EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » African Americans and Ancient Egyptians (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: African Americans and Ancient Egyptians
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abdulkarem3:
quote:
SAE: Do you understand English?

Ebonics: D'ya dig black talk?

Wolof: Dega nga olof?

question for clyde? niger-congo talk is always placed as conjugating their pronouns when using verbs ex. m na-eri nri-i am eating (igbo), where the short m sound stands for the pronoun mu or it's emphatic form munwa(myself)
ebonics around my way have contractual emphasis such as in future tense first person singular the word ama is used as in amago tda sto(i will go to the store) i attach ama with the verb go because that is how it is heared.
past tense would be
ibin went tda sto(i have went to the store} which is modernized and influenced because of the usage of went while west indians and coastal west africans keep the original form [b]migo tda sto[b/] where the meaning can be present or past . this is the same with ancient mdu ntr ex. sdm=f he hears but can be used also for heared in the past except when the past needs top be stressed then it would be sdm.n=f placing na in front of the contracted f. if going to the store needs to be stressed in the past then done is put in front of the verb like midungo tda sto (i have already left for the store.) in arabic zhahabtu ile mhal where tu is representative of I attached to zhahab however they dont say that arabic or other semitic languages contract their pronouns but in actuality that is what they stand for.

This is interesting. I never noticed this.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
quote:
Originally posted by Serpent Wizdom
we aren't egyptian. i do believe that everyone who is african and african descent can be
proud of that great african kingdom. we aa's have geneology from all over africa.

One can understand why you self-describe youself as [Confused] ...

Can you not see the very contradiction in your post?

"African Americans have genealogy from all over Africa (but) we aren't Egyptian."

is the same contradiction as, for example,

"European Americans have genealogy from all over Europe (but) we aren't Irish."

Which is to say:

"European Americans have genealogy from all over Europe except from Ireland."

how the hell are you getting indignant because i am asking questions?

europeans usually can pinpoint their lineage which won't neccessarily be irish in origin but then again the french came from germanic tribes but they are not considered german even though that is their origin. so in a way you are correct but not to the point you are taking it.

being african descent does not mean we can claim being somali.

you have provided some excellent info here. please don't embarrass yourself!!

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most confused individuals seem to want to put Africans into neat little rigid compartments
as if Africans (indeed all humans) are not a mobile group of peoples, rather than accept the
historical reality that western Africans have moved to the east; eastern Africans have moved
both westward and southward. The Ancient Egyptians originated, like most Africans, in the
regions of the Great Lakes; how did they end up so far north? The Batutsi of Rwanda and
Burundi did not always inhabit those territories. When the Europeans began to settle in the
area of south Africa, the Bantu migrations were still pushing southwards...

This approach to African history; of stagnant ethnicites, and of non-migrations is not only
simplistic and immature, it is completely wrong. Human civilization is one continuous and
collective historical process, where no one people, in isolation, creates a culture, unaware of
the knowledge developed by others.

If I were engaged in a paternity suit and I wanted to determine whether or not the child was
mine, I would demand a DNA test. But, there is NO DNA test that can tell me the extent and
the individuality of all of my African (and non-African) ancestors:

Prior to DNA, blood tests were a less reliable indicator of parantage, but useful. Blood tests
also showed that West Africans and Upper Egyptians had the same blood types; but neither
blood tests nor DNA can tell me, or anyone else the various peoples that came together to
generate me!

If I were to trace my ancestry to "Kunta Kente" in the region that is now within the country of
Senegal, I would not be so naive as to believe that he is my "Adam" but merely only one of
them; this reality/objective truth seems to go over a lot of folks' head...

African Americans are related to the Ancient Egyptians by way of migrations of Africans
from the Nile valley, the slave trade which served to combine these various groups, who
were already pretty much combined, and who became African-Americans. This lineage is
both historical and genetic.

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Most confused individuals seem to want to put Africans into neat little rigid compartments
as if Africans (indeed all humans) are not a mobile group of peoples, rather than accept the
historical reality that western Africans have moved to the east; eastern Africans have moved
both westward and southward. The Ancient Egyptians originated, like most Africans, in the
regions of the Great Lakes; how did they end up so far north? The Batutsi of Rwanda and
Burundi did not always inhabit those territories. When the Europeans began to settle in the
area of south Africa, the Bantu migrations were still pushing southwards...

This approach to African history; of stagnant ethnicites, and of non-migrations is not only
simplistic and immature, it is completely wrong. Human civilization is one continuous and
collective historical process, where no one people, in isolation, creates a culture, unaware of
the knowledge developed by others.

If I were engaged in a paternity suit and I wanted to determine whether or not the child was
mine, I would demand a DNA test. But, there is NO DNA test that can tell me the extent and
the individuality of all of my African (and non-African) ancestors:

Prior to DNA, blood tests were a less reliable indicator of parantage, but useful. Blood tests
also showed that West Africans and Upper Egyptians had the same blood types; but neither
blood tests nor DNA can tell me, or anyone else the various peoples that came together to
generate me!

