EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Hair of Queen Tiye (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Hair of Queen Tiye
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

KV35 Elder Lady believed to be Queen Tiye

What was the natural state of Queen Tiye's hair?
Look at the top statuette head. That sculpture is about 4" tall.
You can't tell what her hair is doing because as we can see from the head band she's wearing a headress or wig of somekind.
As per features and skin tone she appears to be a "black" African.

Now look at the mummy.

which do you think is true:

a) she was a black woman with straight hair

b) she wasn't a black woman

c) she was a black woman who used chemicals or combing techniques to straigten her afro when she was alive

d) she was a black woman with an afro but the chemicals used in the mummification process straightened her hair

In looking at choice d) that she had an afro and it was mummification chemicals that straightened her hair I'm looking at this mummy and trying to imagine that hair in afro form.
She seem to be balding a little in the front.
Regardless there is a lot of hair on that mummy. It seems that if she had that hair as an afro it would be huge like Angela Davis:
 -

I suppose it could have been a braided style if it was an afro.

-
 -

-but then it seems the mummy should also have braided hair and it doesn't.

And if she had this big Angela Davis size fro how could she wear the headresses?

I don't know what is going on here. Of the above choices a,b, c,d
what do you think is most likely?

-

Black granite statue of Queen Tiye, mother of Akhenaton. This statue features a standing Queen Tiye wearing a wig and a cobra-decorated crown.
 -

Posts: 43016 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clearly Caucasoid based on the mummy. Tiye's hair is a wavy auburn colour (Tutankhamen: Life and Death of a Pharaoh, Penguin Books, p. 65).

Don't start the self-hate trolling again, claiming that black women have wavy hair. They don't. They have ugly nappy hair.

Btw, Tiye was the daughter of Thuya, a Priestess of the God Amun. Thuya's mummy, which was found in 1905, has long, wavy red-blonde hair.

Examinations of Tiye's mummy proved that she bore a striking resemblance to her mother. [B. Adams, Egyptian Mummies (Aylesbury: Shire Publications, 1988), p. 39.]

These mummies are clearly Caucasoid.

Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol at this Anglo Piss Pot above.

quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
To Recap..

The African black Sutens of the Nile and their descendants in Upper Egypt and Northern Sudan..

Queen Tiye...the Black Queen of the Nile..

-

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/images/h2/h2_11.150.26.jpg

-

-  -

-
Posts: 22248 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Descendants of Queen Tiye still in Egypt??..

-

-

-

The Kemmemou purposely made a Dark Reddish Brown bust of a White Woman out of Yew Heart Wood when they could have used the Yellow instead of the Reddish Brown Heart Wood..

-

Right...

You Euroclowns are something else...

Posts: 22248 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troll Patty your picture spams we've all seen a thousand times before do not resolve the issue as to which of the following is most likey for Queen Tiye

c) she was a black woman who used chemicals or combing techniques to straigten her afro when she was alive

d) she was a black woman with an afro but the chemicals used in the mummification process straightened her hair

-also your thing about the Yew wood is pure silliness

-

^^^ any sculptor using a solid piece of this wood would have to deal with the fact that the center of it and most of it is dark brown. You couldn't get a solid chunk from the yellowish part which forms a band around the outer part so it would be impractical to use that part to make a head from just that portion, think.

Troll Patty as usual you are in a state of emotion again going off topic. The topic is Queen Tiye's hair not Yew wood.
Please step aside and somebody more calm can pick the best explanation.

thanks,
lioness

Posts: 43016 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if i had to choose; c) or d)

i believe queen tiye treated her hair via use of products (hair gel) and combing techniques for cosmetic reasons.

Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adrianne
Member # 10761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adrianne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wheres the evidence that the mummy even is queen tiye, ????
Posts: 164 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ The evidence comes from DNA analysis of the mummy along with Tut and other 18th dynasty royals.

The whole hair issue has been discussed to death many times.

-

The bust above shows Queen Tiye sporting what archaeologists call the 'round hair' style. This gives no indication whatsoever that such was Tiye's natural hair or a wig. Most likely it was wig as such was the custom of elite and especially royal Egyptians who wore wigs due to shaving their heads or extensions.

-

The mummy of Tiye above shows her own hair, but several millennia old mummified hair gives little indication of what the hair looked like when the body was alive.

And even then, such type of hair is not unusual for Africans.

-

Note that auburn hair is not uncommon for elderly Africans, and though Tiye wasn't elderly when she died, of course the hair itself aged after death.

Lyinass b.s. productions flushed. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26381 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglo_Pyramidiot:

Clearly Caucasoid based on the mummy. Tiye's hair is a wavy auburn colour (Tutankhamen: Life and Death of a Pharaoh, Penguin Books, p. 65).

Clearly you are delusional.

X-ray Atlas of the Royal Mummies (Chicago: University of Chicago, 1980)

-
 -

First identified as Queen Tiye
The occipital bun is reminiscent of Mesolithic Nubians (see below). Sagittal plateau, rounded forehead with moderately projecting glabella; globular cranium with high vault. Protrusion of incisors, receding chin and steep mandible. Very vertical zygomatic arches and pronounced maxillary prognathism.

quote:
Don't start the self-hate trolling again, claiming that black women have wavy hair. They don't. They have ugly nappy hair.
Sure thing, and all those girls with chocolate dark skin and wavy hair that Troll Patrol posted are not black but white girls. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Btw, Tiye was the daughter of Thuya, a Priestess of the God Amun. Thuya's mummy, which was found in 1905, has long, wavy red-blonde hair.

Examinations of Tiye's mummy proved that she bore a striking resemblance to her mother. [B. Adams, Egyptian Mummies (Aylesbury: Shire Publications, 1988), p. 39.]

These mummies are clearly Caucasoid.

Actually it was the mummy of Yuya that had blonde hair NOT Thuya.

Thuya
 -

Mother of Queen Tiye
Rounded, prominent occipital bun; sagittal plateau; rounded forehead. Vertical zygomatic arches; proclined upper and lower incisors; strongly receding chin; steep mandible angle. Maxillary prognathism.

Yes, very caucasian indeed! LMAO [Big Grin]

Posts: 26381 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ The evidence comes from DNA analysis of the mummy along with Tut and other 18th dynasty royals.

-

The bust above shows Queen Tiye sporting what archaeologists call the 'round hair' style. This gives no indication whatsoever that such was Tiye's natural hair or a wig. Most likely it was wig as such was the custom of elite and especially royal Egyptians who wore wigs due to shaving their heads or extensions.

-

The mummy of Tiye above shows her own hair, but several millennia old mummified hair gives little indication of what the hair looked like when the body was alive.

