EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » When to use "black" and when not to... (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: When to use "black" and when not to...
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlessedbyHorus:
^^^

Hollywood=/=Academia.

Most filmmakers in Hollywood are laymen who never even read scientific anthropological date on the AE, so I can careless if they depict the Egyptians as pake skinned Europeans. Its up to us blacks in America to make our own film industry/media.

Edit: Heck I think I remember the film producer of Gods of Egypt saying he just made them "white" because he wasn't really sure what race the AE were...

Bull sh*t. I already post prominent Egyptologists who are currently sponsoring DIGS in Egypt saying Victor Mature was a perfect representation of Horemheb.

Go to ANY school of Egyptology in America and Europe and call the AE black and they will tell you point blank that they were not black. And what they are referring to is skin color, which includes brown skin as well.

White scientists have been rejecting the idea of the AE as black since they discovered Egypt including folks like Zahi Hawass. Don't start talking that silly tripe that the white scientists 'really' believe otherwise, because they don't.

White scientists created scientific racism stupid and they are deserving of criticism and are not 'objective' in any sense other than individuals who buck the system and publish truth, but those are individuals who buck the system. The system still promotes lies.

National Geographic:
 -
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2009/04/hatshepsut/hatshepsut-illustration

-
http://natgeotv.com/asia/burying-king-tut

-
http://blog.education.nationalgeographic.com/2014/10/22/new-view-of-king-tut/

Looks just like Gods of Egypt to me.

Just admit it. You want approval from these folks which is why you would rather be a lap dog and not challenge them.... Including telling lies to defend them.

-

Posts: 8891 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^^No offense but your reading is really off. Read my reply to you AGAIN. Especially the "Hollywood=/acedemia".

NO ONE is denying racism in Egyptology(hell I agree that Egyptology to an extent was founded on racism), but that LAYMEN in Hollywood are NOT the same as those in academia.

Since you brought up Hollywood depicting AE as white in their films. Again their opinions does not matter because like I said most film makers are not even well versed in the origins of the Ancient Egyptians, hell Hollyweird is not well versed in ANYTHING historical!

Now do you get what I am saying?

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
^^^No offense but your reading is really off. Read my reply to you AGAIN. Especially the "Hollywood=/acedemia".

NO ONE is denying racism in Egyptology(hell I agree that Egyptology to an extent was founded on racism), but that LAYMEN in Hollywood are NOT the same as those in academia.

Since you brought up Hollywood depicting AE as white in their films. Again their opinions does not matter because like I said most film makers are not even well versed in the origins of the Ancient Egyptians, hell Hollyweird is not well versed in ANYTHING historical!

You are stupid then.

How about that?

If you don't see the obvious that white folks run both Egyptology and hollywood you are stupid. They are same people who raped Africa and AE history. Racism requires no advanced degree. These are the same dam people.

Don't talk that retarded nonsense to me.

As long as they are in power in Hollywood and in control of the antiquities in Egypt they will never show the AE as anything other than white people because of racism. This is not an 'expertise' issue it is a racism issue.

I am getting tired of clowns trying to sit here and claim these people are 'objective' when everything they do shows just the opposite. GTFOH with that nonsense.

Posts: 8891 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are you going to do about it?
Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I ran Amenhotep's STR profile against
distinct ethnic groups with pooled Upper Egypt
and pooled Sudan data it overturned narrow
sampling used 5 years ago.

It sure was silly to think results convincing
when Egypt, Sudan, and Nilo-Saharans
left out.

This table shows Upper Egypt, Sudan, and
Somali as closest to Amenhotep's profile.

Kenya BaNtu follows further behind.

Above comments based on weighing locus
and allele matches and frequencies.

Below comments are observations on
ethnic and geographic affinities of some
loci and alleles.

CSFP1O = 6; San
D7S820 = 6; Biaka
FGA = 31.2; Kenya Bantu
alleles are exclusive in Africa to only the above today.

D2S1338 = 16 27; Egypt Sudan
D18S51 = 16 22; Egypt Sudan Somali
FGA = 23 31.2; Somali
loci are only found today as where named.

D16S539 = 8 13 locus and
D2S1338 = 16
D13S317 = 10
D18S51 = 16
FGA = 23 alleles are not very specific markers.

D21S11 = 34 interestingly enough appears
only in Biaka, San, Mbuti, and NE Africa.

The situation is more complex than simply
closest matching population or geography.
This was well worth revisiting.

-

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Amenhotep III is the blackest looking of all Pharaohs

-just kidding

Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Comparatively, the Yuya Mummy:

-

Not your typical South African

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post 
Updated

NO MATTER WHAT MIXTURE PEOPLE MIXED WITH, ALL OF THE MIXTURE MAKES BROWN.

BLACK COLOR, WHITE COLOR, RED COLOR, YELLOW COLOR, ORIGINAL COLORS, BROWN COLOR'S MIXTURE

Black Mixes With Red

Child Comes Out Red

THE CHILD RED OR BROWN

Child Comes out Black

THE CHILD BLACK OR BROWN

Meaning Yellow Mixes With White

Child Comes Out White

THE CHILD WHITE OR BROWN

Child Comes out Yellow

THE CHILD YELLOW OR BROWN

continued repost

Meaning Yellow Mixes With Red

Child Comes Out Yellow

Child Comes Out Red

THE CHILD RED OR BROWN

Black Mixes with White..

Child comes out White

THE CHILD WHITE OR BROWN

Child comes out Black

THE CHILD BLACK OR BROWN

Black mixes with Yellow..

Child comes out Yellow

Child comes out Black

THE CHILD BLACK OR BROWN

Black mixes with Red..

Child comes out Red

THE CHILD RED OR BROWN

Child Comes out Black

THE CHILD BLACK OR BROWN

etc for all Peoples Mixtures..

BROWN IS MIXTURE.

NO MATTER THE COLOR PEOPLES SKIN COLOR NOT DARK

ALL PEOPLE COME FROM BLACK PEOPLE

DARK SKIN ALL EUROPEANS

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
quote:

You are stupid then.

