EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Obama Insults Half a Race (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Obama Insults Half a Race
SEEKING
Member # 10105

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEEKING     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The article posted is rubbish, so here is the actual speech by Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XprlHo5XLlI

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
This is nothing new. Lamin is the most politically savvy person on this forum. Great job Lamin.

4 real.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:
Akoben08, when your leader Marcus Garvey told you guys that a GReaT man was gonna come from the east, he was absolutly right. But he calculated the years wrong, more precisly 70 years wrong.
Behold, HERE I AM, now bow down BITCH, worship your Jah. [Big Grin]

ROFLMAO [Big Grin]
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SEEKING:
The article posted is rubbish, so here is the actual speech by Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XprlHo5XLlI

Obama didn't even insult black dudes... he was just talking the REAL and URGENT issue of DEADBEAT so-called "Dads". There's WAAAAY TOO MANY around and like most problems (STDs, Unemployment, Racism etc) it affects the black community far more than it affects other groups. But unlike those other problems, it is almost always self-inflicted and usually due to laziness on the part of these men. They hide away from their problems instead of solving it.

I happen to know quite a lot of Jamaican deadbeat dads in the London area. Not saying Jamaicans are generally like that, I'm just saying.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
You don't have any right to tell me what to read, now **** OFF!

It's not surprising the Million Man March and The Millions More March were organized specifically to deal with the issue of black male atonement, and Obama was no where to be found at either of these MAJOR BLACK events where he had the opportunity to speak directly to 500,000 black men. He didn't even send a note.
Perhaps Obama's message is aimed at the black son's whose fathers brought them to the MMM, or MMoreMarch.

Ten years ago, Farrakhan urged black men to improve their families and communities — women, whites and other minorities had not been invited. On Saturday, all were welcome at the Millions More Movement, which organizers said would build on the principles of 1995 and push people to build a movement for change locally and nationally. Neither Farrakhan, who spoke for 75 minutes, nor police would not offer a crowd estimate. Associated Press photos showed the gathering was significantly smaller than that of 1995, when Boston University researchers estimated between 600,000 and 1 million participants. The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority said subway ridership by 7 p.m. was just under 368,000, compared with a Saturday average of nearly 220,000. On the day of the march 10 years ago — a weekday, when regular commuters drove up overall ridership — that number was just over 804,000, the third-highest ever recorded.
A crowd of thousands cheered as dozens of prominent speakers — academics, activists, artists and media pundits — spoke, recited poetry and sang songs in the 12-hour program on the National Mall.

Pointing to the broad spectrum of participants, Farrakhan said the march included an "unprecedented" array of black leaders of organizations "coming together to speak to America and the world with one voice."

Still, participants said they were inspired by the gathering. Farrakhan "is the only one who can pull this magnitude of people together," said Michael Warren, 41, a Washington resident who attended for about five hours with three youths that he mentors. "No other leader since Martin and Malcolm have done this."

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SEEKING
Member # 10105

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEEKING     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meninarner, who was Barack Obama in 1995...and so what if he did not show up at the Million Man March?

Why don't you tell us the names of the heavyweights in the Black community who showed up and spoke at "The Millions More March?"

The Black community will overwhelmingly vote for Barack Obama in November, period. If you do like Barack as the candidate for the presidency, you and the other malcontents can go and vote for John Mccain.

In the meantime, stop the madness!

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Exactly. In any case he's free to vote for Mccain or not vote at all for that matter.

--------------------
Dont be evil - Google

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or vote for Cynthia McKinney which will bring a real change:

Not only is it a contradiction in terms to support the pro-apartheid Zionist, corporate and militarily backed Barack Obama (or any other Democratic or Republican Party candidate) while simultaneously claiming to be of all things a leftist; it is the height of hypocrisy and dishonesty. One cannot simultaneously support both the empire and those that the empire oppresses and represses. One is either in support of the U.S. Empire or in opposition to it - -plain and simple. In this there is no middle passage, no middle ground, no nonsense. I find myself in agreement with Mumia Abu-Jamal, when he concluded his June 5, 2008, column titled, ‘Is Obama’s Victory Ours?,’ by stating, “’Real change that you could believe in’ would be an end to Empire, and an end to wars for corporate greed, not just the change of the shade of the political managers…” This of course is obvious, but is nonetheless being studiously ignored by those so-called progressives and leftists who have opportunistically chosen to collaborate with the Empire while at the same time asserting that they somehow oppose its despicable practices against oppressed peoples both in inside of the United States and around the world. What rubbish!

^ click the link for more on the excellent gatekeeper; Amy Goodman

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^Arwa, what do you achieve by bashing Obama?