-

I would say that hair such as the photo of the old woman above is not common in Africans. You may dig up five more pictures but I don't think that proves such hair is "common" in Africans.
For example some Europeans/Americans have red hair but it is not common on average. Who is this woman anyway? Where is she from? Below some Omani and Yemeni women for comparison. Some might be described as "afro-arab" .
Also on the Queen Tiye statuette above her lips are relatively large and the overall impression because of this is that she's pure African. However her nose gets very thin in the middle, even Mike111 noticed this and thought it meant that the head was later altered by someone much later. It seems a bit atypical for pure Africans. Why this is I don't know but there is no evidence that the nose was altered later.

The mother of Tiye, Thuya:
 - here we see that similar thinness in the dorsum of the nose.
At the same time a similar wide mouth opening and prognathism.

here is a girl from Oman
 -

Omani woman
 -

Yemeni woman
 -

It is easy to notice that some people who do have Arab and and African mixture have facial features that look similar to pure Africans and the Arabs have been trading and mixing with East and North Africans for hundreds of years. Because of the crossover of features and skin tone you can't easily tell by looking who is pure African and who might live in Africa but might be mixed Arab/African. -such as in the case of the elderly woman above
Is it possible a pure African can have straight hair? I'm not sure. I would say it is unproven at this time and I haven't seen a study on it. It seems unlikey to me because we would have heard about specific African tribes that have straight hair.
Further straight hair seems to be an adaptation to cold and I don't mean nightime in the desert becasue the Khoisans as an example don't have anything approaching straight hair

However Djehuti believes otherwise and says about the Queen Tiye mummy is choice a) below.

Ausar Amen8
Member # 20085

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ausar Amen8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Htp, Uhm on the hair thingy; I don't know much (just a first year student at varsity)but I found this, please examine it but if its on the money then I believe Lionness' question should be addressed (I shall rightly demand evidence for any proposed dismissal of this link)

http://stewartsynopsis.com/hair.htm

Posts: 49 | From: South Africa | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

-

-

-

I would say that hair such as the photo of the old woman above is not common in Africans. You may dig up five more pictures but I don't think that proves such hair is "common" in Africans.
For example some Europeans/Americans have red hair but it is not common on average. Who is this woman anyway? Where is she from? Below some Omani and Yemeni women for comparison. Some might be described as "afro-arab" .
Also on the Queen Tiye statuette above her lips are relatively large and the overall impression because of this is that she's pure African. However her nose gets very thin in the middle, even Mike111 noticed this and thought it meant that the head was later altered by someone much later. It seems a bit atypical for pure Africans. Why this is I don't know but there is no evidence that the nose was altered later.

here is a girl from Oman
 -

Omani woman
 -

Yemeni woman
 -

It is easy to notice that some people who do have Arab and and African mixture have facial features that look similar to pure Africans and the Arabs have been trading and mixing with East and North Africans for hundreds of years. Because of the crossover of features and skin tone you can't easily tell by looking who is pure African and who might live in Africa but might be mixed Arab/African. -such as in the case of the elderly woman above
Is it possible a pure African can have straight hair? I'm not sure. I would say it is unproven at this time and I haven't seen a study on it. It seems unlikey to me because we would have heard about specific African tribes that have straight hair.
Further straight hair seems to be an adaptation to cold and I don't mean nightime in the desert becasue the Khoisans as an example don't have anything approaching straight hair

However Djehuti believes otherwise and says about the Queen Tiye mummy is choice a) below.

lol the Omani population is strongly related to African populations, in particular from Sudan and the Horn. Just like Yemen, but to a lesser degree.

Sh*t , you and your idiot rantings.

Always the same dumb brain process with you.

What is it you have against African people? Please do tell?

However, anthropology has shown that ancient people from Egypt were and are closest to those from modern South Egypt/ Northern Sudan. Throughout all periods.

So, I really don't get why you keep babbling bullsh*t all the time.

For the elderly woman, the region where she is from is North Sudan. Her picture was taken by a anthropologist from Sudan.

She granted him permission to take a photo of her. So she is very well known.

And yes, in that region this type of hair, is not uncommon. Since the region is suited for this. As I have posted a few times already. Or is it because some of your coworkers didn't inform you properly? lol

Of course it uncommon to you. A person who yaps out of the ass all the time. A person who doesn't no a damn thing about these regions and populations. A person who has never left the trailer park. Sitting there on your dumbass, writing junk all the time. How uplifting and revealing.

Now, who are the women you've posted? And you may as well address why it not possible for Africans to have this particular type of hair? Why is it impossible to develop such trait in that region....

Give me a good explanation.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Troll Patty your picture spams we've all seen a thousand times before do not resolve the issue as to which of the following is most likey for Queen Tiye

-also your thing about the Yew wood is pure silliness

-

^^^ any sculptor using a solid piece of this wood would have to deal with the fact that the center of it and most of it is dark brown. You couldn't get a solid chunk from the yellowish part which forms a band around the outer part so it would be impractical to use that part to make a head from just that portion, think.

Troll Patty as usual you are in a state of emotion again going off topic. The topic is Queen Tiye's hair not Yew wood.
Please step aside and somebody more calm can pick the best explanation.

thanks,
lioness

Piece of sh*t, you aren't in the position to speak on picture spams. You are the master of picture spams. And you know it. There is not just one particular type of hair in Northeast Africa. Because multiple groups moved in to the Nile up North. From the Sahel and Sahara.

But as you can see the hair is thick and curly. So why asking me this stupid question. Imposter black woman.

As usual your rant is based on B.S. And stupidity.

So at the end of this conversation you have to walk off in shame again. Being debunked. You know, it's always the same storyboard.

-

For further info. Reread the post above. And the studies that have been posted a billion times. Hence, this is why I did not repost time but merely a few pictures. This seems the only concept you understand. Since science is too complex for a feeble mind like you.

LMAO
 -

-

-

-

-

Also, the wood comparison was in Jari's post, which I quoted.

You are basically a dumbass!

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

Troll

Didn't Jari post some info on the African originated kingdom that was in Oman?

Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:
^^

Troll

Didn't Jari post some info on the African originated kingdom that was in Oman?

I am not sure. I have to look into it. I think it was about Yemeni. But but they are geographically connected and next to each other.

Is this the thread you are referring at?

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=006775;p=1#000000

By the way, I've sent you mail.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
It's funny how Troll is afraid to stand for an explanation. nothing but a time waster

-

If this Omani girl has straight hair it means she could have acquired it from ancestry outside of Africa. Likewise with Queen Tiye, it's a possibility.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
It's funny how Troll is afraid to stand for an explanation. nothing but a time waster

-

If this Omani girl has straight hair it means she could have acquired it from ancestry outside of Africa. Likewise with Queen Tiye, it's a possibility.

I already answerd your question, but you are too slow to grasp it.

I will repeat it for you...once again feeble mind.

Anthropological research shows that people from North Sudan, Southern Egypt cluster closest with ancient Egyptians.