If I were to trace my ancestry to "Kunta Kente" in the region that is now within the country of
Senegal, I would not be so naive as to believe that he is my "Adam" but merely only one of
them; this reality/objective truth seems to go over a lot of folks' head...

African Americans are related to the Ancient Egyptians by way of migrations of Africans
from the Nile valley, the slave trade which served to combine these various groups, who
were already pretty much combined, and who became African-Americans. This lineage is
both historical and genetic.

by this post one would assume that everyone in africa would be related to ancient kemetic peoples. so what would make us so special to represent them?

and would we be more closely related to the ancient kemite then the people who reside in east africa today, such as the eritrean, nubian, ethio, somali?

west africans don't go around claiming descent from ancient egyptians like you are here.

africa had many civilizations, why is egypt so special to you that you want to claim some kind of direct lineal descent from them?

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wally wrote:
----------------------------------
from the Nile valley, the slave trade which served to combine these various groups
----------------------------------

Your opinionative conclusion is quite juvenile.

1. What evidence do you have that the Ancient Egyptians migrated to what "you" call "west Africa"?

2. What is your definition of "west" Africa? Does it include any or all of the following countries: Algeria, Morocco, Mauritania, Mali?

3. From your statement you seem to believe the only place slaves were obtained from is what "you" call "west Africa". Why would that be? Weren't ships sailing all around the world by at the latest the 1700s?

We are all looking forward to see if either you run away from these simple questions or behave like someone who considers themself a true intellect and scholar, and answer the above simple questions.

Wally?................

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serpent Wizdom:
...by this post one would assume that everyone in africa would be related
to ancient kemetic peoples. so what would make us so special to represent them?

and would we be more closely related to the ancient kemite then the people
who reside in east africa today, such as the eritrean, nubian, ethio, somali?

west africans don't go around claiming descent from ancient egyptians like you are here.

africa had many civilizations, why is egypt so special to you that you want to claim some
kind of direct lineal descent from them?

You are essentially having a debate with yourself...now, take a deep breath, then grab a cup
of coffee, then:

Start at the beginning of this topic (page 1) and carefully read the points that I
have elaborated on the subject...you may, and probably should avoid the off topic
interruptions interspersed here and there...just follow the flow of my documented
arguments; then tell me what you think...

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serpent Wizdom wrote:
quote:
by this post one would assume that everyone in africa would be related to ancient kemetic peoples. so what would make us so special to represent them?

and would we be more closely related to the ancient kemite then the people who reside in east africa today, such as the eritrean, nubian, ethio, somali?

Clarify what you mean when you say us and we.
Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:
[Confused] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

I would offer you the same advice that I gave to Serpent Wizdom, except unlike
Serpent Wisdom who I think is intelligent, you are an idiot and would not benefit
from it...

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Serpent Wizdom wrote:
quote:
Again who is "we"?

What is a "nubian"? Was there ever an ancient nation called "Nubia"? If not, then why are you using that terminology as if it were valid?

Why do you keep saying that eritreans, modern day ethiopians, somalis are more related to the Ancient Egyptians than the indigenous population of modern day Egypt, as well as Sudan and Libya?

Its bizarre that you persist on doing such a thing even when told how untruthful it is. Is it because you cannot let go of eyeball anthropology? If so, why do you continue to want us to take you seriously? Eyeball anthropology is used mostly by adle brained entertainment flunkies.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Wally crayoned:
-----------------------------------
I would offer you the same advice that I gave to Serpent Wizdom, except unlike
Serpent Wisdom who I think is intelligent, you are an idiot and would not benefit
from it...
-----------------------------------

In other words you are just like the typical peabrained race troll. You can't back up anything you say when questioned. You think you can go around masquerading your opinions as facts and then whine like a child when someone calls you out on it.

People, Wally has once again proven that he is no scholar and should not be taken seriously.

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
African Americans: A Pan-African people

The north western slave port at Goree Island, Senegal was only one of several points of
departure for Africans being taken to the United States. There were other points as well,
stretching as far southward as the present state of Angola. These ports of departure were
used for transporting Africans from the African interior - a vast interior; this was the standard
method of European colonialism to move African resources from the interior to the ports,
where roads and rail routes were built expressly for this purpose. The West African slave
ports were merely ports of convenience for the Atlantic Slave Trade, but Africans
brought and sold slaves from as far afield as Tanzania, Mozambique...

The ethnic origin of African Americans includes, but is not limited to, the following
African peoples:

Northwest Africa to the Gulf of Guinea;
Mossi, Senufo, Mande, Fulani, Toubou, Fulbe, Sara, Moussei, Massa, Wolof, Akan, Ewe,
Mandinga, Songhai, Tuareg, Moor, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Kanuri, Ibibio, Tiv, Ijaw...

Angola South;
Ovimbundu, Kimbundu, Mongo, Luba, Kongo, Mangbetu-Azande, Fang, Punu, Nzeiby,
Mbede...

