EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » race in east africa (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: race in east africa
bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bandon19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for AMR1 saying that he is not black im african american and we are all blacks conaleazza rice colin powell and my mother who is light and my gradmother who is light. What AMR1 is forgetting that every black person is brown and people in america do go by shades like light black dark black but for what he said for those african americans who are PURE african no african american is pure african everbody has a pinch of something in them in the united states. Its realy weard how he call us pure africans and his people are from africa and where not. But i do agree with him us african americans need to keep are on history and stop taking there cause black is a skin color not an ethic even that they are all africans they have difrrent culuters a nigeran and angolan and a south africans are difrrent people with diffrent culutres. But as for AMR1 to stop taking to culutre i think wherer do way better off in america then the average pure blooded sudan or east africa these people are pore living in MUD HUTS.
Posts: 188 | From: canton,ma,united states | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bandon19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUT DONT GET ME WRONG I AM STILL A NEGRO JUST LIKE ANY ETHIOPAN AND SUDAN SOMALIAS PEOPLE. BUT I DONT WANT THOSE PEOPLE CULTURE AND WE AFRICAN AMERICANS DONT NEED THERE CULTURE.
Posts: 188 | From: canton,ma,united states | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

What you have to realize is that every person across the globe as their own color classification system. Even groups like Somalis and other eastern Africans call themselves things like meran or Teyim. Both these in their own language mean ''the prefect color''.

Not all Sudanese are pure,for many do have Arabic and even Turkish ancestors. However, because or Arabization many often will claim their Arabian or Turkish ancestry as opposed to their ''black'' African ancestry. This is what I call the Arabic version of ''shadism''

Northern Sudanese also look down upon their own Southern Sudanese bredren which I feel might have something to do with Arabization and also with British colonialization. The British colonial anthropologist like MacMichael divided Northern Sudan and southern Sudan into two different races of people. They claim the Northern Sudanese were nobel Hamities;while the southern Sudanese were inferior ''negroes''. The British are much to blame for racial conditions in Sudan as are the Arabization.

In my opinion, I think Northern and southern Sudan should be broken off. Southern Sudan should be given to Nilotic African countries like Uganda or Kenya. Northern Sudan should become an extension of Egypt. In this way both parties are satisfied with their destiny.

You know my ancestors were all simple fellahin farmers that lived in mud-brick dwellings. Our lifestyle was very much like African people,and this is why I probably don't share the feelings that many modern Egyptian and Sudanese people do for Africans in the interior. Modern Egyptians often forget that many of their ancestors came from humble beginnings,and think they are superior because many live more modern know than Africans in the interior.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
ausar true u have a point but what i keep reading about norther sudan is that alot of the have more african blood. But despite that i keep reading in british newspaper how alot of time from southers and northerns u cant tell the diffrent. But also when a norhter goes to the middle east with real arabs they dont consider norther sudan people arabic. But all i am trying to say about african americans we all see are selfs as blacks but in realty we are all diffrent shade im dark my sister dark my light grand mother lighter and every in my familiy all have diffreant shades but we are all the same people. But we all are afrian americans with african descent but we are not pure thats what im trying to tell amr1 he keeps calling black in america pure blood africans when anybody in africa who live in east or west probaly has more afrian descent they anybody in america does after all my PEOPLE HAVENT BEEN IN AFRICA FOR 300 TO 400 YEARS NOW AND THERE STIILL LIVING THERE AND WHERE NOT.

Waryaa
Member # 7735

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Waryaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bandon19:
i think wherer do way better off in america then the average pure blooded sudan or east africa these people are pore living in MUD HUTS.

At least they built their own "mud huts," and weren't brainwashed as though clinically brain dead. You and your ancestors have had lived America for almost 500 years, and what did/do you achieve so far? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Still struggling at your own set and limited ghetto-chained sectors, and blaming unknown OTHERS. Surely, tell your brain-dead brethrens that life isn't all about 'bling bling' and calling your own sisters 'hoes,' etc. It also isn't about sports.

That is a little stereotype, cloaked as facts, which may or may not be true.

Posts: 73 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
Waryaa WE WHERE ON SLAVES FOR FIFE HUNDRED YEARS BUT WE DID BUILD SOMETHING INCULDING PARTS OF THE WHITE HOUSE AND GO LOOK THAT UP IF U DONT BEILIEVE ME. we warent doing nothing for five hudred years not just sitting aroung. But also i dont blame the white man for anything u get sterotype ur self i never blame the white man for anything the black people who are i prison did it to them selves not the white man

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

In my opinion, I think Northern and southern Sudan should be broken off. Southern Sudan should be given to Nilotic African countries like Uganda or Kenya. Northern Sudan should become an extension of Egypt. In this way both parties are satisfied with their destiny...

It would be a mistake to think that the Northern Sudan elites will want to be under the authority of Egyptian elites, any more than they do their southern regions. Northern Sudan elites want to control the entire Sudanese region in their own vision, and it is not like they want to get rid of the Southern regions; otherwise, it would have been done already!

quote:

...Modern Egyptians often forget that many of their ancestors came from humble beginnings,and think they are superior because many live more modern know than Africans in the interior.

This has more to do with the impact of colonial subjugation than 'modernity'. I mean, when you say 'more modern', in what terms are you making this statement?

Take a look at the likes of Ethiopia, or Somalia. Many of these countries are doing far worse than their western African counterparts, and so, if it boils down to ecomonic development, they are comparatively at the bottom. Nevertheless, from what I've noticed in these east African countries, they look down upon their darker skin tone citizens, and feel the need to constantly assert that they are distinct from other Africans. Think about it!

BTW, the correction of Eurocentric distortion of African history, including the Nile Valley, has nothing to do with Americans. It is the right thing to do, for Africans!

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 02 June 2005).]

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Northern Sudanese don't see themselves as African people,nor would they want to see southern Sudanese as equal to them. Disjointing the Northern Sudanese nation would stop the flow of Arabs into other parts of Africa. Southern Sudanese don't exactly see Northern Sudanese are their kin.

In a few years, a large war will begin over the Nile between Egypt and other Nilotic states.

Northern Sudanese have much more in common with Egyptians than they do with Southern Sudanese. This is why I suggested this. Modern Northern Africa is too far gone for Pan-Africanism.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Northern Sudanese don't see themselves as African people,nor would they want to see southern Sudanese as equal to them. Disjointing the Northern Sudanese nation would stop the flow of Arabs into other parts of Africa. Southern Sudanese don't exactly see Northern Sudanese are their kin.

