EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Post ur pic ! (Page 23)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 74 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  72  73  74   
Author Topic: Post ur pic !
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by sheba76:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Well, people, let's get back on track.

Anyone up to post his/her picture on here?

Ok I'll go first. I hate hijacked or hijacking threads. Here's mine to hopefully turn the tides a bit.

http://i14.tinypic.com/2nlxwr5.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can't answer simple questions because you story sounds questionable even to you!

I was trying to be a good sport and return the hijacked thread to its original purpose. But I will not back down from you. You are twisting things about too many people. When you twist my life to suit you, I will reply.

Be a good sport Sono and post your pic. This is one arguement you cannot win. Because I have been honest. I don't have to rely on statistics, links and made up crap to look authentic. It's just simply the truth. No more. No less. Not so glamorous at times. Wonderful at other times. But that's ok cuz it's my life. Simple as it may be.

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sheba76, I am sorry to tell you but you just fell victim to Sonomania. She created much turmoil in the past on this board, attacked other members and pressed personal information out of them.

She's not letting go of you, believe me. From now on everytime you will have a 'disagreement' (to say nicely) with her on this forum she will throw personal information back at you but not the original stuff you told her, no unfortunately not. She's changing the facts as much as she likes......

Please don't take her serious.

Ladies here is a woman who creates an online persona out of sure boredome and self-hatred. She will support your cause if she feels you have the same aptitude for lying and self-loathing.
Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well, people, let's get back on track.

Anyone up to post his/her picture on here?

Ok I'll go first. I hate hijacked or hijacking threads. Here's mine to hopefully turn the tides a bit.

http://i14.tinypic.com/2nlxwr5.jpg

you can't answer simple questions because you story sounds questionable even to you!

I was trying to be a good sport and return the hijacked thread to its original purpose. But I will not back down from you. You are twisting things about too many people. When you twist my life to suit you, I will reply.

Be a good sport Sono and post your pic. This is one arguement you cannot win. Because I have been honest. I don't have to rely on statistics, links and made up crap to look authentic. It's just simply the truth. No more. No less. Not so glamorous at times. Wonderful at other times. But that's ok cuz it's my life. Simple as it may be.

I did post my pic. Its back there.

And I had posted links from other sources that aren't involved in this tiff, meaning I posted an unbiased hyperlink which has no motivations to discredit anyone.

You can't handle someone asking you direct questions online because these are the same questions you get in real life from family, coworkrs and hopefully friends. If they actually knew what your plans were!

Do your family, co-workers, neighbors and hopefully friends know you are planning to get married in KSA?

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh com'on, Sono, I don't think the other ladies have much interest left to listen to you.

Anyway, it's already morning, my boy is finally sleeping, he came down with a stomach flu, all the laundry is washed, the floor is cleaned, time to get some sleep again.....

don't we do everything for our children?

Good night! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh com'on, Sono, I don't think the other ladies have much interest left to listen to you.

Anyway, it's already morning, my boy is finally sleeping, he came down with a stomach flu, all the laundry is washed, the floor is cleaned, time to get some sleep again.....

don't we do everything for our children?

Good night! [Smile]

And daddy's away killing children who don't deserve to live!

Yup even daddy helps out! [Wink]

Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What an odyssey this thread turned into..good grief!! [Eek!]
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Problem here is you are not provide "facts" and I am only asking questions.

Questions you won't answer because it would shed a doubtful light on your situation.