IMHO, Nothing. The best you may achieve is to make less people vote for Obama. Those votes might go to Cynthia McKinney, who isn't going to win anything this year or they may go elsewhere - maybe even to McCain, who could win the presidency (do you want another nightmare, a George Bush clone???).

In the end, you would have made things WORSE for yourself and others.

THINK about what you're doing and try not to be so emotional. This is how the "powers that be" stay in power, by exploiting peoples' emotions. In the end, while the people had been fighting each other ... the tyrants come out on top, and all they had to do to win was watch and coordinate the fight.

You MUST understand the difference between a game of checkers and a game of chess.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Meninarner, who was Barack Obama in 1995...and so what if he did not show up at the Million Man March?

Why don't you tell us the names of the heavyweights in the Black community who showed up and spoke at "The Millions More March?"

The Black community will overwhelmingly vote for Barack Obama in November, period. If you do like Barack as the candidate for the presidency, you and the other malcontents can go and vote for John Mccain.

You can check out who attended the MMM, The King Holiday March, The Millions Womens March, The International Conference For Racial Equality, The declaration of the Buffaloe Soldier Statue, The Rebuttal FOR Affirmative Action, The State Of Black America Conference, The Jena-6 March, and all other major black events on their respective websites.
You will find Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Collin Powell, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, The CBC, The NAACP, and all other black or considerate whites at any of these events.
You won't find Obama and ANY one of the above or those I have not mentioned.

McCain is not the only option versus Obama. No mainstream candidate will cure your ills.
VOTE FOR CYNTHIA MCKENNY FOOL!

When 80% of blacks are being hoodwinked it's more important to state facts.
Just because Whites have learned to play Blacks like fiddles doesn't mean it has to remain this way. If Obama wins what will blacks gain? You don't know, because he is not for blacks any more then George Bush.
Think! It ain't illegal yet.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xyyman form your post you've indirectly admitted that you are white American as you don't have a clue what colonialism is. Mmmaky....moving from that simpleton. Horus, what can I say about a negro who idealizes J-Z and Oraph? Moving on. SEEKING, you must have been born yesterday - you lack historical context. The Black community overwhelmingly voted for that other "progressive", Billyboy Clinton. If Obama wins, like Clinton after eight years, the progressives in the black community will be saying "I told you so"....and we will be right back where we started. American government will not save the black community, stop misleading the masses.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akoben08:
Horus, what can I say about a negro who idealizes J-Z and Oraph? Moving on.

What can I say about a pothead deadbeat Jamaican who has nothing but diarrhea coming out of his mouth?

I have repeated several times on this board that I don't like Oprah. But this pothead bum seems to interpet my message in his own unique ass-backwards way. Go figure.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...and we will be right back where we started.

Who's we? lol [Big Grin] . People like you are never going anywhere. You're going to cry and whinge and whinge some more (have a tissue), that's all you have the balls to do. F0cking witless keyboard warrior. You're going to be a broke BUM for the rest of your life. Mark my prophetic words.
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care for either one! They are independent, make their own money, do their own thing so for me that they are great! They are to be commended because that is what superior people do! God blesses them that have so the rule is get oyour own and don't rely on fools to give it to yah! Nothing but respect for anyone who does that and doesn't kow-tow to anyone less.

That is the superior man or woman!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HORUS^*^:
^Arwa, what do you achieve by bashing Obama?

IMHO, Nothing. The best you may achieve is to make less people vote for Obama. Those votes might go to Cynthia McKinney, who isn't going to win anything this year or they may go elsewhere - maybe even to McCain, who could win the presidency (do you want another nightmare, a George Bush clone???).

In the end, you would have made things WORSE for yourself and others.

THINK about what you're doing and try not to be so emotional. This is how the "powers that be" stay in power, by exploiting peoples' emotions. In the end, while the people had been fighting each other ... the tyrants come out on top, and all they had to do to win was watch and coordinate the fight.

You MUST understand the difference between a game of checkers and a game of chess.

Horus,

Don't take my absence of debate for lacking to engage or I someone here just to come and cut/paste. I said before that I don't have time to write more than 10 min a day and today is not exception.

Mow back to you.

Obama is not just someone to ignore, and certainly not when you are a Black African. He is indeed the biggest threat ever faced to Africa in mankind and he will go down in history the man who will wage wars more than any American presidents- dead or alive, and it saddest me that you don't take it this issue seriously.

The fact is, there never been a change in history when it comes who ruled the world in the past 500 years. The Founding Fathers of USA did not changed a single thing, because they were part of the elites. (please read this article). And if you consider this as bashing then you are part of continuing this system and happy to serve them.

