EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » To pursue or not to persue? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: To pursue or not to persue?
locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forums...just found them searching about Egypt. I hope I'm not intruding!

I have a question and maybe you all can give me some insight. I have been studying Arabic online via a private teacher and love the language and culture. I am working on my Middle Eastern studies degree here in the US. I'm going through a divorce right now, but I've always had a friendship with my teacher. I don't think it's any secret we like each other. But here's my problem...he is from a small village and is very religious. I don't have a problem with Islam and have even thought about reverting before I met him. He is very respectful and would never tell me he liked me in any romantic way seeing as my divorce isn't final yet. I don't really know that he ever would actually! He has said in the past that he has no time for girls. LOL But my lessons are twice a week and he calls me every day, so I know something is there. [Wink]

Anyway, I guess I'm wondering if I should ever tell him how I feel? I don't want to cloud his life with a divorced woman...knowing what that status holds in Egypt. But, how do I know that he wouldn't react differently than I expect?

I am going to Egypt in a couple of months, not because of him, but to study for a month. I guess my question is: would you tell him?

Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mz smarty pants:
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forums...just found them searching about Egypt. I hope I'm not intruding!

I have a question and maybe you all can give me some insight. I have been studying Arabic online via a private teacher and love the language and culture. I am working on my Middle Eastern studies degree here in the US. I'm going through a divorce right now, but I've always had a friendship with my teacher. I don't think it's any secret we like each other. But here's my problem...he is from a small village and is very religious. I don't have a problem with Islam and have even thought about reverting before I met him. He is very respectful and would never tell me he liked me in any romantic way seeing as my divorce isn't final yet. I don't really know that he ever would actually! He has said in the past that he has no time for girls. LOL But my lessons are twice a week and he calls me every day, so I know something is there. [Wink]

Anyway, I guess I'm wondering if I should ever tell him how I feel? I don't want to cloud his life with a divorced woman...knowing what that status holds in Egypt. But, how do I know that he wouldn't react differently than I expect?

I am going to Egypt in a couple of months, not because of him, but to study for a month. I guess my question is: would you tell him?

sheesh, this sounds like a recent ESer.
Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samarra_Anissa I'm sorry! I have never posted here before. I'm sorry I asked then. [Frown]
Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The much you would like to tell him something - don't. Go to your studies to Egypt and when you come back see how things develop between the both of you.

Oh but do let him know when you through with your divorce. It's up to him to do the next step. He will if he's willing to pursue you.

Enjoy your stay in Egypt. It's going to be a lifetime experience for you. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
The much you would like to tell him something - don't. Go to your studies to Egypt and when you come back see how things develop between the both of you.

Oh but do let him know when you through with your divorce. It's up to him to do the next step. He will if he's willing to pursue you.

Enjoy your stay in Egypt. It's going to be a lifetime experience for you. [Smile]

Again I will have to agree with Tigerlily, I believe you should go to Egypt, enjoy yourself and let things unfold by themselves in their own due time. Anytime you try to force something it ends badly, let him come to you especially if he is the conservative type. If there is an attraction there, once he knows you are divorced I am sure he will be the one to pursue it.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Thank you both! I think that is very wise advice. I'll go and study there and concentrate on that. If things are meant to be, they will happen in due time. [Smile]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi everyone!

If your language teacher is 'online' you mean you have not met yet? Is he in Egypt and will you meet him when you go? If yes to this then say nothing before you meet!!!! online is very different to face to face.

Go to Egypt, you will have a wonderful time and be as hooked as the rest of us [Big Grin] meet him and see how things develop, see if you get on in real life. Even if things dont develop further you have a friend in Egypt who will do all he can to make you comfortable so go and enjoy things and dont try to wedge romance in there somewhere, see how it develops.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi everyone!

I like your name............very original.
Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ana huna
dont listen to samarra, she is so rude to everyone, dont apologise, you have nothing to be sorry for, stay with us, and welcome to the forum, But ignore her comments,
You are very welcome

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha, excellent point, you paid attention to the detail. [Wink]

Anyway, I still would not confront him about a relationship but do let him know when you are a 'free woman' again. Good luck! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ana

I agree with all what ladies told you?, go and meet him see him face to face, tray to know him as person, touch base about culture and what he think of western culture? And what he can accept and what he can not? Be clear honest and open... after that you can decide...

Do not build an expectation or wish to find something special? So you can see him as he is not as you wish.

