EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Racist Fulanis (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Racist Fulanis
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for awlaadberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Watu:

Most of them were also lower-class Fulanis and not the noble pure Fulanis.

Who told you this???
Posts: 895 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for awlaadberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Most of them were also lower-class Fulanis and not the noble pure Fulanis.

Are these lower-class Fulanis? Read about them.

-

Abdu-l-Rahman Ibrahim Ibn Sori a.k.a. Abdul-Rahman was a prince from West Africa who was made a slave in the United States. In 1828, he was freed after spending 40 years in slavery by the order of President John Quincy Adams and Secretary of State Henry Clay after the Sultan of Morocco requested his release.

Posts: 895 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
 -

Ayuba Suleiman Diallo (1701–1773), also known as Job ben Solomon, was a famous enslaved Muslim who was a victim of the Atlantic slave trade...Diallo came from a prominent Fulbe family of Muslim religious leaders. His grandfather had founded the town of Bondu.

awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
 -

Omar ibn (Said) Sayyid (1770-1864), was a Fulani. He was taken from a famous family of teachers from Fuuta Tooro in present day Senegal.

Omar ibn Said (1770–1864) was born in present-day Senegal in Futa Tooro, a region between the Senegal River and Gambia River in West Africa, to a wealthy family. He was an Islamic scholar and a Fula who spent 25 years of his life studying with prominent Muslim scholars in Africa. In 1807, he was captured during a military conflict, enslaved and taken across the Atlantic Ocean to the United States. He escaped from a cruel master in Charleston, South Carolina, and journeyed to Fayetteville, North Carolina. There he was recaptured and later sold to James Owen. Said lived into his mid-nineties and was still a slave at the time of his death in 1864. He was buried in Bladen County, North Carolina. Omar ibn Said was also known as Uncle Moreau and Prince Omeroh.

awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
 -

Salih Bilali came from an aristocratic and powerful family of Masina, present day Mali. He was born around 1765.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You loons don't have anything better to do than to argue the same old stuff day in, day out.

Either that or you guys are dumber and lower intelligent than I thought.

You can't even spot the race trolls until they say something blatent. It might even be the same 1 or 2 posters using different aliases.

How did your brains get so pitiful?

Now watch two weeks from now it will be the same type posting with a different username and you guys will follow him as he pulls you by your chains.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nobody is going to 'whitewash' pure Negrid populations.

And who would those be?
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watadummy has officially been DEBUNKED. His b.s. was exposed the second he posted nonsense about "pure negroids" and "caucasoid ancestry". I'm telling you guys he is not African but a south Euronut by the name of Sammy.

If by any chance he is African he is nothing more than a Horn African version of Uncle Ruckus ready to kiss the asses of his Euro-colonial masters and their false Hamitic race nonsense.

Next thing you'll know he'll create a thread about the Tutsi having caucasian ancestry! LOL [Big Grin]

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jehuti

Are you not indochinese, yourself? How come you have the moniker of an African God? Are you half African, or were you an African in your past life?

Why not choose Chuung, or Moon, or Kwooksung, the names used by your Indochinese ancestors?

Why do you fake yourself off as a child of the African Gods?

Lion!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I'm not Indochinese but FILIPINO. There is a difference, but I don't expect an ignoramus like you to understand it.

Don't get mad at me cuz your idol Haile Selassie was as brainwashed as Watu and looked down on you as a "negro". [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary

You are an Indochinese housekeeper imported into Georgia to serve some "kind-hearted liberal christians." It is good to see they let you use the internet often.

However, if you must participate here, then choose a name from your side, like Chuung, or Moon, or Kwooksung, the names used by your Indochinese ancestors. Ping pong chung would also do. [Embarrassed]

But keep away from Africa, you filthy bytch! You are a sell out.

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halle Salasse was beyond his time, He did not identify with Negro term because it was a term created by 19th/18th century Europeans to ridicule and subjugate Africans. His people of Ethiopia not any African called themselves "Negros" nor did they add the baggage them term implies.

Halle Salasse said during the Height of Apartied and Jim Crow White Supremacy, that the Terms black and White should be eliminated from Humanity and Human speech an act that if mentioned to the average White during that time might result in Mob Lynchings, this was before The White Man let simple minded black people who identified as Negros that there is no such thing, that Genetics proves it wrong.

