EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » HIS PARENTS APPROVE -- SUCCESS STORY!!!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: HIS PARENTS APPROVE -- SUCCESS STORY!!!!
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
denial
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
I wouldn't pass judgement until I met and got to know her.

That is the second most sensible post I have read on this thread.
Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amrssnowangel:
I also know Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) married 20 years older with his first wife. He loved her dearly till she died at 65. He set the first example that love doesn't know an age boundry.

The Hadiths and Sunnahs were written to document the lifestyle and sayings of the Prophet Muhamed (pbuh), every muslim stives to live as he did.

Right. That explains why it's so incredibly common among Muslim men to marry women who are more than a decade older and in a superior position ...
[Cool] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My point wasn't thats why its common for Muslim men to marry older women(using prophet Mohameds example). My point is that he didn't allow age to make a difference in choosing who to marry. Allah brings people into our lives for a reason. Not every younger man will want to marry an older woman and not ALL will have honorable intentions. Its up to each to choose and determine what is acceptable and ok for them. Please take care when using our beloved Prophet Mohamed's (pbuh) examples to be sarcastic with.

In response to a few of the posts recently. I won't go into detail but we HAVE discussed all these issues brought up. Im not stupid. EVERYONE should have serious discussions with their loved one prior to marriage on these and other subjects. Now before you all start on saying how can a 25 year old have a serious discussion....look at how many American 25 year olds are married and happy. How many of OUR parents were married. I'll bet they had these "serious" grown up discussions before marriage. If our chances of making it are 50/50...then we intend to WORK to be the 50 that MAKE it. I agree..there are many young egyptian men that DO want visa only or money. But, if you really take time to talk to them, you can see this. Its not hard if you aren't blinded by it. When one asks how fast he can get a visa, how fast can you marry him...if he borrows money...has sick relatives he needs help with...when its TO easy to be OPEN with parents and they AGREE right up front...I'd wonder if they are supporting his visa efforts. To me the fact that we HAD to be careful says that his parents have no desire for him to want visa only. His waiting to ask for marriage, his fears of travel to America...his never asking for money...his consistancy, his ability to work his way to make sure i never pay...to be able to stand up to others for what he wants...to feel its ok to be mature enough to look beyond age, culture, looks...its all i needed to know I have a gem. So, go ahead with your opinions and comments...I KNOW what I have. I only hope and pray that Allah has blessed you each with the love and light in your lives that I have been blessed with. Salam Alaikum...

Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, you heard many opinions on this forum. No one is going to try to spoil your plans but keep some of the views in my mind and keep your eyes open. You are an grown-up woman who can take care of herself. People are just trying to make you aware of certain things and urge you to be cautious. If this man is the man of your dreams so be it. If you get married to him and you will live a happy life together even better. If everything works out well between the both of you - you proved them wrong. If not you learned another lesson in life. Good luck.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<...its all i needed to know I have a gem>

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My point wasn't thats why its common for Muslim men to marry older women(using prophet Mohameds example). My point is that he didn't allow age to make a difference in choosing who to marry. Allah brings people into our lives for a reason. Not every younger man will want to marry an older woman and not ALL will have honorable intentions. Its up to each to choose and determine what is acceptable and ok for them. Please take care when using our beloved Prophet Mohamed's (pbuh) examples to be sarcastic with.

In response to a few of the posts recently. I won't go into detail but we HAVE discussed all these issues brought up. Im not stupid. EVERYONE should have serious discussions with their loved one prior to marriage on these and other subjects. Now before you all start on saying how can a 25 year old have a serious discussion....look at how many American 25 year olds are married and happy. How many of OUR parents were married. I'll bet they had these "serious" grown up discussions before marriage. If our chances of making it are 50/50...then we intend to WORK to be the 50 that MAKE it. I agree..there are many young egyptian men that DO want visa only or money. But, if you really take time to talk to them, you can see this. Its not hard if you aren't blinded by it. When one asks how fast he can get a visa, how fast can you marry him...if he borrows money...has sick relatives he needs help with...when its TO easy to be OPEN with parents and they AGREE right up front...I'd wonder if they are supporting his visa efforts. To me the fact that we HAD to be careful says that his parents have no desire for him to want visa only. His waiting to ask for marriage, his fears of travel to America...his never asking for money...his consistancy, his ability to work his way to make sure i never pay...to be able to stand up to others for what he wants...to feel its ok to be mature enough to look beyond age, culture, looks...its all i needed to know I have a gem. So, go ahead with your opinions and comments...I KNOW what I have. I only hope and pray that Allah has blessed you each with the love and light in your lives that I have been blessed with. Salam Alaikum...

