EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Fighting Thread (was Egyptian divorcing) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Fighting Thread (was Egyptian divorcing)
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:
quote:
Whats funny is Lara was using "self-deprecating humor", something ugly uneducated people don't practice because they take themselves too seriously.

ROFLMAO sorry, just had to comment here. Is this why you have NEVER shown any form of humour on here, or anywhere? You have a zero humour gene, zilch, nil, nada, this must be why [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] lol that really made me laugh though, such a pity you don't see that. [Big Grin]
Actually I have. I have noted I am clumsy, I have hearing difficulties, I friend my hair during my first visit to Egypt as well as turning into a lobster from sunburn.

I have made numerous self-deprecating remarks, while you spend more time insulting me personally and will not admit to having any personal faults.

whats strange is you actually have used some of those self-deprecating remarks as leverage/insults against me in your "battles".

Now you actually forget when its convenient.

sorry, should have been more clear than just typing that I was referring to HUMOUR, not remarks, HUMOUR which was stated.
I am sorry, I should have explained to you what "self-deprecating humor" is.

Self deprecating humour is when you are able to laugh at your flaws, find humor in your weaknesses and see yourself as a balance between weaknesses and strengths.

In otherwords a person with a morbidly low self-esteem and poor self image cannot practice self-deprecating humor and spend most of their time insulting others.

Does that make sense to you?

Is the term "self-deprecating humor" more clear to you now?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the essential part of debating is explaining how you came to your conclusion.

the rest is noting fact and indicating your opinion.

You continue to state your opinion as fact without explaining why you feel your opinion is fact.

when you declare someone is wrong, then you need to explain why and what the correct information is.

Otherwise you are shuting down a debate because you cannot argue your point because you don't have information to prove anything.

So you have the factual information for your opinions that this is about Debs Egyptian man wanting a divorce from his Egyptian wife who he has been married to for 5 years, so he can go to Debs country and she can't live here?

You also have the factual information regarding a divorced Egyptian man not being able to have a recognized marriage to a foreigner or being cleared for a spousal visa, or is that only Micky's BIL as it didn't seem to apply when you thought it was Debs Egyptian boyfriend getting a divorce to marry her and get a visa?

You also attacked Micky for providing personal details, now you are attacking because there weren't enough personal details.

You seem very confused.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Whats funny is Lara was using "self-deprecating humor", something ugly uneducated people don't practice because they take themselves too seriously.

ROFLMAO sorry, just had to comment here. Is this why you have NEVER shown any form of humour on here, or anywhere? You have a zero humour gene, zilch, nil, nada, this must be why [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] lol that really made me laugh though, such a pity you don't see that. [Big Grin]
Actually I have. I have noted I am clumsy, I have hearing difficulties, I friend my hair during my first visit to Egypt as well as turning into a lobster from sunburn.

I have made numerous self-deprecating remarks, while you spend more time insulting me personally and will not admit to having any personal faults.

whats strange is you actually have used some of those self-deprecating remarks as leverage/insults against me in your "battles".

Now you actually forget when its convenient.

sorry, should have been more clear than just typing that I was referring to HUMOUR, not remarks, HUMOUR which was stated.
I am sorry, I should have explained to you what "self-deprecating humor" is.

Self deprecating humour is when you are able to laugh at your flaws, find humor in your weaknesses and see yourself as a balance between weaknesses and strengths.

In otherwords a person with a morbidly low self-esteem and poor self image cannot practice self-deprecating humor and spend most of their time insulting others.

Does that make sense to you?

Is the term "self-deprecating humor" more clear to you now?

yes it made perfect sense the first time, that's why I LAUGHED, it is a form of expressing HUMOUR, is that more clear to you now?

You may think the remarks you have made were self deprecating homour, in fact they were self deprecating remarks as humour denotes a particular response from others, which if we had made would have been met with another attack. To put it in simple terms for you, if that was humour from you and we had laughed, you would have attacked and not used the necessary humour for it to be classed as 'self deprecating humour'.

