EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » African Americans and Ancient Egyptians (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: African Americans and Ancient Egyptians
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by argyle104:
[qb] Wally wrote:What precisely is your point? Do you have a point or are you simply doodling...

The Gullah are African Americans, who, like the Creole of Louisiana speak a
patois of African-English/French and like all African Americans are the descendants of
Mossi, Senufo, Mande, Fulani, Toubou, Fulbe, Sara, Moussei, Massa, Wolof,
Akan, Ewe, Mandinga, Songhai, Tuareg, Moor, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Kanuri, Ibibio,
Tiv, Ijaw, Ovimbundu, Kimbundu, Mongo, Luba, Kongo, Mangbetu-Azande, Fang, Punu,
Nzeiby, Mbede,...

By Mande, I assume you actually mean Mende...because Mande is an ethno-linguistic group. I don't know about all of the ethnic groups you listed, but definitely some of them like the Malinke (Mandinka), Yoruba, Akan, etc. I question the Tuareg and Moors...at least directly. And I doubt they would have made up a major part of the slave population.
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
African Americans are related to the Ancient Egyptians by way of migrations of
Africans from the Nile valley, the slave trade which served to combine these
various groups, who were already pretty much combined, and who became
African-Americans. The lineage is historical and has nothing to do with the
fact that the Ancient Egyptians and African Americans are Blacks.

Here's the problem Wally. Your theory may be correct, but until there's archeological evidence to back it up...most people won't believe it. I believe Central Africa (in particular the Sahara) is the key. Many of these "tribes" already claim they came from the East or North-East. We have to hope to begin to find links. People will always say linguistic evidence can be manufactured and twisted to say what you want. The same can even be said about genetic evidence. What is always irrefutable is hard, archeology.
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King_Scorpion:
quote:

Here's the problem Wally. Your theory may be correct, but until there's archeological evidence to back it up...most people won't believe it. I believe Central Africa (in particular the Sahara) is the key. Many of these "tribes" already claim they came from the East or North-East. We have to hope to begin to find links. People will always say linguistic evidence can be manufactured and twisted to say what you want. The same can even be said about genetic evidence. What is always irrefutable is hard, archeology.
The entire basis of your argument is predicated on a false assumption;
that what I am presenting is a theory!

(Theory: An unproven speculation)

a) I am not theoretically from Louisiana. I am!

b) I am not theoretically an African American. I am!

c) It isn't theoretical that at least two-thirds of the slaves arriving in
Louisiana, during a specific period, were Serer, Wolof, Fulani, and Mande (Malinke); creators
of Louisiana's Creole culture...

All of this is not only a matter of factual historical record but of my own
personal knowledge of who I am as a person!

Why in heavens name would I need an archeologist to tell me my own history,
(but alas, that's why selling the Snake Oil of "your roots DNA" is such a lucrative scam...)

d) But my ancestry, is not limited to the Serer, Wolof, Fulani, and Mande - why
is there a Congo Square in New Orleans?

I am specifically personalizing this in order to demonstrate that reality
can not be successfully concealed behind the curtain of "archeology" if challenged.

So, let us start from the beginning; prove to me that I am NOT an African American
from Louisiana...Then work your ways backwards...

[Cool]

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agyle104
------------

Oh Argie....Argie BOY!!!

We Await you to define
----------------
DEFINE THE CENTER POINT IN AFRICA

DEFINE WHAT IS NORTH OF THE THIS SO CALLED CENTER POINT IN AFRICA

DEFINE WHAT IS EAST OF THIS CENTER POINT IN AFRICA!!

What is taking so long you European Mongrel, did you not say you don't run from questions???

Here is a link of Argyle's beatdown....
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000734;p=1

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone has to explain it to you then you're dumber than I thought.

Divide the land mass in half horizontally. The horizontal midpoint is where the two halves meet.

Divide the land mass in half vertically. The vertical midpoint is where the two halves meet.

The centerpoint is where the horizontal midpoint and the vertical midpoint meet.

Jari-Ankhamun, your GED is calling for you.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:
If someone has to explain it to you then you're dumber than I thought.

Divide the land mass in half horizontally. The horizontal midpoint is where the two halves meet.

Divide the land mass in half vertically. The vertical midpoint is where the two halves meet.

