EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » To pursue or not to persue? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   
Author Topic: To pursue or not to persue?
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
Got some refreshments,karkade,beer,shisha...maybe popcorn or peanuts?Anyone wants any???

[Cool]

Little early for a beer but a shisha and a large white mocha with an extra shot would do nicely [Big Grin]
Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pillar, I’m starting to feel you just have a go at me for the sake of having a go at me. That is perfectly ok by me, it has kept me entertained on the snowy afternoon, but don’t try to hide behind it being for actual valid reasons.
Please look at my two first posts above (read them properly), and quote what bits so offended you.
In fact, just look at the first one, that is what started it all- and you then posted “good luck wk”, but going on what someone else said, you had edited it from something worse. So, please tell, what in the post was so offensive? Was it when I disagreed with you about men respecting woman? Is this what it all comes down to, that I have different experiences with men than you do? I clearly said my generation, it was clearly an observation. I wasn’t saying “it is this way, and no other way”. So please, inform me what was so wrong about my post. Or maybe you just have issues with someone thinking people are as free as they feel, whatever their lifestyle

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MoDeStY:
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
In the post you quote, you describe women who have intercourse out of wedlock as "she has to take walk of shame to the operation room all alone..."

That sounds like Egypt, not Sweden, to me. So what "western" women with corrupt morals are you describing?

Because to me (and many on here) you are describing Egyptians. Many of them muslim.

The walk of shame a.k.a abortion, any muslin woman who follows your footsteps the footsteps of 'liberality' have her own self to blame if she falls under the same destruction..
*YOUR* who is this "your" as in any muslim woman who follows your footsteps.

Are you - the pious muslimah that you are - making judgments about ME? Are you - the pious muslimah that you are, making those judgments falsely? They are certainly not based on anything I wrote on this board. My footsteps to abortion? To "Liberty"?

What? I would at this point ask if you were drunk if posted this, had you not made it so clear that you're a pious muslimah who wouldn't admit to as much.

I'm saying the "walk of shame" you describe is more common in Egypt than Sweden.

Please explain how this fits with your "liberal" evil western ways.

YOUR sisters probably get more abortions in secret than your fellow swedish citizens. (And no, there's no official statistics, which is part of the "walk of shame" you describe. Swedish women are not made to feel guilty and try to hide the decision they're legally given by their government.)

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pillar:
(the term 'actual fact', btw of gold, is used often in the English language to describe things that are not scientifically proven)

[Confused] is it??
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
(the term 'actual fact', btw of gold, is used often in the English language to describe things that are not scientifically proven)

[Confused] is it??
Um, no. It isn't. In fact, if Pillar bothered to use a dictionary, she would find it's a redundancy as by definition all facts are actual.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

[Confused] is it??
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/fact.html
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Confused] is it??
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/fact.html
1. something known to be true: something that can be shown to be true, to exist, or to have happened

2. truth or reality of something: the truth or actual existence of something, as opposed to the supposition of something or a belief about something
based on fact

3. piece of information: a piece of information, e.g. a statistic or a statement of the truth

So we can assume from this that an 'actual fact' is something that IS proven as opposed to something that is NOT proven? I do hope so, being English myself I wouldnt like to think I have used this wrongly all these years [Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

I'm sorry Ayisha, but you're wrong. As I posted, it's a redundancy. By definition, anything labeled a "fact" has to also by definition be "actual"

so it's a bit like saying PIN (Personal Identification Number Number)

Oh look. Number 3 on the list:

http://grammar.about.com/od/words/a/redundancies.htm

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
yes Exp I get that, like saying a real fact or a true fact, but its the bit about it being used for something NOT proven thats getting to me. Surely if something is fact then it IS proven, scientifically or otherwise?

Like for instance the big bang 'theory' has not been scientifically proven so I wouldnt say it is an actual fact. Pillar is saying she would use 'actual fact' for this as its not been scientifically proven. [Confused]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this mean she would gladly say evolution is an actual fact... oh happy days [Big Grin]

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

I believe, Ayisha, you are referring to the acronym "BS" in this instance.
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Confused] is it??
Um, no. It isn't. In fact, if Pillar bothered to use a dictionary, she would find it's a redundancy as by definition all facts are actual.
Could this mean that I am an idiot savant? [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
looking up acronym and savant and will get back to ya both [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yes Exp I get that, like saying a real fact or a true fact, but its the bit about it being used for something NOT proven thats getting to me. Surely if something is fact then it IS proven, scientifically or otherwise?

Like for instance the big bang 'theory' has not been scientifically proven so I wouldnt say it is an actual fact. Pillar is saying she would use 'actual fact' for this as its not been scientifically proven. [Confused]

Ayisha, I believe this is why it is called a theory... [Razz] [Wink]

Pillar, can safely say that her theory is that men do not respect a woman if she sleeps with him too soon.