They are the people who have always lived in the region for tens and thousands of years, ironically it's also the place where the Tombs and major Temples are. Hieroglyphs also show the same people, identical. They are described as GROUP A, B and C. Naqada, Kerma etc...from where they arose.

But how would you know, I mean you've never left your trailer park. So therefore it's obvious.

Therefore your rant is idiotic and dumb.

And of course you did not elaborate on where the women are from and who they are. Of which you posted.

Simple minded egoist.

By the way the hair isn't straight, but thick and curly. Impostor black woman. Thus far you have never explained why all Africans should alike, identical to your archetype/ stereotype. Even thou they don't live and never have lived in the same environment.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Sudan is a large place. Sudan itself is already at least 1/4 of Europe.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Troll can post pictures for days but provide no explanation

Someone please help him out.
note "straight" includes the sub type wavy-straight as per the mummy

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

LOOOL

This is ridiculous. lol

But anyway.

How am I going to know if she used CHEMICALS? LOL
As it doesn't even matter.

What I can tell you, is that people from the South of Egypt and Northern Sudan are the closest to ancient EGYPTIANS. Fact is in scientific reachers like archeology, anthropology etc... in that same region you will find a variety of hair textures. Due to many migrations of several groups overtime, who have mixed-intermixed. Therefore you will find a wide variety of people in Northeast Africa, yet typical and very common. The basis for this is the ENVIRONMENT! Which gave shape to these traits in the first place. Dumbass.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

And yes, I can post pictures for day and days...doing away your "only a few others" claim! loooool

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

For days and days....lol

You yourself are now admitting this.

By the way. It's you who claims STRAIGHT and now WAVE.

I SAID/ WROTE CURLY AND THICK!!!!!!

Do you understand the difference, impostor black woman?

Anyway you want it, you can have it!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

From your questions it is obvious that you aren't a African American woman as you've once claimed to be. What you know is from books or the internet. And is the usual stereotype pushed by dumb white folks.

Afro texture hair can grow out thin and become thick, it can grow out thick and become thin, as it gets longer. There are many types of Afro texture hair. Some times it can be fractured straight, with out CHEMICALS. It doesn't have to be just one or the other. This is why your questions are stupid and laughable.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Troll I know you like making coffee table picture books but we aren't talking about who might get called "a black person"
or who might live in Africa. You are posting all sorts of genetically mixed people (regardless if they get called "black" or not) people with some ancestry outside of Africa and only serving to help my point that their hair if not of afro type might be due to those outside of Africa mixtures.
Thanks you are helping me make this point now.
the lioness has then doing her bidding and they don't even know it

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, Troll Patrol keep the pictures and images coming..My Tumblr Appreciates it.. [Smile]
Posts: 8812 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Damn, Troll Patrol keep the pictures and images coming..My Tumblr Appreciates it.. [Smile]

I know you enjoy them. I do as well.

-

-

-

But I am going to quite now. Maybe tomorrow.

See ya' bro'.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^ Troll don't listen he's an enabler, trying to encourage bad picture spam habits you are trying to break

here's a word for you

concise

^^please look into it

thanks. lioness

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it helps defeat the tired old nonsense that Europeans like Lyin-ass, Mathilda and Ca-****-he-rides like to spew, trying to link their Indo-European/Germanic ancestors and features to the Afrosan Nilotic Africans. Its rather pathetic.
Posts: 8812 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Troll I know you like making coffee table picture books but we aren't talking about who might get called "a black person"
or who might live in Africa. You are posting all sorts of genetically mixed people (regardless if they get called "black" or not) people with some ancestry outside of Africa and only serving to help my point that their hair if not of afro type might be due to those outside of Africa mixtures.
Thanks you are helping me make this point now.
the lioness has then doing her bidding and they don't even know it

LOL blah blah blah blah....Impostor black woman, why can't these traits be indigenous to AFRICA, give me one good reason????????lol

-

-

quote:
Morphological characteristics ...like skin color, hair form, bone traits, eyes, and lips tend to follow geographic boundaries coinciding often with climatic zones . This is not surprising since the selective forces of climate are probably the primary forces of nature that have shaped human races with regard not only to skin color and hair form but also the underlying bony structures of the nose, cheekbones, etc. (For example, more prominent noses humidify air better.) As far as we know, blood-factor frequencies are not shaped by these same climatic factors

Gill, George W. Does Race Exist? A Proponent's Perspective. University of Wyoming, 2000

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Yeah, it helps defeat the tired old nonsense that Europeans like Lyin-ass, Mathilda and Ca-****-he-rides like to spew, trying to link their Indo-European/Germanic ancestors and features to the Afrosan Nilotic Africans. Its rather pathetic.

Yup, what they do is look at the two extreme opposites.

But, between these are a lot of intermediate types and ethnic groups, closing the "gap". Which is logic.

A continent this large, and everybody has to look the same? lol

See how I don't get any feedback, on: "they all have lived in their own environment and place for thousands of years. Leading to sectorial ethnic grouping and phenotype."

-

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^^^ Troll don't listen he's an enabler, trying to encourage bad picture spam habits you are trying to break

here's a word for you

concise

^^please look into it

thanks. lioness

Fake African American woman, LOOK INTO NAQADA AND KERMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX4xaQkgaIo

Wadi Kubbaniya (ca. 17,000–15,000 B.C.)

In Egypt, the earliest evidence of humans can be recognized only from tools found scattered over an ancient surface, sometimes with hearths nearby. In Wadi Kubbaniya, a dried-up streambed cutting through the Western Desert to the floodplain northwest of Aswan in Upper Egypt, some interesting sites of the kind described above have been recorded. A cluster of Late Paleolithic camps was located in two different topographic zones: on the tops of dunes and the floor of the wadi (streambed) where it enters the valley. Although no signs of houses were found, diverse and sophisticated stone implements for hunting, fishing, and collecting and processing plants were discovered around hearths. Most tools were bladelets made from a local stone called chert that is widely used in tool fabrication. The bones of wild cattle, hartebeest, many types of fish and birds, as well as the occasional hippopotamus have been identified in the occupation layers. Charred remains of plants that the inhabitants consumed, especially tubers, have also been found.

It appears from the zoological and botanical remains at the various sites in this wadi that the two environmental zones were exploited at different times. We know that the dune sites were occupied when the Nile River flooded the wadi because large numbers of fish and migratory bird bones were found at this location. When the water receded, people then moved down onto the silt left behind on the wadi floor and the floodplain, probably following large animals that looked for water there in the dry season. Paleolithic peoples lived at Wadi Kubbaniya for about 2,000 years, exploiting the different environments as the seasons changed. Other ancient camps have been discovered along the Nile from Sudan to the Mediterranean, yielding similar tools and food remains. These sites demonstrate that the early inhabitants of the Nile valley and its nearby deserts had learned how to exploit local environments, developing economic strategies that were maintained in later cultural traditions of pharaonic Egypt.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/wadi/hd_wadi.htm

*Wadi Halfa is present North Sudan.