You said "he is very religious" you need to talk with him and know that side from him, how far he is very religious
Bottom lines just do it and enjoy your time in Egypt, if you have any questions, I will always be happy to answer you. just be carful [Smile] welcome to egypt and hope you really love egypt and the nile as much we egyptian love it..

Posts: 233 | From: Cairo | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoDeStY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a Muslim woman I can tell you this, get your divorce finalized before moving ahead with your feelings.. Marriage is something holy you can't just turn it on or off as you pleases, with all respect to you before making a move to the next man finish off what you have started with the First one.. So inshaAllah when you finally get the first one out of the way you are free to get married to whom ever you pleases (assuming you would want to get married again).

There is not shame in a divorced woman/man the shame is on a married cheating wife or a husband even with simple wordes like I love you..

Have some self respect that is All that I'm saying..

--------------------
(Do they seek other than the religion of Allah, while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.) (3:83)

Posts: 122 | From: Sweden + Misr | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MoDeStY, this thread is over 2 years old, I doubt she needs this advice now [Roll Eyes]

Its just that Gaza, who also has endless names on here, has a problem with someone else having other names on here. Normal case of double standards by some little male twerp with a complex [Wink]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure but it's definitely not parsue.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn_22
Member # 13255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn_22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes by all means finish with the other man before u move on. many problems arise from this and some u might regret.
Posts: 52 | From: American | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the Arabic teachere has deleted my posting but why??
It's good that its still on Sashyra's comment.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn_22:
yes by all means finish with the other man before u move on. many problems arise from this and some u might regret.

Nah have your cake and eat it i say [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:
I think that the Arabic teachere has deleted my posting but why??
It's good that its still on Sashyra's comment.

Yes,i do,too, wonder why your comment was deleted,Mimmi [Confused]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
methinks its to do with the comment Gaza posted Sash not MIMMI'S
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wouldnt. there isnt one egyptian man that would turn a chick down...seriously. you are exactly what these guys are looking for.

keep it a business relationship. plus, pick up on the signs, if he is a teacher and he is 'falling' for and calling his students, this means he is easy.

and dont let the religious villager bit make u think he is a good guy....these dudes suprisingly enough are the worst. another sign, he is religious you say, how were your sessions done? in a room alone with each other with the door shut? that right there is a no no in islam.

but anyway, u are going thru a divorce...i dont know how u feel right now, but this is a vulnerable time for you...right now you are very open to be taken advantage of and run to a guy just because the shock of losing your mate is depressing you.

i would stick on the same road you were on you know, pursuing ur studies and etc...it doesnt look like u need a romanticc burden right now that could possible throw your whole plan off course...especially with an egyptian...they are very pasionate and have this vampire like ability to make a woman go gaga over him totally forgetting what she has to do for herself first.
they can also come off very needy and it does require a lot of commitment to keep these men at bay.

thank him for his lessons and keep it movin'.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoDeStY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord have mercy! MD you sound bitter on the other hand the woman was 5o years old..

The Problem is You have never been with a practising Muslim man as they don't drink, club, have sex outside marriage and they would never give a second look to any women unless he comes at her house in front of her dad to look if she is what he desires in a wife ( with face and hands only showing if she is a Muslim) ..

You should try standing outside a masjed (mosque) dressed up like going to a prty, and see how many of the Egyptian guys you said never says no to any chick would hunt you or give you time or place you would be shocked how many.. In fact it wouldn't matter even if you were a Muslim half necked woman not many of the Muslims practising men would harass you.

Please don't take my word and Try just for the fun of it..

You people need to check other places in Egypt that is not tourist loaded or full of gold diggers and permanent visa seekers, when will you people understand that thows places are full of thifes and parasites..

How many more women would have to suffer before you people get smarter I feel such pity for western women, they give everything they have and what do they get in return and this is sadly in every freaking relationship they get in from the age of 14 if not younger!

Its a shame.. You creator gave you high status, standers and rights but not many care for that, they rather lower them selves letting it easy for worst & filthiest types of men to use them and abuse them and they wonder what went wrong? After so many relationships they still wonder?

I'm with you if you say good for nothing sorts of men are everywhere in this world and they come in different size, shape, religion, nationalities and colour.

But women are more respected in the east far more then the west I have never seen anything cheaper then the western women in the west. That dose not mean that all western women are like some women in some parts of Amsterdam men can actually window-shop them or get their full services with less then 2 dollars.

Posts: 122 | From: Sweden + Misr | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
MoDeStY, have you ever been to Egypt? [Confused]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

Have you?