[Confused]

There is no problem with my situation. No one sees a problem but you. Seriously. You are so off track here.

quote:
Seriously what is the odds that after you go through with this that you continue to post at these egy-boards?
Actually, I will post as long as I want to. What does that matter. I enjoy it here so I might post from here on out. Then again I might not. You never know what life has in store for you. But what does that have to do with this.

quote:
How many women in these long-distance, online or vacation relationships post after their egy-guys arrive?
Egyptian guys arrive where? My guy doesn't want to come here. LOL So sorry to disappoint you but the visa is not an issue here. He is in KSA for now. Who knows what we will do later. He could have come here before he went to KSA. But he wanted to work for our future. To give us a good start. He is one of the good ones. He feels he has to go into a marriage with some security.

quote:
The few that do, don't positive or negative details, they post nothing but comments on others.
What's that got to do with me or this argument? [Confused]

Sorry Sono.......no twisted lies in my situation. Sorry I can't make you happy and be taken in by a gigolo. [Confused]

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
quote:
Sheba76, I am sorry to tell you but you just fell victim to Sonomania. She created much turmoil in the past on this board, attacked other members and pressed personal information out of them.

She's not letting go of you, believe me. From now on everytime you will have a 'disagreement' (to say nicely) with her on this forum she will throw personal information back at you but not the original stuff you told her, no unfortunately not. She's changing the facts as much as she likes......

Please don't take her serious.

Thanks Tigerlily. I'm not hurting, angry, or anything. I just finally felt the need to stand up to her crap. The more she twists the more she makes a fool out of herself. Actually, I feel sorry for her. I mean, it must be awful to be so miserable.

quote:
I did post my pic. Its back there.

Oops sorry didn't notice.

quote:
You can't handle somone asking you direct questions online because these are the same questions you get in real life from family, coworkrs, and hopefully frineds. If they actually knew what your plans were!

Do your family, co-workers, neighbors and hopefully friends know you are planning to get married in KSA?

Hmmmm.......Gee Sono. This has been answered before. I have answered ALL your questions. But you are denying it. Everyone knows my guy and our plans. This has been going on a while. As far as I know, I have their support. They talk to him all the time. And no I don't call him. He calls me.

Oh they were worried when I first went to ME. Just general worries. Not about anyone. I mean the typical fears of an American woman traveling alone to the ME. But now they see things differently.

Once again. I never said I was planning to marry in KSA. I said we are researching options. That's all. Apparently, I am the only one of the two of us that can stick with the truth.

That bit you posted about Tigerlily's husband and child is just sick. You should be ashamed of yourself. But......sadly.........I know you're not.

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, just an FYI, I was married in christian ceremony. When we became engaged, the diamond was put on my left hand, when we married the wedding band was put on above the diamond.When we seperated I flushed my band down the toilet, switched my diamond to my right hand and put another ring on my left. When the divorce was final, I pawned the diamond. [Big Grin] . I was born and raised in the usa, this is what he was told to do by our family, friends, jeweler and minister. Everyone I know has done the same when becoming engaged then married. Hope this helps.. [Smile]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks very much rumi, to us an engagement ring is an engagement ring, but sono, seems to think it is a marriage ring, she cant still get it into her head, im not married, never was and probanbly never will either, lioke my freedom to much, and why change something anyway if youre happy with it,

she is still talking a load of crap, and i think we have all had enough from her, my god, she is like a stuck record, sheba, you are beautifull, loved youre picture, i will write you pm later today, thanks so much to all of you who have supported me over this, stupid nonesense, really cant get over it how someone will act this , way, and sono, you should be ashamed of youreself, and dont speak about tigerlily like you do, she is worth a million of you, youre jealousy is getting beyond you, i think you need help for this, you are so sad and miserable its unreal, i feel sorry for you really,

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kantagah we bass...... you gotta post your own picture, man

--------------------
Femme Fatale

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well rose i think your picture is beautiful just loke your personality. more women on here should know you like i do.you are a very kind and loving person. thanks again for longgggggggg phone call and worrying about me . you are a true friend inside and out . your the best [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky, i feel the same about you, i have missed you and im wondering and hoping all is well with you,

you have missed a bit of fun here yesterday, it was funny,
You are a real true friend, and they are so hard to find in this life, im so glad i found you,

im worrying always about you, but i think i can rest now, as i know you are ok,

please give youre mum a big kiss from me, and i cant wait to see you both on cam soon

loads of love to you all, and to hubby too
have a lovely day,
Alison xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see ya on msn today gf [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lets SHIKDUM and peeeeeeeeeeeee her off BANANA IN action .....man i wish my fella kiss my feeeeeeeeet ...and hips ..im going to try this ....my EGYPTIAN STUD BOY CAN LICK MY TOOSH ANY TIME .im got a lovely cleavage by the way ,and i love it not to be covered [Big Grin] [Razz]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mKKVlf2YC4