I hope that is more clear for you.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and my BIL was married to an egyptian woman , so yes it applies to this thread...end of conversation [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, apologies there for wandering off topic. But you know, threads do meander around. I mean, I can understand Shanta wanting to keep the revolution thread clean, but surely not all threads will be be so regimented. How many decent conversations have you had which stuck to precisely the same topic? How boring would that be?

I thought it was relevant at the point at which I made the post - no less relevant than another poster talking about her sunburn and lunch, anyways. However, for my deviance, I am sorry ladies. And Sono.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no apologies needed [Razz] [Wink]
oh and Monkey can you tell me what "I friend my hair during my first visit to Egypt"....means? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
oh and Monkey can you tell me what "I friend my hair during my first visit to Egypt"....means? [Roll Eyes]

I think she meant 'fried' [Wink]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hold on... Just off to Google translate....

Hang on a minute... I think someone beat me to it!

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=020252;p=1#000010

[Wink]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:

I think she meant 'fried' [Wink]
oh i c , thanks Ayisha [Big Grin] [Wink]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, bash away, bash away!

At this precise moment, no one has notified anything on this thread yet (that has made it through to me), just for the record [Wink]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
No bashing shanta, no need for reports, just patiently waiting the factual information regarding certain opinions stated.

Could be a long wait, have a great time in Dahab! [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, therein lies your mistake (real name removed). Nobody wants to "debate" you because you aren't a scholar or learned person. Nobody gives a crap about your opinion. And yet.. like a mighty little tugboat you harp on YEAR AFTER YEAR as some sort of sage seer of all things Egyptian and Arab and let's not forget Muslim.

Really? Aren't even you sick of hearing your own voice in a closed room? You go on and on and really, just shut up already. YAWN. Your internal ruler on things moral or immoral, legal or illegal is irrelevant to anyone else but you.

Haven't you anything else to do with your time? I think you've lost sight of the fact that you are getting older and older and not making any emotional or intellectual progress in your life AT ALL. I read 3 newspapers a day, and watch myriad news programs, and for whatever reason even with all the turmoil in the middle east and egypt.. you haven't appeared as an expert source on the subject. Not a single time have I heard or seen mention of you.. spend some time sorting that out with your press agent, and take the time to cobble together a new litany.

[ 25. February 2011, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Shanta Gdeeda ]

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:
See, therein lies your mistake (real name removed). Nobody wants to "debate" you because you aren't a scholar or learned person. Nobody gives a crap about your opinion. And yet.. like a mighty little tugboat you harp on YEAR AFTER YEAR as some sort of sage seer of all things Egyptian and Arab and let's not forget Muslim.

Really? Aren't even you sick of hearing your own voice in a closed room? You go on and on and really, just shut up already. YAWN. Your internal ruler on things moral or immoral, legal or illegal is irrelevant to anyone else but you.

Haven't you anything else to do with your time? I think you've lost sight of the fact that you are getting older and older and not making any emotional or intellectual progress in your life AT ALL. I read 3 newspapers a day, and watch myriad news programs, and for whatever reason even with all the turmoil in the middle east and egypt.. you haven't appeared as an expert source on the subject. Not a single time have I heard or seen mention of you.. spend some time sorting that out with your press agent, and take the time to cobble together a new litany.

Are you having problems with your estranged husband again?

How soon are you going to start ranting about the (insult removed)?

It will be interesting to see what underlying issues and their details you'll amend or contort this time.

Like most of the lasses who went on a 'battle' binge on this thread the details of your egy-guy situation evolve, go off course and entirely flip on its head.

Its rare you have anything constructive to add to a discussion unless your egy-guy read the thread and commented on it. You then state his comments and those posts are thee most peaceful resourceful and relax words you put here.

I really don't want to know whats new bullcaca is going on in your life, how much more weight you've gained, because I geniunely feel bad for you.

to be a single parent twice and be left with all the responsiblities twice is pretty awful.

[ 25. February 2011, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Shanta Gdeeda ]

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Sono, personally I find that language offensive and I've reported it.