Halle Salasse did'nt need a white European who only became signifigant in the 17th and 19th centuries to tell him who he and his people were and are. Halle Salasse's Royalty and Royal blood goes back to Amum, and Dm.t and Punt Ta-Neteru, God's Land the Highlands of Ethiopia.

White European "Caucasians" did'nt even know how to Bathe when his Ancestors were Ruling In Axum, why should he entertain any Descriptor by people inferior to him???

Halle Salasse was a REAL BLACK man.
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ I'm not Indochinese but FILIPINO. There is a difference, but I don't expect an ignoramus like you to understand it.

Don't get mad at me cuz your idol Haile Selassie was as brainwashed as Watu and looked down on you as a "negro". [Embarrassed]

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are all missing the internal African dichotomy
between blacks and reds that has nothing to do with
Euro applications of black, white, Hham, and Shem
even by Africans untouched by Abrahamic religions
who too differentiate blacks from reds outside any
western applications but which westerners used in
administering the Speke originated Hamitic hypothesis.

Non-Africans need to shut their mouth in labeling
someone as brainwashed or taught by Euros when
they consider themselves red instead of black
using the age old internal African colour system
something, which being non-African, they can know
absolutely nothing about at all in the least.

In regards to Ethiopia and H.I.M I suggest perusing
J.A. Rogers' The Real Facts about Ethiopia

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^
Yes, but Africans have never applied the absolute Racist, Down Graded, Subjugated ideologies Europeans applied to the Term Negro. Like all populations Africans recognized the variety within each other but I await a documented source that the Egyptians, Ethiopians, Tauregs considered Africans darker than them to be Animals only good for slavery because they were Darker and had thick lips the Red Asiatics were Superior in intellect because of their Skin Color. Nor do we see Lighter Africans comparing other Africans to Apes.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I don't think you know the derogation and
hierarchy Africans made for each other. Africa was
no land of brothers and sisters promoted by some
idealogues. Africans are human with all the foibles
of looking down on those with physical differences
that nearly all humanity posseses.

I don't know anything about any Africans thinking
of other Africans as animals but some Africans for
sure thought of some other Africans as fit for menial
slavery.

I think the oldest record of this is Herodotus' who
reported Garamantes slave hunting Rock Burrower
Ethiopians.

The latest one would be Ahmed Baba's treatise on
which "tribes" were fair game for slave hunters
versus which who should not be enslaved. Colour
was one of his criteria.

This is something we have to face and own up to.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Old Doctore
Member # 18546

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Old Doctore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've truthfully never heard any West African refer to the Fulani as "red" alTakruri. Ever!!! and I'm from Algeria/Mali. The only people designated with such a term are some Tuaregs and Maures, and in general people from the northern Maghreb. African red literally means "swarthy" to be honest. The Fulani are regarded as "blacks". They are various terms to describe the different tones of black though.

Reds

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boaz/3634563078/
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/203/505221613_743a90ab10.jpg
http://aurel.smugmug.com/photos/353275824_shaQb-L.jpg

Blacks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebastien-banuls/4026338369/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/by-chris-g/4957633951/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/imagine1day/5547791510/in/set-72157626319439970/

Also I just realized that the term "Beriberi" you used in the other thread to describe Tuaregs or other "Berbers" refers to anybody from Kanem-Borno, i.e. Kanuri and Kanembou people. Maybe highlighting a distant past in which the Wodaabe were enslaved by the Kanemite Empire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Afrika-Kanem-Bornu.png
http://books.google.com/books?id=xP_jUdvbGPIC&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=red+and+black+fulani&source=bl&ots=F61tLvgoPG&sig=oJbsh0-ha0o-HonZwbgf_7LW548&hl=en&ei=4OqHTbzPO-qE0QGh2K3rDQ&sa=X &oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCsQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=red%20and%20black%20fulani&f=false

Posts: 129 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Who gives a **** where you're from?
It's irrelevant, utterly meaningless.

Bambara call Fulani red monkeys.

I personally have heard some Africans refer to
Fulani as the white man of Africa without being
corrected by any Fulani present.

Do you know the Pulaar/Fulfulde word for red?
Is there any particular Fulani group that calls
itself that?