East Africa;
Malagasy, ...

In everything, there is both positive as well as negative elements. One of the positive
elements of the African slave trade to the United States, was that it created the first
contemporary Pan-African ethnic group; a group with a common language and culture and
separated only by class distinctions.

African Americans have the unique distinction of being historically-genetically related to a
vast majority of African ethnic-linguistic groups. In this sense, the African American
identification to all African cultures is not merely a philosophical one, as in the case of a
European Swede identifying with a European ancient Greece; The African Americans'
identification with all African cultures, including and especially, the ancient Nile valley
cultures, is both historically and genetically authentic and valid.

Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
quote:
Serpent Wizdom wrote:
quote:
Again who is "we"?

What is a "nubian"? Was there ever an ancient nation called "Nubia"? If not, then why are you using that terminology as if it were valid?

Why do you keep saying that eritreans, modern day ethiopians, somalis are more related to the Ancient Egyptians than the indigenous population of modern day Egypt, as well as Sudan and Libya?

Its bizarre that you persist on doing such a thing even when told how untruthful it is. Is it because you cannot let go of eyeball anthropology? If so, why do you continue to want us to take you seriously? Eyeball anthropology is used mostly by adle brained entertainment flunkies.

you must be egyptian, north sudanese or libyan.

ok.

i'll add southern sudanese, southern egyptians...don't know about libyans..

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Anyone who walks the streets of America and who observe the African
Americans whom they pass must at least subconsciously see the historical
reality of the Ancient Egyptian Civilization; they must certainly sublimely
see individuals who look like the "Bantu" Great sphinx, or the "Beja" Queen
Hatshepsut, or the "Masai" Tutankhamen...

The greatness and genius of Ancient Egypt was that it was a Pan-African Civilization,
the most nearly perfect one created by man to this date. The Ancient Egyptians, like the
African Americans, were a mix of ALL of these African ethnicities...

...and the realization of the African Americans' genealogical/historical descent
from the Nile Valley isn't a narrowly confined focus or an either-or concept:

a) African Americans are also descendants of the Kushite Civilization

b) African Americans are also descendants of the great Civilizations of Ancient
Ghana, Mali, Songhai...

c) African Americans are also descendants of the Kongo Civilization...

All of these realities are due to the processes of African history, from the
far reaches of African antiquity to the modern era...

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Correct. This is why Europeans fight so hard to deny that Afro-Americans have a ancient history and direct us toward study of slavery.

They want us to make slavery a frame of reference because this period we were totally under their control. They teach the myth Europeans have been the civilizers of the world --when in reality their civilizations were invented by Blacks .

They knew this all along but they were able to make themselves a world in which they were the supreme race until Afro-Americans became free, learned foriegn languages and could write. Thusly, by the end of the 19th Century we knew that Egypt and the Civilizations in Mesopotamia and Iran were founded by African Blacks.

So Europeans became desperate to hide the true history of the world--since they have no ancient history except Greece and Rome, which were founded by Blacks. This is why trolls come to ES to attempt to fight the truth,

This is also why some people hate this thread. While most Europeans have no direct relationship to Greece and Rome, Afro-Americans have direct descent from the Egyptians. This angers Europeans who are jealous of our great past and desire us to hate ourselves .

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
reality of the Ancient Egyptian Civilization; they must certainly subliminally

The greatness and genius of Ancient Egypt was that it was a Pan-African Civilization,
the most nearly perfect one created by man to this date. The Ancient Egyptians, like the

...and the realization of the African Americans' genealogical/historical descent

Ghana, Mali, Songhai...

Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:

^^Correct. This is why Europeans fight so hard to deny that Afro-Americans have a ancient
history and direct us toward study of slavery.

They want us to make slavery a frame of reference because this period we were totally under
their control. They teach the myth Europeans have been the civilizers of the world --when in
reality their civilizations were invented by Blacks .

They knew this all along but they were able to make themselves a world in which they were
the supreme race until Afro-Americans became free, learned foriegn languages and could
write. Thusly, by the end of the 19th Century we knew that Egypt and the Civilizations in
Mesopotamia and Iran were founded by African Blacks.

So Europeans became desperate to hide the true history of the world--since they have no
ancient history except Greece and Rome, which were founded by Blacks. This is why trolls
come to ES to attempt to fight the truth,

This is also why some people hate this thread. While most Europeans have no direct
relationship to Greece and Rome, Afro-Americans have direct descent from the Egyptians.
This angers Europeans who are jealous of our great past and desire us to hate ourselves.

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Upon his visit to Egypt, President Obama came face to face with the Mdu Ntr glyph
for "face" or "ho/kho" in Mdu Ntr, to which the President exclaimed "That looks like me!
Look at those ears!"
...yeah, and the nose, and the mouth, and the face...

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
...Why I'm partial to this photograph.