The centerpoint is where the horizontal midpoint and the vertical midpoint meet.

Jari-Ankhamun, your GED is calling for you.

Where is this Midpoint Fagyle aka Ja boo-boo??

You see this Ja-boo boo Horse Chow lie between his yellow teeth...Trying to squirm like a roach from his fabrications...

If its so easy to do Fagyle Why not Do as I asked and

DEFINE THE CENTER POINT IN WEST AFRICA

DEFINE THE CENTER POINT IN EAST AFRICA

MUUUUU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I looove watching you squirm from your delusions...

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jari-Ankhamun wrote:
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

ha ha ha heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

People, the intellectual thrashings I have administered to Jari-Ankhamun has driven him mad!

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks as though the 'children' here have, once again, glommed onto another topic of mine!

glom: to latch onto something, steal, grab, attach something that is totally irrelevant to the topic...

quote:
quote:
quote:

a) I am not theoretically from Louisiana. I am!

b) I am not theoretically an African American. I am!

Louisiana, during a specific period, were Serer, Wolof, Fulani, and Mande (Malinke); creators

(but alas, that's why selling the Snake Oil of "your roots DNA" is such a lucrative scam...)

can not be successfully concealed behind the curtain of "archeology" if challenged.

So, let us start from the beginning; prove to me that I am NOT an African American

[Cool]

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
African Americans: A Pan-African people

The north western slave port at Goree Island, Senegal was only one of several
points of departure for Africans being taken to the United States. There were
other points as well, stretching as far southward as the present state of Angola.
These ports of departure were used for transporting Africans from the African
interior - a vast interior; this was the standard method of European colonialism
to move African resources (ie., slaves) from the interior to the ports, where roads
and rail routes were built expressly for this purpose.

The ethnic origin of African Americans includes, but is not limited to, the
following African peoples:

Northwest Africa to the Gulf of Guinea;
Mossi, Senufo, Mande, Fulani, Toubou, Fulbe, Sara, Moussei, Massa, Wolof, Akan,
Ewe, Mandinga, Songhai, Tuareg, Moor, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Kanuri, Ibibio, Tiv, Ijaw...

Angola South;
Ovimbundu, Kimbundu, Mongo, Luba, Kongo, Mangbetu-Azande, Fang, Punu,
Nzeiby, Mbede...

In everything, there is both positive as well as negative elements. One of the
positive elements of the African slave trade to the United States, was that it
created the first contemporary Pan-African ethnic group; a group with a common
language and culture and separated only by class distinctions.

African Americans have the unique distinction of being historically-genetically
related to a vast majority of African ethnic-linguistic groups. In this sense, the
African American identification to all African cultures is not merely a philosophical one,
as in the case of a European Swede identifying with a European ancient Greece; The
African Americans' identification with all African cultures, including and especially,
the ancient Nile valley cultures, is both historically and genetically authentic and valid.

Jari Judah
Member # 17584

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jari Judah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man=tak
woman=takat
mountain=ribaab
water=yam
boy=oot
girl=oor
soul=Gin'a
Good= Da ayiitu
place= Di'iy-a

Wait a minute what is the point of all of this?
What are you looking for or to decipher? Is it something written in Beni-Amer or another tribe.
Like most countries, we speak alot of slang so some things are called by many different things.

Posts: 116 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by DhulAlQarnain:
man=tak
woman=takat
mountain=ribaab
water=yam
boy=oot
girl=oor
soul=Gin'a
Good= Da ayiitu
place= Di'iy-a

Wait a minute what is the point of all of this?
What are you looking for or to decipher? Is it something written in Beni-Amer or another tribe.
Like most countries, we speak alot of slang so some things are called by many different things.

The point of all of this is science - the empirical verification of the evidence...

For example, you have provided some words which we will accept as factual
in To Bedawi...

let us take your first word;

man = tak

- now in the Mdu Ntr we have

man = tha

let us take your second word;

place = Di'y-a

- now in the Mdu Ntr we have

place = dje

Now we don't all have to work at NASA in order to see the genetic relationship
between these two examples; so please give this forum a more extensive
To Bedawi vocabulary...please...this is incredibly wonderful!