Of course by western usage all inner Africans are
black and recognize themselves as such. That has
nothing to do with the internal usage of red and
black before any Euro whites came to Africa.

In the particular context I cited the author was
explict who was meant by Beriberi and it was not
Kanuri in that instance. I expected you would not
know when the word is applied to who and under
what circumstances. You jumble up everything out
of context and spread confusion over what you
know nothing about which is why I chose to ignore
you in that thread and will do so in this one too.

The Old Doctore
Member # 18546

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Old Doctore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Who gives a **** where you're from?
It's utterly meaningless.

Bambara call Fulani red monkeys.

I personally have heard some Africans refer to
Fulani as the white man of Africa without being
corrected by any Fulani present.

Do you know the Pulaar/Fulfulde word for red?
Is there any particular Fulani group that calls
itself that?

Of course by western usage all inner Africans are
black and recognize themselves as such. That has
nothing to do with the internal usage of red and
black before any Euro whites came to Africa.

I'm from the region that your so damn interested about and I'm in daily contact with the people you seem to have some sort of obsession with. My girlfriends half Fulani and I've never heard them describe each other as "red" before, nor have I heard other African from the region describe them as such.

Really now? Thats a first, even when considering that I grew up in a predominantly mixed Bambara and Fulani district in southern Mali.

"the white man of Africa" oh please. Some of you Aframs really need to drop your assumption that the Fulani are some sort of high yellow mixed class so distinct from the surrounding populations.

Go to page 39 and 40...

http://books.google.com/books?id=xP_jUdvbGPIC&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=red+and+black+fulani&source=bl&ots=F61tLvgoPG&sig=oJbsh0-ha0o-HonZwbgf_7LW548&hl=en&ei=4OqHTbzPO-qE0QGh2K3rDQ&sa=X &oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCsQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

"There has been a number of misconceptions about the Fulani being the "red men"."

The Fulani have four terms/categories to describe the different skin tones of "black" people, in which they are included; they are "Very Black"/Balego, "Light Black"/Bayo, "Reddish Black"/Bodego, and "Very Light"/Danejo.

You knew what I was talking about, did you not? That is all that matters when I'm addressing you in particular. You chose to ignore the other thread because you were unable to clearly respond to my questions... you always leave loose ends to your responses.

Posts: 129 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Haalaaji. Yeeso wamnde kaado kordo.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Doctore:

"the white man of Africa" oh please. Some of you Aframs really need to drop your assumption that the Fulani are some sort of high yellow mixed class so distinct from the surrounding populations.

I agree with this, and the sad thing is, some of them refuse to be educated. They'd rather sit in the comfort of their keyboard desk and carry themselves as "armchair" experts, with no real world experience with Africans that they obsess about, and instead bask in self-soothing fairy-tales about said people.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Aan meerreejo.
Mi mawdo sey dalaayam.

The Old Doctore
Member # 18546

Rate Member
What is this supposed to prove? That you speak Fula? That you are Fulani? I'm not stupid. [Wink]

Where are you from?

The Old Doctore
Member # 18546

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
quote:

I agree with this, and the sad thing is, some of them refuse to be educated. They'd rather sit in the comfort of their keyboard desk and carry themselves as "armchair" experts, with no real world experience with Africans that they obsess about, and instead bask in self-soothing fairy-tales about said people.
Exactly, 100% co-sign. The thing is, the Fulani are really not that different from most other neighboring populations like the Serer, Wolof, and Mande. Thats why I don't understand where Al's coming from... his point about the Bambara seems the most outlandish, since I'm from Mali. "Red" monkeys? [Roll Eyes]
The Old Doctore
Member # 18546

Rate Member
Differentiate between the Bambara and Fulani

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4044/4432836423_9db6416627.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2779/4433912326_e795f71cbc.jpg
http://www.joshuaproject.net/profiles/photos/p19249.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4428479505_898dac86e7.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2797/4302811951_f3bcc27cbc.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/140877008_bbb5fff83f.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/378780501_017b666067.jpg
http://images.art.com/images/products/regular/13547000/13547815.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_V0TKPh8oGhU/S87nMQtqFxI/AAAAAAAAU90/dS7ek0XavWU/DSC_4869.JPG
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af18/oditous2/Africa/03_04_19_Guinea_Conakry_Pulaar_W-1.jpg