They say that everyone has a twin look-a-like somewhere; in any event,
this little Upper Egyptian girl is a "clone" of a close blood relative of mine! ...swear to God

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
^^^
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Osteology

Trikhanus (1981) found Egyptians (limb ratios) to plot closest to tropical Africans and
not Mediterranean Europeans residing in a roughly similar climatic area. A more recent
study compared ancient Egyptian osteology to that of African-Americans and White
Americans, and found that the stature of the Ancient Egyptians was more similar to the
stature of African-Americans,
although it was not identical. -- from
"Population history of Egypt"

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Osteology

Trikhanus (1981) found Egyptians (limb ratios) to plot closest to tropical Africans and
not Mediterranean Europeans residing in a roughly similar climatic area. A more recent
study compared ancient Egyptian osteology to that of African-Americans and White
Americans, and found that the stature of the Ancient Egyptians was more similar to the
stature of African-Americans,
although it was not identical. -- from
"Population history of Egypt"

That is very true, when looking at Egyptian statuary, I myself often marvel at how African American they look.

But that is to be expected when you consider the function of the two civilizations.

In ancient times, Egypt was the center of the Black world, with people from every country as part of the mix. As always there were admixture, producing offspring with elements from every contributing phenotype. The United States performs that same function in modern times.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
-- The conk and the jheri curl --

Deliberate hair-straightening; the conk and the jheri curl

The Conk, which "originated" in the 1920s, was an attempt by Black men to straighten their
hair to make it look like that of White men.

The primary ingredients used to straighten or relax the hair are:

Sodium hydroxide (the conk) and Ammonium thioglycolate(the jheri curl). These chemical
agents work against moisture, or in other words they dry the hair structure to the degree that it
relaxes and the woolly hair looses its natural tendency to curl. This chemically straightened hair
also cannot be reverted back to its original natural state. The only way to get rid of a conk is to
allow it to grow out.

Inadvertent hair-straightening; Kememou mummification

The primary process of embalming the corpse was the 'natron bath' wherein the corpse was
completely covered in dry natron for a period of forty days. The chemical ingredients in natron
are:

Sodium carbonate; bicarbonate; sodium sulphate; and chloride. These chemical agents work
against moisture, in fact, it was used to 'dry out' the body. (Kinda like making beef jerky.)

This, I think, is why you find all these straight haired prognathous Negro mummies.

Its more 'conk' than conspiracy.

quote:
...the substance in the embalming material has been known to straighten
hair,and over time mummy hair loses elasticity that hold hair into place. Still there are
Nubians and modern Upper Egyptians with a wavy type hair that is not straight but is
actually very thick. Europeans have wavy hair that is very thin and has a more rounded
folice as opposed to people of African descent. - Ausar

Ancient Egyptian mummies were, inadvertently, submitted to a form of 'conking'
and/or Jheri curl!

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Collage: African Americans and Upper Egyptians

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
The Diola (Jola) - another African American ancestral branch:

The Diola form 9% of the population of Senegal. Some oral sources (Griots) contend that the
Diola originated in Egypt and traveled across North Africa in c1000 B.C.,
settling in
the Niger wetlands. Drought and wars later forced them south. As a minority group, and
fair game for capture, they fled to the marshes and swamps of the Casamance during
the slave trade era, thus becoming the earliest settlers south of the Gambia River. As
compared with other ethnic groups, their society is very non-hierarchical and egalitarian,
with no inferior castes or races. Although many Diolas converted to Christianity, and
despite some recent important inroads made by Islam, their traditional religious beliefs
still greatly influence them. Their principal economic activity has been the cultivation of
rice (highly female labor-intensive). Palm wine production is another major economic
activity.

Diola women harvesting rice
 -

...and on to America...

The ethnic groups that suffered the most directly from the Atlantic slave trade were those living
along the coastal areas of the river Gambia and the river Cassamance, and these are the
Manjagos, the Balantas, the Papels and the Diolas...

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Continent wide African DNA linkages
quote:

"The most extensive pan-African haplotype (16189 16192 16223 16278 16294 16309
16390) is in the L2a1 haplogroup. This sequence is observed in West Africa among the
Malinke, Wolof, and others; in North Africa among the Maure, Hausa, Fulbe, and others; in
Central Africa among the Bamileke, Fali, and others; in South Africa among the Khoisan family
including the Khwe and Bantu speakers; and in East Africa among the Kikuyu. Closely related
variants are observed among the Tuareg in North and West Africa and among the East African
Dinka and Somali."

(-- Bert Ely , Jamie Lee Wilson , Fatimah Jackson and Bruce A Jackson. (2006).
AFRICAN-AMERICAN MITOCHONDRIAL DNAs OFTEN MATCH mtDNAs FOUND
IN MULTIPLE AFRICAN ETHNIC GROUPS.
- BMC Biology 2006, 4:34)

African Americans have the unique distinction of being historically-genetically related to a
vast majority of African ethnic-linguistic groups. In this sense, the African American
identification to all African cultures is not merely a philosophical one, as in the case of a
European Swede identifying with a European ancient Greece; The African Americans'
identification with all African cultures, including and especially, the ancient Nile valley

<><><>

"Egyptian Y-chromosome haplotypes show preponderance is with African clusters; not European
or Near Eastern"

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
...journeying backwards from America to the African slave ports to Ancient Egypt to
the Ancient Sudan...