How about that?

If you don't see the obvious that white folks run both Egyptology and hollywood you are stupid. They are same people who raped Africa and AE history. Racism requires no advanced degree. These are the same dam people.

Don't talk that retarded nonsense to me.

As long as they are in power in Hollywood and in control of the antiquities in Egypt they will never show the AE as anything other than white people because of racism. This is not an 'expertise' issue it is a racism issue.

I am getting tired of clowns trying to sit here and claim these people are 'objective' when everything they do shows just the opposite. GTFOH with that nonsense.

Yeah now I definitely see what Swenet was talking about... And I thought you were a good poster.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
↑ That is EXACTLY what it all boils down to: made-made RULES.

When I say that the AE weren't black according to a particular tradition, some knuckleheads think I'm questioning the Africanity of the AE.

If many brown and dark brown skinned North Africans fall outside of the definition of 'black' of a particular observer, and I acknowledge that such a definition exists (e.g. Ptolemy who only considered the tribes around Meroe "pure Aethiopians" and "true blacks"), that doesn't mean that I'm co-signing that tradition.

SMH. These are subjective rules, and yes, if someone uses 'black' in reference to any other skin tone than what visually appears to be jet-black skin, their own definition of 'black', whatever it is, is based on subjective rules. And yes, Ptolemy's definition of who has 'black' skin is more defensible than other definitions of who has 'black' skin, including the al Jahiz one I've subscribed to in the past.

If you're going to argue that Ptolemy is wrong for applying brown to brown-skinned Egyptians and lower Nubians and black to those further south who had jet-black skin, you're chemically imbalanced and I don't need to be talking to you.

DUMB ASS I AM SAYING THEY WERE THE SAME COMPLEXION AS SUDANESE WHO NOBODY HAS A PROBLEM CALLING BLACK. NOBODY GOES TO SUDAN AND CLAIMS ONLY SOME SUDANESE LIKE THE DINKA AND NEUER ARE BLACK WHILE THE REST ARENT, EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE VARIOUS SHADES OF BROWN IN SUDAN JUST LIKE THERE ARE VARIOUS SHADES OF BROWN THROUGHOUT ALL OF AFRICA. EGYPT WAS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER AFRICAN POPULATION STUPID. THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE IN COMPLEXION IS MY POINT.

STOP TALKING RETARDED.

WHEN I SAY BLACK I MEAN BLACK.

YOU ARE BEING REFUCKINGTARDED.

NOBODY IS GOING TO SIT HERE AND TRY TO COME UP WITH HUNDREDS OF DIFFERENT NAMES FOR INDIVIDUAL SHADES OF BROWN FOUND ACROSS ALL OF AFRICA. THAT IS ABSURD. BLACK IS PERFECTLY SUFFICIENT AS A RFEFERENCE TO TROPICALLY ADAPTED BLACK POPULATIONS IN AFRICA. AND THAT IS HOW THE WORD IS DEFINED IN THE DAM DICTIONARY AND HOW IT HAS BEEN USED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS. AND THERE WAS NO "SPECIAL" SHADE OF BROWN CALLED "EGYPTIAN #22" THAT WAS UNIQUE TO EGYPT. THEY WERE BLACK. PERIOD, WITH THE SAME KINDS OF FEATURES AND SKIN COLOR AS OTHER BLACK AFRICANS.

YOUR POINT IS STUPID.

I AM NOT FLIP FLOPPING YOU SIMPLY ARE DISGUSTING WITH YOUR B.S.

WHEN WHITE SCIENTISTS REJECT BLACK FOR AE THEY ARE REJECTING WHAT I JUST SAID, MEANING THEY REJECT THAT THE AE HAD A SKIN COLOR SIMILAR TO MOST AFRICANS AND SUDANESE. YOU SIMPLY ARE TALKING GARBAGE WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER.

Doug, dry your eyes and take your medicine. There have always been people who didn't group all shades of brown into 'black'. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, given your racial politics, but get over it. You're starting to look like a mental case right now.

quote:
Now the inhabitants of the marches are not yet fully black but are half-breeds in matter of color, for they are partly not so black as the Ethiopians, yet partly more so than the Egyptians. Apollonius, accordingly, when he realized the character of the market, remarked: "Contrast our good Hellenes: they pretend they cannot live unless one penny begets another and unless they can force up the price of their goods by chaffering or holding them back; and one pretends that he has got a daughter whom it is time to marry, and another that he has got a son who has just reached manhood, and a third that he has to pay his subscription to his club, and a fourth that he is having a house built for him, and a fifth that he would be ashamed of being thought a worse man of business than his father was before him.
http://www.livius.org/ap-ark/apollonius/life/va_6_01.html

And yes, brown skinned North Africans in Sudan and elsewhere are often called non-black using whatever use of 'black' they adhere to. You're delusional, Doug. And you can't read. But what else is new?

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
↑ That is EXACTLY what it all boils down to: made-made RULES.

When I say that the AE weren't black according to a particular tradition, some knuckleheads think I'm questioning the Africanity of the AE.

If many brown and dark brown skinned North Africans fall outside of the definition of 'black' of a particular observer, and I acknowledge that such a definition exists (e.g. Ptolemy who only considered the tribes around Meroe "pure Aethiopians" and "true blacks"), that doesn't mean that I'm co-signing that tradition.

SMH. These are subjective rules, and yes, if someone uses 'black' in reference to any other skin tone than what visually appears to be jet-black skin, their own definition of 'black', whatever it is, is based on subjective rules. And yes, Ptolemy's definition of who has 'black' skin is more defensible than other definitions of who has 'black' skin, including the al Jahiz one I've subscribed to in the past.

If you're going to argue that Ptolemy is wrong for applying brown to brown-skinned Egyptians and lower Nubians and black to those further south who had jet-black skin, you're chemically imbalanced and I don't need to be talking to you.