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Exactly, 100% co-sign. The thing is, the Fulani are really not that different from most other neighboring populations like the Serer, Wolof, and Mande. Thats why I don't understand where Al's coming from... his point about the Bambara seems the most outlandish, since I'm from Mali. "Red" monkeys? [Roll Eyes]

I want be clear that my last post was not specifically directed at al Takruri, since I noticed he started not writing in English after that, but posters here, like say Watu, Ironlion, etc in general who make generalizations about the Fula and other African groups that they have not actually interacted with in real life on the turf of these ethnicities in Africa. I wholly agree with your point that "the Fulani are really not that different from most other neighboring populations like the Serer, Wolof, and Mande"; it is generally rare for western Africans to refer to one another in animal expletives, but hey, I can't say I know the ins and outs of every western African group's internal culture.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Old Doctore
Member # 18546

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I want be clear that my last post was not specifically directed at al Takruri, since I noticed he started not writing in English after that, but posters here, like say Watu, Ironlion, etc in general who make generalizations about the Fula and other African groups that they have not actually interacted with in real life on the turf of these ethnicities in Africa. I wholly agree with your point that "the Fulani are really not that different from most other neighboring populations like the Serer, Wolof, and Mande"; it is generally rare for western Africans to refer to one another in animal expletives, but hey, I can't say I know the ins and outs of every western African group's internal culture.
yeah I know
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Really? I don't think you know the derogation and
hierarchy Africans made for each other. Africa was
no land of brothers and sisters promoted by some
idealogues. Africans are human with all the foibles
of looking down on those with physical differences
that nearly all humanity posseses.

I don't know anything about any Africans thinking
of other Africans as animals but some Africans for
sure thought of some other Africans as fit for menial
slavery.

I think the oldest record of this is Herodotus' who
reported Garamantes slave hunting Rock Burrower
Ethiopians.

The latest one would be Ahmed Baba's treatise on
which "tribes" were fair game for slave hunters
versus which who should not be enslaved. Colour
was one of his criteria.

This is something we have to face and own up to.

Hey Altakuri. I'm only slightly familiar with the Treatise of Ahmad Baba and have only read secondary sources and debates concerning his intent (mostly from Hunwick and his colleagues). Could Ahmad Baba's opinion on slavery instead not be connected to one's status in Islam? In other words, can color truly be considered a criteria if Ahmad Baba called himself 'es Sudane' or if in the absence of color designations, Muslims in general were never to be enslaved as were the pagan ethnic groups mentioned? Did Ahmad Baba know of any ethnic 'reds' whose population was not predominantly of Muslim orthodoxy?

^This is not a challenge, it's a request for clarification.

I cannot comment either way on your personal experience and neither will I doubt it.

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apocalypse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps it is an African retention but when I was a child in Trinidad it was not unusual to hear a light skinned person being called Red Monkey:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/woman-magazine/The_Perception_of_Beauty-105580298.html

quote:
I have lived the opposite to this," she said. "I was born extremely fair. I still am very fair, and throughout my life, I have suffered with the names "Yellows", 'Red Monkey', 'Beck-a-Neck' and 'Pale'. I was told that I had no blood and that I should stand in the sun, that I was not finished baking and that I was raw flour. I was all sorts of derogatory things. I did not choose my complexion and the way I would turn out. That was how God made me, but for years, because of some of the things I had been told, I saw myself as ugly. And, just as there are skin creams to 'correct' dark skin, there are tanning shops to 'improve' light skin

Posts: 1038 | From: Franklin Park, NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Grabs popcorn.)
[Smile]

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apocalypse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlike the United States where, among blacks, a light skinned black is refered to as yellow in Trinidad light skinned blacks are refered to as Red. Again, perhaps this is a retention from West Africa. Although the same usage is common among Indo-Trinidadians.

quote:
Reds.....a light skinned person of mixed or African descent

http://www.izatrini.com/trini_dictionary.html

quote:
Redman- A lightskinned person, usually a mixture between European and African
http://berdina.tripod.com/tankalanka5.htm
Posts: 1038 | From: Franklin Park, NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse:
Unlike the United States where, among blacks, a light skinned black is refered to as yellow in Trinidad light skinned blacks are refered to as Red. Again, perhaps this is a retention from West Africa. Although the same usage is common among Indo-Trinidadians.