[Cool]

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Anyone who walks the streets of America and who observes the African
Americans whom they past must at least subconsciously see the historical
reality of the Ancient Egyptian Civilization; they must certainly sublimely
see individuals who look like the "Bantu" Great sphinx, or the "Beja" Queen
Hatshepsut, or the "Masai" Tutankhamen...

The greatness and genius of Ancient Egypt was that it was a Pan-African Civilization,
the most nearly perfect one created by man to this date. The Ancient Egyptians, like the
African Americans, were a mix of ALL of these African ethnicities...

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Africans from the Nile valley: Wolof, Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa...

[Cool]

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
...and the realization of the African Americans' genealogical/historical descent
from the Nile Valley isn't a narrowly confined focus or an either-or concept:

a) African Americans are also descendants of the Kushite Civilization

b) African Americans are also descendants of the great Civilizations of Ancient
Ghana, Mali, Songhai...

c) African Americans are also descendants of the Kongo Civilization...

All of these realities are due to the processes of African history, from the
far reaches of African antiquity to the modern era...

[Cool]

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
[Cool]
Read this post from its beginning, which postulates that the Wolof, The Lebu,
The Fulani, The Yoruba, The Soninke, The Akan..., are emigrants from Ancient Egypt
and which provides documentation to substantiate this claim; and because African
Americans are the descendants of all of these groups would also indicate a direct
lineal descent from this ancient Nilotic Civilization - Keme.t niut...

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Move it up.

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

a) I am not theoretically from Louisiana. I am from Louisiana!

b) I am not theoretically an African American. I am an African American!

[Cool]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are all Europeans Greek?
Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Anyone who walks the streets of America and who observe the African

The greatness and genius of Ancient Egypt was that it was a Pan-African Civilization,
the most nearly perfect one created by man to this date. The Ancient Egyptians, like the

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the brainless lion:

Are all Europeans Greek?

No, but weren't all Egyptians African?? And aren't all Sudanese African for that matter also?? I'm pretty sure most of them were black since that is what indigenous Africans are called. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
following the social voyage of a word

(from)
Ancient Egypt: sok - to pound grain (sokh - to strike, beat)
(to)
Wolof: sookha - to pound, remove chaff
(to)
African American: sock - to strike; "sock it to me"

<><><>

(from)
Ancient Egypt: o ke - correct, right
(to)
Mande : o ke - all right
(and)
Wolof: wah keh - all correct
(to)
African American (1700s) ok - correct, right

<><><>

(from)
Ancient Egypt: napy - a lock of Ancient Egyptian hair
(to)
African American: nappy - tightly coiled / curled unaltered hair.
Coiled hair in its natural state as found on people of African descent

also:

Ancient Egypt
Nab: A braid, knot, or curl, of hair
Napy: A braid, knot, or curl, of hair

Wolof:
Nab: A braid, knot, or curl, of hair

African Americanism
Nappy: A braid, knot, or curl, of hair

<><><>

(from)
Ancient Egypt: djam (jam) - to throw up the arms or hands in gladness
(to)
~
African American: jam; "If you can't help tapping rhythms on the table, if
you've got music running in your mind, or if you
whistle -- not the tune, but the harmonies behind
it, then you can jam. "/ jamboree - happy festivities

<><><>

(from)
Ancient Egypt: bou - to shine, be bright
(to)
~
African American: boo - boyfriend/girlfriend

<><><>

(from)
Ancient Egypt: boubou - splendor, magnificent appearance
(to)
~
African American: booboo - common nickname in the African American community

also,

Ancient Egypt: Bou - to regard with wonder, delight, love
Bou.i (My.Bou) = "My love, My admiration", "My delight", "My esteemed (one)"...
(to)
African Americanism: My boo = (see above)

<><><>

(from)
Ancient Egypt: deg - to see, to look at carefully
(to)
wolof: dega - to understand
(to)
African American: dig - to see, understand ("can you dig it?" - "You dig?")

<><><>

Okra is a green pod from the okra plant which, like coffee, originated in Ethiopia
(to)
Ancient Egypt: okre (jkr)
(to)
Igbo: ọ́kụ̀rụ̀
(to)
African American: okra (pronounced 'oh.kree' in Louisiana)

<><><>

...but human vocabulary does not have to necessarily come directly
to America by Africans, but can come indirectly...

