EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » ot: "White" Africa (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: ot: "White" Africa
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
However

Pleistocene North African genomes link Near Eastern and sub-Saharan African human populations 2018

Marieke van de Loosdrecht1

Mitochondrial consensus sequences of the Taforalt indi-viduals belong to the U6a (n = 6) and M1b (n = 1) haplogroups (15), which are mostly confined to present-day populations in North and East Africa (7). U6 and M1 have been proposed as markers for autochthonous Maghreb ancestry, which might have been originally introduced into this region by a back-to-Africa migration from West Asia (6, 7). The occurrence of both haplogroups in the Taforalt individuals proves their pre-Holocene presence in the Maghreb. We analyzed the seven ancient Taforalt in combination with four Upper Paleolithic European mtDNA genomes (22, 23) and present-day individ-uals belonging to U6 and M1 (7) in BEAST v1.8.1 (24). Using a human mtDNA mutation rate inferred from tip calibration of ancient mtDNA genomes (23), we obtained divergence es-timates for U6 at 37,000 yBP (40,000-34,000 yBP for 95% highest posterior density, HPD) and M1 at 24,000 yBP (95% HPD, 29,000-20,000 yBP) (table S15). Our estimates are con-siderably younger than those of a study using present-day data only (45,000 ± 7000 yBP for U6 and 37,000 ± 7000 yBP for M1) (7), though similar to those of (25). Moreover, we ob-serve an asynchronous increase in the effective population size for U6 and M1 (fig. S24). This suggests that the demo-graphic histories of these North and East African haplog-roups do not coincide and might have been influenced by multiple expansions in the Late Pleistocene (25). Notably, the diversification of haplogroup U6a and M1 found for Taforalt is dated to ~24,000 yBP (fig. S23), which is close in time to

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt Haplogrep could assign a 'sequence'
consisting of but a single solitary polymorphism
at 100% certainty.

Years ago I explicitly exposed Kefi misrepresentating
Taf 8;
• not including it SSA as far as a Maurusian founder
• yet counting it to beef the non-SSA percentage
I'm not rehashing that all over again no matter
how many times someome reposts one sided info
from those old posts.

And really, if someone can't run Haplogrep or
navigate Phylotree to confirm or falsify 100%
assignment of 16223T to U4a2b then someone is
baiting and shouldn't try posting about it on
the Egyptology forum. It lowers the bar.

Even with a proper several polymorphism HVSI
sequence HVSII and RFLP can reliably overturn
a Hg assignment.

The Taforalt crania only yielded HVSI data. No?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone can't run Haplogruop or
navigate Phylotree to confirm the
assignment of Taforlat VIII 16223T to Hapolgroup L3 then someone is baiting and shouldn't try feelings based posting about it on
the Egyptology forum. It lowers the bar.

A Peer reviewed scientific article dated 2018 has reported Taforalt VII 16223T
to be U4a2b. Not mentioning this "lowers the bar"

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gallego-Llorente passed peer review.
Skoglund busted a cap in it. Sheeple.

I've reported after navigating Phylotree
a few times already as you well know. You
however have not.

If you can't contribute anything on
• 16223T the Hgs that have it (whew)
• U4a2b
___ ancient/current locations & dates
___ MRCA
• how to tell Hgs per sequences etc
• how can a single HVSI polymorphism be a Hg
Then you're trolling and you know it.
So please stop it now, thank you.

As a moderator you shouldn't bait and troll.
As a moderator you should be silent when you
don't have enough background to meaningfully
comment.

Mining and verbatim posting what you don't
understand and don't attempt to explain is
OK but I require more, like analysis in your
own words.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com