Word of an advice, If you wanna see a country my is don't just go to tourist loaded places because that dose not represent the whole country.. The places that tourists would go to an average decent misry would be too shamed to go to. That is why I'm not shocked the types of men lady's from here keep on getting married to..

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MoDeStY:
You should try standing outside a masjed (mosque) dressed up like going to a prty, and see how many of the Egyptian guys you said never says no to any chick would hunt you or give you time or place you would be shocked how many.. In fact it wouldn't matter even if you were a Muslim half necked woman not many of the Muslims practising men would harass you.

[Big Grin] That has got to be one of the funniest things I have read on ES in a long time.

Wake up Men are men the world over!!

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... seems us Westerners are again been sterotyped and tarred with the same whore brush!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

But women are more respected in the east far more then the west I have never seen anything cheaper then the western women in the west.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Not true. During the last "mass harrassment" incident in Cairo, women in full niqab were being grabbed and having their clothes ripped off. Egyptian women get propositioned and bothered on the streets as much as "westerners" on a daily basis.

Actually, I have issues with several things you said. I just have not had my coffee yet this morning.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I have often been harassed by guys just coming out or standing in front of a mosque. And I was not wearing a party outfit.

quote:
in some parts of Amsterdam men can actually window-shop them or get their full services with less then 2 dollars.

For two dollars? Yeah, sure. [Roll Eyes]

Better they go window-shopping in a particular district being reserved for this purpose, than picking up women from the street, as they do in Cairo.

Try walking down Gameat al-Dowal on a summer night, and then come back and tell us about your experiences ...

quote:
I feel such pity for western women

I feel such pity for ignorant, brainwashed people, be they Eastern or Western.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

That dose not mean that all western women are like some women in some parts of Amsterdam men can actually window-shop them or get their full services with less then 2 dollars.

Hahaha! You got to be kidding. You can't even buy a pack of French fries for less than 2 dollars in Amsterdam. So 'full services' (whatever that means ... [Big Grin] ) for less than 2 dollars!?? forget it man! Whoever told you that crap, don't believe all this nonsense.
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You people need to check other places in Egypt that is not tourist loaded or full of gold diggers and permanent visa seekers, when will you people understand that thows places are full of thifes and parasites..

And where would these places be exactly? Better yet, can you give me directions. I would like to visit these places.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha, have you ever been to Egypt? [Wink]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have [Cool] have you lady ferret ? [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
erm... Have you, have you really [Big Grin]

I have been to Egypt but I think I must have just gone to the tourist places.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
quote:

That dose not mean that all western women are like some women in some parts of Amsterdam men can actually window-shop them or get their full services with less then 2 dollars.

Hahaha! You got to be kidding. You can't even buy a pack of French fries for less than 2 dollars in Amsterdam. So 'full services' (whatever that means ... [Big Grin] ) for less than 2 dollars!?? forget it man! Whoever told you that crap, don't believe all this nonsense.
It's how you look at it. If you mean: going out and pick up a girl that you've meet in a bar, then indeed it could be less then € 2,-...it happens... The red light district will be more expensive!
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
erm... Have you, have you really [Big Grin]

I have been to Egypt but I think I must have just gone to the tourist places.

i have been .all over [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Have you?

Word of an advice, If you wanna see a country my is don't just go to tourist loaded places because that dose not represent the whole country.. The places that tourists would go to an average decent misry would be too shamed to go to. That is why I'm not shocked the types of men lady's from here keep on getting married to..

You didnt answer MY question before you asked yours, in fact you didnt answer it even after you asked yours.

Have you ever been to Egypt?? [Confused]

to answer yours, I LIVE IN EGYPT

cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

How many more women would have to suffer before you people get smarter I feel such pity for western women, they give everything they have and what do they get in return and this is sadly in every freaking relationship they get in from the age of 14 if not younger!

Pleaaaaseeeeee not this again [Roll Eyes] [Confused] So you think only western women give everything to a relationship? Yeah right. Being a woman, an Egyptian woman and having a relationship is not any easier either. Do you know what many, too many of them have to endure? Not to mention other women in other countries. Get out of your bubble!
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Have you?

You didnt answer MY question before you asked yours, in fact you didnt answer it even after you asked yours.

