EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » THE DNA TEST THAT FOOLED AND SILENCED AMERICAN AFROCENTRICS (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: THE DNA TEST THAT FOOLED AND SILENCED AMERICAN AFROCENTRICS
Ledama Kenya
Member # 21677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ledama Kenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you expect when these 'scholars' of population genetics and archeology only rely on data produced by biased white geneticist and archeologist to argue their case?.All the whites did was alter the data and finally silence the noisy 'Afrocentrics'.

http://en.lisapoyakama.org/the-egyptian-dna-case-truth-and-lies/

The Ancient Egyptians were black.

http://en.lisapoyakama.org/the-ancient-egyptians-were-black/

All the culture of ancient Egypt was black African how then can the originators of the civilization be white?

Posts: 306 | From: Kenya | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Abusir mummies come from the vicinity of Faiyum, and mostly rather close to the Faiyum mummy portraits in time as well. So chances are good they mostly looked like the Faiyum mummy portraits, which would be consistent with their genetic profile.

The "European" thing is sensationalist crap, they aren't.

Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ledama Kenya
Member # 21677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ledama Kenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by capra:
The Abusir mummies come from the vicinity of Faiyum, and mostly rather close to the Faiyum mummy portraits in time as well. So chances are good they mostly looked like the Faiyum mummy portraits, which would be consistent with their genetic profile.

But why the defeatist attitude among the scholars on this forum as if they believe 100% on the data interpretation. Europeans and Americans have cooked DNA and archeological data before and this is no exception.
Posts: 306 | From: Kenya | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps they are considering the possibility that they were wrong about something.
Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The problem with Coconuts/Negroes (people who are brown on the outside, but white inside) is that they don’t understand how to analyze data and form a conclusion. As a result, when they read a paper they accept what is written at face value without looking critically at the data and making their own interpretation.

First of all, Afro-American scholars have accepted that the Egyptians were Black/African people for the past 200 years, i.e., Carter G. Woodson, W.E.B. DuBois, and J.A. Rogers, and the Senegalese scholar Anta Diop ; but, Negro Apologist : Gates, Kittles and etc, spend their time parroting the status quo line that the Egyptians were a mixed race. This same group attempt to make it appear that the Fulani, Somalis and Ethiopians are black skinned whites, because of their facial features. This is stupid, because man originated in Africa, so the physical features of these populations are African features.

The article by Schuenemann et al, 2017 on the Abusir mummies is basically a discussion of the data that support a Greco-Roman origin for Egypt. But the data on the mummies dating between 992-749 BC, can offers us keen insight into haplogroups carried by Egyptians during this time.

The genomic data from this period is important because the people of Abusir at this time would have been primarily Egyptian. As a result, the mtDNA carried by the Egyptians confirms the reality that the so-called Eurasian haplogroups are nothing more than African haplogroups.

In Schuenemann et al, 2017, there were 100 mummies in the study. A total of 27 mummies were dated between 992-749BC. In Figure 1, you can see the clades carried by these Egyptians. Below are the frequencies of the haplogroups among Egyptians at this time:
  • Haplogroup Frequency
    U 18.5
    T 22.2
    J 18.5
    X 0.0675
    M1a 0.0675
    H 0.0675
    I 0.0675
    HV 0.037
    RO 0.037
    K 0.037
    N 0.037

The presence of these haplogroups among the Abusir population shows that the U,T, and J clades had a high frequency among the Egyptians, and that many of the so called Middle East clades were already present in Egypt before the Greco-Romans, Turks and etc. ruled Egypt.

In conclusion, the Abusir article provides more data on the African origin of Eurasian mtDNA.

Reference:

Schuenemann et al., Ancient Egyptian mummy genomes suggest an increase of Sub-Saharan African ancestry in post-Roman periods, Nature Communications 8, Article number: 15694 (2017), doi:10.1038/ncomms15694

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clyde name one haplogroup that's not African
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The genomic data from this period is important because the people of Abusir at this time would have been primarily Egyptian.
How do you know that? We've already discussed at length that the author admit to large scale migrations in northern Egypt. And why would this genetic data prove an African origin when those hapologroups are found older outside of Africa?

In my opinion... Afrocentrism is in for one hell of a ride trying to claim northern Egypt, which showed signs of cultural influences by Asiatics in the predynastic. I think that the kingdoms that made the dynastic era were culturally African and probably black, but I don't think everyone (especially in northern Egypt) would be considered black today, no.

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
quote:
The genomic data from this period is important because the people of Abusir at this time would have been primarily Egyptian.
How do you know that? We've already discussed at length that the author admit to large scale migrations in northern Egypt. And why would this genetic data prove an African origin when those hapologroups are found older outside of Africa?

In my opinion... Afrocentrism is in for one hell of a ride trying to claim northern Egypt, which showed signs of cultural influences by Asiatics in the predynastic. I think that the kingdoms that made the dynastic era were culturally African and probably black, but I don't think everyone (especially in northern Egypt) would be considered black today, no.

What Asiatics are you talking about. The Elamites, Sumerians, Hattians (Kaska), Hurrian-Mitannis all claimed they were Kushites. Kushites came from Africa

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Slow down a bit buddy lol.
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:
quote:

What Asiatics are you talking about. The Elamites, Sumerians, Hattians (Kaska), Hurrian-Mitannis all claimed they were Kushites. Kushites came from Africa
If Kushites had that DNA, that'd mean they are backmigrants. And where'd those groups say they were from the Kushites.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nevermore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about this Guy? Ramses II

-

I dont see curly hair, huge broad nose, large lips here.

Btw. Ancient egyptians wore wigs. So Hair as represented on sculptures is not a proof for a phenotype.