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4YjmTm13dk&mode=related&search=

im bringing a bit of indian spice to my egyptian man ....INDIAN and EGYPTIAN what a lovely combination to marry heheheheheh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyCvbC36KdU&mode=related&search=

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary/Anne
Member # 12496

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary/Anne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BANANA FACE., high on banana syrup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4YjmTm13dk&mode=related&search=

im bringing a bit of indian spice to my egyptian man ....INDIAN and EGYPTIAN what a lovely combination to marry heheheheheh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyCvbC36KdU&mode=related&search=

spice him up chimps he may explode.LOL [Big Grin]
Posts: 60 | From: The internet | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
yeah but wont it be so HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT [Big Grin] [Razz]
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
hehehehehehehe
very sexy banana

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Mary/Anne
Member # 12496

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary/Anne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BANANA FACE., high on banana syrup:
yeah but wont it be so HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT [Big Grin] [Razz]

[Big Grin]
Posts: 60 | From: The internet | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Thanks YR. [Big Grin] Us girls got to stick together in here.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately agree us girls have got to stick together! I will say this quietly *whispering* where is Samara_Anissa today? Do you think that at last she has got the message that we don't want her postings of abuse and jealousy on here; or perhaps she can't find anything else on wikipedia to argue her case further [Big Grin]

Hope your all having a good day.

Amanda x

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok what does shikdum mean? [Smile]

People why is sono not banned from this site? It's really getting ridiculous around here!

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
ok what does shikdum mean? [Smile]

Doodlebog - maybe we should ask Samara_Anissa that question,I think that she needs something new to research in wikipedia! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Amanda, could we hope that she lost her ridiculous war of the words and went speechless? LOL NOT Maybe she was banned?

Doodles................she does get banned.........she keeps coming back. At least that's what I've heard.

Yes it is ridiculous. I'm ashamed for having fed her appetite. I don't enjoy being Sono food. LOL Forgive me girls? I love ES, I don't want it to be a nasty unloading forum.

So what you say we all ignore the cutdowns, threats, and infamous links that prove nothing. Will it work? Something has to give here. Any ideas guys?

Oh.............we need some new pics to return this thread to it's original purpose.
[Wink] Who's game?

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Samarra_Anissa:
Ladies here is a woman who creates an online persona out of sure boredome and self-hatred. She will support your cause if she feels you have the same aptitude for lying and self-loathing. [/QB]

Tallking about yourself again Samara_Anissa! Today has been so nice not to have you hijacking threads and talking the s * * t that comes out of you, you are one jealous, bitter, twisted woman who needs help, and quick before someone seriously suffers at your vile comments!
Mary/Anne
Member # 12496

Rate Member
agreed! I dont think sono should be banned she has alot to say,sono is quite interesting at times,make alot of sense.I always find she answers with a question,I never met her but she may be a nice woman who will ever know!

we all tend to climb out of our trees at times.

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
quote:
Oh.............we need some new pics to return this thread to it's original purpose.
[Wink] Who's game?

Ok, how about we all put a photo on here of when we were younger, say when we were between 7 - 12 years old, I was only looking at some of me today and thought did i really look like that. We all need a laugh to bring back the fun onto this forum! [Smile]
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Great idea Miss Sharm. Only I don't have any on pc. Don't have a scanner.

I do have a digital camera. Anyone ever tried taking a pic of a pic? Does it work?