I just wanted to be up front about it so no one else gets it in the neck.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Sono, the only one in this thread that's gone on a 'battle binge' is you, the only one that has attacked and insulted just about everyone, is you and only you. Now you bring in the offensive language, all from you.

--------------------

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
I'd just like to say, Sono, if you ever want to have a conversation that doesn't resolve around personal slights, orfis, hobbits, gigalos, how your relationship was legitimate whilst the rest of us are all saddos, etc, etc, etc, then actually, I'm happy to. But I think til then I'm going to sign off so far as all this is concerned because it's getting a little bit silly.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
I'd just like to say, Sono, if you ever want to have a conversation that doesn't resolve around personal slights, orfis, hobbits, gigalos, how your relationship was legitimate whilst the rest of us are all saddos, etc, etc, etc, then actually, I'm happy to. But I think til then I'm going to sign off because it's all getting a little bit silly.

There has been hundreds of threads that don't touch on those subjects in which your friends attacked and insulted, ganged up on me time and time again.

So your assertations are completely off base.

The point being the same gang that goes on a blue streak taking these threads into an argument chirping, insulting and berating me on threads I haven't posted to will go on and on.

Its all the same group of "saddos" to use your term which have been taken advantage of in the worst of ways. Yet they insist in outwardly carrying a false happiness. While inside they are brimming over with hate, bitterness and self-loathing fatigue.

Yet this isn't the first relationship in their lives of that nature. Each and ever relationship they've had with a man has been the same, they just can't fess up to the fact that they seek these situations and refuse to withdraw from each situation which is worse than the last.

I am not going to take responsiblity for thier unhappiness. Nor am I going to sit here and pretend to be happy for them.

They all crack at one point, unfortunately this group had their crack during a thread in which I happened to disagree with them and I was not the only username to disagree but I am one of the last usernames who dared to shine a differing opinion on them during their breakdown.

Oh well. THese fascade doen't last forever and eventually these situations will wear them down.

Right now they attempt to wear me down to bring themselves strength and fend off hitting bottom.

What they don't realize is there is a ton of falsehoods they have held as truths just to have something to argue about. Backing out of these bad situations will take more time and more effort and rob them of the delights of off loading the burden of these situations because they still have alot invested in these falsehoods.

Its baggage, all these falsehoods are baggage that weigh them down and make recovery after hitting bottom that much more work.

I have a friend who spent part of his teen years in Miami. THe older widowed women who live there had these types of relationships with refugees from Cuba and the Carribbean island. It was the "cool" thing to do, and plenty of 50s, 60s and 70s novels were written about this lifestyle.

These women tried in vain to live up to these tragic and triumphant characters in these novels.

Yet they ignored the last 1/4 of these novels in which the characters eventually bottomed out, they lost their social standing, they lost their looks, their self-respect and alienated family. Some even lost their fortunes. In real life and in the last 1/4 of the novels they aspired their lives after.

Somehow this defined an era. It sucks, and I feel bad for them. but they always had someone to pick on. Always. Problem for them is everyone around them knew and understood exactly what was happening, they didn't say it to their face until the widows bottomed out and were down, down and going to stay down.

Remember the American expression "kick someone when they are down", well the observers of all this did exactly that. The collective tormented, the one person these widows picked on did not kick them when the widow was down, but did manage to secure benefits from the situation.

I am nearing 40 now. And I am redefining my outlook on life and aging, ES has contributed a great deal to how I will spend the last 40 years of my life. That and all the juicy gossip **** I've heard about the aging rich widows of Miami.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
sad

--------------------

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Sono, I really don't understand where all this comes from. You've said umpteen different things to me in the past - that I'm old, unsuccessful, unloved, ugly, uneducated... Where does all this come from?

You can't do a character assassination on me. You don't know the first thing about me, or the life I lead. If you take a look at my posts - do I sound unhappy? Really, I don't need any of your concern.