-

Posts: 95 | From: Europa | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nevermore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 95 | From: Europa | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Rameses II post dates the hyksos periods. So I cannot say that it'd be extremely shocking if he had at least SOME Near Eastern ancestors, yes. I know that many Afrocentrics want to insist that non black Egyptians didn't contribute to Egypt but I am not of this view. I do however think that it's a stretch to suggest the non black northerners, and their descendants that trickled south made dynastic Egypt as well as the dynastic culture that would span thousands of years. The irony is that you'll eyeball the mummy and make a claim on his race, but ignore research that suggests that some stereotypically "Negroid" features were in the people that that would make Egypt.
Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member
@oshun
Ahaaa. OK.
Does your statement also apply to the other direction?
I mean afrocentrist claims that the original greeks and Romans were black? Instead of black Immigrants into white greek and roman culture?
Just Like today in Europe, where you have hundreds of thousands of black Immigrants. Sure they are portrayed in todays art, but they are not europeans. Maybe in 1000 years some afrocentrists will claim, that 2018 Europe was a black continent, Just because few Blacks are today present in contemporaty art.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:
quote:

If Kushites had that DNA, that'd mean they are backmigrants. And where'd those groups say they were from the Kushites.
Read the text of the Sumerians and Elamites and you will see that they claimed kushite origin. There are whites in America from Europe. they still admit their European origin and that they are Europeans. So I don't see why you can't understand that Kushites were proud of their Kushite origin, just like white Americans are proud of their European origins.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

It depends on how you interpret “black”. They have their one distinct traits, but never the less do see themselves as black. Ethnography in African context is difficult when you start to apply western standards to it. You entire take is wrong from the start, to begin with.

You have to go back to the early days of these so called sciences to understand how crooked it all is.

Basically everything we see in modern science is written from the perspective of old stuff.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore:
@oshun
Ahaaa. OK.
Does your statement also apply to the other direction?
I mean afrocentrist claims that the original greeks and Romans were black? Instead of black Immigrants into white greek and roman culture?
Just Like today in Europe, where you have hundreds of thousands of black Immigrants. Sure they are portrayed in todays art, but they are not europeans. Maybe in 1000 years some afrocentrists will claim, that 2018 Europe was a black continent, Just because few Blacks are today present in contemporaty art.

Your point is skewed. And here is why. Within 1000 years from now some eurocentrist will claim there was no black presence in Europe, just like you do now, with those from 1000+ ago. Keep typing and shooting yourself in the foot.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Sensational?

-

quote:
Minerva (/mɪˈnɜːr.və/; Latin: [mɪˈnɛr.wa]; Etruscan: Menrva) was the Roman goddess of wisdom and strategic warfare, and the sponsor of arts, trade, and strategy. She was born from the head of Jupiter, fully armed and clad in armor.[1] After impregnating the titaness Metis, Jupiter recalled a prophecy that his own child would overthrow him.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minerva

Wikipedia documentation on the Max Planck Society:

quote:
The Kaiser Wilhelm Society for the Advancement of Science (German Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Wissenschaften) was a German scientific institution established in the German Kaiserreich in 1911. During the Third Reich it was involved in Nazi scientific operations, and after the Second World War concluded, its functions were taken over by the Max Planck Society.

The Kaiser Wilhelm Society was an umbrella organisation for many institutes, testing stations, and research units created under its authority.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiser_Wilhelm_Society

quote:
Max Planck Society admits to its predecessor's Nazi links

Alison Abbott

Hubert Markl, president of the Max Planck Society (MPS), has accepted that the management and staff of its predecessor society were involved in Nazi war atrocities, and has apologized to their victims.His statement was in response to the findings of a group of science historians he commissioned in 1999 to investigate the role played by basic researchers of the Kaiser Wilhelm Society during the Second World War.

https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v411/n6839/full/411726b0.html

quote:
In 1924, the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) in New York acquired a large collection of both archaeological and documentary material that had belonged to Austrian medical doctor, anthropologist and collector Felix von Luschan. Colloquially termed "The von Luschan Collection", a large portion of this collection consisted of human skeletal remains. Of these remains there are currently 339 individuals designated to the "el-Hesa" sub-collection, which is mainly made up of cranial and associated postcranial elements.

Uncovered in 1907 at Cemetery 2 of el-Hesa, one of the islands of the first cataract of the Nile, this skeletal collection illustrates the difficulties of using osteological material coming from Nubia, at the edge of the Egyptian territory. In particular, physical anthropologists continue to use outdated chronologies when discussing the age of the collection.
This review of the el-Hesa collection provides an updated historical context for the remains, including new evidence dating them from the Late Roman period to the beginning of the Christian era.

DOI:10.2458/azu_jaei_v06i1_harcourt-smith

—Vincent Francigny, Alex de Voogt, Joanna Kahn, William Harcourt-Smith

At the Border between Egypt and Nubia: Skeletal Material from El-Hesa Cemetery 2

https://www.academia.edu/6565600/At_the_border_between_Egypt_and_Nubia._Skeletal_material_from_el-Hesa_Cemetery_2

Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
ISH Gabor
Did african countries already learn how to build a car, a satellite, or even a wheel?
Or do they still live in those slums or running naked in the bush.

Noone denies black people lived in Europe. But they were slaves, Merchants or descendants of slaves, and ceraintly not ethnic greeks or Romans. like todays Blacks in Europe, they didnt contribute anything to european culture.(drugs dont Count).
By the way, enjoy the money my country sends to your third world country [Big Grin]
Or let me gruess, you live in a country with a non-black majority, right. Probably a country inhabited by evil whites or asians or any other non black folk.

Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member
Africa was being hold in colonial bondage, meaning progress was stopped. So by that logic of course they could not have developed economically. Inventing things is an extension of this. 

For your wheel comment, there are civilization that did not need the wheel. The wheel was invented in Asia not by whites / Europeans, it was introduced later introduced to Europe by Romans, who conquered and enslaved Europe. If not for this Europe still would have been living in woods in Celtic mudhuts as illiterates etc.

Suuuureeee. And Also the aborigines in Australia who lived Like stone age folk when whites arrived, where hold in Bondage.
Since whites arrived they at least know what trousers are and wheels. Now the aborigines can even enjoy Planes and Computers. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Without whites and asians all blacks would still live Like their australian aboriginal Brothers, running naked and competing with the mighty Lion
/Dingo for buffalos/ kagaroos [Big Grin]

By the way, enjoy the money my country sends to your third world country [Big Grin]
Or let me gruess, you live in a country with a non-black majority, right. Probably a country inhabited by evil whites or asians or any other non black folk.