*Wadi Kubbaniya is present Southern Egypt.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Troll keep posting people mixed with Arabs maybe if you post enough of them the sheer quantity will transform them into pure Africans
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^
This is what it resorts to when its defeated..lmao. As if Arabs are not admixed, more so than africans. Its nothing but a troll on the Payroll of ARM1 and Sammy, E.S management.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Troll keep posting people mixed with Arabs maybe if you post enough of them the sheer quantity will transform them into pure Africans

Impostor black woman, fake African American woman. Who are "PURE" Africans? And who are those mixed with Arabs?

LOOOOL

THESE TRAITS ARE INDIGENOUS TO THE REGION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you been there ever, NO, HELL NO!!!!!!

Give me one good reason why these traits can't be indigenous to the region, why should everybody in Africa look the same despite of having lived in a completely different environment for thousands of years?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am waiting...

-

Most High, why is this person so stupid?

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^^^
This is what it resorts to when its defeated..lmao. As if Arabs are not admixed, more so than africans. Its nothing but a troll on the Payroll of ARM1 and Sammy, E.S management.

So true!!!

Remember how this person boosted up pictures...

Now, this person is completely destroyed.

It's funny how this person will claim the actual North Egyptians from the Delta as "pure". And those from the South as mixed...When historic accounts and traditions tell the opposite and this is backup by science too.

Naqada, Kerma.

-

-

-

-

-

-

The people STILL look the same and tropical! As is also backed up by science!

-

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
^^^

But the Arabs are admixed and so were the Egyptians

again, unwitting help to the lioness

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

^^^fake

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

^^^fake

Just like you!!!!
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Indo-European savage. Its a well established and wel known fact the aboriginal Arabs were black Kushites. This is something rabid racists like Perahu and Melchor7 aka Garrig , Eurocentric trolls who are smarter than you, have admitted to countless times. Did'nt you get the memo?? The Leuko-Arabs are nothing but mulatto mutts from the Steppes of Central Asia with no history except Sand Dunes and Camels.

So please let me point and laugh at you trying to envoke Arabs as if they are some pure entity or represent anything signifcant in human evolution.

Stick with your own Indo-European savage history, I mean the Greeks and Romans were decent intersting people, why do you Euroclowns salivate at Africa and Egypt, so?? I don't understand.

quote:
quote:
^^^

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
^^^

But but... where is your prove of this? LOOOL

ANCIENT EGYPTS were tropical adapted in limb portions. Lower Egypt was mostly mixed as we have stated many times, especially THE DELTA REGION!!!!!!!

Middle and Southern Egyptians Upper Egypt are still and were tropical adapted. And are morphology closets to the ANCIENT EGYPTIANS!!!

This is unbelievable. For year and years people have explained this to you and shown you actual DATA!!!

Northern ARABS ARE COLD ADAPTED, as they came from a cold environment, where they have lived for thousands of years till the very ending of the Holocene, and they are hairy too!!!!

-

Zarahan explained to you how long it takes to go from Tropical adaptation to cold adapt adaptations. Which of course needs an intermediate course, as they are still intermediate or cold adapted. Why we have to go over this again and again...with this person, is beyond me?

So, again impostor African American woman. Why couldn't Africans develop certain traits indigenously within the environment they have lived for thousands of years.....When the environment is suited for these traits.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Ubaid period (5300 BCE)-.
Umm an-Nar Culture (2600–2000 BCE)
Sabr culture (2000 BCE)
Thamud (3000 BCE to 200 BCE)

Queen Tiye (c. 1398 BC – 1338 BC)

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Sabr culture (2000 BCE)

-

I asked for prove? Where is your prove of this?

What you have shown is not prove! Idiot! All you do is GUESS WORK!!!!

There was never an Asiatic mass migration into EGYPT! They disliked Asiatics. You Dumb and Dummer.

quote:

"When the Elephantine results were added to a broader pooling of the physical characteristics drawn from a wide geographic region which includes Africa, the Mediterranean and the Near East quite strong affinities emerge between Elephantine and populations from Nubia, supporting a strong south-north cline."

Barry Kemp. (2006) Ancient Egypt: Anatomy of a Civilization. p. 54

quote:

Science. 2006 Aug 11;313(5788):803-7. Epub 2006 Jul 20.

Climate-controlled Holocene occupation in the Sahara: motor of Africa's evolution.

Kuper R, Kröpelin S.

Source

Collaborative Research Center 389 (ACACIA), University of Cologne, Institute of Prehistoric Archaeology, Africa Research Unit, Jennerstrasse 8, 50823 Köln, Germany.

Abstract

Radiocarbon data from 150 archaeological excavations in the now hyper-arid Eastern Sahara of Egypt, Sudan, Libya, and Chad reveal close links between climatic variations and prehistoric occupation during the past 12,000 years. Synoptic multiple-indicator views for major time slices demonstrate the transition from initial settlement after the sudden onset of humid conditions at 8500 B.C.E. to the exodus resulting from gradual desiccation since 5300 B.C.E.

Southward shifting of the desert margin helped trigger the emergence of pharaonic civilisation along the Nile, influenced the spread of pastoralism throughout the continent, and affects sub-Saharan Africa to the present day.

quote:

-

The male cranium above is from Wadi al-Halfa on the Sudan-Egypt border. Dating from the Mesolithic-Holocene period, it is typical of crania in Sudan and surrounding regions from that time frame. More recent Nubian crania from the Christian period have more rounded skulls without the sloping frontal bone. However, the vertical zygomatic arch, prominent glabella, sagittal plateau, and occipital bun (less pronounced) are retained. The cranium above has pronounced facial prognathism, but moderate dental protrusion. The chin is vertical with a angular mandible and very squat ramus. (Image from David Lee Greene and George Armelagos. The Wadi Halfa mesolithic population. (Amherst: University of Massachusetts, 1972)

quote:

l-Barga reveals one of the most important necropoleis of the early Holocene in Africa.

This site was discovered in 2001 during a survey concentrating on the zones bordering the alluvial plain. The name el-Barga is borrowed from a nearby mountain. The site is located on an elevation formed by an outcrop of bedrock (Nubian sandstone) less than 15 km from the Nile, as the crow flies. It includes a settlement area dated to circa 7500 B.C. and cemeteries belonging to two distinct periods.

The habitation is a circular hut slightly less than five metres in diameter, its maximum depth exceeding 50 centimetres. This semi-subterranean structure contained a wealth of artefacts resulting from the site’s occupation (ceramics, grinding tools, flint objects, ostrich eggshell beads, a mother-of-pearl pendant, bone tools, faunal remains, shells). The abundance of artefacts discovered suggests a marked inclination towards a sedentary lifestyle, even though certain activities (fishing and hunting) necessitate seasonal migration.

