EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 51)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I can't talk to people from other countries, then when I'm in Egypt, poor Hossam will be slightly confused, and rather bored!
Clearly I'm just not serious- damn me and my childish habit of communicating with people [Big Grin]

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argh, why did I have to check ticket prices! It has dropped soo much! I could have saved over forty pounds [Frown]

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well honestly, I know that I for one am a pretty sick person, but... I have talked to locals in lots of countries and *gasp* consorted with mixed couples!

EGADS! I have even been part of a mixed couple!!!

WEll, seriously I wouldnt expect anything better from some xenophobic know it all. She is after all the one that defended her use of the N -word.

Sashyra, shall we [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL @ EGADS

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
MS, no no, you must be serious. So, when you meet me and Sam, you better not say a single word. In fact, as us three are all from different countries, we should just sit around in total silence.
You are the only person I know to use "egads", I hadn't even heard of the word before you.

--------------------
Another one....

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you know what? By extension I cant even talk to many people in my country, as many of them are from different countries!!

Oh dear this is getting pretty complicated...

hehe, I do love a good word!

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mira Sol:
Well honestly, I know that I for one am a pretty sick person, but... I have talked to locals in lots of countries and *gasp* consorted with mixed couples!

EGADS! I have even been part of a mixed couple!!!

WEll, seriously I wouldnt expect anything better from some xenophobic know it all. She is after all the one that defended her use of the N -word.

Sashyra, shall we [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Roll,roll,roll your eyes [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] ...she hates it! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Xenophobic is actually another of my favorite words and without ????? I would have so few opportunities to use it.

--other favorites include quixotic and surly [Wink]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think tin-tin used to use egads ? nah, maybe not, can't remember where I used to see it. xD
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EGADS lol... I had to google it [Big Grin]

I have come to the conclusion that some people simply just argue your point for the sake of an arguement!!!

Now, if we were Egyptian men ????? would be nice to us [Wink] Vader, watch yourself dude [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
I guess that is why I am always a happy little ferret, I have been lucky enough to make my dreams a reality. [Big Grin]

When life hands you lemons happy people, slice em up and throw em in some vodka [Big Grin]

Lol LF, it is attitude of people that make them happy, some people carry good vibes and always positive, and others will complain about anything, I know some one who whenever asked how is she, the whinge starts! No matter how tough her life is, how nagging about it 24/7 will help??!!

I know I am going on but what I want to say LF you carry positive vibes it is always refreshing to read, now will you marry me?

ops I forgot we are married [Razz]

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iam happy as I have less than two weeks to be in egypt. I can't wait horayyyyyy
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Oooo...I am counting the days as well!
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Mira Sol:
Oooo...I am counting the days as well!

Cool have great time MS, I think the days gets longer nearer the time
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sara, just promise me that once we have been married a while you won't just take me for granted and stop complimenting me [Big Grin]

My theory is if you are complaining and moaning about something you aren't actually doing anything constructive to improve it [Big Grin] That and whiney people are so boring [Big Grin]

I am looking forward to meeting you guys so I am counting down the days as well... [Big Grin]

I have arranged to meet Kalila this week and I have had news off FK that she thinks the baby is looking for the exit...

I have 5 days of peace and quiet and no running around ahead of me so I am officially on holiday. The watch has come off and the vino is open.

PAR-TAY [Smile]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
I had a boss once that said, my door is open anytime, but don't come to me with problems...

come to me with solutions.

I really hated that boss, but it is an adage I have lived by. [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I like that adage. [Big Grin]

I hate it when you say to somebody 'how are you?' and they tell you!!!

I always tell people I am fabulous when they ask me, it scares them lol.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Well FK better have the baby friday, I'm not changing my date again!

Yay, not too long to Egypt. Can't believe I have Christmas first!
Christmas party in one week. Deadlines in two weeks, Christmas in three weeks, and Egypt in less than four!
Once the deadline is out of the way, I will be so happy that I shall be jumping off the walls!
Right now though, I am very chipper that I have a lil bit of chocolate a day from my calendar.

--------------------
Another one....

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am bouncey happy this morning as my friends are taking me to Sokhna [Big Grin]

OOO I am going to make sand castles and padddle me tootsies [Big Grin]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
I am bouncey happy this morning as my friends are taking me to Sokhna [Big Grin]

OOO I am going to make sand castles and padddle me tootsies [Big Grin]

I spent quite a few fantastic days at the beach there myself..... enjoy your trip!! [Smile]

And what do I hear?? Still no baby for FK? I suggest

RUNNING STAIRS UP AND DOWN UP AND DOWN ....! [Wink]

~ TL

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I go a fair bit TL... and despite misnomers printed of late I go with mixed couples and we take beer [Big Grin]

I cannot hear a pitter patter yet... FK, you are doing this on purpose now [Wink]

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

My mum did just tell me to run up and down the stairs... I answered "I am not running anywhere!"