Can't wait to see these. Great idea MS. ممتاز

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
I am studying right now or well trying to, but i seem to be getting distracted! [Wink] I will get a picture of me as a child later and post it on here. We promise that we won't laugh at each other! I am sure that there are some real cuties out there [Smile]

Amanda x

Sheba76 - I haven't tried the taking a pic of a pic thing, probably would be ok, my hairdresser once took a photo from a magazine with my mobile and it seemed to work. Give it a try Sheba76.

Bronzed Adonis
Member # 12416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronzed Adonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sharm:
quote:
[Wink] Who's game?

Ok, how about we all put a photo on here of when we were younger, say when we were between 7 - 12 years old, I was only looking at some of me today and thought did i really look like that. We all need a laugh to bring back the fun onto this forum! [Smile]
How about more photo's of you as you are now? [Wink]

BA x

Posts: 40 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
How about more photo's of you as you are now?

BA x

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me as a baby:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i64/tigerlilyegypt/scan0001.jpg

And I did change a lot since then (probably taken in 1975). [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
AAAWWWWWWWW sooooooooooo cute

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mary/Anne:
agreed! I dont think sono should be banned she has alot to say,sono is quite interesting at times,make alot of sense.I always find she answers with a question,I never met her but she may be a nice woman who will ever know!

who are you agreeing with? [Confused]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
http://i12tinypic.com/2uop5k6.jpg
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
why wont this work for me
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katanga we bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by micky azzam:
why wont this work for me
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

It's http://i12.tinypic.com/2uop5k6.jpg
Cute [Big Grin]

Posts: 743 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
wow thanks that was me when i was in high school 30 yrs ago........ ouch
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok here's me, lets hope this works. I figured I might as well join the crowd........ Hope this works,lol. [IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/2wqwn85.jpg[/IMG]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i64/tigerlilyegypt/scan0001.jpg

That a very nice baby, very cute

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
http://i14.tinypic.com/2wqwn85.jpg
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i did it for you rumi
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Very pretty Souri.

I tried uploading to tinypic. I did it 3 times. All times, it uploaded, then just disappeared. No urls, no nothing. [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

Any ideas?

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

http://i14.tinypic.com/2wqwn85.jpg[/IMG] Now i've got it! I should have read directions first...me last year.
Mary/Anne
Member # 12496

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
quote:
Originally posted by Mary/Anne:

who are you agreeing with? [Confused]
iam agreeing with you doodlebug about this forum becoming ridiculous
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
oh I thought that was souri.....lol nice rumi

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Mary/Anne
Member # 12496

Rate Member
very cute baby pictures of ES members! Sorry I cant share with you,as all photos of my family and of us as children were destroyed in a house fire years ago..photos can never be replaced.
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
quote:
very cute baby pictures of ES members! Sorry I cant share with you,as all photos of my family and of us as children were destroyed in a house fire years ago..photos can never be replaced.
So sorry to hear that. You're right pictures are precious.

How about one of you now?

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
quote:
Originally posted by Samarra_Anissa:
quote:
Originally posted by ho lee fook:
Diamond ring on left means engaged in UK
This is followed by wedding band on same finger when married.

I wore my ring on the right hand before we were married and switched it over to my left after we married. Like anyone else from North America and western Europe.

Again I will repost:
A wedding ring or wedding band consists of a precious metal ring, usually worn on the base of the left ring finger – the fourth finger (counting from the thumb) of the left hand. In some parts of the world, it is worn on the right ring finger (e.g. Bulgaria, Norway, Germany, Poland or Russia).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_ring

See the wikipedia hyperlink above:

Ah, so now you want to use it wikipedia is an credible source [Roll Eyes]

Another confirmation, in the UK engagement rings are traditionally a gold/platinum band with a precious stone(s) worn on the ring finger of the left hand and it is joined by a plain gold/platinum band on the same finger after marriage. However, after the early stage of the marriage the plain band is usually worn on its own and the engagement ring - with the stone - worn with it when dressing for special occasions.