Have you ever been to Egypt?? [Confused]

to answer yours, I LIVE IN EGYPT

Yeah I have been in misr before duh [Big Grin] and I live there 6 month a year [Embarrassed]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Yeah I have been in misr before duh [Big Grin] and I live there 6 month a year [Embarrassed]

Odd, this doesnt sound much like the Islamic preacher you have been trying to portray here. [Confused] just not quite decided yet which troll you are [Wink]
MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by cloudberry:
quote:

Pleaaaaseeeeee not this again [Roll Eyes] [Confused] So you think only western women give everything to a relationship? Yeah right. Being a woman, an Egyptian woman and having a relationship is not any easier either. Do you know what many, too many of them have to endure? Not to mention other women in other countries. Get out of your bubble!
I'm just saying you sure know how to pick them..! Same sorts of men years after years something is wrong with this picture, it's like a freaking epidemic.. I don't blame a woman who falls first time or second time for a d-o-u-c-h-e bag but after man number 3 I think something is seriously wrong with you.. You have to love your self and have some sense of self value in order to be treated well and loved, have some dignity for Allah sake and high expectations from men and aim for the best and learn form your past mistakes.. That's all am saying..
MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Odd, this doesnt sound much like the Islamic preacher you have been trying to portray here. [Confused] just not quite decided yet which troll you are [Wink]
You can call it tough love.. [Big Grin]

Islam is free from my errors and mistakes of course.. And yes I happen to love my religion very much .. [Big Grin]

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cloudberry:
quote:

So do we conclude that men are the problem? [Wink]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
just not quite decided yet which troll you are [Wink]

I only know one one former member who uses the words "douchebags". [Wink]

But then I've completely lost track of all the lunatics around here ... [Embarrassed]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
quote:
just not quite decided yet which troll you are [Wink]

I only know one one former member who uses the words "douchebags". [Wink]

But then I've completely lost track of all the lunatics around here ... [Embarrassed]

Allah yekhrb beet sharon of course that is the case, ya de nila you blow my cover!! ..
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modesty :-

----------------------------------------------

You say you live in Egypt 6 months of the year and seem to totally fail to see what's before your eyes and you also do the same in whatever western country you inhabit for the other 6 months year.

Whilst I do not condone underage sex which is another issue young modern women in the West are having sex outside of marriage by choice because for them they are so much more than just their virginity or sexuality. They are not expecting a fully committed long term relationship from every man they have sex with any more than the men are. They have their independence, work, life, and career choices & financial independence. Many now do not choose to marry until their late 20/30's. Its all about choice and something makes me think when Egyptian woman achieve the same level of independence...and I am sure many will .....they won't be doing things that much differently.

Sex is just not such a big issue in the West as it is in Egypt and that is no bad thing judging by what we all see going on in Egypt.

Open your eyes Modesty to the realities of both cultures you are living with and don't live in some sort of religious utopia.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lord have mercy! MD you sound bitter on the other hand the woman was 5o years old..

The Problem is You have never been with a practising Muslim man as they don't drink, club, have sex outside marriage and they would never give a second look to any women unless he comes at her house in front of her dad to look if she is what he desires in a wife ( with face and hands only showing if she is a Muslim) ..

Please don't take my word and Try just for the fun of it..

Its a shame.. You creator gave you high status, standers and rights but not many care for that, they rather lower them selves letting it easy for worst & filthiest types of men to use them and abuse them and they wonder what went wrong? After so many relationships they still wonder?

I'm with you if you say good for nothing sorts of men are everywhere in this world and they come in different size, shape, religion, nationalities and colour.

But women are more respected in the east far more then the west I have never seen anything cheaper then the western women in the west. That dose not mean that all western women are like some women in some parts of Amsterdam men can actually window-shop them or get their full services with less then 2 dollars.

Are you for real? Do you inabit the real world at all? Seriously get a grip you clip [Big Grin]
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
You say you live in Egypt 6 months of the year and seem to totally fail to see what's before your eyes and you also do the same in whatever western country you inhabit for the other 6 months year.

Whilst I do not condone underage sex which is another issue young modern women in the West are having sex outside of marriage by choice because for them they are so much more than just their virginity or sexuality. They are not expecting a fully committed long term relationship from every man they have sex with any more than the men are. They have their independence, work, life, and career choices & financial independence. Many now do not choose to marry until their late 20/30's. Its all about choice and something makes me think when Egyptian woman achieve the same level of independence...and I am sure many will .....they won't be doing things that much differently.

Sex is just not such a big issue in the West as it is in Egypt and that is no bad thing judging by what we all see going on in Egypt.

Open your eyes Modesty to the realities of both cultures you are living with and don't live in some sort of religious utopia.

I feel sorry that you feel its not a big deal for a women to take off her cloth in front of strange men now and then..

I have more respect for your great-grandmothers they use to love them selves and honour their bodies.