I feel incredibly lucky to lead the life I do, to have my health and be surrounded by wonderful people. I'm so ancient I still get asked for ID in the shops [Smile] I have a good job with great training and prospects. I'm comfortable enough financially to do everything I like to do. TBH, I thank God everyday because I feel truly blessed. And if I didn't feel that way - if all this wasn't the case, I'd like to think I would have enough about me to get up and do something about it.

I am sorry you feel ganged up on. As I say, I'm more than happy to have a civil conversation with you but when it degenerates to hurling abuse I think it's time to call it a day. I don't think it does anyone any good.

EDIT: To be honest, I didn't read your post above properly and just presumed you'd be giving me a good slamming. Having gone back and looked at it, you seem to be referring to other people, but the fact remains. You've implied all of the above about me at various junctures and I can assure you, you're so far off base it's overwhelming. So if your psycho profile of me is inaccurate, how many others have you gotten all wrong? The terms of abuse I was talking about in my last post aren't used against you as you say - that simply isn't true. How many times have you been called a sugarmomma, not to mention had your child called a b******? Thread after thread turns into some huge battle about gigalos or orfis and those terms only pop up when you start hurling them at everyone. I don't understand the huge fascination with them anyway?? Who cares what everyone else gets up to???

Anyway. Reckon that's about all I have to say.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Sono, I really don't understand where all this comes from. You've said umpteen different things to me in the past - that I'm old, unsuccessful, unloved, ugly, uneducated... Where does all this come from?

From inside, sono tends to project her own feelings and fears onto others then rips them apart for it and insists we are all liars because we disagree. I think it's a form of self punishment, she throws out what she thinks she deserves.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

From inside, sono tends to project her own feelings and fears onto others then rips them apart for it and insists we are all liars because we disagree. I think it's a form of self punishment, she throws out what she thinks she deserves.
How am I punishing myself?

How are you punishing yourself? Two relationships with guys who used you which left you sucking down anti-depressants.

You lie because lying is a form of entertainment for you.

WHen I repost your previous post to illustrate your current image you project and the image you project of your past is not what you have stated before on ES. To actually show consistency, you call it lying.

By the way Ayisha drunks punish themselves and you've outright prided yourself on your ability to drink away your problems.

quote:

Anyway. Reckon that's about all I have to say.

Read the last line.

You will never quit. http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=007940;p=1#000000

Until you exhaust whatever bad feelings you have about this and start up a new relationship with a local lad you just stop.

Why not take all that energy into finding a new man? You know one you don't have to change your ways for?

And you have yet to actually visit Egypt. Which is something I couldn't understand, why would people even spend much time chatting on ES or making FB "virtual friends" off of ES when they've never even been to Egypt. Alot of wasted energy for a guy you've never met and a place you've never been to.

Oh this is why you side in battle with Ayisha and why you take offense to accountability of your "ulterior motives" for the "battling":

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=007952;p=1#000000

You are in the same boat! Same problem, same obsession.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How are you punishing yourself? Two relationships with guys who used you which left you sucking down anti-depressants.

2 shrinks, meds, rotten life from your own words and a string of one night stands and you project your unhappiness onto me? How many women here or anywhere have NOT had a couple of bad relationships, you certainly have written about more than that in your own life.

quote:
Lied about what? Your fantasy life you made for me is not reality, disagreeing with your fantasy life for me is not lying.

quote:
WHen I repost your previous post to illustrate your current image you project and the image you project of your past is not what you have stated before on ES. To actually show consistency, you call it lying.
My previous post you keep reposting is exactly what I have said on ES, it is past, not present. I lied about nothing.

quote:
By the way Ayisha drunks punish themselves and you've outright prided yourself on your ability to drink away your problems.
When? This is a new addition to my fantasy life from you and has never come from me. Me disagreeing with your fantasy life for me does not mean I am lying, it means you are.

When you pick up snippets from here you should check the actual NAME next to the avatar [Wink]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

And you have yet to actually visit Egypt. Which is something I couldn't understand, why would people even spend much time chatting on ES or making FB "virtual friends" off of ES when they've never even been to Egypt. Alot of wasted energy for a guy you've never met and a place you've never been to.