DUMB ASS I AM SAYING THEY WERE THE SAME COMPLEXION AS SUDANESE WHO NOBODY HAS A PROBLEM CALLING BLACK. NOBODY GOES TO SUDAN AND CLAIMS ONLY SOME SUDANESE LIKE THE DINKA AND NEUER ARE BLACK WHILE THE REST ARENT, EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE VARIOUS SHADES OF BROWN IN SUDAN JUST LIKE THERE ARE VARIOUS SHADES OF BROWN THROUGHOUT ALL OF AFRICA. EGYPT WAS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER AFRICAN POPULATION STUPID. THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE IN COMPLEXION IS MY POINT.

STOP TALKING RETARDED.

YOU ARE BEING REFUCKINGTARDED.

NOBODY IS GOING TO SIT HERE AND TRY TO COME UP WITH HUNDREDS OF DIFFERENT NAMES FOR INDIVIDUAL SHADES OF BROWN FOUND ACROSS ALL OF AFRICA. THAT IS ABSURD. BLACK IS PERFECTLY SUFFICIENT AS A RFEFERENCE TO TROPICALLY ADAPTED BLACK POPULATIONS IN AFRICA. AND THAT IS HOW THE WORD IS DEFINED IN THE DAM DICTIONARY AND HOW IT HAS BEEN USED FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS. AND THERE WAS NO "SPECIAL" SHADE OF BROWN CALLED "EGYPTIAN #22" THAT WAS UNIQUE TO EGYPT. THEY WERE BLACK. PERIOD, WITH THE SAME KINDS OF FEATURES AND SKIN COLOR AS OTHER BLACK AFRICANS.

YOUR POINT IS STUPID.

I AM NOT FLIP FLOPPING YOU SIMPLY ARE DISGUSTING WITH YOUR B.S.

WHEN WHITE SCIENTISTS REJECT BLACK FOR AE THEY ARE REJECTING WHAT I JUST SAID, MEANING THEY REJECT THAT THE AE HAD A SKIN COLOR SIMILAR TO MOST AFRICANS AND SUDANESE. YOU SIMPLY ARE TALKING GARBAGE WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER.

Doug, dry your eyes and take your medicine. There have always been people who didn't group all shades of brown into 'black'. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, given your racial politics, but get over it. You're starting to look like a mental case right now.

Why is that only relevant to Egypt? I don't see anybody questioning the use of the term black for any population in Africa below Egypt. And we all know that across Africa there are many shades of brown. Just like there are many shades of brown among Africans in the diaspora like in Europe, the Americas and the Caribbean. So why is it perfectly fine to call all of these shades of brown black everywhere else but not Egypt? You are clowning yourself trying to sit up here and claim that there is some 'real' science behind not wanting to call the AE black. There is none. They don't want the AE to have any complexion similar to any population in Africa or the Diaspora. You are simply trying to claim that racists aren't racists and that somehow all this is a misunderstanding when it isn't. There is no misunderstanding about what black means in terms of skin color. You simply are lying.

quote:

quote:
Now the inhabitants of the marches are not yet fully black but are half-breeds in matter of color, for they are partly not so black as the Ethiopians, yet partly more so than the Egyptians. Apollonius, accordingly, when he realized the character of the market, remarked: "Contrast our good Hellenes: they pretend they cannot live unless one penny begets another and unless they can force up the price of their goods by chaffering or holding them back; and one pretends that he has got a daughter whom it is time to marry, and another that he has got a son who has just reached manhood, and a third that he has to pay his subscription to his club, and a fourth that he is having a house built for him, and a fifth that he would be ashamed of being thought a worse man of business than his father was before him.
http://www.livius.org/ap-ark/apollonius/life/va_6_01.html

The point is they used the word black as a reference to skin color moron. You just contradicted yourself again. Since page one you have been claiming that 'black' had different meanings and wasn't a reference to skin color yet here they are using it. So you just keep going in circles trying to deny the obvious that black has always been a reference to skin color. And in this particular example, they don't use some other term to represent the 'mix breeds' they just call them 'less black'. Come on dude. Give it up already. Everybody knows what black means and you are simply being asinine about the idea that the word 'black' is so complex that someone doesnt understand it as a reference to skin color when your own references state just that.

quote:

And yes, brown skinned North Africans in Sudan and elsewhere are often called non-black using whatever use of 'black' they adhere to. You're delusional, Doug. And you can't read. But what else is new?

Last I checked, all the scientists I have heard and Egyptologists called Sudanese black. So again, where is this 'science' saying the Sudanese aren't black people and that the word black isn't valid in Sudan with all the different ethnic groups and variations of brown skin there? There is no one shade of brown in Africa and therefore if science was so 'objective' then no population of Africans anywhere on the planet or other populations outside of Africa would be called black because they aren't literally all the same color. But that is not how it works in reality and you know it. The issue here is that there is no problem calling the Sudanese and other Africans South of Egypt black. The problem is calling the AE black and again, it is because the racists refuse to show the AE as anything similar to other Africans in skin color. Your appeals to objectivity are simply hot air because these folks are not being objective they are racist. If black wasn't valid they wouldn't use it anywhere but they do and it means what I said it means, dark skinned tropically adapted skin colors, as found in Africa. They know that and so does everybody else. You are the only one sitting up here trying to claim there is some other meaning for the word and that it isn't about skin color when everybody knows that it is.

European descriptions of Sudan and its history from 100 years ago where they impose 'racial politics' on ancient history along the Nile, with all its inherent contradictions. To claim that anyone on this forum introduced this is nonsensical.

quote:

IV All these people are Muhammadans and have Arab blood in their veins, but racial characteristics derived from non-Arab ancestors have survived very persistently, and more noticeably so among the Mahass and Sukkot. The Kanuz and Danagla approximate very much more to the Arab type.

At the same time, the importation of slave women from the south, which has proceeded uninterruptedly for centuries, has lent a further measure of spurious homogeneity to all of these Nubian peoples 4 .