I am aware that these north Sudanese 'Arabs' don't see their southern citizens as equals. I made a reference to this, in my earlier comment.

Separation 'might' be the solution, but you haven't really addressed my point. My point was that, this separation you are speaking of, is apparently not in the interest of Sudanese elites.

quote:
In a few years, a large war will begin over the Nile between Egypt and other Nilotic states.

Let's hope for the better.

quote:

Northern Sudanese have much more in common with Egyptians than they do with Southern Sudanese. This is why I suggested this. Modern Northern Africa is too far gone for Pan-Africanism.

Nobody is speaking of Pan-Africanism here. On the other hand, I am looking at the reality of the situation. Do you honestly think that the northern Sudanese elites, will want to be under Egyptian authority?

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the elites in Sudan see themselves as Arabs and they definately want to join the rest of the Arab world. Many would not see anything wrong with joining Sudan and Egypt together. There is a border dispute between Sudan and Egypt,and what better way to solve this then join in a union together.

Ghadafi,Bashir,and Mubarak all have meet and dicussed joining Sudan and Egypt together. I see these plans in the near future.

The situlation with the Nile is getting worse by the day. The next hotspot that former UN ambassador,Butros-Butros-Ghali predicted, would be over the Nile. Everyday it appears that what Ghali said was true.

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Well, the elites in Sudan see themselves as Arabs and they definately want to join the rest of the Arab world. Many would not see anything wrong with joining Sudan and Egypt together. There is a border dispute between Sudan and Egypt,and what better way to solve this then join in a union together.

You are talking about what 'would' be best, and I am referring to the reality on the ground.

When that day arrives, keep me posted, i.e., if we are still here to witness it!

quote:
Ghadafi,Bashir,and Mubarak all have meet and dicussed joining Sudan and Egypt together. I see these plans in the near future.

Ghadafi and the leaders of these nations met in the ol' days about Pan-Arabism, and he also met with these leaders and other African leaders about the African Union. Some of us already know the results, I hope.

quote:
The situlation with the Nile is getting worse by the day. The next hotspot that former UN ambassador,Butros-Butros-Ghali predicted, would be over the Nile. Everyday it appears that what Ghali said was true.

I agree that there are problems here. It has both to do with the brainwashing impact of colonialism and deteriorating socio-economic situations.

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 02 June 2005).]

relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ausar,
I agree with you that if everything goes as scheduled, the Southern part of Sudan will vote for independence in 6 years, during the referendum for independence mentioned in the peace accord, however, can you please elaborate when you say that there will be a lot of conflicts in the Nile region.
Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member

During the period under Ottoman-British occupation of Egypt the Khedive[Turkish leader] signed a treaty that gave Egypt unfair acess to the Nile river. Because of their treaty the source of the Nile basically belongs to Egypt. However, Egypt has been a little unfair often witholding sources of the Nile from the Ethiopians and other Africans.

Basically, a see a war developing between Ethiopia and Egypt sooner than later.

Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waryaa:
At least they built their own "mud huts," and weren't brainwashed as though clinically brain dead. You and your ancestors have had lived America for almost 500 years, and what did/do you achieve so far? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Still struggling at your own set and limited ghetto-chained sectors, and blaming unknown OTHERS. Surely, tell your brain-dead brethrens that life isn't all about 'bling bling' and calling your own sisters 'hoes,' etc. It also isn't about sports.

You know what smart ass? I am so sick and tired of Africans like your own arrogant self saying us Black Americans of African descent have been here in American for hundreds of years and have not done or accomplished anything. You are just as ignorant and stupid as some Black Americans who believe that Africans, most if not all are starving and living in war torn areas and are backwards.

Warrya, I don't have to prove anything to you because you are a nobody. Not to mention that you have no knowledge whatsoever concerning our history here in the Americas.

For your info not only do we have an over abundance of achievements here in America, we basically built the foundation!

We not only built the white house, but mostly all those old mansions down South, Nearly all of the railroads and it was a Black person who surveyed and was the architect for the building of washington DC and not just the "white house." This country was made rich and powerfull because of the slave labor of our people, a very noble feat.

Not only are these our accomplishments and more but we also invented things that are used everyday. Things that people enjoy around the world and would not want to live without. The stop light signals, the elevator, the cell phone, part of the phone itself, the refrigerator, lawn mower, mop, pencil sharpener, the cotton gin, mobile refrigeration and so many other iventions that u Africans that think you are so better than us, use everyday.

We built our own towns, coming right out of slavery. But guess what? White folks burned them to the ground, had railroads built through them, built freeways through them, totally destroying our self-dependence.

We lost everything during slavery, our language, culture, religions, customes, self-esteem, respect, our very spirits were damaged, etc.
Yes we do suffer from the worst type of brianwashing the world has ever known. I don't believe alot of other folks would even still be in exitence had they gone through the type of degredation we have and continue to experience here in America. We survived the worst holocaust the world has ever known and the holocaust still continues. We are were we are due to circumstances other than us just not doing anything for ourselves. You have no idea of what you are talking about.

Yes, we are an oppressed people and are in trouble I know. I'll tell you what; you worry about your own situation and leave ours to us.

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Inventors
Product
Inventor
Date