Yeah, germanic tribes where iliiterate back Then. But Look at them now. And look to Sudan, Nigeria, congo or any other third world black country . They STILL are iliiterate

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You made a mistake coming to Egypt Search taking dumb stuff. You have no proper argument, so you derailed to some place in Asia, as if that makes your thinking valid. How dumb you are, seriously? “trousers”? What is your educational level? “Planes and Computers” are recent inventions. But we do see precursors of these at the Moors. All this sudden upsurge has a logical reason once you understand the Renaissance and Barock that was influenced by the Moors.

What money is beying send to “3rd world countries?” SMH
It’s obvious you don’t even understand the basics of economy.

quote:
The Kanuri people of Bornu originated from the Tibu or Teda Negroids of Kanem, and of the Eastern Sahara. These Tibu were perhaps the Garamantes of Roman geographers. Their range in ancient times extended from Fezzan to Lake Chad.'
--Johnston, Harry Hamilton, Sir, 1858-1927. 'A survey of the ethnography of Africa, and the former racial and tribal migrations in that continent'

quote:
One of the richest inhabitants of fourth century Roman York, buried in a stone sarcophagus with luxury imports including jewellery made of elephant ivory, a mirror and a blue glass perfume jar, was a woman of black African ancestry, a re-examination of her skeleton has shown.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/feb/26/roman-york-skeleton

quote:

A common misconception is that the Romans in Britain were all born in Italy, had white skin, and spoke Latin. Not so: ever since the Emperor Claudius' multiethnic Roman army landed at Richborough in Kent in ad 43, there has been a black African presence in Britain (Britannia). Two types of Africans came to Britain: those who were Roman citizens, from African families of the ruling classes who had embraced Romanization (the acceptance of Latin and Roman culture), and those who did not necessarily have a choice, such as slaves and soldiers mustered in one of the Roman provinces in Africa.

1. Evidence [...]

2. Highranking officials [...]

3. Soldiers [...]

--The Oxford Companion to Black British History
Edited by David Dabydeen, John Gilmore, and Cecily Jones
http://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/acref/9780192804396.001.0001/acref-9780192804396-e-356

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
the wheel was introduced by the Romans, learn something new every day. [Big Grin]
Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member
quote:
You have no proper argument, so you derailed to some place in Asia, as if that makes your thinking valid. How dumb you are, seriously?
[Big Grin] excuse me, did you forget the Moors who were "colonializing" (invading) spain, Portugal,France? Enslaving hundreds of thousands whites?

By the way, jews were nearly extinct during WW2, still thise 7 millions won more nobel prizes ever since, than all black folk together.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
[Q] Clyde name one subhaplogroup that's not African [/Q]

There are a few but mtDNA M., N, H, R, X etc are all African. Some Native American macro-groups (like A)may not be African.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
the wheel was introduced by the Romans, learn something new every day. [Big Grin]

Yep, you learn something new every day.

When Romans entered and spread they found you living in these! Most of Europe was forest up till a 1000 years ago, no kidding.

-

This period coincided with massive deforestation and marshland conversion programs in Northern and Western Europe, sometimes called the Great Clearances, which were designed to increase the arable land available (Hoffmann, Richard. An Environmental History of Medieval Europe. Cambridge University Press, 2014, pp. 119-131).

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
You have no proper argument, so you derailed to some place in Asia, as if that makes your thinking valid. How dumb you are, seriously?
[Big Grin] excuse me, did you forget the Moors who were "colonializing" (invading) spain, Portugal,France? Enslaving hundreds of thousands whites?

By the way, jews were nearly extinct during WW2, still thise 7 millions won more nobel prizes ever since, than all black folk together.

Hmmm actors actually these Africans were living at Iberian Peninsula long before Spain ever existed. So that was just another of your asshole arguments. Keep it going! These hundreds of thousands of whites is all hype from a crazy novel.

If so most were taken and enslaved by either Ottomans, or when they tried to conquer North Africa and sadly for them became enslaved.

https://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S0033589411001608-gr5.jpg

And this pretentious way of derailing topics is merely hilarious.

Anyway,

A Semitic slave. Ancient Egyptian figurine. Hecht Museum, Haifa.

-

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
the wheel was introduced by the Romans, learn something new every day.
Yep, you learn something new every day.

When Romans entered and spread they found you living in these!

1) the wheel was not intruduced by the Romans
2) yeah, celts were living in huts thousands of years ago, but Look at them now. But Romans and greeks were White Back Then(and now) and showed them civilization
3) this ist how Blacks live TODAY
https://julia.pt/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Kibera-Slum-Nairobi.jpg

There you have your huts. You can intriduce the wheel there. Sure you will be the HERO for them
https://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/1070501/375099958/stock-photo-east-of-windhoek-namibia-jan-unidentified-bushman-family-bushman-people-are-members-375099958.jp g

3) please answer my question.
Do U live in a third world country or in a Country with an EVIL non-black majority (first world asian or White countries)?
And why dont you Join your successful Brothers in Sudan, congo, Nigeria ??

You are obviously a very confused individual. Picking up arguments left and right, but it all doesn’t make sence. Showing a townsship is not going to help your cause. You and your alternative reality. [Roll Eyes]

You are culture anthropologically numb. People like the Khoisan know about modern structure societies and technology, but willing choose not to invoke in this lifestyle.
They simply don’t want it!

And on that note:

-

-

-

-

-

It’s obvious delusionalism is your best friend.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
[Q] Clyde name one subhaplogroup that's not African [/Q]

There are a few but mtDNA M., N, H, R, X etc are all African. Some Native American macro-groups (like A)may not be African.
LOL A is part of the L3(M.N) haplogroup, so it is also African. It is carried by the Mande people.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
@ISH GABOR

yeah yeah yeah,

Live in you dream world (probably a White majority country= First world)

Instead You should support your successful Brothers [Big Grin]
Maybe you can show them a LIGHTER or a wheel or GLASS. For Sure they will chose you to be their king. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
 -

Woooooow
These Pics you show, REALLY represent a typical african City. You are so smart [Big Grin]

Hilarious how you keep repeating the same stuff like a little child, that was debunked already.