She can also call it her hypothesis which is an educated guess based on some previous observation or experience.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Perhaps she's just playing at british. I believe to you people "actually" is the american equivalent of "like"

Um, like... I actually think this might be true.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
[Wink] too brainy for me of_gold [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
who is playing at British Exp?? I am Brit, Pillar is Brit, of_gold is from over the pond [Wink]

im confused on the actually thingy though [Frown]

My brian hurts now [Frown]

--------------------

of_gold
Member # 13418

^hmmmm this could explain why we are having trouble communicating... You British people talk funny. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
^hmmmm this could explain why we are having trouble communicating... You British people talk funny.
Yeah, it's like we're talking French- and that's an actual fact [Wink]
Don't blame the majority for the strange linguistic skills of the minority [Big Grin]

--------------------
Another one....

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
^hmmmm this could explain why we are having trouble communicating... You British people talk funny. [Big Grin]

True.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vader? - welcome back! [Razz]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is an actual fact that the English can't even speak English!

(According to the bold new definition of fact)

Now could somone please explain factual acts?

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the OP and I have not read the thread........ but my instinct is to say NO for the LOV of God NO do not pursue it. Other side of the world, guy from a little village. This is not how stella got her groove back.

--------------------
BLAME CANADA

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
It is an actual fact that the English can't even speak English!

(According to the bold new definition of fact)

Lets remember who it was that couldn't understand the word "top! Darn Americans [Big Grin]

Fact is fact... but for some reason, sticking the world "actual" in front of it, turns fact into opinion. Had I known English was so complicated, I would have just started out with mandarin.

--------------------
Another one....

Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Confused] is it??
In actual fact people use it quite a lot, but you people just loooove to pull people apart dontcha. Why bother reading a dictionary when I have all of you 'experts' to tell me how the world works?

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/actual.html

There you go, its used, people use it, you may not like it, but it is used in everyday language, if you want to get you knickers in a twist over it, be my guest [Wink]

so, seeing as it means the same as 'actually' you will find that we often use actually about things that are not the same as scientifically proven facts.

And of Gold, dont presume to know what I might hypothesize or how I might reach my conclusions because I'm still neither a man or prostitute...If I want you to know what my hypothesis is, I will tell you. (or one of the ES experts will tell you [Big Grin] )

And while you experts are at it, you might want to contact the BBC

"Note that we can also use in actual fact or as a matter of fact to clarify matters or to introduce new information:"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/learnit/learnitv247.shtml

Now if you recall I said the use of 'in actual fact' was not for scientific FACT, as Of-Gold jumped on me saying that what I was saying was not FACT, as it was not proven to be so...The use of this term does not CLAIM to be stating something as a Scientifically proven FACT.

Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Now if you recall I said the use of 'in actual fact' was not for scientific FACT, as Of-Gold jumped on me saying that what I was saying was not FACT, as it was not proven to be so...The use of this term does not CLAIM to be stating something as a Scientifically proven FACT.
nah ya dint [Big Grin]

quote:

--------------------

Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
nah ya dint [Big Grin]

quote:

Well thats what I MEANT, of course i didnt mean that it is a general term to describe all that is NOT scientific, cos that would be ridiculous.
Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by CairoStudent:
Read the OP and I have not read the thread........ but my instinct is to say NO for the LOV of God NO do not pursue it. Other side of the world, guy from a little village. This is not how stella got her groove back.

The question was posted in December 2006. What is the mysterious reason for it's resurrection?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
nah ya dint [Big Grin]

quote:

Well thats what I MEANT, of course i didnt mean that it is a general term to describe all that is NOT scientific, cos that would be ridiculous.
well thats what I thought! now you put the 'in' in it im a bit wiser-ish [Big Grin]
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Alhmdulillah my dad values the manners and religion far more then money and talking with the brother is a big deal for us we don't have to open our legs in order to get to know him, unlike so called free women of 2009.. No one is holding a gun in his head, I'm sure some parasites have told some women here and there their little sad story on how their own family forced them to to get married to their poor little cousin (that he can't stand and yet have kids with each year [Big Grin] )and that he never got the chance to be in love before.. Man some people are just easy [Razz]

And if a man wants have a second wife the future second wife has the choice to enter the marriage contract or not, and the first has the same rights to either get a divorced or stay with him.. No one is forcing anyone into anything here..

I've lived in Egypt for one year and tonight I saw for the first time a magazine called Just Divorced. A magazine dedicated to the prevention of divorce. Interesting to note that according to this magazine Egypt's divorce rate is over 40%. Egypt was ranked like number 3 in the world for the highest divorce rate.