are you muslim?
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There have been posts worth considering and I did take notice of what was being said. Each of us has to make our own decision. A forum is a good place to sound off and sometimes after you write something you see that you need to think more or other times your conviction is stronger. Right now I need to gather information and energy to keep fighting the mysterious battle of the "marriage paper" for the embassy.
Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes i am Muslim
Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes i am Muslim

Then talk to Egyptian muslims in the US and watch how horrified they become and try to warn you against the cultural differences you obviously are NOT getting. You will find the responses you've received here mild in comparison.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Odd, I've had nothing but good things said here in my area and from upstanding Muslims who wish me luck. Maybe it depends on the company kept. Anyways, Im well aware of the cultural differences that we have and will face. Just what is it you know that I don't know? Some of the advice here you can plainly see was meant with the best of intentions...some is down right accusatory and belittling. However, Im happy and no one can change that. Just which cultural differences do you THINK Im not getting???
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just want to wish u good luck and hope that everything works out great for you ...
Enjoy your happiness [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Odd, I've had nothing but good things said here in my area and from upstanding Muslims who wish me luck. Maybe it depends on the company kept. Anyways, Im well aware of the cultural differences that we have and will face. Just what is it you know that I don't know? Some of the advice here you can plainly see was meant with the best of intentions...some is down right accusatory and belittling. However, Im happy and no one can change that. Just which cultural differences do you THINK Im not getting???

The age difference issue.
As far as the people who gave you all positive feed-back there are
three possibilities:

*the people are lying to you because they don't know you well

*you are lying and they never gave you positive feed-back

*the people you asked don't want to tell you the truth, possibly friends of yours and are trying to sugar-coat it

I don't mean to be so harsh but I'm telling you what I know as an American married to an Egyptian living in Egypt and being surrounded by the culture. You're making a huge mistake, don't do this.

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just FYI, I know several Egyptian immigrants living in Fredericksburg.

Oh, but they are old like me. [Wink]

(I'm in DC).

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Smucks said it. It's the age issue. Great that you're happy. Enjoy it.

Just trying to warn you about the reality of your situation, since your beloved - who by the way does know the reality of your situation - is not.

I fully appreciate the fact you love this person and trust him and will take his word over a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Just appreciate the fact that we know and he knows that young egyptian men DO NOT MARRY women twice their age in his culture, except for the obvious.

And if you're the one, the first, the only couple that is to be the exception in today's modern Egypt -- I congratulate you. However, nobody will believe you and you - and you two will face such nasty gossip and mockery from egyptian society (oh, they'll be really sweet to your face but the stories behind your back!) that it'll send you to tears.

By the way, if you're thinking none of this matters because you'll whisk him away to the US, then plan to whisk his entire 30+ person extended family too. Because the scandal will be theirs too.

(Then again, there are some families who claim to be "in" on it and are all in it together deceiving the rich tourist. I'm assuming for your sake yours isn't.)

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think, after listening to this kind of young men for hundreds of hours, indoctrinated by their talkings, completely filled with the illusion he is trying to hold up, it will be difficult to believe that their adoring lovers with their sweetest family in real are keen on money exploiters,who won`t let go any occassion beyond, to profit and abuse.
I`ve seen Egy families ordering their young man to do so, I`ve seen them confounding Egyptian spouses who where left behind for their own sake, and I`ve seen an awfully lot deceived women who all have one thing in common:
They all lost their confidence in Egyptian men.It is undeserved, because of course, there are good men. But they are not hanging around to pick up women, they are not interested in women twice their age, and they want to reach their goals by their own efforts. Because it`s in their culture, the culture of honourable men.
They should prefer to give away their lasts piaster instead of accepting anything from a woman. They would insist on marry a woman who is considered to be as highly honourable too.
An older Western woman with a history behind obviously has NOT. She has money and a possibility to escape out of Egypt. THAT IS ALL.
And of course he can`t say it like it is. You would feel insulted, become angry, and never want to meet him again.
But I want to hear all the stories from these blinded women after ten years from now. And I won`t say: I told you so...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

They should prefer to give away their lasts piaster instead of accepting anything from a woman. They would insist on marry a woman who is considered to be as highly honourable too.

that sums it up [Cool]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gouvernments should be informing about this. The complicating results of the open world...When I meet women in the airplane to Cairo, who are telling me that they`re going to get married without informing the family as a surprise to them, I only can groan internal; another one who believes everything what has been told to her...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

that sums it up [Cool]
Yes, I think that IS the root of the problem ..by having no honour yourself as a woman by marrying a man young enough to be your son makes you open play to be abused. You don't value yourself so in his mind why should he.