Showing the Koisan will not help you. The Koisan make up a very small ethnic group. You are obviously a jackass for not understanding this simple thing.

I already told you, you made a mistake when you subscribed to Egypt Search with the pretense to come write nonsense here. All you get is being made fun of and made looking like a uneducated fool!

quote:

Quick facts:

▪ The Benin walls consisted of a combination of ramparts and moats. 
The ramparts ranged in size from shallow traces to gigantic 20-meter-high (66 feet) around Benin City.
▪ It covered a border distance of 16,000km.
▪ It enclosed 6500km² of community land.
▪ Its construction is estimated to have started as early as 800AD.
▪ It was finally completed around 1460AD.
▪ It provided a defensive barrier against invaders.
▪ Shortly after the wall and the ditch were completed, the Portuguese visited Benin in 1472 AD.
▪ At that time, it was considered the world's largest earthwork. European visitors travel notes described the Great wall of Benin e.g. Dapper 1668.
▪ The Guinness Book of World Records (1974) describes the walls of Benin City as the world's second largest man-made structure after China's Great Wall,
in terms of length, and the series of earthen ramparts as the most extensive earthwork in the world.
▪ Fred Pearce wrote in New Scientist:

http://www.kingdomofbenin.com/the-benin-moat.html

http://www.wallsofbenin.com

https://www.wmf.org/project/benin-city-earthworks

https://www.britishmuseum.org/pdf/KingdomOfBenin_StudentsWorksheets.pdf

http://www.binoandfino.com/blog/2014/9/26/a-shot-of-the-benin-wall

quote:
African History: 8 Facts about The Great Walls of Benin

1 The Walls of Benin were used as a defense of the historical Benin City, formerly of the now defunct Kingdom of Benin and now the capital of the present-day Edo State of Nigeria.
2 It is considered the largest man-made structure lengthwise and was hailed as the largest earthwork in the world.
3 It enclosed 6,500 km² of community lands. Its length was over 16,000 km of earth boundaries. It was estimated that earliest construction began in 800 AD and continued into the mid-1400s.
4 The Benin Walls were ravaged by the British in 1897 during what has come to be called the Punitive expedition.
5 Scattered pieces of the structure remain in Edo, with the vast majority of them being used by the locals for building purposes. What remains of the wall itself continues to be torn down for real estate developments.
6 The Walls of Benin City was the world’s largest man-made earth structure.
7 In all, they are four times longer than the Great Wall of China, and consumed a hundred times more material than the Great Pyramid of Cheops.
8 They took an estimated 150 million hours of digging to construct, and are perhaps the largest single archaeological phenomenon on the planet.
The Benin Empire was a pre-colonial empire located in what is now southern Nigeria. Its capital was Edo, now known as Benin City. The Benin Empire was one of the oldest and most highly developed states in the coastal hinterland of West Africa, dating perhaps to the eleventh century CE, until it was annexed by the British Empire in 1897.

InformAfrica | Informing Africans in diaspora and on the continent

http://www.informafrica.com/african-history/african-history-facts-about-the-great-walls-of-benin/

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
the strange and hilarious part is how you pull something out of your ass that sounds good to you - Romans introduced the wheel, sure why not - then don't even bother to spend 30 seconds of Google to find out whether you are making a total ass of yourself. i suppose at this point your credibility is so far in the negative that there's no point even considering it.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
the strange and hilarious part is how you pull something out of your ass that sounds good to you - Romans introduced the wheel, sure why not - then don't even bother to spend 30 seconds of Google to find out whether you are making a total ass of yourself. i suppose at this point your credibility is so far in the negative that there's no point even considering it.

When they claim shit they get shitted on! It’s that simple!
Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member
@ISH GABOR

funny how you avoid my questions
quote:
▪ Shortly after the wall and the ditch were completed, the Portuguese visited Benin in 1472 AD.
▪ At that time, it was considered the world's largest earthwork. European visitors travel notes described the Great wall of Benin e.g. Dapper 1668.

This ist HILARIOUS [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

In 1472 Europe was in the Renaissance, had Universities in many countries. Leonardo da Vinci invented incredible things, Gutenberg invented the book Press? And you present me a Wall Made of DIRT??? ...SERIOUSLY??? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

You are a JOKER right??? I fully Support you in your career choice. [Big Grin]

You are HILARIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!

Please Visit your tribe in africa (because obviously you dont live there) and intriduce the LIGHTER, WHEEL, GLASS to them.
they will Chose you as their King. Maybe you can collect even more DIRT and build an even bigger DIRTWALL !!! [Wink] [Big Grin]

And Show them some pants too!!!!!!

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
@ISH GABOR

quote:

This ist HILARIOUS

In 1472 Europe was in the Renaissance, had Universities in many countries. Leonardo da Vinci invented incredible things, Gutenberg invented the book Press? And you present me a Wall Made of DIRT?SERIOUSLY???

Please Visit your tribe in africa (because obviously you dont live there) and intriduce the LIGHTER, WHEEL, GLASS to them.
they will Chose you as their King. Maybe you can collect even more DIRT and build an even bigger DIRTWALL !!! [Wink]

And Show them some pants too

The "big dirt wall" is the only argument you have.

Yet skipped: It was estimated that earliest construction began in 800 AD and continued into the mid-1400s.

It clear you didn't read any of the sources, considering your quick and dumb response.