Now, I do have a answer to what we will do. In short time: Vote for Cynthia McKinney, because she has the real chance to be the new Ralph Nader or Rose Paroo (Spelling? from election 1992)

In long time, educate yourself and show your dignity.

I have to go..

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking shots at everyone. . .huh? Must be new to the board.

quote:
Xyyman form your post you've indirectly admitted that you are white American as you don't have a clue what colonialism is. Mmmaky....moving from that simpleton. Horus, what can I say about a negro who idealizes J-Z and Oraph? Moving on. SEEKING, you must have been born yesterday - you lack historical context. The Black community overwhelmingly voted for that other "progressive", Billyboy Clinton. If Obama wins, like Clinton after eight years, the progressives in the black community will be saying "I told you so"....and we will be right back where we started. American government will not save the black community, stop misleading the masses.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Xyyman wrote:

He's a filthy bacteria, Jamaican bacteria, a rare crop bacteria originating from sugarcane. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
(please read this article).

where's the "news"?
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Xyyman wrote:

He's a filthy bacteria, Jamaican bacteria, a rare crop bacteria originating from sugarcane. [Big Grin]
Why is it always the case that the most hideous looking person in the room is usually the one who talks the most crap? [Smile] Yonis, as outspoken as you are, have you forgotten that people on this forum have actually seen your wrinkled, Black face? I'd rather have a few slave ancestors, than dozens of ugly ones. You look like an inbred East African whose incest infested family's been isolated for the past 10 generations. I can only assume that the women in your family look like the Somali Cochroaches that have become the mascots of your country..
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
quote:
quote:
Xyyman wrote:

Why is it always the case that the most hideous looking person in the room is usually the one who talks the most crap? [Smile] Yonis, as outspoken as you are, have you forgotten that people on this forum have actually seen your wrinkled, Black face? I'd rather have a few slave ancestors, than dozens of ugly ones. You look like an inbred East African whose incest infested family's been isolated for the past 10 generations. I can only assume that the women in your family look like Somali Cochroaches.
Haha, don't hate appreciate, i've always got compliment for my good looks, just bring your sister and we'll see how long it will take for her to lay on her back and strech her legs wide open for me. [Wink]
Why don't you post your pic for comparison, gorilla boy/girl?

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on Sundiata. Don't get sucked into this filthy talk.
quote:
quote:
quote:
Xyyman wrote:

Why is it always the case that the most hideous looking person in the room is usually the one who talks the most crap? [Smile] Yonis, as outspoken as you are, have you forgotten that people on this forum have actually seen your wrinkled, Black face? I'd rather have a few slave ancestors, than dozens of ugly ones. You look like an inbred East African whose incest infested family's been isolated for the past 10 generations. I can only assume that the women in your family look like the Somali Cochroaches that have become the mascots of your country..

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:
Xyyman wrote:

Why is it always the case that the most hideous looking person in the room is usually the one who talks the most crap? [Smile] Yonis, as outspoken as you are, have you forgotten that people on this forum have actually seen your wrinkled, Black face? I'd rather have a few slave ancestors, than dozens of ugly ones. You look like an inbred East African whose incest infested family's been isolated for the past 10 generations. I can only assume that the women in your family look like Somali Cochroaches.

Haha, don't hate appreciate, i've always got compliment for my good looks,
LOL.. wow.. Only if I could dig up that sorry looking photo of yours. I'm not sure if they have chap stick in Somalia but your lips looked like two burnt pieces of wood, stuck together.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

ok, ok.. LOL. I apologize If I offended anyone.
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Well those lips have probably kissed more girls than your whole male relatives together, now be a man/woman and post your pic? Don't be shy i'm sure many people here are prepared for some kind of visual trauma, come on [Wink]
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

ok, ok.. LOL. I apologize If I offended anyone.
Since you are obviously afraid of posting your pic (understandable), i will visualize how your proto-human ass looks like going by your writing style, next to the pic of me you are referring to. [Wink]

Me
 -

Sundiata
 -

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Two black Africans???? Of different ethnic groups. One huskier?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and this black boy asks why i say he hates himself. lol

-

-

Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
quote:
akoben08 wrote:
and this black boy asks why i say he hates himself. lol

If i looked like how Sundiata probably looks like (above) then i would definetly hate myself, lol.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Actually you look darker than you Bantu brother you are ashamed of. lol and if you didnt purposely set your head to the side to try to portray a Jew nose, and purposely tuck in your lips, I'd find it hard to separate you two!
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Yeah so true, as if i expect anything else from a bacteria like you.
Tell you what, why don't you print that pic, frame it, and pray infront of it by worshiping your almighty Jah 6 times a day. [Big Grin]