Ancient Egypt: Baby; Baba, Babe, Baby, Beby - the first-born (son of Osiris)

Greek: The Greeks then adopted this term which became in their language Bebon

Bebon in Greek eventually became Baban in 14 century English.

English - modern

Baban would modify to become Babe, which would be superseded
by Baby - representing a dialectical transformation back into its original form!

<><><>

(from)
Ancient Egypt: won noufre - "eternally happy"
(to)
Greek: onuphrius - "eternally happy"
(to)
Italian: onofrio - "eternally happy"

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
Originally posted by the brainless lion:

Are all Europeans Greek?

No, but weren't all Egyptians African??
all Africans are not Egyptian
all Europeans are not Greek

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
...expanded examples of the correspondence between
Ancient Egyptian and Yoruba:

Ancient Egyptian - Yoruba

ab (female) - abo (female)

Abi (against) - Ubi (against / impediment)

Adumu (a water god) - Adumu (a water god)

Ak (male) - Ako (male)

ala (boundary) - ala (boundary)

alu (child) - ole (embryo)

amon (to hide, concealed) - amon (to hide, concealed)

Anubi (evil deity) - Onubi (evil person)

apoti ( pot; cup) - apoti (pot; cup)

Aru (mouth) - Arun (mouth ) Ilaje

Aru (rise) - Ru (rise up)

Ash (invocation) - Ashe (invocation)

atef (crown,plumes) - ade (crown, plumes)

au.nu (crocodile) - o.ni (crocodile)

Ausa (Osiris, father of the gods) - Ausa (father)

baba (father) - baba (father)

bahtan (compatriot) - ibatan (compatriot)

Bebi, (first son of osiris) - Ube, a god

Beka (pray/confess) - Be or ka (to pray or confess)

Beru (force of emotion) - Beru (fear)

Bi (to become) - Bi (to give birth, to become)

Bu ( place) - Bu ( place)

Bu bi (evil place) - Bubi (evil place)

Budo (dwelling place) - Budo (dwelling place)

buhuru (evil) - buburu (evil)

Deb/dib (to pierce) - Dibi (to pierce)

Didi (red fruit) - Diden (red)

Do (river) Odo (river)

Do (settlement) - Udo (settlement)

dua (prayer) - adua (prayer)

Dudu (black image of Osiris) - Dudu (black person)

Edjo (cobra) - Edjo (cobra)

Em (smell) - Emi (smell)

enen (no) - enen (no)

Enru (fear / terrible) - Eru (fear / terrible)

Ere (python/ Serpent) - Ere (Python / Serpent)

Fa (carry) - Fa (pull)

fahaka (silvery fish) - fahaka (silvery fish)

Fare (wrap) - Fari (wrap)

Feh (to go away) - Feh (to blow away)

Ged (to chant) - Igede (a chant)

hen (yes) - hen (yes; nod head)

Hepi (a water god) - Ipi (a water god)

Heqet – Re (frog deity) - Ekere (the frog)

Hika (evil) - Ika (evil)

Hir (praise) - Yiri (praise)

Hoo (rejoice) - Yo (rejoice)

hor (elevated) - hor (elevated)

Horise (a great god) - Orise (a great god)

Horiwo (head) - Oriwo (head)

Horuw (head) middle Egyptian - Oruwo (head) (Ijebu)

Iset (a water god) - Ise (a water god)

Ka (rest) - Ka (rest/tired)

Kaf (pluck) - Ka (pluck)

Kamwr (great black) - Kuru (extremely black)

Kan (one: Middle Egyptian) - Okan (one)

Ke (hill) - Oke (hill)

keh (axe) - aake (axe)

Khenti amenti (big words of Osiris Yenti – yenti (big, very big)

Khepara (beetle) - Akpakara (beetle)

Khu (to kill) - Khu (death)

ko (reject) - ko (reject)

Kom (complete) - Kon (complete)

Kot (boat) Oko (boat)

Kot (build) - Ko (build)

Kum (a club) - Kumo( a club)

Kun / qun (brave man) - Ekun (title of a brave man)

Kurubu (round) Kurubu (deep and round)

Kurud (round) - Kurudu (round)

Ma (to know) - Ma (to know)