And although it disputed your very claims you had initially. You should have looked at the post prior on, about Walata as well, jackass. [Big Grin]

Sorry you loose again.

quote:
Djenné is the oldest known city in sub-Saharan Africa. Founded between 850 and 1200 A.D. by Soninke merchants, Djenné served as a trading post between the traders from the western and central Sudan and those from Guinea and was directly linked to the important trading city of Timbuktu, located 400 kilometers downstream on the Niger river. It was captured by the Songhai emperor Sonni 'Ali in 1468. Historically, Djenné was known as a center of Islamic learning, attracting students from all over the region who were followers of the Moslem faith. A very large number of terracotta sculptures have been found in the Inland Delta of the Niger River area of Mali, which date from the last centuries of the first millennium A.D. through the 15th century. The style is often referred to as the "Djenné" (or Jenne) style, named after a city that rose to prominence in this area in approximately 500 A.D. and experienced great prosperity until the end of the 15th century.

ECONOMY

Susan and Roderick McIntosh have divided the occupation of ancient Djenné into four important phases. During phase I (ca. 250 B.C - 50 A.D.), occupants of the site seem to have lived in temporary shelters made of grass or brush, to have smelted iron, eaten fish and some domesticated cattle and to have made pottery with sand temper of the type associated with desert peoples to the north. During Phase II (ca. 50-400 A.D.), the people of ancient Djenné grew rice and lived in permanent adobe homes, and the site increased in size. During Phase III (ca. 400-900 A.D.), many more homes were built and were occupied in some cases for centuries. The McIntoshes excavated four inhumation burials and nine urn burials in a crowded urban cemetery that provides evidence of the growth of population and density. It is in such burials that most of the figurative ceramics have been found. Throughout these periods population growth was probably stimulated by trade in iron, copper, fish, rice, gold, and salt between the desert and the Sahel (McIntosh and McIntosh 1981:20). The city probably reached its greatest size late in Phase III/early Phase IV. By 1468 A.D. the site had been completely abandoned and was being garrisoned by troops of the Songhai conqueror Sonni Ali during the siege of the new city of Djenné (McIntosh and McIntosh 1981: 15-17). The McIntoshes have no evidence of the reasons for decline and abandonment, but speculate that the site was the abandoned because it was associated with ancient "pagan" religious practices, and that the increasingly Muslim population wished to move to a new site more suitable for the construction of Muslim holy places, including the great mosque of Djenné.

https://africa.uima.uiowa.edu/peoples/show/Djenné
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
Africa was being hold in colonial bondage, meaning progress was stopped. So by that logic of course they could not have developed economically. Inventing things is an extension of this. 

For your wheel comment, there are civilization that did not need the wheel. The wheel was invented in Asia not by whites / Europeans, it was introduced later introduced to Europe by Romans, who conquered and enslaved Europe. If not for this Europe still would have been living in woods in Celtic mudhuts as illiterates etc.

Suuuureeee. And Also the aborigines in Australia who lived Like stone age folk when whites arrived, where hold in Bondage.
Since whites arrived they at least know what trousers are and wheels. Now the aborigines can even enjoy Planes and Computers. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

But you enjoy the algorithms in the computer because of Blacks. We have math because of Blacks. We have the first human evidence of science from blacks.

quote:
Without whites and asians all blacks would still live Like their australian aboriginal Brothers, running naked and competing with the mighty Lion
/Dingo for buffalos/ kagaroos [Big Grin]

And where would you be without living in the temperate zone, with stable water sources, free of parasites that wiped out your animals whose bodies or dung can replenish and till the soil Your people lived free of a climate that would naturally deplete the soil. Your climate made it easier for you to farm in a way where you could more readily settle in one spot to grow large towns and cities. Your land and climate is where wheels would be suitable for transporting things but it's not as naturally suitable to use something like a wheel in the tropics. You used your developments that were specific to your climate region and then used the inventions from other people of color (that often shared your climate too) to move into Africa and Australia, which was isolated from the rest of the world. Don't act like if Europe was isolated from the rest of the world, it would be the same.

quote:
Yeah, germanic tribes where iliiterate back Then. But Look at them now. And look to Sudan, Nigeria, congo or any other third world black country . They STILL are iliiterate
But they got their start in literacy from Arabs. You wouldn't have a written language to learn if not for Arabs and northern Egyptians, who though not Black sure as hell weren't white. And neither of them would've had anything to give to whites if it hadn't been for the black southerners who'd started the Egyptian written language for northern Egyptians and Arabs to make a simplified alphabet from. Even if stuff like Nsibidi wasn't widespread, it showed an independent Black capacity to begin written languages. And without the wheel you wouldn't have had a printing press, cars, scientific revolution etc. You wouldn't have the capacity to work with your land to develop widespread literacy where you live. But these inventions depended on where you lived. Wheels, which you needed for all these inventions could not be as relevant to use in a tropical climate for agriculture the way they were originally (most often) used by your people.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
@ISH GABOR

quote:

This ist HILARIOUS

In 1472 Europe was in the Renaissance, had Universities in many countries. Leonardo da Vinci invented incredible things, Gutenberg invented the book Press? And you present me a Wall Made of DIRT?SERIOUSLY???

they will Chose you as their King. Maybe you can collect even more DIRT and build an even bigger DIRTWALL !!! [Wink] [Big Grin]

And Show them some pants too!!!!!!

I "avoid your questions"? Are dumb or simple retarded? I have addressed all your arguments / questions.

"1472 Europe was in the Renaissance, had Universities in many countries"

And the impulse was the Moors, which came after the fall to Rome (5th to 15th centuries AD)! [Embarrassed]

-

quote:
"The King Provides Clothes for the Party A variety of fabrics were used to make clothing for the Moors - velvet ('wellus'), woollen kersey ('carsay') and fine Holland linen - which was decorated or fastened with buttons, rings or other ornaments ('mailyeis'). These were paid for by the treasury of King James IV. It seems that these Moors were not servants; it is more likely that they were invited guests staying at the palace. Accounts of the Lord High Treasurer of Scotland, vol. 3, p. 101 (1505)"
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/early_times/docs/acc_scotp101.htm

-

In situ photographs of the Nimes burials, with a synthesis of age and sex of individuals, radiocarbon dates, maternal and paternal lineages. Note that the number near the funerary pit is the recording number of the picture. The stones around the burial SP7089 correspond to a roman wall and some stones were reused to close the funerary pit [Credit: Gleize et al.]