I think the governments are doing something otherwise why is it so hard to get married at the moment let alone get a VISA, and the Embassies do give warnings, the problem is it falls on deaf ears.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait Wait.... so you are saying only young men marry young women are real men and the women they marry are only real women?

Does this mean you should not marry a different culture? hmmm??? TELL me exactly what you are saying .. You regret marriages? You are trying to protect others from making mistake like you did?

If we are not to marry into other culture then the USA has huge problem. We are multi-cultural. Maybe the govt should institute a marriage registry to make sure black does not marry white, french not english and hispanic only hispanic. Wow, some world that would be. Who knows, maybe you have found the road to peace.

Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shahrzaad:

If we are not to marry into other culture then the USA has huge problem. We are multi-cultural. Maybe the govt should institute a marriage registry to make sure black does not marry white, french not english and hispanic only hispanic. Wow, some world that would be. Who knows, maybe you have found the road to peace.

I don't mean to speak for Penny, but I seriously doubt that is what she meant. Marrying into another culture is fine. But *everyone* here who has had long-term contact with Egyptian culture (and I'm not including myself in that, although someday, God willing) warns people that you really have to look at an Egyptian man's behavior within the context of *his* culture, not ours.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Wait Wait.... so you are saying only young men marry young women are real men and the women they marry are only real women?

Does this mean you should not marry a different culture? hmmm??? TELL me exactly what you are saying .. You regret marriages? You are trying to protect others from making mistake like you did?

It is different in THIS culture, I'm not saying it doesn't happen here to marry a woman older (or slightly older) than the man, it does, I've seen it, even amongst Egyptian to Egyptian, we're talking about a marriage where the woman is old enough to be the mother to the man. You cannot compare USA to this culture, it's apples to oranges.
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am certainly not saying anything of the sort but what I am saying is that without a deep understanding of the culture you are marrying into and the possible motives for that marriage you are unlikely to succeed.

I had 12 years marriage to another Arab to prepare me for being involved with my current Egyptian husband. I had 21 years of visiting Egypt. I had 40 years of interest in Egypt. I therefore find this marriage works better for both of us because of that experience

Chatting with someone over the Internet and having 3 holidays does not qualify you as an expert on Egyptian culture.

I also found I was in some way sanctified because I was the widow of an Arab. It made me much more respectable and the fact I had a bilingual daughter as well. I was considered a honorary Arab because of this by my Egyptian family. In fact everyone thought it was a good Muslim thing to do to take on a widow and her daughter and have them live in an Arab country.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by akshar:

I also found I was in some way sanctified because I was the widow of an Arab.

I'm so sorry to hear about that. [Frown]
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Woah... sanctified???
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatTheCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone here is saying that marriage into a different culture is the problem - it's the age difference that is being discussed.

I have been seeing an Egyptian for over year now and he's actually 18 months older than I am. He has said on many occassions that there is is a stigma attached with young Egy guys marrying much older Western women - their families often take the view that the women are looking for "easy sex" (not my words!!) and he knows of some friends who have been ostracized from their families because of it. The family often won't have a problem with their son becoming involved with a woman from a different culture!

I don't think anyone here is saying they regret their own marriages but there are people here (like Smuckers - sorry to pick you out!) who are married to Egypitians and are living in Egypt, so my guess is they know what they're talking about??!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 69 | From: Warwickshire - UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it seems weird but it moved me from Western woman tourist to half way respectable because another Arab had narried me. It made me laugh but it did mean i was treated with respect [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
My fiance and I discuss these topics. We laugh. I told him I was out for oil money and he says he was out for a gold mine. We are both POOR period. I am older but I am NOT DEAD! I still have a natural brunette color in my hair and my own teeth. Although after reading so many posts I think my mind has failed. Of course you need to understand Egyptian culture. But you know older women have one quality that Egyptian men do like.... we know how to be great wives.
My fiance tells everyone that what I have is the great heart and that is what he wanted in a wife. I have 8 children, five are adopted four still live at home and one will never leave. I cared for my parents and held them as they took their last breath. When my fiance needs to talk he knows he can say anything and I will listen. He can be angry, sad or frustrated and I allow those emotions and feelings without judgement. He knows I will go to the cinema with him and watch any thing he wants to see and he knows I will probably sleep through it as usual. He knows me and that as soon as he talks to me he feels better.