P won.t (aka Punt, Ethaosh, ...; pwonou, pwontiu)
 -

Note here the meaning of this word ("p" is the article "the" ; "won" = "beginning" and
the feminine "t" which makes the word a feminine noun) is "The Original country" - i.e., "country
from which we came"

ounti, oun, ouon (won)

-

Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacki Lopushonsky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=003471;p=3#000133
Posts: 644 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacki Lopushonsky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Black Days" (Sudanese and SSA in Egypt)

On January 27, 28 and 29, 2003, Egyptian police conducted raids of Sudanese, Liberian and sub-Saharan African residences in the Maadi area. Detainees, including those with refugee cards, reported ill treatment, beatings and abuse. One detainee reported-

I was taken into a police wagon on the street. They drove around to collect other black people. They would ask Egyptians on the street, "Where are the buildings where blacks live?" It was about one hour driving around like this. By the end there were ten or twelve Africans in the car." HRW

Other detainees alleged that police referred to the raids as "Black Day" and that police intake sheets were labeled, "Operation Track Down Blacks."

There are tens of thousands of Sudanese refugees in Egypt, most of them seeking refuge from ongoing military conflicts in their home country of Sudan. Their official status as refugees is highly disputed, and they have been subject to racial discrimination and police violence. They live among a much larger population of Sudanese migrants in Egypt, more than two million people of Sudanese nationality (by most estimates; a full range is 750,000 to 4 million (FMRS 2006:5) who live in Egypt. The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants believes many more of these migrants are in fact refugees, but see little benefit in seeking recognition.

Egypt employs a "shoot to stop" policy against refugees attempting to continue to Israel. According to Human Rights Watch, over 50 refugees, including women and children, have been shot by Egyptian border guards since 2007.[1][2]

The violent destabilization and economic collapse caused by the immense amount of death and destruction in Sudan has forced millions of civilians to flee their homes and cities.[3] Many refugees currently residing in Egypt escaped from the Second Sudanese Civil War, where war "pitted black African separatists" and "Christians" against a "Sudanese government run by Muslim, Arabic-speaking northerners who had tried to impose Islamic law on the country." 1 in 5 Sudanese were killed in the war, and over 4 million civilians in the South have been given Internally Displaced Persons status. [4] The majority of these IDPs are attempting to resettle outside of the country, but efforts have produced minimal results.

In January of 2004, Egyptian politicians wrote legislation for a “Four Freedoms Agreement,” which would grant both Sudanese and Egyptians the freedom of movement, residence, ownership and work in either country. It would allow Sudanese nationals to live indefinitely in Egypt while no longer having to seek refugee status to remain in the country. The agreement would not enable Sudanese refugees to benefit from educational, medical, or social benefits entitled to native citizens. However, as of 2009, the agreement has yet to be ratified by the Egyptian government. [5]

Refugees in Egypt experience discrimination by both the government and civilian services. A series of laws passed by parliament has effectively stalled legal and financial gains for refugees of all nationalities, and the response by the international community has been limited.

Legal employment in Egypt is "virtually" impossible for Sudanese refugees. The 2003 Labor Law and its implementing Ministerial Decree and the 2004 Decree of the Ministry of Manpower and Emigration force all foreigners including refugees to have a permit to work in "gainful" employment. The requirements are reportedly very "stringent," and include assessments of legal status, employer sponsorship, and non-competition with nationals. In 2006, employers have since been required to submit a certificate verifying Sudanese nationals are not carrying AIDS. As a result of these requirements, only a fraction of Sudanese have obtained working permits.

1. ^ Human Rights Watch faults Egypt's 'shoot-to-stop' policy, Christian Science Monitor 13-11-2008
2. ^ Refugees set their sights on Israel, The National 11-12-2009
3. ^ http://www.internal-displacement.org/8025708F004CE90B/httpPages/22FB1D4E2B196DAA802570BB005E787C?OpenDocument&count=1000 IDP statistics
4. ^ http://web.archive.org/web/20041210024759/http://www.refugees.org/news/crisis/sudan.htm Refugees in Sudan
5. ^ http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2004/706/eg3.htm
6. ^ http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/country,,,,SDN,,4a40d2a5c,0.html UNHRC

* Forced Migration and Refugee Studies program (FMRS) of the American University in Cairo, A TRAGEDY OF FAILURES AND FALSE EXPECTATIONS: Report on the Events Surrounding the Three-month Sit-in and Forced Removal of Sudanese Refugees in Cairo, September–December 2005, June 2006.
* Gamal Nkrumah, "The noose tightens," Al-Ahram Weekly, 5-11 January 2006.
* U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), World Refugee Survey 2005.