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
But you enjoy the algorithms in the computer because of Blacks. We have math because of Blacks. We have the first human evidence of science from blacks.

I wanted to save the best for last. I already responded with the Moorish influence. And I have proven to the jackass that there was already civilization before Europeans entered (west) Africa. The jackass got nervous and started to put in all kinds of weird pictures and claims. He is typically a white unedited jackass like so many of them. He thinks that his pale skin "automatically" makes him intelligent.

Now this is something many people don't know.

-

Alan Emtage: The Man Who Invented The World’s First Search Engine (But Didn’t Patent It)

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/01/alan-emtage-search-engine_n_2994090.html

quote:

I moved back home 15 years ago after a 20-year stay in the United States, and Africa called me back. And I founded my country's first graphic design and new media college. And I called it the Zimbabwe Institute of Vigital Arts. The idea, the dream, was really for a sort of Bauhaus sort of school where new ideas were interrogated and investigated, the creation of a new visual language based on the African creative heritage. We offer a two-year diploma to talented students who have successfully completed their high school education. And typography's a very important part of the curriculum and we encourage our students to look inward for influence. Here's a poster designed by one of the students under the theme "Education is a right." Some logos designed by my students.

Africa has had a long tradition of writing, but this is not such a well-known fact, and I wrote the book "Afrikan Alphabets" to address that. The different types of writing in Africa, first was proto-writing, as illustrated by Nsibidi, which is the writing system of a secret society of the Ejagham people in southern Nigeria. So it's a special-interest writing system. The Akan of people of Ghana and [Cote d'Ivoire] developed Adinkra symbols some 400 years ago, and these are proverbs, historical sayings, objects, animals, plants, and my favorite Adinkra system is the first one at the top on the left. It's called Sankofa. It means, "Return and get it." Learn from the past. This pictograph by the Jokwe people of Angola tells the story of the creation of the world. At the top is God, at the bottom is man, mankind, and on the left is the sun, on the right is the moon. All the paths lead to and from God. These secret societies of the Yoruba, Kongo and Palo religions in Nigeria, Congo and Angola respectively, developed this intricate writing system which is alive and well today in the New World in Cuba, Brazil and Trinidad and Haiti.

In the rainforests of the Democratic Republic of Congo, in the Ituri society, the men pound out a cloth out of a special tree, and the women, who are also the praise singers, paint interweaving patterns that are the same in structure as the polyphonic structures that they use in their singing -- a sort of a musical score, if you may. In South Africa, Ndebele women use these symbols and other geometric patterns to paint their homes in bright colors, and the Zulu women use the symbols in the beads that they weave into bracelets and necklaces.

Ethiopia has had the longest tradition of writing, with the Ethiopic script that was developed in the fourth century A.D. and is used to write Amharic, which is spoken by over 24 million people. King Ibrahim Njoya of the Bamum Kingdom of Cameroon developed Shü-mom at the age of 25. Shü-mom is a writing system. It's a syllabary. It's not exactly an alphabet. And here we see three stages of development that it went through in 30 years. The Vai people of Liberia had a long tradition of literacy before their first contact with Europeans in the 1800s. It's a syllabary and reads from left to right. Next door, in Sierra Leone, the Mende also developed a syllabary, but theirs reads from right to left.

Africa has had a long tradition of design, a well-defined design sensibility, but the problem in Africa has been that, especially today, designers in Africa struggle with all forms of design because they are more apt to look outward for influence and inspiration. The creative spirit in Africa, the creative tradition, is as potent as it has always been, if only designers could look within. This Ethiopic cross illustrates what Dr. Ron Eglash has established: that Africa has a lot to contribute to computing and mathematics through their intuitive grasp of fractals.

Africans of antiquity created civilization, and their monuments, which still stand today, are a true testimony of their greatness. Most probably, one of humanity's greatest achievements is the invention of the alphabet, and that has been attributed to Mesopotamia with their invention of cuneiform in 1600 BC, followed by hieroglyphics in Egypt, and that story has been cast in stone as historical fact. That is, until 1998, when one Yale professor John Coleman Darnell discovered these inscriptions in the Thebes desert on the limestone cliffs in western Egypt, and these have been dated at between 1800 and 1900 B.C., centuries before Mesopotamia. Called Wadi el-Hol because of the place that they were discovered, these inscriptions -- research is still going on, a few of them have been deciphered, but there is consensus among scholars that this is really humanity's first alphabet. Over here, you see a paleographic chart that shows what has been deciphered so far, starting with the letter A, "ālep," at the top, and "bêt," in the middle, and so forth. It is time that students of design in Africa read the works of titans like Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal's Cheikh Anta Diop, whose seminal work on Egypt is vindicated by this discovery.

The last word goes to the great Jamaican leader Marcus Mosiah Garvey and the Akan people of Ghana with their Adinkra symbol Sankofa, which encourages us to go to the past so as to inform our present and build on a future for us and our children. It is also time that designers in Africa stop looking outside. They've been looking outward for a long time, yet what they were looking for has been right there within grasp, right within them.

Thank you very much.

(Applause)

https://www.ted.com/talks/ron_eglash_on_african_fractals
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Above are the signs of a desperate person with barely any form of education. Taking pictures of off the internet you yourself don't understand. Hilarious dumb you are, now trying to claim Asians as well, when you don't even like the Asian Tiger and are scared of the African Lion to become big and strong. What about the Asians you posted about earlier on, dumbass?

Above are the signs of a desperate person with barely any form of education. Taking pictures of off the internet you yourself don't understand. Hilarious dumb you are, now trying to claim Asians as well. What about the Asians you posted about earlier on, dumbass?

Most of Asia is 3rd World. You dumb individual.

-

Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member
@ISH GABOR
quote:
Above are the signs of a desperate person with barely any form of education. Taking pictures of off the internet you yourself don't understand. Hilarious dumb you are, now trying to claim Asians as well, when you don't even like the Asian Tiger and are scared of the African Lion to become big and strong. What about the Asians you posted about earlier on, dumbass?
I dont Unterstand Pictures? What are you talking about. Looool.