Ma or mi (to breath) - Mi. (to breathe)

Ma-su (to mould) - Ma or su (to mould)

Maat (goddess of justice) - Mate (goddess of justice)

Mhebi (humble) - Mebi, humble to ones family

Min (a god) - Emin (spirit)

miri (water) - miri (dazzle of water)

Mu (water) - Mu (drink water)

nů (to wipe, erase) - nů (to wipe, erase)

Nam (water god) - Inama (water god)

naprit (seed) - naprit (seed)

Nen, (the primeval water mother) - Nene (mother)

ni (I) - mi (I)

No (a water god) - Eno (a water god)

noki (fabulous beast) - inoki (fabulous beast)

Oba (to direct, captain, authority) - Oba (king)

Odonit (festival) - Odon (festival)

Ola (Exalted) - Olu (deity, God)

omau (child) - omo (child)

Omi (water) - Omi (water)

Omitjener (deep water) - Omijen (deep water)

On ( living person) - One ( living person)

Oni (Osiris' ethnicity ) - Oni (title of the king of Ife)

Osa (tide) - Osa ( tide)

Osa (time) - Osa (time)

Osiri (a water god) - Oshiri (a water god)

oufi (crown) - kufi (crown)

Pa (open) - Pa (break open)

Penka (divide) - Kpen (divide)

Po (many) - Po (many/cheap)

Ra (possess) - Ra (possess/buy)

Ra (time) - Ira (time)

Ra -Shu (light after darkness) - Uran-shu (the light of the moon)

ran (name) - ran (call me..)

Re - Ire : That which is good, goodness; (ba.re.ka) , blessing

Rekha (knowledge) - Larikha (knowledge)

Ren( animal foot) - Ren (to walk)

Reti (to beseech) - Retin (to listen)

ririt (dirty) - riri (dirty, like a hippo)

Ro (talk) - Ro (to think)

Run-ka (spirit name) - Oruko (name)

Saddu (abode of the dead) - Sadu (abode of the dead)

Salug (god of) - Saluga (god of )

Sami (water god) - Sami (a water god)

Sata (perfect) - Santan (perfect)

Se (to create) - Se (to create)

Semati (door keeper) - Sema (lock/shut the door)

Sen (group of worshippers) - Sen ( to worship)

Shabu (watcher) - Ashonbo (watcher)

Shekiri (water god) - Shekiri (a water god)

Sueg (a fool) - Suegbe (a fool)

Ta (land) - Ita (land junction)

Ta (sell / offer) - Ta (sell/offer)

Ta(spread out) - Ta (spread out)

Tan (complete) - Tan (complete)

Tebu (a town) - Tebu (a town)

Un (living person) - Una (living person)

Unas (lake of fire) - Una (fire)

Win (to be) - Wino (to be)

Wu (rise) - Wu (rise

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
Move it up.

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:

...and the realization of the African Americans' genealogical/historical descent

Ghana, Mali, Songhai...

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Ghana, Mali, Songhai...

Most ancient Egyptians had features that were more relatively more similar to Somalis, Sudanese and Ethiopians rather than West Africans where most of us AA's are from. Most of us are more similar to the Kushites that's indisputable. yet even more similar to West Africans because the vast majority of us came from West Africa.

Egypt was not a "pan-African civilization".
That's completely made up. Where is your supporting evidence for that?
Wally never gives sources. The Egyptian empire the Egyptian empire stretched from Northern Syria to the Sudan.
They did not colonize Central, West and South Africa and had minimal influence there.

You can take any two ancient religions form totally unrelated ares of the world, on different continents and find some similarities.
You will find a lot of coincidences because humans often come up with the same ideas in different places often without knowledge of the other places.

To call ancient Egypt a "pan African civilization" is a big stretch based on wishful thinking.

This line of thinking is actually Eurocentric without realizing it. The subliminal concept is that Egypt is more important because of it's influence on European culture and that European culture is more similar to it than it is to the rest of African culture.

Why does everything have to be compared to that yardstick?