Posts: 644 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Good thread wally to me African Americans remind me of the Southern Egyptians and Southern Nilotics of Northern Sudan from Aswan on..

- -Northern Sudanese

- AA actor Blair Underwood

The Egyptians/Nubians remind me of Afro-Latinos/Afro-Hispanics like Peurto Ricans, Cubans, and Dominicans..

-

-

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

quote:
Originally posted by NonProphet:
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic:
quote:
Originally posted by Fraud_Buster:
Ozzy, you said your family identify as "Black" due to social pressure from a racist society, but this woman lives in a fair and just country that does not practice bigotry and accepts people as they are.

"the word black" is an insult to any Egyptian.

We use the word "asmar", "samara", etc. to label people who are darker.

Of course, you could be asmar, yet your complexion could range from Olive/Tan to Dark Brown. It is the polite way to describe people. instead of calling the kettle black.

Fraud_Buster let me just tell you that you’re essentially wasting your time. Afrocentrism is a religious cult – most of them are quite content with living in a world devoid of reality, so they really couldn’t give a damn about facts. I realized a few weeks ago that it’s essentially a waste of time trying to show them the light of reason. None of the crap espoused on this board is taught as the mainstream, and to me that’s the most important thing. Most of them are filled with envy, and racist as hell, all because their ancestors didn’t produce anything substantial. And don’t be fooled by the few select photos that they upload of AA who supposedly “look” like Egyptians.

Regarding the Upper Egyptians, this is what the latest DNA evidence has to say on the matter:

Local comparisons between Upper Egyptians were carried out with other ethnic groups in Egypt, based on frequency and molecular data. No differences were observed in comparison with a general Caucasian population from Cairo in any of the nine loci compared or with Egyptian Christians from Cairo…Multi-dimensional scaling (MDS) based on pair-wise FST genetic distances of Upper Egyptian and other diverse global populations. OCE, Oceanian; ME, Middle Eastern; NAF, North African; EAS, East Asian; SSA, sub-Saharan African; UEGY, Upper Egyptian; SAS, South Asian; EUR, European. The figure shows that Oceania and American populations are very distant from Upper Egyptians (marked by a grey triangle) and other populations. The Upper Egyptian population is closer to the Middle Eastern, North African, South Asian and European populations than others. (Genetic variation of 15 autosomal STR loci in Upper (Southern) Egyptians, Omran et al 2008.)

Yes so true, the Yorubans, Bantus and Mandenka(SSA)are AA CLOSEST cousins. Idiots will protest, "No Horners or Nubians were compared blah blah...", but of course this will only show the intermediate position of Horn Africans with most over 60% shared DNA ancestry with Eurasians and other Afrasians.

-

Note the Egyptian and other Afrasian/Eurasian shared ancestry from Behar et al. 2010. Shared colors represent shared Autosomal DNA ancestry. (One individual per one pixel wide line)at K=10 clusters -

-

ES Gang sign on the 'black' hand side
 -

and on the 'white' hand side for tools
 -

-

Yo Wally y u bee hatin an misreprasentin on da reel brothas an sistas, take awaay dat Devil Euro DNA an u be got da reel sistas -

-

-

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
This idiot NonProphet is definitely a Looney toon - his only intent here is to be
a distraction; I checked out his profile and not unsurprisingly there is this photo
of a fake "Egyptian" statue of "Hemiunu", his Avatar (?)...

-
quote:

The statue's head has been restored, as it had been damaged around its eyes,
which originally may have been inlaid with mountan crystals.
The statue is one of the many exhibits in the museum in Hildesheim, Germany.
http://www.ancient-egypt.org/index.html

quote:

The portrait's oblong face with full cheeks and small sharp chin is largely reconstructed.
It was probably smashed by thieves in earlier times to remove the inlaid colored stones
most likely rock crystal) and gold casings that comprised the statue's eyes.
http://artmuseumjournal.com/hemiunu.aspx

One doesn't have to be a sleuth to see clearly what part of the face that has been "reconstructed" and...
One can believe in the "tooth fairy" or "the Easter bunny" or that this fake image belonged to
the same family (dynasty) of the Great Pyramids builders, such as these...

-

<><><>

Racism = Lunacy; case in point

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that the use of a personal name for God, specifically YHWH, came into practice during the captivities as some of the Israelites adopted this Aramaean deity. The name probably came officially to the Israelite religion when the Edomites joined the Jerusalem Temple about 150 years before Christ. There is evidence that Yahweh had been the Edomite's lord as far back as 1,400 BC. The oldest known appearance of the name YHWH outside the Holy Land was in Egypt about 1,400 BC where it is found on lists with five other sacred names. A Rameses II (1304-1237) list has it 6 times. In an Amon temple of AmenhotepIII (1417-1379 BC) the name is associated with Seir (Edom). Other evidence places it with Syria at 1,400 BC

It is highly likely that Yahwism had its home in Edom/Seir/Paran. Two poems describe Yahweh as coming from this region. We have already cited the text from the Song of Deborah. The other is found in the Blessing of Moses (Deut 33:2):

Yahweh came down from Sinai.
For them, behind Seir, it [i.e. the morning star] arose on the horizon,
Over Mount Paran it shone forth.
For them it came for the mustering at Kadesh,
From its zenith as far down as the foothills.