quote:

quote:

A light-skinned person is referred to as "red" by the Arabs, too.
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[/b].
Zoo boy, you mean like how you "personally know" Emperor Haile Selassie when you "used to live in Ethiopia", which I have shown to be a symptom of your demented mind? Is it scatologia or is it schizophrenia? [Razz]
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apocalypse

Def a retention of African traits
In Surinam they describe people with red skin "reddie" (pronounced like chimney)

They have a host of "bantering" terms they use on the darker folks among themselves, that I rather not get into

Im with alTakruri on this one all one has to do is read about the recent clashes between Tuaregs and some sedentary etnicities in Mali

From human psychology perspective, it only makes sense that African ethnies use skin color against each other

Fetisj and obsession with race, and the traits used to determine it, is a human endeavor, not a external import to Africa
(Not saying that this argument was made by anyone)

Combine the ethnic pride they all seem to have with their tendency to more or less "stick together" and the conclusion is quickly drawn
about the potential use of these words when sh!t hits the fan

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to answer this in a way no one else here can.

It's rtepititoius. But, here it goes.

My ancestry is from South Carolina where it was well known that most of the slaves were either Mandingo and Fulani. It is here that African Americans could count up to 20 in the Fullah language well into the 1930's. In my own extended family Fulani cultural traits remain. One of my female relatives have chided me with a strange proverb which i will not repeat. I checked and found that it is classically Fulani.

Therefore, I chose MyRedCow as an alias befroe I chose RWBC.

During slavery, Mandingoes, Fulanis and other Moorish tribes were considered part Arab by White masters. Hence, they became the overseers on several plantations.

http://www.afrigeneas.com/forum-west/index.cgi/md/read/id/107/sbj/black-cowboy-african-culture/

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mojo

mo·jo   /ˈmoʊdʒoʊ/ Show Spelled
[moh-joh] Show IPA

–noun, plural -jos, -joes.
1. the art or practice of casting magic spells; magic; voodoo.
2. an object, as an amulet or charm, that is believed to carry a magic spell.
Use mojo in a Sentence
See images of mojo
Search mojo on the Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1925–30, Americanism ; compare Gullah moco witchcraft, magic, probably akin to Fulani moco'o medicine man ( c represents voiced palatal stop)

Watu,

I got my MOJO workin'

That's my Hoodoo.

Hoodoo = Voodoo in the Carolinas.

The word Hoodoo is from Hausa(Chadic, AfroAsiatic) by the way.

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
So per confirmation from Awlaadberry, Kalonji, and RWBC "red" seems to be a fairly widespread descriptive for lighter skin colors, predating European colonialism, and persisiting after it.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Actually the descriptor "Red Bone" is used to describe the Lighest shade of African Americans...

-

Halle Berry and Alicia Keys and Obama are Yellow because they are really still Dark Skinned(Which is why they are considered Black) Red Bones are even lighter

-

Alot of Redbones can pass as white and it happened back in the day, called "Passing". Im sorry but Halle, Alicia, and even Obama could not Pass as white, but a Redbone like Vanessa Williams sure could.

I think Redbone is basically used for "White" African Americans who are not Socially European.

quote:

quote:

quote:

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Actually people were not really called "White" in other societies. In Hebrew Culture people of Light skin were called "Red" such as the Idumeans. I think the notion of white is from European culture. Even the Egyptians seem to associate Red with Lighter Skinned people..

quote:
So per confirmation from Awlaadberry, Kalonji, and RWBC "red" seems to be a fairly widespread descriptive for lighter skin colors, predating European colonialism, and persisiting after it.

Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Jari wrote:
quote:

Actually the descriptor "Red Bone" is used to describe the Lighest shade of African Americans

Damn I'm slipping! You're absolutely correct about this. Don't know how I overlooked it.
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
Actually people were not really called "White" in other societies. In Hebrew Culture people of Light skin were called "Red" such as the Idumeans. I think the notion of white is from European culture. Even the Egyptians seem to associate Red with Lighter Skinned people..

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Jari.

Hmmmmmm.....