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
Look, don't get mad, I'm just telling you that you should stop trying to pass off your brother as Sundiata, own up to him, he's all you have in that refugee camp in Sweden. lol
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Why such a condescending attitude towards refugee camps? As if your hood/ghetto is in a much better shape, lol

FYI i'm born in Sweden.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Tell you what, why don't you print that pic, frame it, and pray infront of it by worshiping your almighty Jah 6 times a day. [Big Grin]

-
Member # 11484

Rate Member
 -
SEEKING
Member # 10105

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
quote:

You can check out who attended the MMM, The King Holiday March, The Millions Womens March, The International Conference For Racial Equality, The declaration of the Buffaloe Soldier Statue, The Rebuttal FOR Affirmative Action, The State Of Black America Conference, The Jena-6 March, and all other major black events on their respective websites.
You will find Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Collin Powell, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, The CBC, The NAACP, and all other black or considerate whites at any of these events.

McCain is not the only option versus Obama. No mainstream candidate will cure your ills.

Just because Whites have learned to play Blacks like fiddles doesn't mean it has to remain this way. If Obama wins what will blacks gain? You don't know, because he is not for blacks any more then George Bush.

Again, who was Barack Obama in 1995?

You spoke of the Clintons as if they have the Black community's interest at heart. Are you one of those African Americans who used to say that Bill Clinton is the first Black President?

Who was the President of the United States during the Rwanda genocide?

Who said Obama is just a Black candidate like Jesse Jackson, thus he only canwin a state like South Carolina?

Who said blue-collar White voters will not vote for Obama?

Who was basically playing the race card in the democratic primary?

I am still waiting for you to list the names of the heavyweights in the Black community that spoke at the "The Millions More March."

You said that Obama did not attend the MMM in 1995, well, it shows how totally uninformed you're.

Maybe this will help you.

quote:
Obama took time off from attending campaign coffees to attend October's Million Man March in Washington, D.C. His experiences there only reinforced his reasons for jumping into politics.

"What I saw was a powerful demonstration of an impulse and need for African-American men to come together to recognize each other and affirm our rightful place in the society," he said. "There was a profound sense that African-American men were ready to make a commitment to bring about change in our communities and lives.

"But what was lacking among march organizers was a positive agenda, a coherent agenda for change. Without this agenda a lot of this energy is going to dissipate. Just as holding hands and singing 'We shall overcome' is not going to do it, exhorting youth to have pride in their race, give up drugs and crime, is not going to do it if we can't find jobs and futures for the 50 percent of black youth who are unemployed, underemployed, and full of bitterness and rage.

"Exhortations are not enough, nor are the notions that we can create a black economy within America that is hermetically sealed from the rest of the economy and seriously tackle the major issues confronting us," Obama said.

"Any solution to our unemployment catastrophe must arise from us working creatively within a multicultural, interdependent, and international economy. Any African-Americans who are only talking about racism as a barrier to our success are seriously misled if they don't also come to grips with the larger economic forces that are creating economic insecurity for all workers--whites, Latinos, and Asians. We must deal with the forces that are depressing wages, lopping off people's benefits right and left, and creating an earnings gap between CEOs and the lowest-paid worker that has risen in the last 20 years from a ratio of 10 to 1 to one of better than 100 to 1.

"This doesn't suggest that the need to look inward emphasized by the march isn't important, and that these African-American tribal affinities aren't legitimate. These are mean, cruel times, exemplified by a 'lock 'em up, take no prisoners' mentality that dominates the Republican-led Congress. Historically, African-Americans have turned inward and towards black nationalism whenever they have a sense, as we do now, that the mainstream has rebuffed us, and that white Americans couldn't care less about the profound problems African-Americans are facing."

"But cursing out white folks is not going to get the job done. Anti-Semitic and anti-Asian statements are not going to lift us up. We've got some hard nuts-and-bolts organizing and planning to do. We've got communities to build."

" target="_blank">http://www.chicagoreader.com/obama/951208/[/QUOTE]

By the way, Louis Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson support Obama.

The Black community supports Obama.

You and the other malcontents will be the only ones voting for Cynthia McKinney.

In other words, she will hardly get 1% of the votes on Election Day much less winning the presidency.

You guys love to back losers; carry on.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
quote:
Look, don't get mad, I'm just telling you that you should stop trying to pass off your brother as Sundiata, own up to him, he's all you have in that refugee camp in Sweden. lol
LOL.. Trust me, that photo of the young Black African kid that Yonis posted is not him (and the guy below definitely not me). Just really shows how ashamed he is of his own Black skin. [Smile]
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You spoke of the Clintons as if they have the Black community's interest at heart. Are you one of those African Americans who used to say that Bill Clinton is the first Black President?