Unwittingly we are still in the matrix

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:

-

Note also that these totemic/ancestral names would come to mean essentially
the same as the Greater Ntr Name of Ancient Egyptians; Rome, Lomi or "The Men/The People"

a) Akan = "first people" in the Akan language

b) Oromo = "people," resurrected human being, people descended from Horo, in Oromo

c) Wolof = "people" of Jollof, in Wolof (not illustrated)

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We now have Egyptian Y-chromosome data the makes it clear that the Egyptians were closely related to West Africans-not Horners.

The reality that King Tut carried the y-chromosome R1b illustrates the West African-Egyptian connection.

The frequency of R1b among West African groups: Fulani, Mandekan,and Pygmy range between 86-100% according to Crusiani et al,2010.

This means that King Tut can be Rb1 and still be African.

It also explains why West African languages are related to Egyptian.

quote:
 -

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
quote:
Most ancient Egyptians had features that were more relatively more similar to Somalis, Sudanese and Ethiopians rather than West Africans where most of us AA's are from. Most of us are more similar to the Kushites that's indisputable. yet even more similar to West Africans because the vast majority of us came from West Africa.

Then by default African Americans look like the Ancient Egyptians. Since many African Americans look like Sudanese, Somalis, and Ethiopians then by your own admission they look like the Ancient Egyptians.

These people are so easy to defeat. No wonder they fear Argyle.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
wrote:
-------------------------------------
yet even more similar to West Africans because the vast majority of us came from West Africa.
-------------------------------------

People notice how this statement comes with absolutely no substantiation. It is sheer fantasy on the poster's part.

However for humor's sake lets pretend this is true. It still doesn't discount the ancestry that African Americans have with the rest of Africa and Asia.

People they are now in full retreat. You see first it was only "west" Africa, now that scholarship has exposed that premise for the lie it is, it is now "most/majority/etc" come from so called "west" Africa. They use "most/majority/etc" to try and keep you sandboxed in so called "west" Africa. It won't work.

Folks, as you can see I have defeated him once again. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL! : )

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Here's an interesting find that I culled for another topic...

It is the feminine article "the" and is pronounced "da" in the Mdu Ntr and is remarkably
the same as the African American expression "da" which means the same thing -
"I was in da club."

-

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here's an interesting find that I culled for another topic...

It is the feminine article "the" and is pronounced "da" in the Mdu Ntr and is remarkably
the same as the African American expression "da" which means the same thing -
"I was in da club."

-

Great fine.

Wally you have the material for a great book within these pages. I hope one day you can edit the material and publish it as a short book.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
incredible. so called "eboniccs" are actually ancient Egyptian derived.

Maybe other connections can be found.

what for example is the ancient etymology of "bee-otch" and "steez"?

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
incredible. so called "eboniccs" are actually ancient Egyptian derived.

Maybe other connections can be found.

what for example is the ancient etymology of "bee-otch" and "steez"?

The research indicates that many Afro- Americans speak Ebonics. Ebonic speakers use an African morphology and syntax analogous to that found among Niger-Congo speaking people in West Africa, and an English vocabulary.

As a result these Afro-Americans have a different orthography, phonetic system and deep grammatical structure from Standard American English (SAE). This causes manifold Ebonic speakers to have difficulty grasping the correct SAE phonemes represented by its symbols and reading in general. This failure to match Ebonics and SAE interfers with the development of reading fluency among some speakers of SAE.

The psychological literature makes it clear that our ability to use language will determine our success in school. It is therefore language that allows us to determine strategies for problem solving, word meanings, factual knowledge and procedures for doing things.

There is an innate mechanism for learning language. Language in humans is an instinct that results from interaction between a
child and his environment, culture and ethnic origin. This process provides the child with the necessary phonemic elements to create words to name objects.

During the slave trade African slaves were brought to America from West Africa. In this area people speak the Niger-Congo languages.

During much of the slavery period African slaves were usually isolated from white Americans. But it is believed that the English spoken in the south and west counties of Britain may have been the model of English acquired by the slaves in Virginia.

Years of social separation of African Americans and whites, first during slavery, and later due to segregation led to a continuity of Niger-Congo linguistic features among many African Americans. Traditionally Ebonics is seen as a form of SAE with a transformed phonology or surface structure pursuant to the transformational theory of linguistics developed by Chomsky.

This view of Ebonics is false. Ebonic speakers use an African 1) morphology and syntax, and 2) a vocabulary that is English.