Air Conditioning Unit
Frederick M. Jones
July 12, 1949

Almanac
Benjamin Banneker
Approx. 1981

Auto Cut-off Switch
Granville T. Woods
January 1, 1839

Auto Fishing Devise
G. Cook
May 30, 1899

Automatic Gear Shift
Richard Spikes
February 28, 1932

Baby Buggy
W. H. Richardson
June 18, 1899

Bicycle Frame
L. R. Johnson
October 10, 1899

Biscuit Cutter
A. P. Ashbourne
November 30, 1875

Blood Plasma Bag
Charles Drew
Approx. 1945

Cellular Phone
Henry T. Thompson
July 6, 1971

Chamber Commode
T. Elkins
January 3, 1897

Clothes Dryer
G. T. Sampson
June 6, 1862

Curtain Rod
S. R. Scatton
November 30, 1889

Curtain Rod Support
William S. Grant
August 4, 1896

Door Knob
O. Dorsey
December 10, 1878

Door Stop
O. Dorsey
December 10, 1878

Dust Pan
Lawrence P. Ray
August 3, 1897

Egg Beater
Willie Johnson
February 5, 1884

Electic Lampbulb
Lewis Latimer
March 21, 1882

Elevator
Alexander Miles
October 11, 1867

Eye Protector
P. Johnson
November 2, 1880

Fire Escape Ladder
J.W. Winters
May 7, 1878

Fire Extinguisher
T. Marshall
October 26, 1872

Folding Bed
L.C. Bailey
July 18, 1899

Folding Chair
Brody & Surgwar
June 11, 1889

Fountain Pen
W.B. Purvis
January 7, 1890

Furniture Caster
O.A. Fisher

Gas Mask
Garrett Morgan
October 13, 1914

Golf Tee
T. Grant
December 12, 1899

Guitar
Robert F. Fleming, Jr.
March 3, 1886

Hair Brush
Lydia O. Newman
November 15, 18--

Hand Stamp
Walter B. Purvis
February 27, 1883

Horse Shoe
J. Ricks
March 30, 1885

Ice Cream Scooper
A.L. Cralle
February 2, 1897

Improved Sugar Making
Norbet Rillieux
December 10, 1846

Insect-Destroyer Gun
A.C. Richard
February 28, 1899

Ironing Board
Sarah Boone
December 30, 1887

Key Chain
F.J. Loudin
January 9, 1894

Lantern
Michel C. Harvey
August 19, 1884

Lawn Mower
L.A. Burr
May 19, 1889

Lawn Sprinkler
J.W. Smith
May 4, 1897

Lemon Squeezer
J. Thomas White
December 8, 1893

Lock
W.A. Martin
July 23, 18--

Lubricating Cup
Ellijah McCoy
November 15, 1895

Lunch Pail
James Robinson

Mail Box
Paul L. Downing
October 27, 1891

Mop
Thomas W. Stewart
June 11, 1893

Motor
Frederick M. Jones
June 27, 1939

Peanut Butter
George Washington Carver

Pencil Sharpener
J.L. Love
November 23, 1897

Record Player Arm
Joseph Hunger Dickenson
January 8, 1819

Refrigerator
J. Standard
June 14, 1891

Riding Saddles
W.D. Davis
October 6, 1895

Rolling Pin
John W. Reed

Shampoo Headrest
C.O. Bailiff
October 11, 1898

Spark Plug
Edmond Berger
February 2, 1839

Stethoscope, Imhotep Anchient Egypt Stove
T.A. Carrington
July 25, 1876

Straightening Comb
Madam C.J. Walker

Street Sweeper
Charles B. Brooks
March 17, 1890

Phone Transmitter
Granville T. Woods
December 2, 1884

Thermostat Control
Frederick M. Jones
February 23, 1960

Traffic Light
Garret Morgan
November 20, 1923

Tricycle
M.A. Cherry
May 6, 1886

Typewriter
Burridge & Marshman
April 7, 1885

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atheist
Member # 7741

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atheist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all know racial classifications were done in recent times. We all started out as Africans and only after unfathomable amount of years of progression and outside influences really resulted in different type of races. As of today we are clearly distinguishable, yes even the mulattos are mostly distinguishable. (if not you are not a mulatto) We live in a society where it can no longer be ignored and a lot of time people are judged by their skin color.

I don’t believe in the one drop rule. Micro-drop of blood doesn’t make you impure. It has to be significant enough to be universally recognized by others. I still can’t figure out why this is still being discussed and questioned especially when talking about black people. I used to live in the southern part of the states and I know for sure a lot of those white people didn’t look like that when they first came over from Europe. However nobody question their purity. People somehow have this misconception of how every white men raped black women in the slavery days and therefore today’s black people are somehow impure.

This is in no way to degrade black women because they are beautiful in my eyes. But if you look at today you rarely see white male/black female couples while black male/white female couples are very common. This shows me that white males are less attractive to black females while quite the opposite white females and black males. We know back in the days it was forbidden for a black male to have relationship with the white counterparts. This leads me to believe that the interrelationships with the opposing race were greatly exaggerated. Also keep in mind that back in the slavery day blacks played a higher role of the US population percentage wise. Today they are cut in half and this can be the result of many of the blacks mixing in with the white population. Just because you are mixed doesn’t mean you have to somehow look darker. It’s common to see a white looking child from a black and white parent it all depends on what type of genes he get the most.

And I can care less about those so called “experts” who make assumptions like how pure or impure they are when you see they can’t even agree with the percentage of people that are mixed. Some say 70% some say 60% some say 80%. I'm a science guy and it’s clear to me that it's nothing but a mere assumption. Let’s not be hypocritical here. If you really want to talk about who is pure or not the same thing can be said to white Americans. In fact you can just categorize the entire white race as impure and put out-of-Africa stamps in their forehead.

Most black Americans are clearly distinguishable and many of them look similar to the pure Africans of today. Just because some blacks are light brown and some of them look different from the stereotypical Africans don’t mean they are somehow mixed or impure. This only shows ignorance and stupidity. People just have to accept the diverse looks of black people the same way we do with the Europeans or white Americans. It shows clearly scientifically that even a diet can alter ones look that alone should prove everything. Bottom line is by today's definition of racial classification most of them are pure.

Posts: 270 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another problem also is that some people just can't except the fact that even black Africans who are pure without a drop of foreign blood do not look the same and have the same features!!! There is variation and pure Africans come in many shades and features. It is the same with asians and others, not just white people!!

Why can't these idiots like Cobra, AMR1, Fareed, and Salama get it through their heads? Are they too stupid or something?!

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waryaa:

Actually Waryaa, what you just posted is a stereotype!! Not all black Americans are like that! Yes there are problems in the black community here in America but you shouldn't let that overshadow the good. I have plenty of black friends and they are not 'thugs' or 'ganstas' or what not, and they are not as ignorant as you think.

In fact if you look at the history of blacks here in America, they have achieved a lot especially if you consider all the opression and adversity they faced, or still do!

Many of the Somali immigrants here in the US probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for black Americans, and even if they were they certainly would not enjoy the freedoms, rights, and privileges that they have now! Many blacks who come to the US not just Somalis but even some West Africans look down on black Americans because of the stereotypes, but if they knew the truth they would be kissing their feet!!

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 02 June 2005).]

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Serpent, I don't want to jump in the middle of a battle between African-Americans and other Africans;however I think some of the inventions that you credit African Americans with are simply patients. Certainly they are creative in their own way,but many are not original inventions.

I realize in America there is a system of hierarchy based upon past accomplishments of races comparied with other races. To be honest with you most white Americans don't have the glamourous history that many claim to have. Most white Americans come from Celtic and Germanic barbarians who were a tribal people and didn't accomplish much in antiquity.