Who said Obama is just a Black candidate like Jesse Jackson, thus he only canwin a state like South Carolina?

I am still waiting for you to list the names of the heavyweights in the Black community that spoke at the "The Millions More March."

You said that Obama did not attend the MMM in 1995, well, it shows how totally uninformed you're.

quote:
Obama took time off from attending campaign coffees to attend October's Million Man March in Washington, D.C. His experiences there only reinforced his reasons for jumping into politics.

"What I saw was a powerful demonstration of an impulse and need for African-American men to come together to recognize each other and affirm our rightful place in the society," he said. "There was a profound sense that African-American men were ready to make a commitment to bring about change in our communities and lives.

"But what was lacking among march organizers was a positive agenda, a coherent agenda for change. Without this agenda a lot of this energy is going to dissipate. Just as holding hands and singing 'We shall overcome' is not going to do it, exhorting youth to have pride in their race, give up drugs and crime, is not going to do it if we can't find jobs and futures for the 50 percent of black youth who are unemployed, underemployed, and full of bitterness and rage.

"Exhortations are not enough, nor are the notions that we can create a black economy within America that is hermetically sealed from the rest of the economy and seriously tackle the major issues confronting us," Obama said.

"Any solution to our unemployment catastrophe must arise from us working creatively within a multicultural, interdependent, and international economy. Any African-Americans who are only talking about racism as a barrier to our success are seriously misled if they don't also come to grips with the larger economic forces that are creating economic insecurity for all workers--whites, Latinos, and Asians. We must deal with the forces that are depressing wages, lopping off people's benefits right and left, and creating an earnings gap between CEOs and the lowest-paid worker that has risen in the last 20 years from a ratio of 10 to 1 to one of better than 100 to 1.

"This doesn't suggest that the need to look inward emphasized by the march isn't important, and that these African-American tribal affinities aren't legitimate. These are mean, cruel times, exemplified by a 'lock 'em up, take no prisoners' mentality that dominates the Republican-led Congress. Historically, African-Americans have turned inward and towards black nationalism whenever they have a sense, as we do now, that the mainstream has rebuffed us, and that white Americans couldn't care less about the profound problems African-Americans are facing."

"But cursing out white folks is not going to get the job done. Anti-Semitic and anti-Asian statements are not going to lift us up. We've got some hard nuts-and-bolts organizing and planning to do. We've got communities to build."

]http://www.chicagoreader.com/obama/951208/

You and the other malcontents will be the only ones voting for Cynthia McKinney.

In other words, she will hardly get 1% of the votes on Election Day much less winning the presidency.

Good post..
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Actually, it is YOU who is saying The Clinton's have Black interests at heart. No where do you read me saying this so please resist projecting YOUR inferiorities onto me.
I included Bill Clinton simply because he was on the stage and acknowledged by Farrankhan while Obama was not. Before you make excuses for Obama, other congresspeople were on the stage also.
Many people attended. Take time to review the website and you will see for yourself who was and who was not there.

Even Obama's mealy-mouthed message in his local newspaper was bullshit. He doesn't acknowledge that ALL of Farrakhan's members are self employed and NOT subject to the conditions he outlines. Also, Obama recently endorsed NAFTA and job outsourcing, two of major reasons for the loss of American jobs.

I attended the Millions man march and every leading black politician (congressman, Senator, Mayor, etc) in attendance was acknowledged. Obama was NOT acknowledged and was not there. To be sure, I asked other blacks who were there if they noted Obama's presence. They agreed with me, he was not there. It sounds very much like you weren't either.

As to voting for a candidate that may not win in this election, that is not the issue or the intent.

For one, you have no idea IF blacks will be WINNERS IF Obama is elected. This is an assumption since Obama has made no promises or even hints of what he will do for blacks if elected. And before you come back with the, Obama is an American President bullshit, how does that explain the promises he's made to whites and the foreign country Israel? If he is interested in "America" then why make promises to every group EXCEPT blacks? Think, it ain't illegal yet.

In politics, groups who receive the commitments and promises are the groups who vote in BLOCKS (AIPAC, UNIONS, JEWS, ASIANS, WHITES, MIAMI CUBANS).
Black voters vote in blocks (democrat) but unlike the other groups above, blacks vote overwhelmingly democratic because they refuse to vote republican. This being the case, the democratic party can ALWAYS count on receiving the majority of the black vote without having to promise anything in return. Republicans fully understand this. In fact, Bush stated the exact same statistic at his speech to the NAACP, and he was correct.