I guess some women appropriate that they are being used and abused, sadly she puts in her little brain she is free and lebrated from Oppression like muslim women, until she ends up with Std's or end up being pregnant Then she has to take the walk of shame to the operation room all alone..

I can't even begin to tell you how many young girls or older once that goes through this sh't everyday, and the depression rate is so high among them it's ridicules not to mention the suicides.. I'm just mad that some women don't value them selves I guess it has to do with their upbringings, like mother like daughter. No self worthy not self respect, you call it freedom I call it an abomination..

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modesty how do you know who values themselves and who doesn't? It's not for you to decide. Worry about yourself before getting mad about things you have no power to change
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

Penny this is the first time I have disagreed with you! [Smile]

I agree that women in the West might have more independence, but the reality is somewhere in between both yours and Modesty's argument I feel.

Islam is the fastest growing religion, and a large percentage of this is women converting to Islam? Why?

The women's movement brought us independence, yes, but not as they planned. You are right, sex is not such a big thing, is that what they wanted?

Why SHOULDN'T sex be a big thing? What is wrong with working as a couple to get through life?
The result of women now trying to do everything is as Modesty says. The men do not respect them any more, in actual fact, WESTERN men STILL respect a woman who doesn't have sex with them too early, so what does that tell you? Attititudes towards sex, from a male perspective haven't really changed at all.

Many women THINK that they can run around having sex like its a bar of chocolate, just as the men do...but we all know they are not treated the same, eg. The man is a stud, the woman is a slag.

In addition the problems that have resulted in this new way of living are an increase in Terminations, single parent families, depression, self harming, eating disorders, problems conceiving (due to postponing starting a family until 30's or 40's) etc.

One possible reason for this is that it is too much, women were never intended to do it all on their own, yet many do now. Because the men have lost all sense of responsibility and the women have let them.

So you see, the way women live in the west is no more liberating than in Egypt. They have just swapped some problems for others.

We all need to be aware of our own cultural perceptions, liberation does not only come in the form that we see it in the west. Reducing sex to nothing more than a physical act, means that we as women have lost something. Sex is the ultimate in emotional connection between a couple, or at least it should be. I feel that in the west we have allowed this to be taken from us in a misguided attempt to be 'equal' to men. The truth is we have sold out. The men still have what they want, and can sell a car by draping a naked women over the front and the sad thing is, we LET them.

And we call it independence.

Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
I feel sorry that you feel its not a big deal for a women to take off her cloth in front of strange men now and then..

so marrying a strange man you dont really know is ok??

quote:
I guess some women appropriate that they are being used and abused, sadly she puts in her little brain she is free and lebrated from Oppression like muslim women, until she ends up with Std's or end up being pregnant Then she has to take the walk of shame to the operation room all alone..
free from oppression like Muslim women??? you SURE you have been to Egypt because everything you say is text book and NOT reality.

Walk of shame? not everyone who gets pregnant gets rid of it in the west, unlike those liberated, free from opression Muslim women who have their virginity reconstructed or make sure they only have anal sex before marriage.

quote:
I can't even begin to tell you how many young girls or older once that goes through this sh't everyday, and the depression rate is so high among them it's ridicules not to mention the suicides.. I'm just mad that some women don't value them selves I guess it has to do with their upbringings, like mother like daughter. No self worthy not self respect, you call it freedom I call it an abomination..
I call it bullshite from someone so far from reality shes on another planet!
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walk of shames to surgery-rooms, in order to get an abortion, is much more common in countries without birth-prevention-methods available, isn't that logical?
In my opinion, the fact more the law forbids, the more people will feel attrackted to it. Just like by raising up children: you have to make them understand what is good and what is bad.
Morals and values are partly universal, so it doesn't matter in which culture you are, unruly, unfettered, unrestrained, ungovernable, undisciplined, unmanageable, wild, lawless, disorederly, will not be considered the same as
open, fair, plain, sincere, straight, frank, honest, straightforward, clear, blank, sly, roguish, unmarked, free, freely, at liberty, unruly, unfettered, unrestrained, ungovernable, undisciplined, unmanageable.
Gay, shallow, frivolous, light-hearted, flippant, flighty, rash, reckless, daring, audacious, presumptuous, foolhardy, light-headed, overconfident, temerarious, careless, imprudent, inconsiderate behaviour is not appreciated in whichever culture we know.
You are going way to far by stating that one culture is good and the other one is bad. There are pro's and contra's to every culture, even the Egyptian culture.
The numbers of depressed women, of women with one of more abortions in their past, of women who are suppressed in Egypt might be higher as you think it is...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com