ROFLMAO hey Monkey, you really should 'visit' Egypt some time soon. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Thanks Sono, I love to start the day with a good laugh [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

2 shrinks, meds, rotten life from your own words and a string of one night stands and you project your unhappiness onto me? How many women here or anywhere have NOT had a couple of bad relationships, you certainly have written about more than that in your own life.

quote:
Lied about what? Your fantasy life you made for me is not reality, disagreeing with your fantasy life for me is not lying.

quote:
My previous post you keep reposting is exactly what I have said on ES, it is past, not present. I lied about nothing.

quote:
When? This is a new addition to my fantasy life from you and has never come from me. Me disagreeing with your fantasy life for me does not mean I am lying, it means you are.

When you pick up snippets from here you should check the actual NAME next to the avatar [Wink]

I am not reading all of that.

Anyhow you had stated you drank your way through your last break up with the child rapist in France.

"Drank until the prozac did its job" is I think what you stated. Still trying to find the thread.

Also you inform me what my history is on ES, when I ask you to post the thread in which I had stated what you are accusing you can never find the thread.

Ah same post in the same thread:

"hen i got on the plane to go home i cried and didnt stop for 3 weeks till the prozac started to have a better effect than the drink. "

That must've been a massive dosage of prozac.

WHich I am sure is why Shanta doesn't want people reposting thread or thread hyperlinks. "Personal information".

Ah this is a good tidbit:

" yes i have wanted to end it many times. Driving from work I have a long fast road, i often thought just one quick turn of the wheel and thats all over. "

And I find this comment just strange:

"Yes i STILL cry often when i think about him. I dont think i will ever find again what i 'thought' i had then. I do think hes sorry now hes lost me but thats his lesson to learn. "

Again very same post same thread. Did you ever realize that the thing between you and him he had everything to gain and all you did was lose?

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum3/HTML/000317-2.html

Anyhow you lie consistantly when I remind you of your past and you deny it, and then you lie about posts I had never written. When I repost your posts and add in actual posts you had posted, you still lie.

I have a "group friend" who has a mother who is mentally disabled and an alcoholic. There is plenty of similarities between you and her.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK can you two please stop with the ancient history or fairy stories or wild speculations? I am inundated with notifies and counter notifies from different people and I can't keep up.

Any more off topic (Topic is: Egyptian Divorcing) will be deleted without warning next time I am on.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Gdeeda:
OK can you two please stop with the ancient history or fairy stories or wild speculations? I am inundated with notifies and counter notifies from different people and I can't keep up.

I got work to do. Stew sono
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Grow up already, why do you assume she'll take your side?

Actually it takes quite a bit of courage to use the term "ancient history" but as long as you assigned the term not me, Shanta I guess "ancient history" is my only tool. [Big Grin]

You and Shanta have an arrangement?

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monkey can you please stop photoshopping your fb pictures trying to make it look like you have been to egypt, we all know it is a lie [Wink]

And is drinking through a breakup unusual? I thought that, along with eating junk food, was the womans prerogative when going through one. And as for prozac, well I've said it before and I'll say it again, a person with even the slightest intelligence would know depression can happen to anyone at anytime. It is like trying to blame someone for having a cold.

Oh I do enjoy sonos little fantasies she makes up about people. I'm disappointed the only things she's come up with about me is that I never went to uni, have no intention of bringing Sam here (he arrives April 2nd), and that I gained 80lb during pregnancy (is that possible?). Meh.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
Monkey can you please stop photoshopping your fb pictures trying to make it look like you have been to egypt, we all know it is a lie [Wink]

And is drinking through a breakup unusual? I thought that, along with eating junk food, was the womans prerogative when going through one. And as for prozac, well I've said it before and I'll say it again, a person with even the slightest intelligence would know depression can happen to anyone at anytime. It is like trying to blame someone for having a cold.

Oh I do enjoy sonos little fantasies she makes up about people. I'm disappointed the only things she's come up with about me is that I never went to uni, have no intention of bringing Sam here (he arrives April 2nd), and that I gained 80lb during pregnancy (is that possible?). Meh.