If the majority of blacks gave their votes to a candidate who has made campaign promises specifically addressing their needs, even if the candidate does not win in that elections, black voters win because it sends a powerful message to the two mainstream parties that they can no longer take the black voter block for granted and must come correct with solid commitment IF they want the black vote. IF McKenny received 70,80,90% of the black vote and lost, in 2012, the republican and democratic parties would change their campaign strategies and treat the black voter with the same amount of respect they now give the Jewish or White vote. As things stand from this election, in 2012 blacks will receive the same low priority and lack of commitment as in the past. Why? Because blacks don't ask for anything for their vote, and even when the democratic candidate promises them NOTHING, they will still overwhelmingly give them their vote. Sounds like FREE money to me. They are happy with meaningless symbolic gestures and milestones and squander their vote in the same manner they squander their economic strength.

Lastly, Farrakhan supports McKenny, as well as Rev. Wright.
He has not however leveraged his members into any blocks in supporting either with their votes. So, what's your point?

If you want to vote, at least learn how to do it EFFECTIVELY and INTELLIGENTLY based on what your candidate can do for you, rather then what you can do for your candidate.

SEEKING
Member # 10105

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Actually, it is YOU who is saying The Clinton's have Black interests at heart. No where do you read me saying this so please resist projecting YOUR inferiorities onto me.
I included Bill Clinton simply because he was on the stage and acknowledged by Farrankhan while Obama was not. Before you make excuses for Obama, other congresspeople were on the stage also.
Many people attended. Take time to review the website and you will see for yourself who was and who was not there.

Even Obama's mealy-mouthed message in his local newspaper was bullshit. He doesn't acknowledge that ALL of Farrakhan's members are self employed and NOT subject to the conditions he outlines. Also, Obama recently endorsed NAFTA and job outsourcing, two of major reasons for the loss of American jobs.

I attended the Millions man march and every leading black politician (congressman, Senator, Mayor, etc) in attendance was acknowledged. Obama was NOT acknowledged and was not there. To be sure, I asked other blacks who were there if they noted Obama's presence. They agreed with me, he was not there. It sounds very much like you weren't either.

As to voting for a candidate that may not win in this election, that is not the issue or the intent.

For one, you have no idea IF blacks will be WINNERS IF Obama is elected. This is an assumption since Obama has made no promises or even hints of what he will do for blacks if elected. And before you come back with the, Obama is an American President bullshit, how does that explain the promises he's made to whites and the foreign country Israel? If he is interested in "America" then why make promises to every group EXCEPT blacks? Think, it ain't illegal yet.

In politics, groups who receive the commitments and promises are the groups who vote in BLOCKS (AIPAC, UNIONS, JEWS, ASIANS, WHITES, MIAMI CUBANS).
Black voters vote in blocks (democrat) but unlike the other groups above, blacks vote overwhelmingly democratic because they refuse to vote republican. This being the case, the democratic party can ALWAYS count on receiving the majority of the black vote without having to promise anything in return. Republicans fully understand this. In fact, Bush stated the exact same statistic at his speech to the NAACP, and he was correct.

If the majority of blacks gave their votes to a candidate who has made campaign promises specifically addressing their needs, even if the candidate does not win in that elections, black voters win because it sends a powerful message to the two mainstream parties that they can no longer take the black voter block for granted and must come correct with solid commitment IF they want the black vote. IF McKenny received 70,80,90% of the black vote and lost, in 2012, the republican and democratic parties would change their campaign strategies and treat the black voter with the same amount of respect they now give the Jewish or White vote. As things stand from this election, in 2012 blacks will receive the same low priority and lack of commitment as in the past. Why? Because blacks don't ask for anything for their vote, and even when the democratic candidate promises them NOTHING, they will still overwhelmingly give them their vote. Sounds like FREE money to me. They are happy with meaningless symbolic gestures and milestones and squander their vote in the same manner they squander their economic strength.

If you want to vote, at least learn how to do it EFFECTIVELY and INTELLIGENTLY based on what your candidate can do for you, rather then what you can do for your candidate.

Bill Clinton was the President of the United States during the MMM, so it was not surprising that he attended. Afterall, it was the BLACK VOTE that played a major role in his presidential victory, so it would have been extremely odd for him not to attend the MMM, especially since it was so close to the White House.

Again, you failed to recognize the fact that Obama was at the MMM. Again, who was Obama in 1995?

Again, the person who is most responsible for the MMM, Louis Farrakhan, has endorsed Barack Obama.

Again, the #1 Black political leader during the MMM, Jesse Jackson, has endorsed Barack Obama.