People seem to have a twisted perception that you must accomplish something in the future based off what your ancestors did. Look at the Northern and Western Europeans because most of their ancestors were barbarians despised and looked down upon by the Mediterranean whites. Yet they have built a very sucessful civlization since the Industrial Revolution. Nobody can deny this.

Most foreigners that come over to America are quite unaware of the achievements that African Americans accomplished. Even during slavery I can show you people that invented many things but never quite got credit for them,and they even passed a law forbiding African slaves in America from recieveing patients.

Many enslaved Africans brought here to the Americas also brought with them metalurgy skills and also agritcultural skills.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Djehuti, that actually goes both ways. Many African immigrants in urban centres like Harlem,NYC repeatedly had African Americans calling them apes and other racist epithets. Many African Americans don't necessarily want to associate themselves with African immigrants either. Why should many since they have distinct cultures from each other.

The only people with an African culture in the United States are the Gullah people that live in South Carolina.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Djehuti, that actually goes both ways. Many African immigrants in urban centres like Harlem,NYC repeatedly had African Americans calling them apes and other racist epithets.

How ridiculous, yet how shameful!!

I guess this proves how some black Americans are still brainwashed and have the "slave mentality"! For them to be treating their so-called African breathren like that, they think and act exactly how whites treat them!

Fortunately I haven't seen such conflict around where I live, at least I haven't witnessed any.

Atheist
Member # 7741

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atheist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wary, You need to do more research related to African Americans. Despite being oppressed the majority of the years they made a lot of contribution to this country. Serpent Wizdom already listed couple of accomplishments they have done but most of all guys like Martin Luther King Jr and Malcom 'X's are some of the most influential political leaders of all time. They didn’t only help their people but also other minorities in this country.

Also they made an empire in entertainment and sports industry. There is a reason why most of the black entertainers and athletes hog the bottom top 1000 of fortune richest people’s list. Oprah regardless of race is one of if not the richest woman in this planet. And it’s not just in sports or entertainment. Robert Johnson who is the founder of BET is the first black NBA owner and is also one of the very few billionaires in the world. We now have a first black female owner who owns a WNBA team. We are also expected to have first black NFL owner (Vikings).

Despite what you think black people in America have made great strides in the last couple of years and I don’t see it stopping. They are no longer oppressed though still a lot of racism we now live in a free country. (again thx to people like Martin Luther King) Someday it’ll come to a point where it can no longer be ignored. They are building their own empire within the country.

Posts: 270 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah African Americans have contributed a lot in sports and entertainment, but the problem is they also contributed a lot to other art forms and even the more intellectual stuff like science and technology yet they aren't recognized for this!

I never knew how much African Americans were involved in science until I did more research. And I'm not just talking about the "peanut man", George Washington Carver, I'm talking about a bunch other scientists and innovators.

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 02 June 2005).]

Atheist
Member # 7741

Member Rated:
And to other Africans. I don't know where you get the notion that somehow African Americans call you guys apes. I'll tell you that those guys are in the minorities. I have never lived in harlem so I would have no idea how those people think. But again living in the southern part of the country for a very long time I have met a lot of black people. (remember most of the black people are in the south not north) You would be surprised how mild they are especially the older people. Most of the black crimes happen in big cities. We also have had a lot of black immigrants in my school especially a lot of Nigerians and Jamaicans, they get along right away with the black Americans. They associate with them right away.

Unlike Latinos black Americans have strong pride in their blackness and heritage. I'll guarantee you that you won't find one of them denying their African heritage. Even the so called "uncle toms" won't deny it. This country has a deep history of strong black community. And especially the knowledgeable ones wouldn't call their own people ape. Black people in Harlem have been racially discriminated (especially by corrupted white cops) for such a long time they don't believe in anyone. Black on black crimes are very common so it's not just Africans but black Americans as well. But again population wise they are in the minorities. It’s really the media that blows it out of proportion and end up stereotyping them. I lived in the south for a very long time I have never seen a violent black man my entire. That's only on TV.

You guys can describe yourself as something else but at the end you guys are of the same people. You see white people relating to Greek civilization without being related to Greeks. Racially you guys are all black. It’s really the media and the government that divides people. A lot of my Asian friends are surprised when they come over here. They think black people are somehow all violent. Wrong bullshit stereotype.

Djehuti, I agree I need to do more research but I do know that they have made strides in those departments as well. Good point. It’s just that in our school system here in US they neglect all those. Neglecting is as worse as distorting!

P.S As an asian and being non-black I'll tell you this it's so much easier getting along with Africans than African Americans. African Americans seem to be more tentative in terms of relationship with non-blacks. But once you get to know them they are really fun loving people. I have had couple of Nigerian friends and we became friends right away.

[This message has been edited by Atheist (edited 02 June 2005).]

truelight
Member # 7607

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for truelight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
for AMR1 saying that he is not black im african american and we are all blacks conaleazza rice colin powell and my mother who is light and my gradmother who is light. What AMR1 is forgetting that every black person is brown and people in america do go by shades like light black dark black but for what he said for those african americans who are PURE african no african american is pure african everbody has a pinch of something in them in the united states. Its realy weard how he call us pure africans and his people are from africa and where not. But i do agree with him us african americans need to keep are on history and stop taking there cause black is a skin color not an ethic even that they are all africans they have difrrent culuters a nigeran and angolan and a south africans are difrrent people with diffrent culutres. But as for AMR1 to stop taking to culutre i think wherer do way better off in america then the average pure blooded sudan or east africa these people are pore living in MUD HUTS.

Why is east African the main target?....did you saw the other African countries… why bring up east African you got issues man you made mud hut capitalizes. To get the readers attention well done you got my attention....you say you build America you made American what it is today...why is the black Americans are at the bottom of America today. The Mexicans are doing better then you people. if you did this great staff what happened today. I see most African Americans as thugs, rappers (bad influence to young minds) robbers, homeless, and should I say ill mannered, single mothers, drug dealers or users, STD carries, illiterates. You people lived in America for hundreds of years and your English is more broken then the African people that just came to America other then the accent.
You people don’t know where you going or where you are coming from. You add east Africans in to your lil topic. Somalis today have education better then before. Many are in universities planning something for their country. The same time trying to support their families in Somalia.
Lost of culture is well know for the African Americans …..The attitude you African American got towards the east Africans is a hate crime man. You see an east African and you get this look on your face…you people ask the stupidest questions a human being could think of. You guys don’t see what the east Africans have been through. you only see how east African is today …so I don’t care what you did 500 years ago, what I see today is not the things you use to do back then. The only reason why you built those railroads or house is the white man made you do it. It wasn’t like you had any option to do it or not. East Africa mud or not at least we know where we came from and our roots. Thanks Allah for that. One day u will see Somalia raise Somalia is building it self now as we speak. You people hate on ever race on this world and when someone says something about African Americans the first word that comes out of your mouth is “RACIST” that is bullshit.stop blaming others…you people are still mentally slaved

also leave the east african alone...shot

Posts: 86 | From: somalia....xamer | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What you have to realize is that every person across the globe as their own color classification system.