North of this habitation, about forty burials were dated to the Epipalaeolithic (7700-7000 B.C.) and generally do not contain any furnishings. On the other hand, the Neolithic cemetery (6000-5500 B.C.) located further south comprises about a hundred burials often containing artefacts (adornment, ceramics, flint or bone objects).

-  -

For further information, read the publications by M. Honegger.

quote:

PLoS One. 2008 Aug 14;3(8):e2995.

Lakeside cemeteries in the Sahara: 5000 years of holocene population and environmental change.

Sereno PC et al.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

Approximately two hundred human burials were discovered on the edge of a paleolake in Niger that provide a uniquely preserved record of human occupation in the Sahara during the Holocene ( approximately 8000 B.C.E. to the present). Called Gobero, this suite of closely spaced sites chronicles the rapid pace of biosocial change in the southern Sahara in response to severe climatic fluctuation.

METHODOLOGY/PRINCIPAL FINDINGS:

Two main occupational phases are identified that correspond with humid intervals in the early and mid-Holocene, based on 78 direct AMS radiocarbon dates on human remains, fauna and artifacts, as well as 9 OSL dates on paleodune sand. The older occupants have craniofacial dimensions that demonstrate similarities with mid-Holocene occupants of the southern Sahara and Late Pleistocene to early Holocene inhabitants of the Maghreb. Their hyperflexed burials compose the earliest cemetery in the Sahara dating to approximately 7500 B.C.E. These early occupants abandon the area under arid conditions and, when humid conditions return approximately 4600 B.C.E., are replaced by a more gracile people with elaborated grave goods including animal bone and ivory ornaments.

CONCLUSIONS/SIGNIFICANCE:

The principal significance of Gobero lies in its extraordinary human, faunal, and archaeological record, from which we conclude the following: The early Holocene occupants at Gobero (7700-6200 B.C.E.) were largely sedentary hunter-fisher-gatherers with lakeside funerary sites that include the earliest recorded cemetery in the Sahara.Principal components analysis of craniometric variables closely allies the early Holocene occupants at Gobero with a skeletally robust, trans-Saharan assemblage of Late Pleistocene to mid-Holocene human populations from the Maghreb and southern Sahara.Gobero was abandoned during a period of severe aridification possibly as long as one millennium (6200-5200 B.C.E). More gracile humans arrived in the mid-Holocene (5200-2500 B.C.E.) employing a diversified subsistence economy based on clams, fish, and savanna vertebrates as well as some cattle husbandry.Population replacement after a harsh arid hiatus is the most likely explanation for the occupational sequence at Gobero.We are just beginning to understand the anatomical and cultural diversity that existed within the Sahara during the Holocene.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2515196/pdf/pone.0002995.pdf
 -  -

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:

Northern ARABS ARE COLD ADAPTED, as they came from a cold environment, where they have lived for thousands of years till the very ending of the Holocene, and they are hairy too!!!!

-
terrorist with Queen Tiye hair

Zarahan explained to you how long it takes to go from Tropical adaptation to cold adapt adaptations. Which of course needs an intermediate course, as they are still intermediate or cold adapted. Why we have to go over this again and again...with this person, is beyond me?

So, again impostor African American woman. Why couldn't Africans develop certain traits indigenously within the environment they have lived for thousands of years.....When the environment is suited for these traits.

as you said Queen Tiye had Northern A-rab looking hair
-adaptation to the cold?

-not that she didn't also have a lot of "black" in her

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-

-adaptation to the cold?

I have NEVER EVER SAID/ WROTE SUCH THING DAMN LIAR!!!!

I wrote these morphological traits are indigenous to the REGION. As the people always have been TROPICAL ADAPTED IN LIMB PORTIONS!!!!

AND I WROTE THAT YEMENI AND OMANI PEOPLE CLUSTER CLOSE WITH PEOPLE FROM THE HORN AND SUDAN, Historically and culturally. They are Southern Arabs, not Northern Arabs, like the man above in that picture. See the difference?

-

Egyptians are in their root Hg E* and yes there is admixture, from less to more extend since Egypt was often invaded. For example, "The Copt samples displayed a most interesting Y-profile, enough (as much as that of Gaalien in Sudan) to suggest that they actually represent a living record of the peopling of Egypt. The significant frequency of B-M60 in this group might be a relic of a history of colonization of southern Egypt probably by Nilotics in the early state formation, something that conforms both to recorded history and to Egyptian mythology."--Hassan et al., (2008)

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Sabr culture (2000 BCE)

Where is you prove????? lol

You are a Muktaba, who is mesmerized by ancient African history.

-

-

-

Comparisons of linear body proportions of Old Kingdom and non-Old Kingdom period individuals, and workers and high officials in our sample found no statistically significant differences among them. Zakrzewski (2003) also found little evidence for differences in linear body proportions of Egyptians over a wider temporal range.

-

-

-

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-

-adaptation to the cold?

You are losing it!!!! LOOOOL

quote:
Comparisons of linear body proportions of Old Kingdom and non-Old Kingdom period individuals, and workers and high officials in our sample found no statistically significant differences among them. Zakrzewski (2003) also found little evidence for differences in linear body proportions of Egyptians over a wider temporal range.
Your mindless babbles are MEANINGLESS!!!!!!!

Then a king will come from the South,
Ameny, the justified, my name,
Son of a woman of Ta-Seti, child of Upper Egypt,
He will take the white crown,
he willjoin the Two Mighty Ones (the two crowns)

Asiatics will fall to his sword,
Libyans will fall to his flame,
Rebels to his wrath, traitors to his might,
As the serpent on his brow subdues the rebels for him,
One will build the Walls-of-the-Ruler,
To bar Asiatics from entering Egypt...

By The Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Wadi Kubbaniya (ca. 17,000–15,000 B.C.)

Although no signs of houses were found, diverse and sophisticated stone implements for hunting, fishing, and collecting and processing plants were discovered around hearths.

-

In Egypt, the earliest evidence of humans can be recognized only from tools found scattered over an ancient surface, sometimes with hearths nearby. In Wadi Kubbaniya, a dried-up streambed cutting through the Western Desert to the floodplain northwest of Aswan in Upper Egypt, some interesting sites of the kind described above have been recorded. A cluster of Late Paleolithic camps was located in two different topographic zones: on the tops of dunes and the floor of the wadi (streambed) where it enters the valley. Although no signs of houses were found, diverse and sophisticated stone implements for hunting, fishing, and collecting and processing plants were discovered around hearths. Most tools were bladelets made from a local stone called chert that is widely used in tool fabrication. The bones of wild cattle, hartebeest, many types of fish and birds, as well as the occasional hippopotamus have been identified in the occupation layers. Charred remains of plants that the inhabitants consumed, especially tubers, have also been found.