Went to the midwife yesterday. She's booked me in for a sweep on Monday, if nothing happens I'll have a sweep on Wednesday, if nothing happens again I'll be induced on Friday! I did start having my 'show' yesterday though so really could be any day! Am getting nervous though, just want baby out and healthy.

If she doesn't come soon people will think I've been lying all this time and that I really have a balloon up my top which i make bigger each week!

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha! [Big Grin] Well I guess within a week we will all know!!

Btw please have the baby on Sunday... it will be my mom's 70th birthday too. TIA!! [Smile]

~ TL

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

First picture of me and baby!

http://i37.tinypic.com/2hz4swg.jpg

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fish killer:
First picture of me and baby!

http://i37.tinypic.com/2hz4swg.jpg

Very nice! [Smile]
I voted for the 8th. [Wink]

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
LOL you're just messing with us that's just a beach ball. [Big Grin]
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

I wish it was! could take it out when I go to sleep. I'm like a beached whale!
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Baldy must be getting bored! [Big Grin]

You got the final name yet?

--------------------
Another one....

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pic! [Smile]

New advice: you have to talk to the baby.
My boy was scheduled for December, 6th but I wanted to finally sleep on my belly again, so I said; get out, now!!
and he did [Big Grin] , he was born November, 26th...
(10 days early, already 3.650 kg)
He is still a very obedient kid. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Oh my!! That's exactly how I looked in each pregnancy but I want to spare you the sight! People inquired already in the six and seven month when I would be due and it must be very soon because 'you look so large'. [Roll Eyes]

FK, you need to deliver, PRONTO! Don't wait until Christmas!! [Wink]

~ TL

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

I think it'll be Isabella Ameria Lilly .....

All names have sentimental meanings for me [Big Grin]

what do you think?

If the doctors have got it wrong and it comes out a boy... well, I'm buggered!

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Well then you call him Baldy the second!

Isabella is nice, I will right away shorten it to Izzy though.
It is nice to see already she is showing her Egyptian time keeping skills. Guess we know she will be daddies lil girl.

Right, I most go kill my parrot, damn thing wont shut up.

--------------------
Another one....

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
FK, Please don't disappoint me, I have been just positive that it would be today, the 5th.
But I would still be happy if it were say, 1201 AM the 6th (so LF wont be upset)

Go girl, stairs or whatever it takes.

BTW cute pic!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Aw... I think it is a beautiful name for a beautiful bump [Big Grin]

Tomorrow she will be here; 06/12/08 is a fabulous date to me!!!

Too much tequila and sunshine... I think I am officially exhausted [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am up with the crows this morning... I feel great after a good sleep. Is it possible to have too much fun?

My itinerary for today is a bacon and egg sandwich followed by testing christmas lights and then off to Korba for a mooch [Big Grin]

FK will give birth to Izzy today [Big Grin] (this name is such a fave of mine [Big Grin] )

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

SP, not happy, going to bed.. humph
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ok, xmas tree is up... and then spent all day trying to repair broken lights that we bought in Korba lol...

The balcony is decorated and flashing like a pervert and I am seriously worried that with living so near the aiport I will wake up with an Airbus out there!!!

FK... make the most of the peace and quiet [Wink]

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

believe me i am, and the afternoon nap! tad stressed, all will be lovely when baby comes! [Big Grin]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fish killer:
believe me i am, and the afternoon nap! tad stressed, all will be lovely when baby comes! [Big Grin]

I bet anything since you are overdue the baby will walk out of you instead of being pulled by the doctor or nurse on duty. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I told FK the baby will come out ready for kindergarden at this rate!!!!
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
He'll come out and ask for beer instead of milk.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
pmsl... How cool would it be to sleep all day and only wake for beer!

I wanna be a beer baby [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
YAY

FK has had her little baby [Big Grin]

I am off to wet the babys head [Big Grin]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Bring over the cocktails and varied trays of mezze and pastries!!!!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
And tequila and vodka and gin and jack...

[Wink]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Argh, you may keep the tequila and jack, I'll stay by the cocktail table.

--------------------
Another one....

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Lightweight [Big Grin]

I have a Vodka Redbull at the mo... never had it before so I am not sure if it is a good plan or not!!!

I am off out to mourn the sheep [Frown]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Ohh vodka redball, now we're talking!
Can someone clear this up for me, does everyone need to sacrifice an animal? I mean, that’s a lot of meat! Can one person kill a sheep for the family (lets say parents have to adult children living at home)? Or do they have to kill one each?

--------------------
Another one....

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I dunno WK but all I know is they ate my pet rabbit [Frown]

RIP John!

This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com