And this is what Shanta described as "off topic".

yes I have gone through and read about 400 some posts of Monkey, have yet to actually find where she has stated she's actually been to Egypt.

Possibly this is what Shanta is referring to as "fairy tales".

Don't assume WK that just because he's got his visa everything will be fine. Plenty of egy relationships feel apart after he got the visa to the west. Just ask cosmogirl about that one.

And I did repost your comment that you had 80lbs to lose after pregnancy everyone saw your before and after photos. [Roll Eyes]

I am trying to dig up those chummy posts pablo_777 had posted. But I fear this thread will be deleted before I find them.

He's really not as charming and you'd like people to believe.

At least you live with your folks and they will protect you.

Actually now that I remember, you had professed to having your own home and not living with your folks.

Plus I never stated you had never been to college, I stated you would never finish. With all these trips to Egypt, obviously you are not enrolled at this time.

I wouldn't doubt you won't attend college again and won't finish, which was my prediction for you.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

Don't assume WK that just because he's got his visa everything will be fine. Plenty of egy relationships feel apart after he got the visa to the west. Just ask cosmogirl about that one.

He's really not as charming and you'd like people to believe.

Translation: Mabruk WK!!! [Wink]
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
copies of PMs deleted.

[ 26. February 2011, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Shanta Gdeeda ]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
sad. When you read a 2 year old post, same as when you read a 7 year old post talking about 3 or 4 years prior to that, doesnt mean it is NOW. People get over it and move on, you should try that sono.

--------------------

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Any relationship can fail, sadly it happens. However, I have the rare benefit when concerning western/egy relationships of having lived with Sam in England for seven months previously, so it isn’t like we are walking into this blindly. I think you must be amazed that people get visas without abandoning children, shocking ay?

quote:
And I did repost your comment that you had 80lbs to lose after pregnancy everyone saw your before and after photos.
Wrong. You posted a comment when I said I was over 80lb overweight. That is true (albeit I have since lost 60lb). I was over 80lb overweight before pregnancy, and obviously I was still over that after pregnancy. During pregnancy it self, I gained about 25lb I think. Had I gained 80lb during pregnancy I would happily admit this.

quote:
At least you live with your folks and they will protect you.
Well considering he lived here for 7 months and I never needed protecting, I think I’ll be fine. My parents love Sam, the whole time he was here he treated them with nothing but respect.

quote:
Actually now that I remember, you had professed to having your own home and not living with your folks.
When? The only time I have mentioned living away from my parents was whilst I went to uni as I stayed on campus the first year. You decided I lived in a council flat, I didn’t claim this.

quote:
Plus I never stated you had never been to college, I stated you would never finish. With all these trips to Egypt, obviously you are not enrolled at this time.
Ah sorry, that’s right, you made up that I didn’t finish. I think you have just been confused by a previous post of mine. Yes I have said I wanted to go back to university, this is NOT to finish, this is to do a post grad, which you can do after your degree, it only takes a year.

As for your other post- yes, Sam and I went through a very rough patch early pregnancy. An unexpected pregnancy does put a lot of stress on a couple. We broke up, and he was petrified I was “kidnapping” his child from him. We were both in the wrong back then. We got back together in July, had our perfect lil boy in Sept, married in Feb. We have been married over a year now, our baby has grown into a toddler, and we are still very much together.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Grow up already, why do you assume she'll take your side?

Missed this classic! You talk about 'taking sides' and tell ME to grow up? ROFLMAO Beautiful [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I rarely read any post over three lines and even I read Monkey was in T'Egypt not so long back!!!

Seems you gals have your own personal stalker...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
OK, well as Shanta is going to delete this anyway...