Ebonics has evidence of Niger-Congo influence in grammatical features, vocabulary survivals, consonant clustering avoidance and absent phonics. In Ebonics the word dig, is used to mean understand. This corresponds to the Wolof word "dega" 'to understand'. For example, lets compare sentences:

SAE: Do you understand English?

Ebonics: D'ya dig black talk?

Wolof: Dega nga olof?

In African languages, to acknowledge that everything is all right you would say "waw" along with the emphatic particle "kay", this would be pronounced "Wow Kay". This corresponds to the American use of the phrase "OK", to signify "all right, certainly".

In the Niger-Congo languages and Ebonics, the final consonant clusters are never pronounced, e.g.,
  • SAE … Ebonics

left …lef

desk …des

fast …fas

We also find that Ebonics and Niger-Congo speakers will not produce certain sounds found in SAE, e.g.,

SAE … Ebonics

think … tink

then … den

drift …drif

build …bil

This clearly indicates that Ebonics and SAE are mutually intelligible, but like German and Norwegian (which belong to the same family of languages as English) they are mutually distinct.

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
The etymology of "Ebony"; and hence "Ebonics"

Ebony: Any of several African and Asian trees of the genusDiospyros, providing a hard, durable,
black wood.

Iboni (ee.boh.nee)
 -

Heboni (hay.boh.nee)
 -

The determinative = Khet (Shay) = "wood"

Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oromo people contend that they are the primary descendants of ancient egyptian peoples. they might be a branch of descendants. why no one has ever brought up the oromo link to ancient egypt?

--------------------

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Serpent Wizdom:
quote:
oromo people contend that they are the primary descendants of ancient egyptian peoples.
they might be a branch of descendants. why no one has ever brought up the oromo link to
ancient egypt?

<><><> Come on now, this info is posted on this very page! <><><>

quote:

-

the same as the Greater Ntr Name of Ancient Egyptians; Rome, Lomi or "The Men/The People"

b) Oromo = "people," resurrected human being, people descended from Horo, in Oromo

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
They said AA's weren't Egyptian but in fact African Americans average 2.3 % North African
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we aren't egyptian. i do believe that everyone who is african and african descent can be proud of that great african kingdom. we aa's have geneology from all over africa.

--------------------

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Serpent Wizdom:
quote:
oromo people contend that they are the primary descendants of ancient egyptian peoples.
they might be a branch of descendants. why no one has ever brought up the oromo link to
ancient egypt?

<><><> Come on now, this info is posted on this very page! <><><>

quote:

-

thanks. [Confused]
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Serpent Wizdom
we aren't egyptian. i do believe that everyone who is african and african descent can be
proud of that great african kingdom. we aa's have geneology from all over africa.

One can understand why you self-describe youself as [Confused] ...

Can you not see the very contradiction in your post?

"African Americans have genealogy from all over Africa (but) we aren't Egyptian."

is the same contradiction as, for example,

"European Americans have genealogy from all over Europe (but) we aren't Irish."

Which is to say:

"European Americans have genealogy from all over Europe except from Ireland."

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
That's right Serpent all Europeans are Irish
all African Americans are Egyptian

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
That's right Serpent all Europeans are Irish

No, idiot.

a) European Americans are descendants of the English, Irish, Italians, Swedes, Slavs, Czechs,
Greeks, Germans...

b) African Americans are descendants of the Wolof, Yoruba, Dogon, Tuareg, Moors, Igbo, Vai,
Fulani, Ancient Kushites, Ancient Egyptians, Ancient Kongo...

Note: In this case, African and European Americans refers specifically to those Americans
whose ancestry in the United States is at least 4 (120 yrs) generations in the U.S.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[qb] That's right Serpent all Europeans are Irish

No, idiot.

o.k., no
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:

a) European Americans are descendants of the English, Irish, Italians, Swedes, Slavs, Czechs,
Greeks, Germans...

b) African Americans are descendants of the Wolof, Yoruba, Dogon, Tuareg, Moors, Igbo, Vai,
Fulani, Ancient Kushites, Ancient Egyptians, Ancient Kongo...

Note: In this case, African and European Americans refers specifically to those Americans
whose ancestry in the United States is at least 4 (120 yrs) generations in the U.S.

The 2 generations of Caroline Kennedy...