The Black Congressional Caucus, the most influential Black political body in COngress, has endorsed Barack Obama.

Like I said, you and the rest of the malcontents can always vote for Cynthia McKinney. I am sure you guys and gals are good at picking losers, so vote away.

As for the inferior complex comment, it is OBVIOUS that you and the rest of the malcontents are pregnant with that social disease.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Excuses.
Obama is the Presidential candidate (I won't say black candidate, simply because Obama does not wish to be labeled as this) for the democratic ticket, yet he refused to attend the State Of Black America Conference which annually reviews BLACK AMERICAN ISSUES, while Hillary Clinton did.

As I stated, if Obama was present at the MMM it would be acknowledged on the MMM website. I was there. Obama was not. If he was, he kept a very low profile or attended incognito.
Please post one picture op showing Obama in attendance. There were many Chicagoans in attendance and Obama ran the next year. Plus Farrakhan is based out of Chicago.

As I said, Farrakhan endorses Cynthia McKenny also, and he OPENLY supports Rev. Wright as well.
Farrakhan has NOT pledged any votes to Obama or McKenny, so what's your point?
Jackson? Who cares.

Yes, I am a malcontent.
I am NOT one to give my vote to those who have not earned it with no promised offer of any ROI. There obviously are many more CONTENTED Negroes who squander their vote and their money to maintain status quo. I sincerely hope you don't lend your money out or invest in this way.

Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Like I said, you and the rest of the malcontents can always vote for Cynthia McKinney. I am sure you guys and gals are good at picking losers, so vote away.

^ Why is he still complaining here? Just vote for whoever you feel is best for the job. If you want to vote for a losing candidate fine.
Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Just because the candidate wins does not equate to a win for black voters fool.
Please illustrate where I am wrong by presenting the commitments Obama has made to black voters. You or he cannot, therefore your thinking is irrational. [Cool]

Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
quote:
Just because the candidate wins does not equate to a win for black voters fool.
^ This is because though realizing he won't singularly appeal to the wishes of African-Americans due to his populist platform, I believe his presidency would do good for both the image of America at large as well as black americans.

I also don't wait for others to make the changes I want for me, I become a productive person instead complaining about black issues on web boards.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mmmkay:
I believe [/QB]

Like a woman who buys a pair of shoes because she "believes" she'll look good in them, this is essentially the sole basis for your decision.

Israel doesn't simply "believe" Obama will continue to send US tax dollars to Israel. Obama has made the commitment.

Would you like to share the factors contributing to the foundation of this "belief"?
I'd be very interested in hearing them.

Everybody is already doing what they can to improve their lives so your mentioning it is a insignificant.
Aggressive political change is needed to go beyond black individual effort, and not the "American" BS Obama is spouting.
Every past President has run on "American" issues.

Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
quote:
Aggressive political change is needed to go beyond black individual effort, and not the "American" BS Obama is spouting.
In any case, your preferred candidate is simply not going to become president of the United States of America. You already know that.
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Meninarmer, would you have this discussion if a "white" was the democratic presidential candidate? Or is it only valid for a "black" to campaign rigorously against a "black" candidate?

"Blacks" are "Blacks" worst enemies!

SEEKING
Member # 10105

Rate Member
quote:
^ Excuses.
Obama is the Presidential candidate (I won't say black candidate, simply because Obama does not wish to be labeled as this) for the democratic ticket, yet he refused to attend the State Of Black America Conference which annually reviews BLACK AMERICAN ISSUES, while Hillary Clinton did.

As I stated, if Obama was present at the MMM it would be acknowledged on the MMM website. I was there. Obama was not. If he was, he kept a very low profile or attended incognito.
Please post one picture op showing Obama in attendance. There were many Chicagoans in attendance and Obama ran the next year. Plus Farrakhan is based out of Chicago.

As I said, Farrakhan endorses Cynthia McKenny also, and he OPENLY supports Rev. Wright as well.
Farrakhan has NOT pledged any votes to Obama or McKenny, so what's your point?
Jackson? Who cares.

Yes, I am a malcontent.
I am NOT one to give my vote to those who have not earned it with no promised offer of any ROI. There obviously are many more CONTENTED Negroes who squander their vote and their money to maintain status quo. I sincerely hope you don't lend your money out or invest in this way.

Yes, he is the Presidential candidate of the United States of America, not the Presidential candidate for Black America. No African American running as the “BLACK CANDIDATE” for the Presidency of the United States will ever win. I know that might be difficult for you to comprehend, but I am sure it will sink in one of these days.

You keep bringing up Hillary and Bill Clinton for what purpose? Oh yeah, you’re bringing them up because you’re saying that of a White person can attending (more like pandering) how come an African American like Barack Obama did no?