Thought Writes:

Which is why modern science relies on genetics NOT looks to determine lineage.

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well,thought, you are speaking to laymen on this forum. Nobody on this forum are geneticist. This is why you have to break down scietntific literature down to the common person so they will understand it better and ajust their thinking. Besides this you can post all the scientific data but at the end of the day people are going to cling to sociological notions of race and classification. This is just the reality of the matter.

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well,thought, you are speaking to laymen on this forum.

Thought Writes:

The duty of the Civilized Man is to teach Civilization.

quote:

Besides this you can post all the scientific data but at the end of the day people are going to cling to sociological notions of race and classification. This is just the reality of the matter.

Thought Writes:

I am an optimist and believe that the light of knowledge (Heru) will rise.

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandon19
Member # 7773

Rate Member
truelight sorry im not racist if u saw what amr1 wrote i was replying to him he makes it sound like we want his history. But as i see it we dont i dont think african americans are doing real well but i dont think east africans and west africans and south africans or what ever are doing to much better then us. Thats all im saying i have no problem with any african country or people but dont make it sound like i want u history.

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atheist:
And to other Africans. I don't know where you get the notion that somehow African Americans call you guys apes. I'll tell you that those guys are in the minorities. I have never lived in harlem so I would have no idea how those people think. But again living in the southern part of the country for a very long time I have met a lot of black people. (remember most of the black people are in the south not north) You would be surprised how mild they are especially the older people. Most of the black crimes happen in big cities. We also have had a lot of black immigrants in my school especially a lot of Nigerians and Jamaicans, they get along right away with the black Americans. They associate with them right away.

Unlike Latinos black Americans have strong pride in their blackness and heritage. I'll guarantee you that you won't find one of them denying their African heritage. Even the so called "uncle toms" won't deny it. This country has a deep history of strong black community. And especially the knowledgeable ones wouldn't call their own people ape. Black people in Harlem have been racially discriminated (especially by corrupted white cops) for such a long time they don't believe in anyone. Black on black crimes are very common so it's not just Africans but black Americans as well. But again population wise they are in the minorities. It’s really the media that blows it out of proportion and end up stereotyping them. I lived in the south for a very long time I have never seen a violent black man my entire. That's only on TV.

You guys can describe yourself as something else but at the end you guys are of the same people. You see white people relating to Greek civilization without being related to Greeks. Racially you guys are all black. It’s really the media and the government that divides people. A lot of my Asian friends are surprised when they come over here. They think black people are somehow all violent. Wrong bullshit stereotype.

Djehuti, I agree I need to do more research but I do know that they have made strides in those departments as well. Good point. It’s just that in our school system here in US they neglect all those. Neglecting is as worse as distorting!

P.S As an asian and being non-black I'll tell you this it's so much easier getting along with Africans than African Americans. African Americans seem to be more tentative in terms of relationship with non-blacks. But once you get to know them they are really fun loving people. I have had couple of Nigerian friends and we became friends right away.

[This message has been edited by Atheist (edited 02 June 2005).]

Actually your quite wrong especially in the South. There use to ba caste system in the South where the lighter skinned blacks look down on the dark ones. This no longer exists amongst today's generation but the previous generation certainly had this concept. They strongly denied their blackness if they were light skinned, at least as much as they could get away with, and they certainly were not proud of being African. The caste system even went to the point of trying to prevent intermarriage between light skinned blacks and dark.

Of ocurse I am generalizing but the tone of the caste system I described above did exist and was very common.

Afrocentrism changed alot of this.

Thank you WEB DuBois.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

bandon19 this has been talk about before,and everybody in that region is not living in mud huts.you should know better that that.

here are some othe corrections to your comments.

quote:
Originally posted by kenndo:
you are right on point about this your views on this subject is close to mines.take alook at this site before you read mines below.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum8/HTML/001583.html

Most black americans do not look like mixed race folks,they still look clearly black.if you break it down most african americans still look clearly black and only 80% have some form of mixture and the the rest unmixed.if you add the other black american groups than that number is around 65% have only some form of mixture,and the rest are unmixed.

most blacks in america on average do not look that much different from blacks in africa and alot look about the same or the same,of course depending on the group,and down to the person level.

there were blacks from different ethnic groups who intermarried here and still could be unmixed and look a little different but not much and others still looking like certain unmixed black groups in africa or the west indies or other places.

there are blacks and certain black groups in africa that look more like the average black american than certain other blacks and some of those black groups could be unmixed or other groups on average could have some form of mixture.there are black groups in africa that look more like african american and others to a lesser degree and still are in the same ethnic group and could be unmixed or unmixed on average.even certain black groups that look less like black americans you could find those in that same group who could look much like the average black american. The average black american by the way is clearly negriod and most are dark skin,kinky hair and thick lips. many medium tone and alot of light skin blacks in amercia still have those negriod looks,even if alot have some form of mixture.there are light skin and medium brown skin BLACKS who are unmixed in america,africa and in others places AS WELL.

there are whites too on average in europe and other places that look closer to whites in america than whites right next to them but many factors come into it as well,just like other races.
climate and marriage to other black groups that are unmixed plays a part in it too.

recent white americans in terms of some form of mixture could be higher than 40% but that might be unknown.i know this that most blacks on the planet are still unmixed and whites are not really pure pure because they come from blacks that change over time in europe.

take a look at my two new topics.

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 30 May 2005).]

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some of folks in the sudan today have some form of mixture but not many,most are still unmixed blacks.
many to me means most.

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOME FACTS

The claim is made above that African Americans have been in the U.S. for 500 years.

That's an error. The first blacks were brought to America in 1619. So that makes it 386 years. By contrast the Portugese colonised Angola and Mozambique for at least 500 years.

But note that most blacks came to the the U.S. approximately between 1730 and 1780. Check the historical documentation.

By 1850 approximately 15% of blacks were free persons. And before that the nation of Liberia began attracting free blacks from the 1820s onwards. The new nation acquired independence in 1847. But the blacks who s etlled Liberia came to that new land with the same values and cultural(and racial) beliefs of their erstwhile white oppressors in the U.S.