As regards the Barabra as a whole one thing is quite certain: there are no grounds for closely connecting them as a race with the Nuba of southern Kordofan as Riippell, Rossi and Keane did 1 . They are very similar in type to the Middle Nubians who lived between 3000 and 4000 years ago in the same locality, but these had no more racial affinity with the southern Nuba than the Barabra-Danagla have, and the latter are almost the complete antithesis of the southern Nuba both physically and culturally 2 .

It may be the case, and probably is, that the southern Nuba are to some extent the modern representatives of the race of negroes who temporarily held Dongola and the cataract country south of Haifa in the days of the Middle Kingdom and early Empire and whose congeners, no doubt at a later date, formed part of the forces of the Ethiopian dynasty that conquered Egypt and ruled it for something less than a century, but these negroes were aliens in the northern Sudan and most of them were forced back to the south, and their place in Lower Nubia was taken by its original inhabitants and settlers from Egypt.

In the Dodekaschoinos 3 it is probable that the negroes had hardly displaced the original inhabitants, but south of Haifa they must have done so temporarily and to some extent modified the racial type in the process. But, even so, allowing for periods of interruption, it is true to say that from the time of the Middle Empire (2000-1600 B.C.) and onwards for centuries, and throughout the Meroitic, Ptolemaic and classical periods, and again in the years preceding the decisive Arab conquest of the Sudan, a strong infiltration of the Egyptian and, later, of the Egypto-Arab type was steadily and almost un- interruptedly proceeding in the northern Sudan and the negro element was correspondingly decreasing in that region.

VI It will be seen too that this prolonged infiltration to the south was more than the return of an ancient population, reinforced by fresh blood, to its quondam home on the river. When once the Arabs had overthrown the Christian kingdom of Dongola and established themselves in its place, they rapidly amalgamated with the local Nubians and began to send colonies further afield.

Thus it came about that Barabra, with an Arab leaven, penetrated into Kordofan and settled round about the most northernly of the Nuba mountains and intermarried with the negroes who were probably descendants of the erstwhile conquerors of Nubia 1 . The immigrating race, in addition, imposed its own language upon the blacks in their vicinity, and thus are explainable the linguistic affinities which have troubled so many generations of investigators. The Barabra, in short, do not speak a language akin to that of the northern Nuba of southern Kordofan because the negroes conquered Nubia, the negroes probably spoke some language or languages of their own that may still survive in the mountain fastnesses of the far south, but because the Barabra colonized the country round the foot of the northern hills of Dar Nuba. The conclusion, however, has here anticipated the argument and we must revert.

The Earliest Inhabitants of Nubia

VII As regards the earliest period it has been proved that those shadowy inhabitants of northern Nubia, who are known to archaeologists as "Group A," were contemporaries of the pre-dynastic Egyptians, that both buried their dead in the same way and that in cultural matters there were marked similarities. The two peoples must have been practically uniform 2 , and their stock may have extended in a more or less diluted form from Egypt to the Blue Nile and Abyssinia 3 . They were a "small, dark-haired, black-eyed, glabrous people" bearing a close resemblance to the Libyans of the southern Mediterranean seaboard, and were, in the earliest period of all, devoid of all negro characteristics 4 .

The First Arrival of the Negroes

VIII Later, about the time of the third dynasty, negro types began to settle in Nubia as far north as Aswan, and from now onwards "the population that grew up was a mixture of early Nubian and dynastic Egyptian with an ever increasing Negro element 5 ."

(a) The Bahr el Ghazdl Type

These negroes were for the most part "short and relatively broad- headed," of a type akin to that found at the present day in the south of the Bahr el Ghazal province, and entirely distinct from the invaders of the Empire period.

(b) The Nilotic Type

The tall Nilotes, Shilluk, Dinka and Nuer of the White Nile valley, who now intervene between the Bahr el Ghazal and Nubia, and are dissimilar to either group and display certain Bantu affinities, could not at the time of the earlier (Bahr el Ghazal) invasion have yet occupied their present position 1 . It is likely that they arrived there during the second millennium B.C., or later.

The "C Group" in Lower Nubia

IX By the time of the twelfth dynasty the fusion of races in Lower Nubia had resulted in the production of the singularly homogeneous blend of traits which distinguish the people of the Middle Empire, that is, dynasties twelve to seventeen, or "C Group"; the very type which in a modified form is represented in the same locality by the Barabra of the present day.

By the same date the population further south must have become almost exclusively negro (nehes).

Early Libyan Influences in Nubia

X Concurrently with the early negro infusion into Nubia further racial modification was probably being caused by the settlement on the Nile of Libyans (Temehu) from the western oases and the steppes
of northern Kordofan.

In the time of the sixth dynasty, about 2750 B.C., Harkhuf, the Governor of the district round Aswan, went to Yam, i.e. Lower Nubia on the west side 2 , and, he says, "I found the chief of Yam going to the land of Temeh to smite Temeh as far as the western corner of heaven. I went forth after him to the land of Temeh and I pacified him... 3 ." Harkhuf then went southwards through Upper Nubia, crossed over to the east bank, and returned downstream to Egypt bringing with him incense, ebony, oil, grain, panther-skins, ivory and throwing-sticks 4 . The advocates of the Libyan theory find here evidence that the Libyans (Temehu) lived between the first and second cataracts, but as Giuffrida-Ruggeri remarks 5 , "there is still the possibility suggested by Hrdlicka 6 that these Temehu lived... on the oases of Kharga and Dakhla, which are in the Libyan desert...."
Christianity had penetrated to the Ethiopians and Blemyes refers to the Abyssinians and Troglodytes converted by Frumentius in the east 2 , but it is none the less probable that there were Christians in Nubia at the same period, and the record of Cosmus Indico- pleustes prove that there were some there in the fifth century 3 .