And really Modesty, I did not say anyone was being "forced" into anything. Those were your words - a subliminal slip of the tongue I'm sure. I also never said that one must open their legs in order to get to know someone - again those were your words. Just keep convincing yourself that you have freedom of choice, that letting your father choose your potential husband and that sitting with a man and talking to him with other people watching you like a hawk leads to a successful marriage. Keep convincing yourself that you will fall in love with him after you marry him. The only real choice you have is to make the final decision from among the handful of potential applicants your father has pre-interviewed for you. These guys made it to the final round - you simply get to pick the one that gets the golden ticket.

Most of these guys don't have a choice either. They were equally "forced" by their father and mother to even go and talk to your father in the first place.

So, do you think this is a good way to choose the person you will spend the rest of your life with? Or do you think it explains why the divorce rate in Egypt is over 40%? You decide.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]And if a man wants have a second wife the future second wife has the choice to enter the marriage contract or not, and the first has the same rights to either get a divorced or stay with him.. No one is forcing anyone into anything here..

In a perfect world maybe. But when these guys are out trying to pick up other woman they conveniently forget that they are married. I had a friend who was heavily pursued by a man. After several weeks passed he told her matter of factly "by the way, I'm getting married tomorrow." My friend sent the guy on his merry way, but he called her from his wedding party begging her not to leave him.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Confused] is it??
In actual fact people use it quite a lot, but you people just loooove to pull people apart dontcha. Why bother reading a dictionary when I have all of you 'experts' to tell me how the world works?

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/actual.html

There you go, its used, people use it, you may not like it, but it is used in everyday language, if you want to get you knickers in a twist over it, be my guest [Wink]

so, seeing as it means the same as 'actually' you will find that we often use actually about things that are not the same as scientifically proven facts.

And of Gold, dont presume to know what I might hypothesize or how I might reach my conclusions because I'm still neither a man or prostitute...If I want you to know what my hypothesis is, I will tell you. (or one of the ES experts will tell you [Big Grin] )

And while you experts are at it, you might want to contact the BBC

"Note that we can also use in actual fact or as a matter of fact to clarify matters or to introduce new information:"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/learnit/learnitv247.shtml

both of the links you provide pretty much concur with what I posted.

what you wrote is:

"the term 'actual fact', btw of gold, is used often in the English language to describe things that are not scientifically proven"

which is utter crap. you may want to look up the definition of "fact". any adjective or adverb you place in front of it may modify the noun, but does not change the meaning of the noun itself.

cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And if a man wants have a second wife the future second wife has the choice to enter the marriage contract or not, and the first has the same rights to either get a divorced or stay with him.. No one is forcing anyone into anything here..

Ok, as you are so wise: if the first wife doesn't have any money or no place to go but she wants to divorce - what she can do? Mind you, she has been all of her life at home cooking, cleaning and taking care of children, so there's not really many jobs available for her and there already are so many unemployed people in Egypt who are looking for same jobs.

She maybe has to leave her kids with him - on the other hand if she can take them with her, she probably has no money to feed them.

Islam can give many rights but reality in Egypt can be very different. Many (Egyptian) women stay in bad marriages because they have to not because they want to. How many, don't know, nobody knows...

Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The Ministry of Common Sense:
quote:

Alhmdulillah my dad values the manners and religion far more then money and talking with the brother is a big deal for us we don't have to open our legs in order to get to know him, unlike so called free women of 2009.. No one is holding a gun in his head, I'm sure some parasites have told some women here and there their little sad story on how their own family forced them to to get married to their poor little cousin (that he can't stand and yet have kids with each year [Big Grin] )and that he never got the chance to be in love before.. Man some people are just easy [Razz]

I've lived in Egypt for one year and tonight I saw for the first time a magazine called Just Divorced. A magazine dedicated to the prevention of divorce. Interesting to note that according to this magazine Egypt's divorce rate is over 40%. Egypt was ranked like number 3 in the world for the highest divorce rate.

And really Modesty, I did not say anyone was being "forced" into anything. Those were your words - a subliminal slip of the tongue I'm sure. I also never said that one must open their legs in order to get to know someone - again those were your words. Just keep convincing yourself that you have freedom of choice, that letting your father choose your potential husband and that sitting with a man and talking to him with other people watching you like a hawk leads to a successful marriage. Keep convincing yourself that you will fall in love with him after you marry him. The only real choice you have is to make the final decision from among the handful of potential applicants your father has pre-interviewed for you. These guys made it to the final round - you simply get to pick the one that gets the golden ticket.

Most of these guys don't have a choice either. They were equally "forced" by their father and mother to even go and talk to your father in the first place.

So, do you think this is a good way to choose the person you will spend the rest of your life with? Or do you think it explains why the divorce rate in Egypt is over 40%? You decide.