That really is vile. PMing another user's fella and trying to break them up - that's how it reads Sono. You can see the guy has had an argument with his lady and is just sounding off. This is what we do when we argue with people. Maybe we shouldn't, but I bet there's not a person here who hasn't done that at one point or another. And you know, when you look at it, maybe it's better he sounds off to a complete stranger on a forum rather than colour the opinions of those around him in the real world, people who actually matter. And you jump in and try to drive a wedge in between them re: religion. Then obviously that tack didn't work so you thought you'd go to Plan B and post it here for her to see. How sick are you exactly?

snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jeeeeesuuuuuus she don't give up!!! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sono can you please just disappear, if you remember correctly your marriage didnt survive either as neither did mine, so dont jump on cosmo because hers didnt work out as well. As for WK her and her husband have already lived together for many months in england and you know what, if it works it works if it doesnt it doesnt but either way its none of your business even if she posts it all on here, she posts it here for her friends here and possibly to help someone else that might be in same situations. Honestly if you dont have something good to say then keep your mouth shut cause i have yet to ever see anything good from you in the many years i have been on here

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOW BACK TO THE SUBJECT.... Debs is this an egyptian to egyptian divorce or egyptian to foreign divorce, it is a huge difference between the 2. Egyptian to egyptian is going to involve court and agreements and such, much harder to do if there was an amount agreed on if there is divorce.. egyptian foreign is nothing, lol they dont enforce anything they just want 2 witnesses with the man stating they are divorced, the fee and in 10 days the papers are in his hands

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
Sono can you please just disappear, if you remember correctly your marriage didnt survive either as neither did mine, so dont jump on cosmo because hers didnt work out as well. As for WK her and her husband have already lived together for many months in england and you know what, if it works it works if it doesnt it doesnt but either way its none of your business even if she posts it all on here, she posts it here for her friends here and possibly to help someone else that might be in same situations. Honestly if you dont have something good to say then keep your mouth shut cause i have yet to ever see anything good from you in the many years i have been on here

If you hadn't noticed cosmo only posted her to flame and insult me.

WHich is why I returned the favor. Yet its the single mothers who support each other in droves and do the orfi marriage thing then expect to be judge and jury of others.

Still like a number of the members who flamed and insulted me on this thread she is raising a child without the help of the biological father. You certainly do associate with her pain don't you?

I did have a few nice things to say but its in reference to the incredible changes for Egyptian women divorcing. But the regards for Egyptian women on ES has always been low.

And why do you still post here? Why do you still read this forum? Did the marriage to the Indonesian go bad? Or you out to find another Momen?

Don't you remember the excruciating threads in which you were called every name in the book?

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Allison is 30 this year, and Gav is 21 this year, and my new baby is going to be 4! check your folder twattle, we met in DC flew to Egypt for our wedding, and came vback togheter. He wasn't a one off holiday fella, he was a local. But unlike yours he hadn't had his head knocked in a car accident, nor was he anything other than young, and selfish.

The two big kids came when I was in college (remember insisting that was lie?) and are doing GREAT and have productive and happy lives. Being a single mum isn't that hard when you are organized and attend to your duties, it's actually lovely.

Amer sees his father several times a week and they have a great relationship. It is what it is, and I don't pine for more, not do I moon at his workplace in hopes for a smile or kind word.

He doesn't read ES as he is a MAN and has a man's job, and when he isn't working He is doing whatever the farkle he pleases. I don't know or care, Its HIS life, and I have mine. It is 2011 not 1840, people actually do move on after breakups, and parenting isn't done in secret anymore. Shame on you AGAIN AND AGAIN for trying to trot out that old horse.

You aren't smart enough to exchange any further dialog with. I'll keep an eye out for you on CNN.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
I'm guessing you've never been anything other than flat broke, so you aren't accostumed to what a good income and generous child support can put into a life eh? Always having to eke it out a week at a time, hoping for a better day must get stressful. I agree with your choice that no tax payer should have to endure the scrutiny of applying for assistance to raise their children. Best to send the shameful progeny off out of sight, lest the neighbors or some rando internest asshole decide to judge you eh?
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
I'm guessing you've never been anything other than flat broke, so you aren't accostumed to what a good income and generous child support can put into a life eh? Always having to eke it out a week at a time, hoping for a better day must get stressful. I agree with your choice that no tax payer should have to endure the scrutiny of applying for assistance to raise their children. Best to send the shameful progeny off out of sight, lest the neighbors or some rando internest asshole decide to judge you eh?