ON THE RACIAL MAKEUP OF AFRICAN AMERICANS

Mark Shriver and Rick Kittles both molecular geneticicts came to the following conclusions based on their research. In fact Rick Kittles is director of the Genome Project at Howard University in the U.S.

The total African genetic load in African Americans is 82%. So blacks in the U.S. carry 17%-18% non-African genes(European and Native American)

This 17%-18% is spead over some 30%-35% of the African American population.

According to Kittles Y Chromosome evidence shows that 70% of African Americans have no European male ancestry.

Kittles also shows that 95% of African Americans have no mtDNA(female) European ancestry.

So even assuming for no overlap of
the 70% number(Y signature) and the 95% number(mtDNA)--which woould be very unlikely it follows that 65%-70% of African Americans have no European ancestry. Du Bois himself put the percentage at 72% while Engerman the cliometrician in his book Time on the Cross put the number at much higer 93%.

This may seem surprising to some people but the facts are there. The reason is obvious: blacks multiplied mainly among themselves given that male and female captives were brought from Africa in relatively equal numbers.

But the numbers should not be surprising given that African Americans outside the 10% or so of North African phenotype strongly resemble Africans from West Africa down to Angola.

In fact groups that have lived among host populations for as many as 2,000 years have managed to maintain endogmay--such as the Gypsies and some of the Jewish Askenazi lineages in Europe.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by truelight:
Why is east African the main target?....did you saw the other African countries… why bring up east African you got issues man you made mud hut capitalizes. To get the readers attention well done you got my attention....you say you build America you made American what it is today...why is the black Americans are at the bottom of America today. The Mexicans are doing better then you people. if you did this great staff what happened today. I see most African Americans as thugs, rappers (bad influence to young minds) robbers, homeless, and should I say ill mannered, single mothers, drug dealers or users, STD carries, illiterates. You people lived in America for hundreds of years and your English is more broken then the African people that just came to America other then the accent.
You people don’t know where you going or where you are coming from. You add east Africans in to your lil topic. Somalis today have education better then before. Many are in universities planning something for their country. The same time trying to support their families in Somalia.
Lost of culture is well know for the African Americans …..The attitude you African American got towards the east Africans is a hate crime man. You see an east African and you get this look on your face…you people ask the stupidest questions a human being could think of. You guys don’t see what the east Africans have been through. you only see how east African is today …so I don’t care what you did 500 years ago, what I see today is not the things you use to do back then. The only reason why you built those railroads or house is the white man made you do it. It wasn’t like you had any option to do it or not. East Africa mud or not at least we know where we came from and our roots. Thanks Allah for that. One day u will see Somalia raise Somalia is building it self now as we speak. You people hate on ever race on this world and when someone says something about African Americans the first word that comes out of your mouth is “RACIST” that is bullshit.stop blaming others…you people are still mentally slaved

Fool you watch too much tv. You believe everything the white media tells and shows you, as you should. I hope and pray most Somali people are not as retarded as you. Please Goddess do not let this be the case.

Personally, as for yourself, I hope you stay stupid and crazy concerning your belief about Black Americans; the richest group of Black folks on the face of this earth.

Why yes, of course we are all; drugusers, disease carriers (Aids came from Africa and the majority of the worlds infected or among the Black inhabitants, remeber the news telling you that? All illiterate, speak a broken language worse than Africans over here, all on welfare, we haven't accomplished anything in 500 years (Ha! Ha! Ha! lol!!!)etc. etc.

Wow!! There is now a group of people in the world that Somalians like yourself can feel proud to know you are better than!!!!!!!! Even the ones living in war torn areas, starving to death and living in mud huts.....

Don't worry about it boo-boo, it's all good, plus ignorance is bliss, be happy!!!!!

Atheist
Member # 7741

Member Rated:
This is my point if most of them are unmixed I don't know why people make a big deal about it. White people are probably the most impure out of the three races (white, black, and Asian) in the truest sense both scientifically and historically. They were the last to start a civilization and when talking about origin of human it's always between Africa and Asia; of course obviously majority of people are on the out-of-Africa camp as I do. Anyway my point is we rarely question their impurity (white) when in fact they are the most impure race out of them all.

I don’t really believe in the numbers of how many blacks or whites are mixed in America. The reason why genetics show different “results” is that they take small sample sizes from millions of people in this country. This usually ends up with inaccurate results. Usually in these researches they find people who self-identify them as blacks. This is including people like Halle Berry and Collin Powell in which everyone knows are mixed. We all know they are not the majority but couple of hundreds of those in small sample sized experiment can greatly altered the results. The definition of whether a race is mixed or not is bogus as well.

We all know most white people have micro amount of nonwhite admixtures in them as well as the blacks in America. But are they really mixed enough to be considered mixed or be impure? I don’t think so. My assertion is that most of them are pure in terms of what race is defined as of today. All I need to do is look around the street and notice the clear differences between a black man, a white man, an Asian man. If they were mixed they would look like a mulatto like Mexicans or Puerto Ricans. Lamin, I’m not surprised by the fact that one of the results show that 70% or more have no European Ancestry. Most African Americans clearly have distinctive looks compared to that of European Americans or any other race in this country. The number should be higher if you take out those clear cut Halle Berry like African Americans.

Osirion, I was mainly talking about the people of today. I think know what you are talking about; they were referred as "uncle tom".

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:

That's an error. The first blacks were brought to America in 1619. So that makes it 386 years. By contrast the Portugese colonised Angola and Mozambique for at least 500 years.

When did the Portuguese colonization of Angola begin?

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 03 June 2005).]

Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lamin:
[B]SOME FACTS

The claim is made above that African Americans have been in the U.S. for 500 years.

1526: FIRST NORTH AMERICAN SLAVE REVOLT

Nearly 40 years before the first permanent European settlement in North America, Spanish explorers bring enslaved Africans to what are now the Carolinas. The Africans escape in what is the first recorded slave revolt in North America.

1527: FIRST MUSLIM IN NORTH AMERICA

Estevan, the first identified Muslim in North America, lands in Florida as a Moroccan guide to the Spaniards. During the ensuing years of the slave trade, as many as 20% of West African slaves brought to North America are Muslim.

1619: FIRST AFRICANS IN ENGLISH COLONIES

Newly established English colonies in North America create a demand for laborers in the New World. At first, captured Africans are brought to the colonies as indentured servants. Once their term (3-7 years) is completed, indentured servants are allowed to live free, own land, and have indentured servants of their own. However, this system does not last long; indentured servitude gives way to lifetime slavery for Africans as the British colonies grow and the need for a permanent, inexpensive labor force increases.