1) Caroline Kennedy

2) parents

John F. Kennedy
Jacqueline Lee Bouvier

3) grandparents

John Bouvier III (France)
Joseph P. Kennedy (Ireland)
Janet Lee (England)
Rose Elizabeth Fitzgerald (Ireland)

...and the farther back you go, the more varied is the ethnic ancestry...

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^Like I said all Europeans are Irish
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Ancient Egyptian origin of the Onicha people of Nigeria and chagrin that
the ancestral homeland is now a foreign colony...

by Ugonabo Onwa Amene Esq.
quote:
The land of Kemet or ancient Egypt, also called Idu or Igodomigodo by our ancestors, now
sadly inhabited by descendants of Arabic and Turkish (with other European) invaders, was
before the invasion, the ancestral land of Onicha people and many other African nations.

We were forced to make a southern migrational exodus to avoid annihilation by the constant
invasion from foreign forces from Persia, Turkey, Albania, Macedonia and other parts of
Europe. The land of Egypt was a very sophisticated and super advanced nation of civilized
people. The foundation of ancient Egypt was laid by Africans who are now scattered in
disorganized groups called tribes and clans; in total ignorance of their identities,
contributions to world science, arts and their very advanced civilized roots in ancient Egypt.

Now and then, it hurts a lot to see the ways that Turkish-Arabs have been desecrating the
ancient tombs and graves of our African ancestors in Egypt. Our ancestral graves are being
excavated on a daily basis in the name of “research”. If these were their ancestors would
they be allowing these desecrations and digging up of their ancestors for studies and
research? In the name of research and studies, they are destroying land marks and coded
information left by our ancestors for us and our children. Six years ago, they conducted a
melanin pigmentation/skin color test on the skins of 25 Pharoahs and ancient Egyptian
mummies that they excavated and found that they were all Africans with very dark skins but
this information is yet to be published in the bi-annual Egyptian Historical Society magazines.
The Key is to keep the African in stupor and ignorance of his great past...

fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fellati achawi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

During much of the slavery period African slaves were usually isolated from white Americans

very good point i have been wondering about because of the many statements that aa's english is influenced in which i wondered how when separation was not only a law but a social norm

quote:
...(the 17th president andrew)johnson, once an indentured servant learning the craft of tailoring.. with repressed anger, '...declared, 'moving very near to Mr. douglass(frederick)...(that) poor whites and... blacks had always been bitter enemies and if they were thrown together at the ballot box' a race war would ensue...johnson (told them)...black people should emigrate -william s. mcfeely, frederic douglass pp. 247-248
quote:
the chief hallmark of the redlegs(caucasians)had been their absolute refusal to interbreed with the negroes -michael hoffman II they were white and they were slaves ....that the lowest of all beings, the redshanks(caucasians). the latter were miserable and degraded white men who, priding themselves on their caucasian origin, looked with contempt upon the african race. -sheppard, jill, the redlegs of barbados, their origins and their history

--------------------
لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله

Posts: 495 | From: anchorage, alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fellati achawi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
SAE: Do you understand English?

Ebonics: D'ya dig black talk?

Wolof: Dega nga olof?

question for clyde? niger-congo talk is always placed as conjugating their pronouns when using verbs ex. m na-eri nri-i am eating (igbo), where the short m sound stands for the pronoun mu or it's emphatic form munwa(myself)
ebonics around my way have contractual emphasis such as in future tense first person singular the word ama is used as in amago tda sto(i will go to the store) i attach ama with the verb go because that is how it is heared.
past tense would be
ibin went tda sto(i have went to the store} which is modernized and influenced because of the usage of went while west indians and coastal west africans keep the original form [b]migo tda sto[b/] where the meaning can be present or past . this is the same with ancient mdu ntr ex. sdm=f he hears but can be used also for heared in the past except when the past needs top be stressed then it would be sdm.n=f placing na in front of the contracted f. if going to the store needs to be stressed in the past then done is put in front of the verb like midungo tda sto (i have already left for the store.) in arabic zhahabtu ile mhal where tu is representative of I attached to zhahab however they dont say that arabic or other semitic languages contract their pronouns but in actuality that is what they stand for.

--------------------
لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله

Posts: 495 | From: anchorage, alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com