XXVIII In the sixth century conversion took place on a larger scale. A certain priest named Julianus "...was greatly concerned for the black people of the Nobades, who lived on the southern border of the Thebaid, and as they were heathen he wished to convert them " He accordingly persuaded Theodora, the Empress of Justinian, to send him on a mission to Nubia. There he "taught and baptized the king and the nobles, and... thus were all the people of Kushites converted to the orthodox faith 4 , and they became subjects of the throne of Alexandria 5 ."

https://archive.org/details/historyofarabsin01macmuoft
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

quote:

...SHADES OF BROWN FOUND ACROSS ALL OF AFRICA.

quote:

I AM NOT FLIP FLOPPING FLOPPING

quote:

You're starting to look like a mental case right now.

-when you see all capital letters it's a sign the mental state is deteriorating
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Good work.

Deleted my first comment because I thought I would take more time to analyze your table. But a quick glance at it confirms what DNATribes stated. Even including your new sample sets. The Amarnas lean towards Southern Africans. Like San – 167, 250, and Biaka 025, 150, Mbuti 231, 077, SAFRb 188, 250, KenB 091, 227, 045

So DNATribes was correct. The Amarnas lean towards Southern Africans and based upon DNATribes dataset Levantines and Amazigh are not very close to AEians.

But the fact is based upon the dataset DNATribes used, Great Lakes and South Africans carry closest affinity. And NOT Horners. Which was Swenet’s argument

BTW – I recommended this be in a different thread. As a mod I guess you can sort that out.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More Doug flip flops:

1) Throughout this thread, Doug has tried to peddle his BS claim that 'black' has always included a range of brown pigmentation.

2) I then prove this wrong by posting Ptolemy and other late Greeks who used 'black' ONLY in reference to jet-black skin, while considering brown skin BROWN (not 'black').

3) Instead of addressing what I said, Doug flip flops and starts talking about dumb crap like whether or not 'black' is used as a color by that late Greek. As usual, Doug starts spacing out and knocking down the strawmen in the figments of his imagination:

quote:
The point is they used the word black as a reference to skin color moron.

No sh!t, captain obvious. Black was applied as a skin color in late Greek times. But your claim that that 'black' has always implied a range of brown skin colors just got torn a new one. Maybe that's why you're so butthurt.

Doug, take your meds.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Good work.

Deleted my first comment because I thought I would take more time to analyze your table. But a quick glance at it confirms what DNATribes stated. Even including your new sample sets. The Amarnas lean towards Southern Africans. Like San – 167, 250, and Biaka 025, 150, Mbuti 231, 077, SAFRb 188, 250, KenB 091, 227, 045

So DNATribes was correct. The Amarnas lean towards Southern Africans and based upon DNATribes dataset Levantines and Amazigh are not very close to AEians.

But the fact is based upon the dataset DNATribes used, Great Lakes and South Africans carry closest affinity. And NOT Horners. Which was Swenet’s argument

BTW – I recommended this be in a different thread. As a mod I guess you can sort that out.

Tunnel vision on your part.

Seven populations star in A III's movie.
It's the NE Afrs who steal the show i. e
* Upper Egypt
* Sudan
* Somali

Don't play dumb about pooling.
Stand three midgets on their
shoulders and they're taller
than any baller but they can't
sweep downcourt and dunk
can they?

The table by target, latitude, and longitudeas originally loaded

-

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Tunnel vision?! But the fact is your data supports DNATribes proposal. Because of the "uniqueness" of these STRs between AIII and San/Mbuti (not Biaka) proves the ancient connection with the deep South . IIRC the Mbuti align with Nilo-Saharans . So it makes sense. DNA TRIBES was correct.

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
quote:
Good work.

Tunnel vision on your part.

Seven populations star in A III's movie.
It's the NE Afrs who steal the show i. e
* Upper Egypt
* Sudan
* Somali

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Let me break it down for you. Eg CSFP1O. yes, it has highest frequency in Somalia at 093. But you are making the big mistake as many Eurocentrics.
The frequency does not mean shyte without “uniqueness”. Most Africans carry CSFP1O including Yorubans. So that nullifies CSFP1O. With that in mind the overview is AIII and the Amarnas STRONGLY lean towards the South as DNATribes susggested.

In fact the more I look at your table the more I am convinced DNATribes was correct. Step through the STRs of AIII and you will see a pattern. Just eye ball it, no computers necessary. Most of the STRs are not “exclusive” to AIII and your populations in Egypt/Sudan?som. Those STRs shared with Som, Sud, UpEg are very common throughout Africa. Amazingly the exclusivity lies with San, Biaka, MButi, KenB. There is “some” exclusivity with SOM which may be indicative of a genetic trail of ancestors of the AEians migration path. Keep in mind they are all Africans

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Let me break it down for you. Eg CSFP1O. yes, it has highest frequency in Somalia at 093.

Wha? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

quote:
The frequency does not mean shyte without “uniqueness”. Most Africans carry CSFP1O including Yorubans.

Wha? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

Everyone in the know reading this is laughing at your contortions at this point. Just stop it bro. Enough is enough.

You came back without proof, even though I challenged you to put money where your mouth is and provided links to the samples. I had to provide the links because you pretended that you hadn't seen the page they were on. Now you're pretending that you don't know by now that your interpretation of DNA Tribes is full of bs.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you wrote about CSFP1O is ignorant.
It is simply a locus used in determining
relationships between individuals and
or populations.

No most Africans do not carry CSFP1O = 6.
That is why the San percentage of 16.7% is
so significant. San alone of all the sampled
Africans carry CSFP1O = 6.

CSFP1O = 9 is absent in Senegalese Mandenka,
Mzabi, South African BaNtu, and Biaka. Its freq
shows a Somali, Kenya baNtu, Mbuti, Yoruba
Cline tapering off with a weaker Sudan and
trivial Upper Egypt showing.

No sampled populations (continental Africa +
Israel) harbored A III's locus pair CSFP1O = 6 9.