איר פולד אַלע די מענטשן מיט מאַגיש

יאָ איר געווארט אויף שׂטן ס רופן .. '

-

The Idumean Child Rapists and Pediphiles!!

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

No intelligent reply so G has to resort to pulling the sociopolitical race card, altered photos and ad homs. My intent was humor and knowledge. Those DNA studies were shown because the Modern Egyptians are the living descendants of the AE.

Why don't you be honest for a change and come off your high horse and delusional cloud. I thought you were one of the last 'scholars' left, Billy?

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
...journeying backwards from America to the African slave ports to Ancient Egypt to
the Ancient Sudan...

-

Note here the meaning of this word ("p" is the article "the" ; "won" = "beginning" and
the feminine "t" which makes the word a feminine noun) is "The Original country" - i.e., "country
from which we came"

ounti, oun, ouon (won)

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
Dumb Kike, Your spam of Africans and Truthcentric is NOT "Altered Photos and Ad Homeneim attack..LMAO

You seem to be Running..

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007014

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=003577;p=3

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=003631

crazy Fucking Yid..

Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

quote:
quote:
the Ancient Sudan...

-

from which we came"

ounti, oun, ouon (won)

-

This is a perfect example why many of you people are stagnant and enjoy backwardness. Nobody except the Wally types care about extinct languages, culture and Gods outside the true academic study of Egyptology. But unlike you guys, true Egyptologists are objective realists who don't pretend to be modern day AE. Is it possibly explained by many Niger-Kordofanian groups having no concept/words to describe precision, gradations and past/future events or planning? And or is it self-hatred, resentment and loathing of your ancestors for the selling off to the Euro traders? There was a brain related genetic mutation that possibly occured in North Africa or the Near East so maybe your ancestors missed out.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NonProphet
quote:
This is a perfect example why many of you people are stagnant and enjoy backwardness. Nobody except the Wally types care about extinct languages, culture and Gods outside the true academic study of Egyptology.
And that's your problem the rest of your statement is simply made of straw..for studying dead languages and culture is called studying "HISTORY" the rest is called sociology
Finding Kemetian words in AAs language is a ligit area of interest such as Okra?? well see list on other pages.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
following the social voyage of a word - update

(from)

Ancient Egypt: sok - to pound grain (sokh - to strike, beat)

(to)

Wolof: sookha - to pound, remove chaff

(to)

African American: sock - to strike; "sock it to me"

<><><>

(from)

Ancient Egypt: o ke - correct, right

(to)

Mande : o ke - all right
(and)
Wolof: wah keh - all correct

(to)

African American (1700s) ok - correct, right

<><><>

(from)

Ancient Egypt: napy - a lock of Ancient Egyptian hair

(to)

African American: nappy - tightly coiled / curled unaltered hair.
Coiled hair in its natural state as found on people of African descent

also:

Ancient Egypt
Nab: A braid, knot, or curl, of hair
Napy: A braid, knot, or curl, of hair

Wolof:
Nab: A braid, knot, or curl, of hair

African Americanism
Nappy: A braid, knot, or curl, of hair

<><><>

(from)

Ancient Egypt: djam (jam) - to throw up the arms or hands in gladness

(to)

~

African American: jam; "If you can't help tapping rhythms on the table, if
you've got music running in your mind, or if you
whistle -- not the tune, but the harmonies behind
it, then you can jam. "/ jamboree - happy festivities

<><><>

(from)

Ancient Egypt: bou - to shine, be bright

(to)

~

African American: boo - boyfriend/girlfriend

<><><>

(from)

Ancient Egypt: boubou - splendor, magnificent appearance

(to)

~

African American: booboo - common nickname in the African American community

also,

Ancient Egypt: Bou - to regard with wonder, delight, love
Bou.i (My.Bou) = "My love, My admiration", "My delight", "My esteemed (one)"...

(to)

African Americanism: My boo = (see above)

<><><>

(from)

Ancient Egypt: deg - to see, to look at carefully

(to)

wolof: dega - to understand

(to)

African American: dig - to see, understand ("can you dig it?" - "You dig?")

<><><>

Okra is a green pod from the okra plant which, like coffee, originated in Ethiopia

(to)

Ancient Egypt: okre (jkr)

(to)

Igbo: ọ́kụ̀rụ̀

(to)

African American: okra (pronounced 'oh.kree' in Louisiana)

<><><>

(from)

Ancient Egypt: da - the

(to)

~

African American: da - the

<><><>

...but human vocabulary does not have to necessarily come directly
to America by Africans, but can come indirectly...

Ancient Egypt: Baby; Baba, Babe, Baby, Beby - the first-born (son of Osiris)

Greek: The Greeks then adopted this term which became in their language Bebon

Bebon in Greek eventually became Baban in 14 century English.