It appears from the zoological and botanical remains at the various sites in this wadi that the two environmental zones were exploited at different times. We know that the dune sites were occupied when the Nile River flooded the wadi because large numbers of fish and migratory bird bones were found at this location. When the water receded, people then moved down onto the silt left behind on the wadi floor and the floodplain, probably following large animals that looked for water there in the dry season. Paleolithic peoples lived at Wadi Kubbaniya for about 2,000 years, exploiting the different environments as the seasons changed. Other ancient camps have been discovered along the Nile from Sudan to the Mediterranean, yielding similar tools and food remains. These sites demonstrate that the early inhabitants of the Nile valley and its nearby deserts had learned how to exploit local environments, developing economic strategies that were maintained in later cultural traditions of pharaonic Egypt.

Diana Craig Patch

Department of Egyptian Art, The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Laura Anne Tedesco

... linear body proportions of Old Kingdom and non-Old Kingdom period individuals, and workers and high officials in our sample found no statistically significant differences among them. Zakrzewski (2003) also found little evidence for differences in linear body proportions of Egyptians over a wider temporal range.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-

-adaptation to the cold?

The tropical adaptation, alveolar prognathic African with overbite. Is very TYPICAL!!!!!! And indigenous to the REGION!!!!!

Origins of dental crowding and malocclusions: an anthropological perspective.

Rose JC, Roblee RD.

Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2009 Jun;30(5):292-300.

The study of ancient Egyptian skeletons from Amarna, Egypt reveals extensive tooth wear but very little dental crowding, unlike in modern Americans. In the early 20th century, Percy Raymond Begg focused his research on extreme tooth wear coincident with traditional diets to justify teeth removal during orthodontic treatment. Anthropologists studying skeletons that were excavated along the Nile Valley in Egypt and the Sudan have demonstrated reductions in tooth size and changes in the face, including decreased robustness associated with the development of agriculture, but without any increase in the frequency of dental crowding and malocclusion. For thousands of years, facial and dental reduction stayed in step, more or less. These analyses suggest it was not the reduction in tooth wear that increased crowding and malocclusion, but rather the tremendous reduction in the forces of mastication, which produced this extreme tooth wear and the subsequent reduced jaw involvement. Thus, as modern food preparation techniques spread throughout the world during the 19th century, so did dental crowding. This research provides support for the development of orthodontic therapies that increase jaw dimensions rather than the use of tooth removal to relieve crowding.

"Despite the difference, Gebel Ramlah [the Western Desert- Saharan region] is closest to predynastic and early dynastic samples from Abydos, Hierakonpolis, and Badari.."

the Badarians were a "good representative of what the common ancestor to all later predynastic and dynastic Egyptian peoples would be like"

"A comparison of Badari to the Naqada and Hierakonpolis samples .. contradicts the idea of a foreign origin for the Naqada (Petrie, 1939; Baumgartel, 1970)"

Evidence in favor of continuity is also demonstrated by comparison of individual samples. "Naqada and especially Hierakonpolis share close affinities with First-Second Dynasty Abydos.. These findings do not support the concept of a foreign dynastic ''race''"

"Thus, despite increasing foreign influence after the Second Intermediate Period, not only did Egyptian culture remain intact (Lloyd, 2000a), but the people themselves, as represented by the dental samples, appear biologically constant as well."

(Joel D. Irish (2006). Who Were the Ancient Egyptians? Dental Affinities Among Neolithic Through Postdynastic Peoples. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2006 Apr;129(4):529-43.)

Africans have the highest dental diversity
"Previous research by the first author revealed that, relative to other modern peoples, sub-Saharan Africans exhibit the highest frequencies of ancestral (or plesiomorphic) dental traits... The fact that sub-Saharan Africans express these apparently plesiomorphic characters, along with additional information on their affinity to other modern populations, evident intra-population heterogeneity, and a world-wide dental cline emanating from the sub-continent, provides further evidence that is consistent with an African origin model." (Irish JD, Guatelli-Steinberg D.(2003) Ancient teeth and modern human origins: an expanded comparison of African Plio-Pleistocene and recent world dental samples. Hum Evol. 2003 Aug;45(2):113-44.)

The pattern is always the same. Moving from the South up to the North.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-

-adaptation to the cold?

King Tutankhamun died from sickle-cell disease, not malaria, say experts. A team from Hamburg's Bernhard Noct Institute for Tropical Medicine (BNI) claim the disease is a far likelier cause of death than the combination of bone disorders and malaria put forward by Egyptian experts earlier this year.

The BNI team argues that theories offered by Egyptian experts, led by antiquities tsar Zahi Hawass, are based on data that can be interpreted otherwise. They say further analysis of the data will confirm or deny their work. Hawass' claim, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association this February, and followed by a swarm of accompanying television shows, claimed King Tut suffered from Kohler's disease, a bone disorder prohibiting blood flow, before succumbing to malaria.

Multiple bone disorders, including one in Tutankhamun's left foot, led to the Kohler's diagnosis, while segments of a malarial parasite were found via DNA testing. Yet the BNI team claims the latter results are incorrect. “Malaria in combination with Köhler's disease causing Tutankhamun's early death seems unlikely to us,” say Prof Christian Meyer and Dr Christian Timmann.

Instead the BNI team feels sickle-cell disease (SCD), a genetic blood disorder, is a more likely reason for the Pharaoh's death aged just 19. The disease occurs in 9 to 22 per cent of people living in the Egyptian oases, and gives a better chance of surviving malaria; the infestation halted by sickled cells.

They say the disease occurs frequently in malarial regions like the River Nile, and that it would account for the bone defects found on his body.

“The genetic predisposition for (SCD) can be found in regions where malaria frequently occurs, including ancient and modern Egypt.” says Meyer. “The disease can only manifest itself when a sickle cell trait is inherited from both parents: it is a so-called 'recessive inheritance'.” A family tree for the Pharaoh suggested by Hawass himself appears to back the BNI team's case.

The relatively old age of Tutankhamun's parents and relatives – up to 50 years – means they could very well have carried sickle-cell traits, and could therefore have been highly resistant to malaria. The high likelihood that King Tut's parents were siblings means he could have inherited the sickle cell trait from both and suffered from SCD.

“Sickle-cell disease is an important differential diagnosis: one that existing DNA material can probably confirm or rule out,” conclude Timmann and Meyer. They suggest that further testing of ancient Egyptian royal mummies should bear their conclusions in mind.

King Tut's young demise has long been a source of speculation. As well as malaria, recent decades have seen scholars argue that he was murdered, and that he died from infection caused by a broken leg.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/history/king-tut-died-from-sicklecell-disease-not-malaria-2010531.html

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-

-adaptation to the cold?

“The oldest evidence indicates the presence of Africans in the Red Sea coastal plain”

“Old South Arabian inscriptions and graffiti are in scripts of a South Semitic type, of which Ethiopic is the only present-day”

1). Arabian peoples have been held to be related to a variety of groups, with homelands in almost all directions outside Arabia: the view that sought to visualize all Arabians as a single race has never been valid.