Of course a more robust sample set could
alter the above which is why I invite all to
submit your own test results. No one
who's worked at it as has Swenet
(who corrected pop resolution) is
going to listen to opinionated
caterwauling from a MENSA
won't put up original data
gathering and analysis.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Siiiiigh!!! What is your problem? Calm down man. This is not a pissing contest besides I would win that one. You and Beyoku are cut from the same cloth man. Quick pick up on insignificant stuff. CSFP1O=9!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at your fkging chart. Most Africans carry CSFP1O=9 including AIII. I assume, your chart does not show it, but AIII CSFP1O=6?

Trying to explain to “me” what a lucus is is really stupid and shows you psycho state. I am only interpreting what your Table has. Not sure where you got the details from? I assume AIII has CSFP1O with 6 repeats since it was included. Which means San and AIII share a fkging uniquesness.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Lip service is all we getting from you.
But if you change your mind you might
post it as an original table to ES.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
An apology would be better……..

quote:
Lip service is all we getting from you.
But if you change your mind you might
post it as an original table to ES.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Siiiiigh!!! What is your problem? Calm down man. This is not a pissing contest besides I would win that one. You and Beyoku are cut from the same cloth man. Quick pick up on insignificant stuff. CSFP1O=9!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at your fkging chart. Most Africans carry CSFP1O=9 including AIII. I assume, your chart does not show it, but AIII CSFP1O=6?

Trying to explain to “me” what a lucus is is really stupid and shows you psycho state. I am only interpreting what your Table has. Not sure where you got the details from? I assume AIII has CSFP1O with 6 repeats since it was included. Which means San and AIII share a fkging uniquesness.

Tables are made of rows and columns.
This table's 1st row lists the basic 8 STRs
of Amarna mummies.

The 2nd row gives the values of Amenhotep's
paired alleles for each locus. The following
rows do the same for 4 nations, 12 ethnic
groups, 4+ language families, and 8 regions.

To the right of the main frequency table is
a count of matching locus allele pair,
highest frequency allele, and single
alleles between A III and a selected
sample. The highest frequency allele pair
column is empty because in this case no
locus has the highest frequency for both
its alleles.

Below the main frequency table each
allele's hi freq nation or ethnicity is
noted making easy to spot assessments
of today's major harborers of a 3300 year
old pharaonic set of STRs.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
You are going over-board while you did pain- sakingly good work this is very simple. AIII carry 6 repeats at CSFP1O and 9 repeats at the other region. Most Africans carry 9 repeats also. But only San carry 6 repeats…along with AIII. Step through the process. No computer needed. By a process of elimination through shared STR one has to conclude DNATribes was right. This is very simple. No emotional outburst needed or waving your small dick around is needed.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Tukuler:
quote:

of Amarna mummies.

[/QUOTE]
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
More Doug flip flops:

1) Throughout this thread, Doug has tried to peddle his BS claim that 'black' has always included a range of brown pigmentation.

2) I then prove this wrong by posting Ptolemy and other late Greeks who used 'black' ONLY in reference to jet-black skin, while considering brown skin BROWN (not 'black').

3) Instead of addressing what I said, Doug flip flops and starts talking about dumb crap like whether or not 'black' is used as a color by that late Greek. As usual, Doug starts spacing out and knocking down the strawmen in the figments of his imagination:

quote:
The point is they used the word black as a reference to skin color moron.

No sh!t, captain obvious. Black was applied as a skin color in late Greek times. But your claim that that 'black' has always implied a range of brown skin colors just got torn a new one. Maybe that's why you're so butthurt.

The only person claiming that 'black' only applies to a certain segment of the population is you. Don't start lying because you have been shown WRONG again by your own dam citations.

Remember, YOU said white scholars don't use the term black. YOU said that it is a racial term and not based on skin color. YOU said that it is not scientific. Yet here they are using this term to this very day as a reference to skin color all over Africa. So again, you are wrong and you need to stop trying to resuscitate your comatose point.
quote:

Doug, take your meds.

[Roll Eyes]

Tukuler
Member # 19944

No, you don't know how to do it right.

A III has 6 and 9 at CSFP1O.

San have 6, no others sampled do.
That makes it very significant.

9 seeps from Somalia westward
through Kenya toward Congo
showing up in southern Nigeria.
Remnants linger in Sudan and
Upper Egypt though Palestinians
have roughly the same amount.

quote:
You are going over-board while you did pain- sakingly good work this is very simple. AIII carry 6 repeats at CSFP1O and 9 repeats at the other region. Most Africans carry 9 repeats also. But only San carry 6 repeats…along with AIII. Step through the process. No computer needed. By a process of elimination through shared STR one has to conclude DNATribes was right. This is very simple. No emotional outburst needed or waving your small dick around is needed.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Tukuler:
quote:

of Amarna mummies.

[/QUOTE]
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Ok. Expand on “empty” in your table. I assume that empty=no value in a column means…..what? I interpret CSFP1O=6 mean only San and AIII matches and the others do not have the same repeats. ie 16.7% of San carry 6 repeats for CSFP1O. Keep in mind the pattern is hyperbolic for STR within any population.

---
To the right of the main frequency table is a count of matching locus allele pair,highest frequency allele, and single alleles between A III and a selected sample. The highest frequency allele pair column is ****empty**** because in this case no locus has the highest frequency for ****both**** its alleles

---

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Most populations DO NOT carry 6 or 9 repeats at CSFP1O. They may carry 7 or 5 or some other numbers. Keep in mind the STRs fall within a range

-

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Aw hell naw
While I work on Thuya
U ain't doctor my table
U lazy biscuit eater

I'm done wit ur asz, cuzn

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Royal ancestress Thuya's alleles are PanAfrican today.
Her exact STR profile is extant in Upper Egypt & Sudan.
Somali and South Africa baNtu would otherwise be nearest.
Somalia due to loci & allele totals, S Afr Bantu to loci & highest frequency allele sums.

Standing out are
D2S1338 = 26; Senegalese Mandenka, Yoruba, S Afr Bantu
D21S11= 26; Mbuti

-

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The weighed version

-

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Sorry, couldnt edit so hadto repost

Royal ancestress Thuya's exact STR profile is extant in Upper Egypt & Sudan.
Her alleles are PanAfrican (including Israel/Palestine -- tectonic Africa) today.