It appears that you’re clueless about the political landscape of American and how it works. Dispute all that you say about what Hillary Clinton did, BLACK AMERICAN OVERHWELMINGLY VOTED for Barack Obama. Despite all that you said about what Hillary Clinton did and Barack didn’t, Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson, the Congressional Black Caucus, Julian Bond, John Lewis, South Carolina's largest African American newspaper, Illinois Black legislators, Chicago Defender, Reverend Joseph Lowery (one of the cofounders of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) and The Coalition for the People’s Agenda, and a close friend of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.), Martin Luther King’s family, Roger Wilkins and many other prominent African Americans and Black organizations have endorsed Barack Obama. Your voice in the wilderness must be a very lonely one.

MY point is a very simple one. The man who organized and executed the MMM has given his blessings to Barack Obama, so your yap about Barack not attending the MMM, which he did, is just pure hot moisture coming from your fingertips.
This is what Louis Farrakhan has to say about Obama…..
quote:
In his first major public address since a cancer crisis, Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan said Sunday that presidential candidate Barack Obama is the "hope of the entire world" that the U.S. will change for the better.
The 74-year-old Farrakhan, addressing an estimated crowd of 20,000 people at the annual Saviours' Day celebration, never outrightly endorsed Obama but spent most of the nearly two-hour speech praising the Illinois senator.
"This young man is the hope of the entire world that America will change and be made better," he said. "This young man is capturing audiences of black and brown and red and yellow. If you look at Barack Obama's audiences and look at the effect of his words, those people are being transformed."
Farrakhan compared Obama to the religion's founder, Fard Muhammad, who also had a white mother and black father.
"A black man with a white mother became a savior to us," he told the crowd of mostly followers. "A black man with a white mother could turn out to be one who can lift America from her fall."

How about that? Mr. Fard, the Black Nationalist and founder of the Nation of Islam, had a White mother. I guess he was a sellout too??

Anyhow, unlike you, I am extremely confident that President Barack Obama will be the best voice for Black America moreso than any other President of the past. Moreover, I am also confident that he will prove to be the best voice for Africa moreso than any other USA President of the past.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mmmkay:
quote:
In any case, your preferred candidate is simply not going to become president of the United States of America. You already know that.
You DON'T GET IT!
It's NOT about MY candidate or YOUR candidate. It's about understanding the political process and consolidating an EFFECTIVE black voting block that is taken seriously.
If anything, the way blacks have irrationally fallen in line for Obama based on "feeling" and not promised compensation merits the same type of political disrespect they have always received.

The point is, it's OK for Obama to be AFRAID to give the impression he cares about black America. He is after all, a groomed career politician the same as Condellezza Rice.

What isn't acceptable is BLACKS being AFRAID to ask for compensation for their votes. The combination of Obama being AFRAID, coupled with black America being AFRAID (assuming this is not just political stupidity), is not a good sign, nor a good partnership for future growth forecasting.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Meninarmer, would you have this discussion if a "white" was the democratic presidential candidate? Or is it only valid for a "black" to campaign rigorously against a "black" candidate?

Had Clinton won the nomination she would be more aggressive (less intimidated) about standing in front of the black equivalent of AIPAC and making commitments to black voters.
After all, she and not Obama attended The State Of Black America Conference and stated what she would do to resolve some of the presented issues.
I'm sure the GOP and political analysists have anticipated this as I'm sure both anticipated Obama receiving overwhelming black support without making any political concessions.
After all, didn't black America overwhelmingly stand behind O.J. who could care less about black America.

SEEKING
Member # 10105

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Had Clinton won the nomination she would be more aggressive (less intimidated) about standing in front of the black equivalent of AIPAC and making commitments to black voters.
After all, she and not Obama attended The State Of Black America Conference and stated what she would do to resolve some of the presented issues.
I'm sure the GOP and political analysists have anticipated this as I'm sure both anticipated Obama receiving overwhelming black support without making any political concessions.
After all, didn't black America overwhelmingly stand behind O.J. who could care less about black America.

If you do not understand why Obama did not attend that conference, then you truly do not understand the dynamics of politics in America, especially when it pertains to the first African American making a serious and sustain bid for the White House, as Obama is doing.

Barack Obama cannot win the White House without a significant amount of the WHITE VOTE in the so-called SWING STATES, so how is he going to accomplish this being the "BLACK CANDIDATE?" In fact, how is any African American going to be the President of the United States campaigning as the "BLACK CANDIDATE?"

Please wakeup out of your slumber and face reality!

By the way, why did Black America stand behind OJ....surely you know why?

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com