1641: SLAVERY LEGALIZED

Massachusetts becomes the first British colony to legitimize slavery. Other states soon follow suit. Rights for free Africans are gradually restricted. By 1662, all children born to slave parents in Virginia are enslaved as well. Slavery has become a self-perpetuating system.

1701: DRIVE TO CONVERT SLAVES

The English Crown charters the Society for Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts of the Anglican Church to convert slaves and Native Americans to Christianity. The drive to convert slaves is not welcomed by all slaveholders, however. Many are unwilling to allow their slaves to receive religious instruction, fearing that they will no longer be able to claim them as property once they are baptized. In 1705, Virginia passes a law that all laborers who "were not Christians in their Native Country... shall be slaves. A Negro, mulatto and Indian slaves ... shall be held to be real estate."

1738: BLACK CATHOLIC COMMUNITY ESTABLISHED

Santa Teresa de Mose is established in Florida as a town for freed slaves who have converted to Catholicism. It becomes the first free black town in North America.

1740: GREAT AWAKENING BEGINS

The Great Awakening, a revitalization of religious expression, sweeps the British Colonies. The revival movement, unlike the earlier doctrine of the Puritans, promises the grace of God to all who experience a desire for it. Methodists and Baptists welcome African-Americans to join their ranks. Open-air preaching, and charismatic, passionate preachers attract throngs of participants.

1750s: RISE OF BLACK CONGREGATIONS

Small black congregations begin to emerge in the South. They are not necessarily affiliated with a church, but are instead informal gatherings held outdoors in "brush arbors." In the brush arbor both men and women are called by the spirit. Many of the male plantation preachers go on to found the first independent black churches - women remain itinerants.

1750: SLAVERY LEGAL IN ALL COLONIES

Georgia legalizes slavery. It is the last colony to do so.

1758: AFRICAN BAPTIST CHURCH FOUNDED

One of the first recorded black congregations is organized on the plantation of William Byrd in Mecklenburg, Virginia.

1773-1775: SILVER BLUFF BAPTISTS

Plantation slave preacher George Liele, the first black Baptist in Georgia, founds the Silver Bluff Baptist Church in Silver Bluff, South Carolina. The congregation includes free and enslaved blacks. One of Liele's original followers, Andrew Bryan, goes on to become ordained by the Baptist Church in 1788, and founds the Bryan Street African Baptist Church, which is later renamed the First African Baptist Church of Savannah.

1773: PHILLIS WHEATLEY PUBLISHES POEMS

Phillis Wheatley, a freed slave, publishes Poems on Various Subjects, Religious and Moral. Wheatley's former owners, the Wheatleys of Boston, had provided Wheatley with an excellent education, rare for blacks and women at the time, and encouraged her to pursue writing.

1775: FIRST AMERICAN ANTISLAVERY SOCIETY FORMED

Society for the Relief of Free Negroes Unlawfully Held in Bondage, which later (1784) becomes known as the Pennsylvania Society for the Abolition of Slavery, is founded in Philadelphia. Quakers, who had abolished slavery among themselves nearly 20 years earlier, found the organization and revise its constitution to include a broader membership.

1775: AMERICAN REVOLUTION BEGINS

The American Revolution, the war of independence from England, begins. Black soldiers fight for both the Loyalists - those loyal to England - and the Patriots. At least 5,000 black men serve in the Continental Army, and fight in key battles including Lexington, Concord, and Bunker Hill. British colonial governors try to incite slave rebellions and escapes by promising freedom to slaves who fight for the English Crown.

Do some more studying lamin.

Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
One more thing. The first Africans in the Americas did not arrive in the 1500's either. The first ENSLAVED Africans did. Think Moors, Olmecs, Washitaw, the Aboriginal Canadian, etc..

Africans have been here for thousands of years.

Atheist
Member # 7741

Member Rated:
“What you have to realize is that every person across the globe as their own color classification system.”

This maybe true but there is such thing as universal term of racial/color classification. There would be no such thing as such classification if it weren’t for political agenda and discrimination but that’s how it is and won’t change for a very long time. I acknowledge the fact that we all started as the same species and most anthropologists and scientists usually don’t put much emphasis on race in their research. The distinctive looks and differences of today’s races are result and outside influences and progression. Really we were all Africans that have evolved into our own unique races.

The fact is we are different and we’ll be looked and judged differently based on our different looks. We have evolved to a point where the differences can not be ignored both at social and political level. Other than Latin or Arab based countries (mostly brainwashed and non-negotiable for any type of logical discussion on race) most people in the world would acknowledge the differences. I have recently seen some claim of how people in Somali consider themselves of this own unique race. Truth of the matter is they would be considered of the same black race of the African Americans. Japanese can claim that they are of their own unique race but they are Asians. If you come over to any part of Asia, Russia, USA, and Europe people will see you as of black race not this unique race of Somalis. In fact most Jamaicans and Nigerians I met think of themselves as black.

I’m not here to judge or offend anybody but that is the cold reality. Why not stick together instead of trying to create another war within the same race? White people who are probably the most diverse most impure race of them all stick together despite having totally different hair color and facial structure as long as they are white. In order to break the true injustice of racism is stick to one another that are in the same situation. It's really the media and the propaganda that divides people within the same race. You can do what they want you to do or break the barrier once and for all.

[This message has been edited by Atheist (edited 03 June 2005).]

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

This maybe true but there is such thing as universal term of racial/color classification.

What is this "universal racial/color" classification?

Atheist
Member # 7741

Member Rated:
White, Black, Asian, and Mixed. What I mean by universal is what the majority of the people in the world would view race as.
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
SOME FACTS

But note that most blacks came to the the U.S. approximately between 1730 and 1780. Check the historical documentation.

By 1850 approximately 15% of blacks were free persons. And before that the nation of Liberia began attracting free blacks from the 1820s onwards. The new nation acquired independence in 1847. But the blacks who s etlled Liberia came to that new land with the same values and cultural(and racial) beliefs of their erstwhile white oppressors in the U.S.

ON THE RACIAL MAKEUP OF AFRICAN AMERICANS

Mark Shriver and Rick Kittles both molecular geneticicts came to the following conclusions based on their research. In fact Rick Kittles is director of the Genome Project at Howard University in the U.S.

The total African genetic load in African Americans is 82%. So blacks in the U.S. carry 17%-18% non-African genes(European and Native American)

This 17%-18% is spead over some 30%-35% of the African American population.