You yourself are a Desperate refugee who lives in evil Europe or any evil asian or Western country instead of being with His own folk the mighty bushmen without trousers, shoes and even the knoledge of how to make a Sheet of Paper. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

But i support you. You are just too HILARIOUS [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Above are the signs of a desperate person with barely any form of education
Btw. Im holding a masters degree from a european technical University.
What education do you have? Or are you avoiding my questions again?

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
I dont Unterstand Pictures? What are you talking about. Looool.

You yourself are a Desperate refugee who lives in evil Europe or any evil asian or Western country instead of being with His own folk the mighty bushmen without trousers, shoes and even the knoledge of how to make a Sheet of Papier.

But i support you. You are just too HILARIOUS

Your "Bush man" obsession is crazy. I am not even a Khoisan, you dumbo. The Khoisan are more in tune and in harmony with nature than you even have been and will be. And they possess old wisdom. Other ethic groups long before europeans entered (west) African had trousers and sandals (shoes). But I don't expect you to know this, since you lack critical thinking skills. You are so dumb its hilarious.

-

https://africa.si.edu/exhibits/beninfr.htm

So again, are obviously too dimwitted to understand the most simplest of things.

Africa and Asia are recovering slowly from colonial oppression and imperial backslashes. And this terrifies you, so you loose again!!! And that is what this is all about, your insignificant pathetic feelings!!! The more fascist you become, the more metaphysical power backfires at you. So keep it going.

-

-

-

-

-

-

quote:
@ISH GABOR
You yourself are a Desperate refugee

I was never a refugee and I am far from being desperate. So I don't know what the hell you are talking about. Oh wait, you're a uneducated jackass. Yeah, that explains it.

You simple can't handle a proper discussion. So your preteen behavior kicks in, or it cold be lack of medication which triggers your "retardedness". And you actually think you've made a valid points by doing so.

Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member
@ISH GABOR
quote:
I was never a refugee. So I don't know what the hell you are talking about. Oh wait, you're a uneducated
I just told you i hold a masters degree from an european technical University. What education do u have?
Maybe you dont know the word "University".
Its a "school" for adults. Introduced in Europe in 1089 AD. Introduced in congo: maybe the next Millenium.

So on which continent did you Go to school, If U did?

So If you are No refugee, Then what are you Doing in a non-african Country?

Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
I would not wave around a degree if you cannot hold a proper conversation. That is the type of basic stuff you're supposed to leave primary education being able to do. Why does this person still not understand that the developments in his people are the result of whites living in the temperate zone land and not being isolated from the rest of the world. It's funny how they talk about the Sahara being a "barrier" but don't want to consider how isolation, climate differences, parasite effects on livestock and more all came together to create inequalities between peoples who WANTED these types of urbanized communities.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Indeed, be quiet … be very quiet and sit your dumb dunce ass down in the corner!

-

-

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-general/british-museum-distorts-history-and-denies-its-racist-past-006675

Ledama Kenya
Member # 21677

Rate Member
quote:

-

Btw. Ancient egyptians wore wigs. So Hair as represented on sculptures is not a proof for a phenotype.

-

Because this is a Ptolemaic greek mummy passed off as dynastic Egyptian of the Rammesside era. I am 100% certain that if a unbiased DNA testing company conducts a DNA on this mummy it will be found with Greek DNA.
Ledama Kenya
Member # 21677

Rate Member
quote:

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
As I said before, this Nevermore individual is dumb as hell.

What about him?

Ramses II

-

A local man, from where Ramses II originated, Southern Egypt.

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
@oshun

quote:
Why does this person still not understand that the developments in his world are largely the result whites living in the temperate zone land and not being isolated from the rest of the world. It's funny how they talk about the Sahara being a "barrier" but don't want to consider how isolation, climate differences, parasite effects on livestock and more all came together to create inequalities between peoples who WANTED these types of urbanized communities
Wait, i thought according to afrocentrists whites learned everything from Blacks? Even the Renaissance as ISH GOBBUR claimed. And even how to build Walls Made of DIRT [Confused]
On the other hand, blacks didnt teach Blacks anything [Confused]

You are dumb and slow.

Early Medieval Muslim Graves in France: First Archaeological, Anthropological and Palaeogenomic Evidence

quote:
The rapid Arab-Islamic conquest during the early Middle Ages led to major political and cultural changes in the Mediterranean world. Although the early medieval Muslim presence in the Iberian Peninsula is now well documented, based in the evaluation of archeological and historical sources, the Muslim expansion in the area north of the Pyrenees has only been documented so far through textual sources or rare archaeological data. Our study provides the first archaeo-anthropological testimony of the Muslim establishment in South of France through the multidisciplinary analysis of three graves excavated at Nimes. First, we argue in favor of burials that followed Islamic rites and then note the presence of a community practicing Muslim traditions in Nimes. Second, the radiometric dates obtained from all three human skeletons (between the 7th and the 9th centuries AD) echo historical sources documenting an early Muslim presence in southern Gaul (i.e., the first half of 8th century AD). Finally, palaeogenomic analyses conducted on the human remains provide arguments in favor of a North African ancestry of the three individuals, at least considering the paternal lineages. Given all of these data, we propose that the skeletons from the Nimes burials belonged to Berbers integrated into the Umayyad army during the Arab expansion in North Africa. Our discovery not only discusses the first anthropological and genetic data concerning the Muslim occupation of the Visigothic territory of Septimania but also highlights the complexity of the relationship between the two communities during this period.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0148583
Nevermore
Member # 22897