Excellent post Mini, very well put
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First thought that Modesty was a man, but it seems to be a woman, pretending to be Egyptian?
No Egyptian women will ever use this words, so I'm afraid that this is the work of somebody who likes to tease.
I'm not going to take this seriously anymore.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
????? no shes not Egyptian nor is she pretending to be Egyptian although she is foreign I would assume.

Her first post back when she joined says she was doing 'hijjrah' to Cairo to live in a neighbourhood with 'pious religious Muslims', Was then living in Sweden but was not Swedish and is a born Muslim not a convert.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=004228;p=1#000000

Odd that between Oct 2004 and Jan 2009 nothing else was posted though.

I first thought it was a certain troll but now am unsure, although I am crap as guessing trolls [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
First thought that Modesty was a man, but it seems to be a woman, pretending to be Egyptian?
No Egyptian women will ever use this words, so I'm afraid that this is the work of somebody who likes to tease.

Modesty is a woman,and not Egyptian nor Swede precisely, but is well known that she has hit on women.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Modesty is a woman,and not Egyptian nor Swede precisely, but is well known that she has hit on women.
sash ,i do declare [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin] shut my mouth plzzzzzzzz
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't matter who it is, and where it lives. It defenitly is not trying to discuss by arguments, it defenitly enjoys to be as rough as possible. So, what benefit could this argument bring me? None. I wouldn't learn something, I wouldn't know different perspectives, all what would happen, should be arguments and fights.
Am I here because I love arguments and fights? Also nope. So, case closed. Let Modesty (what's in a name!) insult somebody else...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

I thought it was that troll too sash.
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
????? no shes not Egyptian nor is she pretending to be Egyptian although she is foreign I would assume.

Her first post back when she joined says she was doing 'hijjrah' to Cairo to live in a neighbourhood with 'pious religious Muslims', Was then living in Sweden but was not Swedish and is a born Muslim not a convert.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=004228;p=1#000000

Odd that between Oct 2004 and Jan 2009 nothing else was posted though.

I first thought it was a certain troll but now am unsure, although I am crap as guessing trolls [Big Grin]

Notice how the first person who answered her post about coming to Cairo assumed that "she" was a convert to Islam.

I have to agree. This does not sound like someone who is born Muslim. The way Modesty writes sounds too typical of the Western convert who turns into a fanatic.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I thought so too Mini, and its interesting that in 2004 she says her family are too 'western' and now shes saying how her family do all the 'proper' meeting a prospective spouse. Also odd that she is 30 odd now and still unmarried while her sisters are all married and in love. by 30 she should have had all the meetings and the pressies from numerous prospective spouses so why still unmarried?

And why is she 6 months in each country? hijjrah means 'moving away' to somewhere else doesnt it?

--------------------

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
And why hasn't she just come out and told us what her actual nationality is. She has had many opportunities but all she keeps saying is she is born Muslim, not Sweedish, not Egyptian, has working knowledge of Arabic, etc.

Care to take a guess?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
pakistani

--------------------

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Good guess. That's exactly what I was thinking.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I think we're all on the same troll then [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
I don't know anything about that. I joined this site over the summer and have not been posting much. Not really familiar with who is who and all that drama...
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
I counted to ten and decided that if I dont have anything good to say, then better to say nothing.

I guess I just dont have your brains Of-Gold, you're too clever for me.

Agree... [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Pillar to weirdkitty:

Well, unfortunately thats not how you come across, you come across as having a HUGE superiority complex.

Disagree... [Razz]
quote:
One time, Of_gold thought I wore a burka simply because I presented an argument, now she thinks I have to be a man or a semi retired prostitute to discuss other 'facts' or attitudes (the term 'actual fact', btw of gold, is used often in the English language to describe things that are not scientifically proven)

huh??? [Confused] You have been here since December. There have been no discussions about burkas in forever, and if there were I doubt I said that you wear one because "I CAN NOT SEE YOU".

Also, you might want to go back and review what I said. I sarcastically asked if you are a man because you claim to know the mind of a man. There is a huge difference between a question and a statement. Same as there is a huge difference between a fact and an opinion.

Are you LML?

quote:
And of Gold, dont presume to know what I might hypothesize or how I might reach my conclusions because I'm still neither a man or prostitute...If I want you to know what my hypothesis is, I will tell you. (or one of the ES experts will tell you )

Did I??? As I recall I said that you "COULD" say it was a hypothesis. You cannot say it is a fact, at least and be correct that is. [Wink]

As ExptinCAI clearly points out your links make it clear why you don't understand what anyone else is saying. [Roll Eyes] You are using a book of "Common Errors in English" as your dictionary. [Eek!]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I have deduced thus far from this thread that...

if you cannot speak 'proper' English, you must therefore be, in 'actual fact', English and therefore you are a slapper.

Cool. [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
I think we're all on the same troll then [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

As if it was that difficult to spot! [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com