You came onto this thread not to discuss divorce in Egypt but to slam me.

When I returned the favor then you turned around and asked for your buddies to help you slam me again.

You had two goodbye threads stating your reasons for leaving were exactly what is going on here.

You left because you didn't enjoy threads like this, arguments like this one.

Yet again as always a thread in which you had no prior "non-argumentive" post you joined only to insult and slam me.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results.

You have posted in other threads, since your well commented "goodbye" threads; you made comments that were not an insult or provocation to me. I did not post a reply to those non-agressive posts.

Yet you go looking for a fight each and every time you reply to one of my posts.

Seriously whenever the (obscenity removed) weazles back into your life you accept him and then you start posting attacks on me.

I can't be too bothered with being the "safety valve" for a select group of "Orfi wives" who all have a very long history of out of wedlock children, single parenthood, being dumped, and paying to keep a man in her life.

When its the same characters time and time again posting insults unrelated to the topic it says alot more about you than it does about me.

Its also a great "caution" to all those other women out there who have the same shitty past as you and others.

Now I don't bring up my personal details anymore, anything you comment on is at least 3 years old. And I don't go out of my way to post insult remarks unrelated to the original post.

Cosmo is he sleeping on your couch again or did he never move off the couch?

[ 26. February 2011, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Shanta Gdeeda ]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Also cosmo, notice how I make no attempt to justify or explain my situation?

I just don't feed into it. I don't have to answer to anyone on this board nor give them updates on my life.

Its called boundaries, a respect for your own privacy.

Not a trait single mothers develop because they are isolated, hated, and avoided; because they cannot keep their personal life to themselves.

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Hit a nerve did I?

LAUGHING!

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Hit a nerve did I?

LAUGHING!

No you didn't. Thats the point. You came into this thread to insult and flame.

I posted to this thread to provide context and information. Also so it turn into an Egypt bashing thread the way these topics normally do.

Nothing you posted has relevance to my life.

Nor do I only reply to certain members during a time of stress. To be frank, I don't normally post to ES during a crisis, actually my friends txt me to make sure I stay off of ES during a personal crisis. The exact opposite of what you lasses do.

Seriously if you lasses weren't so wound up in your own concerns you could have actually made a bonefide direct insult and hit me where it hurts.

But because I have left a bad situation, kept my current personal details out of ES and learned to make different albeit occasionally better choice and not even share that personal info on ES. None of you lasses cannot make a truly hurtful statement.

The lasses who posted flame attacks are making the same choices, doing the same things with men that has caused them so much grief in the past.

One thing I like to do is "mind map" my personal choices. Actually take a graphic representation of my personal choices and state cause and effect, then in a special bubble on posted notes create solutions in hindsight of what would've been a better choice.

Its a wonderful tool, and I thought of it while I was destroying my patience learning the advanced features of Visio2007.

Doing the "life choices" on paper helped me figure out a few work arounds on the functionality of Visio2007 that wasn't documented.

Helped at work incredibly, I am the inhouse expert on flow charting work processes.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I see she's out of the coma again.

read this far and fell about laughing:-

"Still like a number of the members who flamed and insulted me on this thread "

No one flamed or insulted you, you started all that as normal and then banged on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on, as normal. You have now attacked every poster in this thread, well done, and it's only your lunch break, that's if you have a job this week.

--------------------

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
"tw**"

It's still an obscenity if you put it in quotes, but I can't be bothered to pester Shanta TBH.

I think it's pretty much unanimous that someone needs to work on their internal breaking system between thought and speech.

Off to work on mine.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results [Wink]

Ayisha, has la la asked you about your gay husband yet today?

I have took Zantac today for heartburn if you wanna add that to the file of meds the ferret pops [Big Grin] Saves you asking me again and again and looking insane [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results [Wink]

Which one? I really am speechless that all of these ladies are grown up women and mothers, bickering like they're in junior high, but with a bigger vocabulary. Day after day, year after year. Jesus, enough already!
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com