The oldest evidence indicates the presence of Africans in the Red Sea coastal plain, Iranians in the southeastern tip of the peninsula, and peoples of Aramaean stock in the north. The racial affinities of the ancient Yemeni peoples remain unsolved; the marked similarity of their culture to the Semitic cultures that arose in the Fertile Crescent to the north of the peninsula can be attributed to cultural spread rather than to immigration.

2).

a. In the north and centre the dominant linguistic form is Old North Arabian (subclassified into Lihyanic, Thamudic, and Safaitic); despite close connections between this group and Arabic, the latter cannot be regarded as lineally descended from it.

b. The Yemenite inscriptions are in Old South Arabian (subclassified into Minaean, Sabaean, Qatabanian, and Hadhramautic), which is a wholly independent group within the Semitic family of languages.(The Old North Arabian and Old South Arabian inscriptions and graffiti are in scripts of a South Semitic type, of which Ethiopic is the only present-day survivor; modern Arabic script is of a North Semitic type.)

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/31568/history-of-Arabia/45964/Pre-Islamic-Arabia-to-the-7th-Century-ad

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-

-adaptation to the cold?

This large pre-Islamic inscription is depicted on a rock near a well in southern Arabia and consists of ten lines. It is popularly known as "the inscription of Abraha." The inscription is still in its original location; a replica is on display in the museum

نقش سبئي

-

-

(i)
Transliteration
b kh ya l / r h m n n / w m s ya h ha /
m l k n / a b r ha / z ya b m n / m l k / s b a / w z r ya d n / w h dh r m d t

Transcription
B'khail / ar-rahman / wmaseeha /
malikan / Abraha / Zaybm / malik /
sab'a / w zarydan / w hadarmaut

Translation
With the power (help) of god, and the Jesus (=Christian) King Abraha Zeebman (King's title), the King of Saba'a, Zuridan and Hadrmaut.

(ii)
w ya m n t / w r a a'in r b ha m r / ta w d m /
w t ha m t / s ta r w / z n / s ta r n / k gh z ya w

w yement / wa r'a rab hamw / Twadam / w thamat / satro / zn / satran / K'ghazow

and Yemen and the tribes (on)
the mountains and the coast wrote these lines on his battle

(iii)
m a'in d m / gh z w t n / r b a'in t n /
b w r kh n / z th b t n / k f s d w / k l / b n ya a'in m r m

Ma'ndam / Ghazwatn / rab'atan / b'warkhan / Zthbatan /Kafa saadu / kl/ bani amrm

against the tribe of Ma'ad ( in ) the battle of al-Rabiya in the
month of "Dhu al Thabithan" (April) and fight (against) all the (tribes) of Bani A'amir.

(iv)
w z k ya / m l k n / a b j b r / b a'in m /
k d t / w a'in l / w b sh r m / b n h sa n m / b a'in / m

Wazaki/ malikn/ abjabar / b ainam/ kadat/ wain/ w basharm / bin hasahanm/ bainm

and appointed the King (the leader) "Abi Jabar" with (tribe)
Kinda and (Qahtani tribe) Al (and the leader) "Bishar bin Hasan" with

(v)
s a'in d m / w m r d m / w h dh r w /
q d m ya / j ya sh n / a'in l ya b n ya a'in m r m /
k d t / w a'in l / b w d / z m r kh / w m r d m / w s d m / b w d.

San dam/ wa mardam / wa hadaru/ qadami / jayshan/
alia bani yamram/ kadat/ wail/ b wad /samrakh / wa mardam/ wa sadam/ b wad..

(Tribe) Sa'ad ( and the tribe) Murad and ( the tribe)
Hadarmaut (stand) in front of the army against Bani Amir of Kinda.
and (the tribe) Al in wadi "zu markh" and Murad and Sa'ad in wadi

(vi)
b m n ha j / t r b n / w z b h w / w a s r w /
w gh n m w / z a'in s m / w m kh dh / m l k n / b h l b n / w d n w.

B manhaj / tarban/ w zabahow / wa sarw /
w ghanamw / zaisam / wa makhdah/ malakin/ b halban/ wa danw

Manha on the way to Turban and killed and captured
and took the booty in large quantities and the
King and fought at Halban and reached

(vii)
k za l / m a'in d m / w r ha n w / w b a'in d n ha w /
w s a'in ha m w / a'in m r m / b n / m z r n..

Ka zalam/ maidam / wrahanw / wa badanahaw /
nwa sa'aham mw / amram / bin/ mazran.

Ma'ad and took booty and prisoners, and after that, conquered
(from the tribe of Ma'ad) Omro bin al-Munzir …

(viii)
w r ha n m w / b n ha w / w s t kh l fa ha w /
a'in l ya / m a'in d m / w q f l w / b n / h l

Wa rahanamw / bin haw / wa sata khalafw / ala/ ma'dam/ wa qafalw/ bin/ hal.

(and according to the agreement between Abrha and the tribe of Ma'ad)
(Abrhas) appointed the son (of Omro) as the ruler and returned (Abraha) from Hal.

(ix)
(b) n / (b) kh ya l / r h m n n / w r kh ha w /
z a'in l n / z l th n ya / w s th ya / w s

( bi)n / (b) akhayal / rahman / wa rakhaw / zalan / salthany / w sathya/ ws

Ban (halban) with the power of the god in the month of Zu A'allan in the year sixty-two

(x)
th / m a t m

Tha / matam

and six hundred

النص
ب خ ى ل / ر ح م ن ن / و م س ى ح هـ / م ل ك ن / أ ب ر هـ / ز ى ب م ن / م ل ك / س ب أ / و ذ ر ي د ن / و ح ض ر م و ت

القراءة
بقوة الرحمن ومسيحة الملك أبرهة زيبمان ملك سبأ وذو ريدان وحضرموت

ـ 2 ـ
و ي م ن ت / و ر أ ع ر ب هـ م و / ط و د م / و ت هـ م ت / س ط ر و / ذ ن / س ط ر ن / ك غ ز ى و

.ويمنات وقبائلهم (في) الجبال والسواحل ، سطر هذا النقش عندما غزا

ـ 3 ـ
م ع د م / غ ز و ت ن / ر ب ع ت ن / ب و ر خ ن / ذ ث ب ت ن / ك ف س د و / ك ل / ب ن ى ع م رم/

(قبيلة) معد (في) غزوة الربيع في شهر "ذو الثابة" (ابريل) عندما ثاروا كل (قبائل) بنى عامر

ـ 4 ـ
و ذ ك ى / م ل ك ن / أ ب ج ب ر / ب ع م / ك د ت / و ع ل / و ب ش ر م / ب ن ح ص ن م / ب ع م