Rate Member
quote:
You are dumb and slow
Quote by ISH GEBOR, the "educated" man, probably without a University degree, living in an evil non-black country, complaining about asians and whites and Browns. This ist just typical refugee/ Immigrant or whatever the hell you are.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
@oshun

quote:
Why does this person still not understand that the developments in his world are largely the result whites living in the temperate zone land and not being isolated from the rest of the world. It's funny how they talk about the Sahara being a "barrier" but don't want to consider how isolation, climate differences, parasite effects on livestock and more all came together to create inequalities between peoples who WANTED these types of urbanized communities
Wait, i thought according to afrocentrists whites learned everything from Blacks? Even the Renaissance as ISH GOBBUR claimed. And even how to build Walls Made of DIRT [Confused]
On the other hand, blacks didnt teach Blacks anything, so they never head a Renaissance or a wheel, or GLASS or trousers [Confused]

Whites learned a lot from people of color, including blacks. I'm not saying white people were void of an inventive quality, but it is white supremacy that has created this drive within many white people to want ingenuity without other groups. It's not necessary to even try to fashion history in such a way otherwise. But in fact a lot of white inventiveness builds off unique climate and land structures unique to Europe/temperate zones or it was imported from other countries.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
@oshun

quote:
On the other hand, blacks didnt teach Blacks anything, so they never head a Renaissance or a wheel, or GLASS or trousers [Confused]

Your level of stupidity exceeds everything I have ever encountered. I already have posted that they had trousers, but you are too dumb to grasp simple things. So you are stuck in this world of endless stupidity and mind dribble. And glass came from the Moors and Romans (depending in the technique being used. Before that there was not such thing known to masses of Europe. Stop the delusional garbage and lies.

The wheel goes back to ancient times, in Africa.

-

-

-

-

quote:

Yorkshire clan linked to Africa

The connection was found to date back many generations
People of African origin have lived in Britain for centuries, according to genetic evidence.

Of 18 people they tested, seven carried the rare African haplogroup.

Turi King and Leicester colleague Mark Jobling then commissioned a genealogist to fit the men into a family tree to see how they were related and find clues about where exactly their unusual Y haplogroup came from.

"He could only get them into two trees, one which dates back to 1788 and the other to 1789. He couldn't go back any further. So it's likely they join up in the early 18th Century," said Turi King.

The majority of the one million people who define themselves as "black" or "black British" trace their origins to immigration from the Caribbean or Africa from the middle of the 20th Century onwards.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6293333.stm

quote:
From the 16th century, the employment of Africans became increasingly common in England. Wealthy - and not so wealthy - people in the kingdom might have one or two Black servants, footmen or musicians. Whether these retainers were enslaved or free is often unclear in the documents. However, there were certainly also free Black people in a variety of occupations.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/early_times/elizabeth.htm

quote:
Our knowledge of Black people present in Britain in early times is scanty. However, studies by scholars, archaeologists and historians have pieced together evidence about the lives of Black Romans.

One historian, Anthony Birley, in his work The African Emperor: Septimius Severus, explains that between AD 193 and 211 the Roman empire embraced a multicultural mix of peoples from Syria, Germany, Britain, Spain and Africa. Eight African men had positions of command in the northern Roman legions, and others held high rank as equestrian officers.

[...]

During his time in office, Septimius legalised marriage during military service. There is no evidence to suggest that all the Roman legionaries returned home upon their discharge from military service, so it is possible that some Black Romans married, had children, and remained in Britain after their tour of duty. Perhaps they might be considered to be Britain's first diaspora people -from North Africa.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/early_times/romans.htm

quote:
London has a rich mix of people and cultures from all over the world. The population is constantly changing and people have been coming and going for centuries. In the past years a lot of black and Asian people have settled in parts of Britain. Many years ago, there was an African Roman Emperor, Septimius Severus, who ruled large parts of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. When he came to Hadrian’s Wall in 208AD, there were black soldiers already stationed there, they had travelled right across the Empire.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/clips/z4sfb9q

quote:

-

It was recently suggested that African DNA might be found to be present in the local populations near to Hadrian’s Wall, for instance Burgh-by-Sands. However, this would not conclusively show that the black Roman soldiers on the wall intermarried with the local population because of the problem of admixture. Admixture is a process whereby the DNA of a population becomes diluted over time and it cannot be shown at what period in time that dilution took place.

http://www.blackpresence.co.uk/black-romans/

quote:
Black people in Europe

Engraving of Olaudah Equiano

Engraving of abolition campaigner Olaudah Equiano from the 1793 edition of his autobiography (originally published in 1789)
Maritime archives and library reference 512.EQU/R

A few Africans had visited and lived in Europe, including Britain, since Roman times. From the 1450s the Portuguese transported thousands of enslaved Africans to Spain, Portugal and Italy to work as servants or in the fields. Lisbon, for instance, had a significant African population from the 16th century.

As the transatlantic trade developed, ships' captains and plantation owners brought Africans back to the countries of Northern Europe. They sold them to work, mainly as domestic servants. Many were children.

'Dear Mama, George Hanger has sent me a black boy eleven years old and very honest, but the Duke don't like me having a black.... if you like him instead of Michel I will send him, he will be a cheap servant and you will make a Christian of him and a good boy; if you don't like him they say Lady Rockingham wants one.'

Duchess of Devonshire to her mother, c1790

In Britain Queen Elizabeth was complaining about the number of 'blackamoores' as early as 1596. By the mid 18th century London had the largest Black population in Britain, made up of free and enslaved people, as well as many runaways. The total number may have been about 10,000.

It was regarded as fashionable amongst the upper classes to have a Black servant and they sometimes feature in paintings, such as 'The family of Sir William Young' by Zoffany. There were Black people in many other towns, such as Liverpool, Bristol, Bath and Lancaster. Smaller number of Black people were also found in rural areas throughout the country.

A number of Black people achieved prominence. Ignatius Sancho (1729-1780) opened his own grocer's shop in Westminster. He wrote poetry and music and his friends included the novelist Laurence Sterne, David Garrick the actor and the Duke and Duchess of Montague. He is best known for his letters which were published after his death. Others such as Olaudah Equiano and Cuguano were active in the abolition campaigns.

The legal status of enslaved people in Europe was often unclear. In Britain it was not finally resolved until abolition in 1838, though after the famous Somerset case in 1772 enslaved people could not be sent back to the colonies against their will.

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/ism/slavery/europe/black_people.aspx
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com