According to Kittles Y Chromosome evidence shows that 70% of African Americans have no European male ancestry.

Kittles also shows that 95% of African Americans have no mtDNA(female) European ancestry.

So even assuming for no overlap of
the 70% number(Y signature) and the 95% number(mtDNA)--which woould be very unlikely it follows that 65%-70% of African Americans have no European ancestry. Du Bois himself put the percentage at 72% while Engerman the cliometrician in his book Time on the Cross put the number at much higer 93%.

This may seem surprising to some people but the facts are there. The reason is obvious: blacks multiplied mainly among themselves given that male and female captives were brought from Africa in relatively equal numbers.

But the numbers should not be surprising given that African Americans outside the 10% or so of North African phenotype strongly resemble Africans from West Africa down to Angola.

In fact groups that have lived among host populations for as many as 2,000 years have managed to maintain endogmay--such as the Gypsies and some of the Jewish Askenazi lineages in Europe.

you have a great point,but i spoke to shiver awhile ago and he told me that the number of african american in terms of some mixture would be higher if you add the one with only around 10%to less than 1%,so he told me that theat 80% would have some mixture,it could be less.but in his study he had a cut off date that is why you have the 30% of some african american with some form of mixture,but if you add the ones that have less mixture than the number would be around 80%,that is what he told me on the phone to clear up his study.of course the study say that most other black americans in america from the west indies recent africans and others blacks are unmixed blacks.

but you and atheist are right most african americans are still clearly black and most do not look different racially than black africans.so if you add the overall black population in america it will be around 65%.that was what i was told,but you have some good comments by the way.

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 03 June 2005).]

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deleted

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deleted

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
“What you have to realize is that every person across the globe as their own color classification system.”

This maybe true but there is such thing as universal term of racial/color classification. There would be no such thing as such classification if it weren’t for political agenda and discrimination but that’s how it is and won’t change for a very long time. I acknowledge the fact that we all started as the same species and most anthropologists and scientists usually don’t put much emphasis on race in their research. The distinctive looks and differences of today’s races are result and outside influences and progression. Really we were all Africans that have evolved into our own unique races.

The fact is we are different and we’ll be looked and judged differently based on our different looks. We have evolved to a point where the differences can not be ignored both at social and political level. Other than Latin or Arab based countries (mostly brainwashed and non-negotiable for any type of logical discussion on race) most people in the world would acknowledge the differences. I have recently seen some claim of how people in Somali consider themselves of this own unique race. Truth of the matter is they would be considered of the same black race of the African Americans. Japanese can claim that they are of their own unique race but they are Asians. If you come over to any part of Asia, Russia, USA, and Europe people will see you as of black race not this unique race of Somalis. In fact most Jamaicans and Nigerians I met think of themselves as black.

I’m not here to judge or offend anybody but that is the cold reality. Why not stick together instead of trying to create another war within the same race? White people who are probably the most diverse most impure race of them all stick together despite having totally different hair color and facial structure as long as they are white. In order to break the true injustice of racism is stick to one another that are in the same situation. It's really the media and the propaganda that divides people within the same race. You can do what they want you to do or break the barrier once and for all.

[This message has been edited by Atheist (edited 03 June 2005).]

this is a very good post.

Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Serpent, I don't want to jump in the middle of a battle between African-Americans and other Africans;however I think some of the inventions that you credit African Americans with are simply patients. Certainly they are creative in their own way,but many are not original inventions.

I realize in America there is a system of hierarchy based upon past accomplishments of races comparied with other races. To be honest with you most white Americans don't have the glamourous history that many claim to have. Most white Americans come from Celtic and Germanic barbarians who were a tribal people and didn't accomplish much in antiquity.

People seem to have a twisted perception that you must accomplish something in the future based off what your ancestors did. Look at the Northern and Western Europeans because most of their ancestors were barbarians despised and looked down upon by the Mediterranean whites. Yet they have built a very sucessful civlization since the Industrial Revolution. Nobody can deny this.

Most foreigners that come over to America are quite unaware of the achievements that African Americans accomplished. Even during slavery I can show you people that invented many things but never quite got credit for them,and they even passed a law forbiding African slaves in America from recieveing patients.

Many enslaved Africans brought here to the Americas also brought with them metalurgy skills and also agritcultural skills.

I agree Ausar! I hate to see people trying to tear down our black american brothers and sisters. Of course there are goods and bads about their culture just as their are goods and bad about any other culture or sub-group. What African Americans have accomplished in the past 45 years is next to amazing considering the circumstances. Aparthied in America was only eradicated 45 years ago, so remember that! I am not African American but I know how non Americans especially other blacks can sometimes look down on them because we/they understand the importance of being self reliant and to appreciate what many Americans as a whole take for granted. So sometimes we see the ghetto mentality and bad attitudes and get focused on that when in fact there are so many positives that the larger population is doing. The bottom line is we should be greatful that they fought and pushed to have laws ammended that actually allow us black and other people of colour to come to this country and to have rights in America. The truth is America is becoming more and more black and Latin (who are partly african anyway) They will have the economic power and means in less than 50 years to help many african countries restore their economic as well as social dignity in this western world. So to my African, and African American (asians and whites also, but this one is geared to people of african descent) people I say we should be working together to fight against all injustices, poverty and hatred. JAH IS LOVE!

Posts: 318 | From: PA. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
White, Black, Asian, and Mixed. What I mean by universal is what the majority of the people in the world would view race as.

But how do you know that everywhere in the world, people view 'race' as a social construct, in the manner you just pointed out?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problems in East Africa right now aren't about race so much as ethnicity!! (Whether real or made-up like in Sudan)

Sudan: wannabe Arabs against other blacks

the Horn: Amhara against Tigrinya of Eritrea, while stading against Oromo, and of course the clash of the Somali clans in Somalia!

Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by truelight:

Truelight bandon19 sounds very immature and ignorant for saying some of the things he says. He does not represent the african american he is a minority of the black americans. African Americans are the second most powerful group economically and socially next to the main anglo-saxon culture followed closely by hispanics. Don't let an immature ignorant person cause you to generalize a whole group of people.

Posts: 318 | From: PA. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
The problems in East Africa right now aren't about race so much as ethnicity!! (Whether real or made-up like in Sudan)

Sudan: wannabe Arabs against other blacks

the Horn: Amhara against Tigrinya of Eritrea, while stading against Oromo, and of course the clash of the Somali clans in Somalia!

Bring them all to america and the all would more than likely be celebrating their similarities instead of magnifying their differences. They'll probably be living in the same communities!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com