وعين الملك (القائد) "أبي جبر" مع (قبيلة) على (والقائد) "بشر بن حصن" مع

ـ 5 ـ
س ع د م / و م ر د م / و ح ض ر و / ق د م ى / ج ي ش ن / ع ل ي / ب ن ي ع م ر م / ك د ت / و ع ل / ب و د / ذ م ر خ / و م ر د م / و س ع د م / ب و د

قبيلة) سعد (وقبيلة) مراد وحضروا أمام الجيش ـ ضد بنى عامر (وجهت) كندة وعلى في) وادي "ذو مرخ" ومراد وسعد في وادي

ـ 6 ـ
ب م ن هـ ج / ت ر ب ن / و ذ ب ح و / و أ س ر و / و غ ن م و / ذ ع س م / و م خ ض / م ل ك ن / ب ح ل ب ن / و د ن و

على طريق تربن وذبحوا وأسروا وغنموا بوفرة وحارب الملك في حلبن واقترب

ـ 7 ـ
ك ظ ل / م ع د م / و ر هـ ن و / و ب ع د ن هـ و / و س ع هـ م و / ع م ر م / ب ن / م ذ ر ن

كظل معد (وأخذ) اسرى، وبعد ذلك فوضوا (قبيلة معد) عمروا بن المنذر (في

ـ 8 ـ
و ر هـ ن هـ م و / ب ن هـ و / و س ت خ ل ف هـ و / ع ل ى / م ع د م / و ق ف ل و / ب ن / ح ل

الصلح) فضمنهم ابنه (عروا) (عن أبرهة) فعينه حاكماً على) معد ورجع (أبرهة) من حلـ

ـ 9 ـ
(ب) ن / ( ب ) خ ى ل / ر ح م ن ن / و ر خ هـ و / ذ ع ل ن / ذ ل ث ن ى / و س ث ى / و س

بن (حلبان) بقوة الرحمن في شهر ذو علان في السنة الثانية والستين وسـ

ـ 10 ـ
ث / م أ ت م

ستمائة

مسند جنوبي

-

Transliteration
ha z a'in
n b t a l

Transcription/Translation
Haza'a nabt al

(name of the deceased)

النص

ح ذ ع
ن ب ت أ ل

القراءة
حذع نبت أل

مسند جنوبي

-

Transliteration
n ya a'in th t / k ya l / w m q m / sh ya m ha m w
gh wa n ha m w / b n / a a'in r b n / w b z t
t a t b / r ya m m / s a'in d / w ha w f ya n
r ya m m / r dh w / w h sd ya / m r a ha m

Transcription
Nai Asath/ Khail/ w maqam/ shai mahamo/
Ghawnham/bin/ A'araban/ w bazat/
Ta'atab/remom/sad/w hawfain
Remom/ Rado/ wa hasiya/ mraham

Translation
With the power of Naiqthat and his high position
Ghawnaham from the Arabian tribe of
Dhat Ta'atab - Raimam Sa'ad
Fulfilled and pleased with the will of their Lord and his presence.

حجر عليه نقش مسند جنوبي مفقود جزء منه والجزء الواضح يتكون من اربعة أسطر كتبت بطريقة النقر وبخط غائر من اليمين إلى اليسار

النص
1- ن ي ع ث ت ، خ ي ل ، و م ق م ، ش ي م هـ م و ،
2- غ و ن هـ م و ، ب ن ، أ ع غ ب ن ، و ب ذ ت
3- ت أ ت ب ، ر ي م م ، س ع د ، و هـ و ف ي ن
4- ر ي م م ، ر ض و ، و ح ص ي ، م ر أ هـ م

القراءة
نيعست خيل ومقام شيمهمو
ونهمو بن (من) أعربن (بمعنى قبيلة) وبذت
(وتأتتب ريمم سعد وهوفين (بمعنى وأوفى
(ريمم بوصية المعبود رضو على مرآ هم (_على سمعهم

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass:

For example some Europeans/Americans have red hair but it is not common on average. Who is this woman anyway? Where is she from?...

And as Troll Patrol and others have proven what YOU say and think doesn't amount to sh*t. Especially since you know NOTHING about Africans and have never seen Africans outside the stereotypical West-Central "true negroid" look (even though you yourself once claimed to be African). [Embarrassed]

I thought it was explained to you before in several other threads that phalomelanin the pigment in hair responsible for reddish or brownish color is most visible when eumelanin (the pigment responsible for black color) is depleted or lost. This sometimes occurs as a natural consequence of aging. Usually when a person is old and loses hair pigment, both eumelanin and phaelomelanin are lost but sometimes eumelanin is lost first. And in the case of some populations phaelomelanin and lack of eumelanin occurs in youth as a paedomorphic trait among children as seen in Australian aborigines or in some Africans.

Again, such biological occurances happen among black people both in Africa as well as outside of the continent. And there is also the idiotic matter of assuming the mummy's hair was the exact same color and texture as when she was alive!

quote:
Below some Omani and Yemeni women for comparison. Some might be described as "afro-arab" .

here is a girl from Oman
 -

Omani woman
 -

Yemeni woman
 -

LMAO [Big Grin]
I'll I have to give your dumbass some credit that of all the foreign non-African populations you use for comparison, at least you used one that actually has close relations to Africans, in this case Arabians and not Indians!

You speak as if Arabians and Africans are two entirely different entitites, but notice that Arabia is right next to Africa.

-

Considering Arabia's, especially southern Arabia's close proximity to Africa, do you really think the indigenous populations would be so different or distinct from those right next door? As Troll Patrol pointed out, you do realize that many Arabs especially Yemenis and Omanis have African ancestry right?! Have you not been exposed to all the archaeological and bio-anthropological evidence that Dana has cited about what the early Arabians looked like?

And what does any of this have to do with an Egyptian woman? As TP pointed out her features are not unusual for Egyptians or any northeast Africans for that matter. As usual you are grasping in the air for anything aren't you?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Arabia is close to Africa yet straight forms of hair are much more common than in Africa. This could be due to people from the North mixing into these populations.

I'm going to add
e) she's part black African part Eurasian with straight hair

e) she's part black African part Eurasian and the Eurasian part accounts for the straight hair

Her lips look large here and she has prognathic jaw so I rule out b) she wasn't a black woman (meaning not black at all)
Ancient Egyptians of all dynasties vary from big lipped to thin lipped. From prognathic to not at all prognathic.

I rule out a) she was a black woman with straight hair
when I say "black woman" here I mean pure African.
I have yet to see in a study that shows a pure African with straight hair.

I rule out d) she was a black woman with an afro but the chemicals used in the mummification process straightened her hair. I don't think she had a huge afro puffed out because you don't see that in paintings and you can't wear wigs over that too well

I think it was c) or e)

QUEEN TIYE:

e) she's part black African part Eurasian and the Eurasian part accounts for the straight hair

I know now I'm a white supremacist for thinking this

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com