English - modern

Baban would modify to become Babe, which would be superseded
by Baby - representing a dialectical transformation back into its original form!

<><><>

(from)

Ancient Egypt: won noufre - "eternally happy"

(to)

Greek: onuphrius - "eternally happy"

(to)

Italian: onofrio - "eternally happy"

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually an X-staff member and friend of mine pronounce the word Okra exactly as in Kemetian Okre he is from Atlanta his eyes widen when I showed him your example.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Actually an X-staff member and friend of mine pronounce the word Okra exactly as in
Kemetian Okre he is from Atlanta his eyes widen when I showed him your example.

Thanks for your post.

It is extremely important to have independent verification of evidence presented.

Here' another example:

I wrote, "...and my mama would always make sure that clipped nails or cut hair
was always flushed down the toilet!"

to which Heru-Tunde responded:
quote:

How interesting i'm Yoruba and my mum would tell me the exact same thing, the same
thing happens in Yoruba Mythology.

[Cool]
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Portraits: Upper Egyptians, Northern Sudanese, and African Americans...

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
African Americans: A Pan-African people

The north western slave port at Goree Island, Senegal was only one of several points of
departure for Africans being taken to the United States. There were other points as well,
stretching as far southward as the present state of Angola. These ports of departure were
used for transporting Africans from the African interior - a vast interior; this was the standard
method of European colonialism to move African resources from the interior to the ports,
where roads and rail routes were built expressly for this purpose. The West African slave
ports were merely ports of convenience for the Atlantic Slave Trade, but Africans
brought and sold slaves from as far afield as Tanzania, Mozambique...

African slaves were a commodity, just like cocoa, ivory, gold, bauxite, which Africans
sold to the Europeans, Arabs...

Like all commodities, it was necessary and efficient to transport these commodities
from the interior to coastal ports for exportation. The Europeans, for example, did not
just saunter in and cherry pick these commodities at will nor were they able to do so,
if so inclined...

The East African ports in Mozambique were a source of African slaves not only from
Kenya but from the entire east and central African territory...

The ethnic origin of African Americans includes, but is not limited to, the following
African peoples:

Northwest Africa to the Gulf of Guinea;
Mossi, Senufo, Mande, Fulani, Toubou, Fulbe, Sara, Moussei, Massa, Wolof, Akan, Ewe,
Mandinga, Songhai, Tuareg, Moor, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Kanuri, Ibibio, Tiv, Ijaw...

Some African American ancestors: Hausa, Fulani, Igbo, Berber, Tuareg, Tukulor, Wolof, Yoruba, Moor
 -
 -

Angola South;
Ovimbundu, Kimbundu, Mongo, Luba, Kongo, Mangbetu-Azande, Fang, Punu, Nzeiby,
Mbede...

East Africa;
Malagasy, ...

In everything, there is both positive as well as negative elements. One of the positive
elements of the African slave trade to the United States, was that it created the first
contemporary Pan-African ethnic group; a group with a common language and culture and
separated only by class distinctions.

reality of the Ancient Egyptian Civilization; they must certainly subliminally

Ghana, Mali, Songhai...

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Roots:: <Fertile Sahara >> Kemet/Kush: Paal >> Western Sudan (West Africa): Pėl, Pulaar, Fula, Fulani...
 -

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Wally what is with all of the picture spam?

Its amazing how most of the fools on this forum have nothing better to do than mugshot people and/or creating human zoos.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Wally wrote:
----------------------------------------
African Americans are also descendants of the great Civilizations of Ancient
Ghana, Mali, Songhai...
----------------------------------------

I've got bad news for you Wally. According to the "historians" and their quotes and maps, African Americans are not related to these people.

According to what the "historians" say and the maps they draw, the slaves did not come from Mali, Mauritania, or Niger. No desert blacks came to the Americas. Slaves only came from the coastal jungle terrained areas below the desert.

Wally, your thoughts on what the "historians" say?

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member

Neferet
Member # 17109

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My DNA test result matches include Ghana, Mali, and with Songhai.

quote:
Wally wrote:

Posts: 369 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Neferet:
My DNA test result matches include Ghana, Mali, and with Songhai.

But of course they would, if you're African American...

But I hope the DNA test didn't cost you very much, inasmuch as you could
have found this evidence for free on this very thread... [Smile]

[Wink]

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:

Tutmoses III (Djehutimes) & Sidney Poitier
 -

Egyptian Princess & Michael Jackson
 -

Barack Obama & Ikhnaton --- Michelle Obama & Queen Tiye
 -

Ikhnaton - Barack Obama
 -
the hieroglyph reads "Barak (praise...)"

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Journey of the Afro-pick

1) Ancient Egypt c2800 bc_______________________ 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) Other African picks
 -
 -

...then on to America
 -

of course, some folks in Ancient Egypt, like the Great Genius Imhotep, had no use for a pick...
 - Imhotep

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com