Somali and South Africa baNtu would otherwise be nearest.
Somalia due to loci & allele totals, S Afr Bantu to loci & highest frequency allele sums.

Standing out are
D2S1338 = 26; Senegalese Mandenka, Yoruba, S Afr Bantu
D21S11= 26; Mbuti

- [/QB][/QUOTE]

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I am not doctoring anything. This is a teaching and learning moment. Using your chart as an example. Example with CSFP1O for AIII and San. They are the ONLY two that carry 6 repeats at that one locus. The matching locus(9) - many African carry 9 repeats. In that same column(CSFP1O) the empty space/blank means a different amount of repeats are in that locus. That number could be 4,5,7,9(not 6). At the other locus it could be7, 8,10,11(not 9) etc. The repeats are usually a narrow range. That is why it is a standard distribution curve. That is what separates geographic populations . So for example at CSFP1O Europeans may 15-20 repeats at that locus. And that is how you know we are looking at an African vs European population. So undoubtedly the Amarnas are pure Africans. But the question we are trying to answer here is WHICH modern African population they are genetically closest too. Modern Europeans and Levantines are not even in the conversation. Swenet tried to BS his way through with Tribescore which he did not understand. He moved that target and tried to do his own analysis. So here we are….

I look at as …..16.7% ONLY found in San and AIII( 6-repeats). That is an exclusive connection. Same is seen with Biaka for D2S1338 (6 repeats), KenB for FGA 31 repeats. With that approach it is evident the Somalians do NOT have exclusivity with AIII. So it points to what DNATribes concluded. The Amarnas came from Southern Africa and probably admixing with an existing African population (Somalians?).

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Again all the Amarna you analyzed so far shows a strong genetic connection to modern Southern African populations. Unbelievable as it may sound. Goes to shows you cannot use eyeball anthropology. And brings that question of plasticity. Can the environment have that dramatic and rapid effect on phenotype?

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Why can't you tell me something I didn't
already post when I put up tthe A III table.

Why can't you research and build your own tables.

Why can't you stop fronting? CSFP1O = 20?
Prove there is any such thing why don't you.

Africa and Europe both have CSFP1O = 6
limited to one ethnicity or nation for each..
All Old World major geographies, the Pacific,
Central and South America carry CSFP1O = 9.

Re-posting for perusal not glances:
quote:

... Amenhotep's STR profile against distinct ethnic
groups with pooled Upper Egypt and pooled Sudan
data shows Upper Egypt, Sudan, and Somali as the
closest to Amenhotep's profile.

Above comments based on weighing
locus and allele matches and frequencies.

loci and alleles.

FGA = 23 31.2; Somali

CSFP1O = 6; San
D7S820 = 6; Biaka
FGA = 31.2; Kenya Bantu

D16S539 = 8 13 locus and
D2S1338 = 16
D13S317 = 10
D18S51 = 16

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Yo! As a mod why don’t you move this to another thread?

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
You are welcome.....

quote:

You said to bring it…I am bring the heat bro. Great incite and discussion.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I don’t have all the world populations STR profile in my head. I am good but not that good. I am explaining how the process works using YOUR table. I don’t have the Amarnas exact STR numbers either. Once you understand how it works it becomes easy. And the premise of what I posted still stands. DNATribes got it right. YOUR Table confirms that.

quote:

Why can't you stop fronting? CSFP1O = 20?
Prove there is any such thing why don't you.

Africa and Europe both have CSFP1O = 6
limited to one ethnicity or nation for each..
All Old World major geographies, the Pacific,
Central and South America carry CSFP1O = 9.

Re-posting for perusal not glances:
quote:

... Amenhotep's STR profile against distinct ethnic
groups with pooled Upper Egypt and pooled Sudan
data shows Upper Egypt, Sudan, and Somali as the
closest to Amenhotep's profile.

Above comments based on weighing
locus and allele matches and frequencies.

loci and alleles.

FGA = 23 31.2; Somali

CSFP1O = 6; San
D7S820 = 6; Biaka
FGA = 31.2; Kenya Bantu

D16S539 = 8 13 locus and
D2S1338 = 16
D13S317 = 10
D18S51 = 16

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
BTW – Just so you know. Different world populations may carry the same STR repeats at ONE locus. But when you include a “second” STR locus the differentiation begins. That is why I said earlier in this thread that at minimum ONLY “TWO” STR are needed to give a” preliminary” geographic profile. But the more the merrier. Lol! JAMA released 8 STRs for the Amarnas. That is more than enough. DNATribes got it right. As YOU have showed no” proprietary software” is needed. Lol!

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Charlie Bass was correct...the war is over.

--------------------

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finding which African population carries the matching Repeat of a specific STR found in AE Mummies a the highest frequency does not debunk DNA Tribes proprietary algorithm. It gives you something to talk about, a new way of taking the data and giving your own interpretation of what it means but it cannot debunk the commercial algorithm from DNA Tribes.

It is too simplistic to just look at a populations and try and break it down by peak frequency. These profiles are actual "PROFILES" so peak frequency may not be the determining factor of affinity as far a DNA TRIBES algorithm is concerned. To put things in perspective.....Lets assume the ancient DNA from the Lake Turkana remains has a heterogeneous Y-Chromosome profile of A3b, B2a, E1a, M2, M35 and E2. It would be incorrect to point to populations that Peak those respective lineages : Dinka, Nuer, Dogon, Bamileke, Somali, Alur respectively looking for some sort of parental genetic affinity. I would be equally incorrect to assume these 6 Ethnic groups individually contributed their Y-Chromosomes to the humans found at Lake Turkana in whatever proportion they are found.

When looking at Y-Chromosome STR profiles, it is the profile itself that you have to break down. You couldn't just go through each individual STR value to see where it peaks in a given population/haplogroup. One sequence of repeats may be more common in E1b1a, others more common in E1a, I2a or R1b. The totality of the STR profile will give you a better prediction of a REAL haplogroup.