In Ivrit (Hebrew) Edom and Adam means red. But, I think that is for red-skinned ( or reddish brown, San-like).

Lavan/Laban, Abraham's uncle is white in Hebrew.

Either way, the Fullah/Fulani are not White people. They were "black" enough to be enslaved and "black" enough to be discriminated against in Europe and America.

-

-

Wrong terminology, Colorstruck - not Racist.

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Red, White, and Blue + Christian:

Jari.

Hmmmmmm.....

In Ivrit (Hebrew) Edom and Adam means red. But, I think that is for red-skinned ( or reddish brown, San-like).

Lavan/Laban, Abraham's uncle is white in Hebrew.

Either way, the Fullah/Fulani are not White people. They were "black" enough to be enslaved and "black" enough to be discriminated against in Europe and America.

Thats the point I don't think that Red was used for "white" people but for Lighterskinned populations...like the Reddish Brown example. just how Red is still used in different African Diaspora populations to refer Lightskinned Blacks who favor their European blood.

Noted Redbone does not equal white, don't know about other Cultures mentioned but for us Red is still Socially black...

Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Let me get rougher,

The Fulani and Ethiopians are Black. They are darker than many AfricanAmericans and would be too dark for many African Amertican men to marry.

I live in NYC and this is real, unfortunately. We live not in a racist America, but a racist, colorstruck world. Sadly...

-

-

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watu's talk about "Congoids" made me think...one of the sources of the Nile River isn't far from the Congo Basin. If the old rumor about the Egyptians coming from the "Mountains of the Moon" is true, than maybe their distant ancestors did live in the Congo at one point in prehistory. I also recall Keita, in his discussion of royal incest in Africa, citing an archaeological study that found early Egyptian stone tools to resemble Central African ones. That would suggest that the Egyptians are ultimately of "Congoid" ancestry!

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Red, White, and Blue + Christian:

-

- [/QB]

DAMN

[Eek!]

Watu
Member # 18671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are different Fulanis in terms of physical appearance. Many of them don’t have ‘’typical’’ Fulani physical features which are often described as Caucasian. These bogus Fulanis have ancestors who ‘’ate too much of the fruit of the bitter black plum tree’’ as noble Fulanis would put it.

In fact, some of them don’t even have any Fulani ancestry but identify themselves as Fulani because they were absorbed by the Fulani and became part of Fulani society.

Posts: 55 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ And you apparently have eaten the bitter white poison fruit of the white racist man and have even drank from the poison white waters.

You have already been debunked that no "noble" or "pure" Fulani have been enslaved when they obviously have no different from other West African groups.

And for the obvious reason that no different from other West Africans they are indeed truly BLACK.

Wodaabe, a "pure" nomadic Fulani group

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

^ The Wodaabe by the way are found to be 100% African with no Eurasian lineages whatsoever. It is only those groups with the stereotyped "negroid" features who live in coastal areas that show Eurasian admixture, The nomads are the ones who are pure! LOL

Non-black Fulani? Only in your twisted dreams! LOL

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_V0TKPh8oGhU/S87nMQtqFxI/AAAAAAAAU90/dS7ek0XavWU/DSC_4869.JPG
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af18/oditous2/Africa/03_04_19_Guinea_Conakry_Pulaar_W-1.jpg

Point taken, I can't find any, either physically or in skin color.
awlaadberry
Member # 17426

Member Rated:
quote:

Let me try. Are they all Bambara except the 4th, perhaps the 8th, and the 10th?
Watu
Member # 18671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noble Fulanis - a partially Caucasoid peoples

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Unaltered West Africans

-
 -

Posts: 55 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Point taken, I can't find any, .....
Asslicker

The only thing you can find is your mama's rotten pussy! [Embarrassed] You are illiterate and blind. And an insane paedophile fooling around on Egypt Search.

Get lost mooooother fuuuuucker zionist lesbian..., get loooooost! [Embarrassed]

Lion!

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watu

Did you even READ the Article and Study I posted to you that refuted all of your idiotic rambling???

Fulanis are no more "Noble" then other West Africans that they are linked with like the Wolof, Bambara, Yoruba etc.

If it's true you are a somali, Then you are an embarassment to your people. Self Hatred must run deep with you sadly. Why don't you discuss the Facts posted instead of ignoring and posting nonsense.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com