Samarra_Anissa, Newcomer is correct, regarding how an engagement and wedding ring is worn in the UK. The engagement ring is worn on the left hand. A wedding band joins this ring. If you look again at the article you posted, you will see that Wikipedia is ambiguous on this matter. The articles below may help clarify this further:

http://forum.sofeminine.co.uk/forum/Beaute2/__f153_r408_Beaute2-Interesting.html

"Ring finger meaning, which is the ring finger."
Posted by kaisilver 16 March at 16:09

Ring Finger Meaning, Which Is The Ring Finger.

Many jewelry lovers have a common question on their mind and that is on which finger to wear a ring. There are three to four fingers on the hand which are quite popular for wearing rings, however it should be understood that the term 'ring finger' refers to
a particular finger on the hand. It therefore does not mean that, any finger on which a ring is worn could be called a ring finger. In this article we try to answer the most common questions that relate to a ring finger, we also analyze the reason why a finger came to be known as the ring finger.

Let us start by first identifying which finger is the ring finger. For this, hold your left palm up and facing you, now start counting your fingers starting with the thumb. The thumb is the first finger, now move towards the right and count the second and third
fingers, stop when you arrive at the fourth finger as that is the ring finger. You can ofcourse say that, the finger that is next to the small finger is the ring finger. The small finger is also called the 'pinky' finger. You should also remember that when most people refer to the ring finger, they refer to this finger on the left hand and not the right hand.

So why is this finger referred to as the ring finger? In the ancient times it was believed that, there is a vital blood vessel that runs from the ring finger on the left hand directly to the heart! Since the heart is long believed to be a symbol of love, this finger was named as the ring finger. It is therefore apparent that a ring worn on the ring finger of the left hand, is worn with some matrimonial intentions or significance. A promise ring worn with a
commitment to marriage, an engagement ring and a wedding ring are some examples of such rings. As medical sciences advanced, it was proved that the belief of a vital blood vessel connecting the left hand ring finger and the heart was wrong! However, the finger continues to be referred to as the ring finger until today.

We have mentioned above that the left hand ring finger is the finger where most people wear their wedding rings or engagement rings. However, a clarification of the finger on which a promise ring is worn, should be made. The meaning of the ring finger symbolises a special type of relationship with matrimonial intentions. A promise ring can be worn for many reasons and not just with intentions of a matrimonial relationship. Promise rings worn to signify close
friendship (not matrimonial), promise rings that are a commitment to purity or religious promise rings, should ideally be worn on a finger other than the ring finger of the left hand.

The above article provides information that is both interesting and important regarding the meaning of the ring finger and also why this finger came to be known as the ring finger. It is important that a ring worn without matrimonial intentions on the ring finger of the left hand, could be misunderstood to mean an engagement ring or wedding ring or a promise ring (with matrimonial intentions).

You can read the complete report on the meaning of the ring finger and the significance of wearing a ring on the ring finger of the left hand. This report has been compiled after an intensive study was conducted by Kaisilver experts on this topic. The full report is available at this link:
http://www.newsletter.kaijewels.com/ring-finger-me-aning-kj-01.htm

We will be back with more interesting and useful information regarding gem stones and jewelry.

Thanks and God Bless.
Regards.
Ms.Jittrah
http://www.kaisilver.com

Ms.Jittrah is senior exectutive at http://www.kaisilver.com the world's largest online provider of high end custom jewelry. All our custom jewelry can be ordered in 14k or 18k white or yellow
gold with high end craftsmanship. You can choose from our jewelry designs or send us your own designs to be custom made.

The Daily Mail gossip article clearly shows an engagement ring on the left hand finger of Kate Moss, in the accompanying photograph:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=412029&in_page_id=1773

''
Kate Moss arrived back from a romantic trip to Italy with Pete Doherty wearing a ring on her wedding finger.

The picture captured at Heathrow fuelled speculation that the couple are engaged.

However, it later appeared that the supermodel, 32, wanted to keep the ring under wraps as she concealed her hand under the sleeve of her jumper as she left her London home. ''

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 74 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  72  73  74   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com