I cannot sit back and say what is MORE correct. What i can say is their algorithm is proprietary. There is no way for us to know the details.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

You just proved you don't know what a STR locus is.

I explained it to you 3 times already so I give up
unless someone else wants a glossary type FAQ.

quote:
BTW – Just so you know. Different world populations may carry the same STR repeats at ONE locus. But when you include a “second” STR locus the differentiation begins. That is why I said earlier in this thread that at minimum ONLY “TWO” STR are needed to give a” preliminary” geographic profile. But the more the merrier. Lol! JAMA released 8 STRs for the Amarnas. That is more than enough. DNATribes got it right. As YOU have showed no” proprietary software” is needed. Lol!

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] Coming from a man who created a thread to understand Cluster/Kluster vs Population. ….nuff said. But we are all here to learn. Wink wink

Not to see who has the bigger dick!! Tukuler/Beyoku

quote:
You just proved you don't know what a STR locus is.

I explained it to you 3 times already so I give up
unless someone else wants a glossary type FAQ.

quote:

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Listen man if you don’t want to learn… I will shut up.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
Finding which African population carries the matching Repeat of a specific STR found in AE Mummies a the highest frequency does not debunk DNA Tribes proprietary algorithm. It gives you something to talk about, a new way of taking the data and giving your own interpretation of what it means but it cannot debunk the commercial algorithm from DNA Tribes.

It is too simplistic to just look at a populations and try and break it down by peak frequency. These profiles are actual "PROFILES" so peak frequency may not be the determining factor of affinity as far a DNA TRIBES algorithm is concerned. To put things in perspective.....Lets assume the ancient DNA from the Lake Turkana remains has a heterogeneous Y-Chromosome profile of A3b, B2a, E1a, M2, M35 and E2. It would be incorrect to point to populations that Peak those respective lineages : Dinka, Nuer, Dogon, Bamileke, Somali, Alur respectively looking for some sort of parental genetic affinity. I would be equally incorrect to assume these 6 Ethnic groups individually contributed their Y-Chromosomes to the humans found at Lake Turkana in whatever proportion they are found.

When looking at Y-Chromosome STR profiles, it is the profile itself that you have to break down. You couldn't just go through each individual STR value to see where it peaks in a given population/haplogroup. One sequence of repeats may be more common in E1b1a, others more common in E1a, I2a or R1b. The totality of the STR profile will give you a better prediction of a REAL haplogroup.

I cannot sit back and say what is MORE correct. What i can say is their algorithm is proprietary. There is no way for us to know the details.

As I posted earlier my concern is with
matching loci and alleles not DNAtribes.

I will say this, DNAtribes obviously missed
out honing in on Upper Egypt and Sudan
samples. Sudan samples offer much more
Nilo-Saharan than DNAtribes did. It is silly
to accept a search for modern occurrences
of Amarna STRs and exclude Upper Egypt
and Sudan.

I am examining autosomal STRs in profile
for Amarna haplotypes. A III had no extant
profile but Thuya's haplotype is found in
living Upper Egyptians and Sudanese.

To ascertain affinity in absence of haplotype
match, locus and even allele matching is
quite informative and accurate.

Tabling frequencies of alleles allows
* detection of haplotype
* number of loci matches 1 - 8
* number of allele matches 1 - 16
* number of highest frequency alleles
* number of loci whose allele pair is the highest frequency
which info is right of the main frequemcy table.

Then locus and allele markers are sought
and notice taken of sample sets having
the locus or allele and frequency gradation
of sample sets all to clarify usefulness of
a locus or allele for exclusivity identifying
significant modern ethnic groups or geography.

All in all pretty powerful for the meager resource
and certainly not based solely on frequency. But
please critique one of my findinds you find in error.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
For the newbies – a locus is a “location” ie an “address of a block of genes or genetic material. Eg FGA is an STR that is located at a specifc region ….or address or locus. Don’t believe me…Google it. Lol!

My man - Now put your small dick back in your pants.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
What are on about now. DNATribes was right. Amarnas are people from the “deep” south.

BTW – I did not want to point it out but you are using “allele” in the wrong context. Allele is essentially a base pair. I don’t recall the JAMA report go down to that resolution to disclose specific Neuclotide bases but you may know something I don’t. Carry on.

quote:
As I posted earlier my concern is with
matching loci and alleles not DNAtribes.

I will say this, DNAtribes obviously missed
out honing in on Upper Egypt and Sudan
samples. Sudan samples offer much more
Nilo-Saharan than DNAtribes did. It is silly
to accept a search for modern occurrences
of Amarna STRs and exclude Upper Egypt
and Sudan.

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BTW – Just so you know. Different world populations may carry the same STR repeats at ONE locus. But when you include a “second” STR locus the differentiation begins. That is why I said earlier in this thread that at minimum ONLY “TWO” STR are needed to give a” preliminary” geographic profile. But the more the merrier. Lol! JAMA released 8 STRs for the Amarnas. That is more than enough.

This. And this is why I stated that you have to look at the profile as a whole. One value may peak in a certain population but the combination of two, at a specific frequency not even being the peak frequency is what would differentiate continental groups. Perhaps proportion is more important in an analysis. Perhaps it's a combination of a lower African specific value in one STR and a higher African specific repeat in another that pulls or pushes the Ancient profile in whatever intra continental direction.

We are also making the mistake of assuming that these profiles were the standard ones of the region. I am assuming they are but the remains are of royals that have been inbreeding for a while.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post 
Great Discussion With The 2 Elders.

Seems That Somalians may get Related To the Southern Africans?

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Anyone got that new study released on Dienekes on Africans – Busby et al? My personal interest is more African influence OUTSIDE of Africa. Like the Neolithics migration. This study in more to do with inter-Africans genetic relationships. Beyoku may find it interesting. I am not familiar with the parsing out of African genes WITHIN Africa. I will look at that study later.

--------------------

This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  39  40  41   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com