You ladies know what I am talking about. Age, country, culture, time of day does not make a man more of a man. You love your men and so do we. I do not speak for others but I know my man like no other person. Sometimes the strange and unimaginable happens. I am still counting my blessings

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
When my fiance needs to talk he knows he can say anything and I will listen. He can be angry, sad or frustrated and I allow those emotions and feelings without judgement. He knows I will go to the cinema with him and watch any thing he wants to see and he knows I will probably sleep through it as usual. He knows me and that as soon as he talks to me he feels better.

Sorry and this is my final word on this subject! but what you wrote above is exactly what I would say about my son. A man has one mother in his life, he does not need 2 in a liftime.........if he does then there is something wrong with him.

Khalas I am out of this subject [Confused]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Age difference is not THE problem, it is one of the signals to be alarmed. The real problem is poverty, and the wish to escape from it, without being bothered by any personal values and morals by single persons, and sometimes by complete families.
And THAT is the ONLY problem.
People can be poor, but still live in a honourfull way. Everybody has his/her own personal values, and everybody has to make their own decisions in this. If I am a liar and a cheater for the sake of money, to give me and my family a better life, it`s understandable, but still WRONG...
They simply HAVE no morals, no values, no principles...
Maybe difficult to understand for somebody who has, but it is the sad truth...

--------------------

shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Did you not know the men are boys all their lives ... the difference between men and boys is the size of their toys (and cost).

One of the signals to be alarmed. You guys are doomsday people. Good for you but no one else hahaha Good things I have a sense of humor. I am sure many many are bad. It is a fact and published but I have to be honest you work so hard to put out a cloud of doom and gloom. It is hard to believe all the negativity.
All of this has to be taken with a grain of salt. Otherwise we would go insane reading this.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Did you not know the men are boys all their lives ... the difference between men and boys is the size of their toys (and cost).

One of the signals to be alarmed. You guys are doomsday people. Good for you but no one else hahaha Good things I have a sense of humor. I am sure many many are bad. It is a fact and published but I have to be honest you work so hard to put out a cloud of doom and gloom. It is hard to believe all the negativity.
All of this has to be taken with a grain of salt. Otherwise we would go insane reading this.

I really shouldn`t know what this has to do with men who are staying boys all their life.Hope you will be able to stay amused and laugh about it all your life, in the knowledge that you`re a woman in the largest meaning of the world, a woman who knows where men are looking for, and a woman who knows it all so well...
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
I am saying in a diplomatic way, that if you want people to listen you can not hit them with negativity. I am sure you have wonderful marriages. I am sure you all have lived in Egypt and studied it for years and even to the point some were sanctified. A stranger reading this will only become defensive. If you are mothers you already know what I am saying. I will listen to all comments. Even the ones I feel are rather rude and inconsiderate. This is an open forum so we can post any opinion in any manner. I still listen and am taking heed. I have been extremely cautious.

My sister said to me, What is the worse thing that can happen? For each of us it is a different answer. Some of us will be hurt. Some of us will be happy. Some of us will move on and make bigger mistakes.

I wish happiness for all of you. And I wish happiness for me too.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:

silly [Roll Eyes]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
If you are mothers you already know what I am saying.

Actually no I don't. When I have finished with my son he will be a man and I find your comments insulting to men. But then I think alot of women castrate men these days.

Sorry you are one one side of the fence with alot being throw at you but it is well meant & we are not being negative for the sake of it. You sound like a good person with a big heart and I have a feeling even if it all went wrong you would be the sort that can pick yourself up and get on with life again. Sadly that is not the case for everyone and each man that gets away with this just gives the green light for more to follow.

shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
I have sons. They are the blessings in my life. I do not know where I inuslted any man. I have smiled and tried to keep a level head. A joke is a joke and it is meant to be "tongue in cheek."

It is true, some are going to be hurt. But this forum can only inform not club the information into someone. We can put out the facts just as they are.

There are many many many young men in Egypt and OTHER countries seeking a way out of a desparate life style.

These men may or may not be honorable.

Women are being hurt, robbed and cheated.

Life continues as it has for several thousand years.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shahrzaad, I have to agree with you, its the negativity here that's the problem. It is good to hear lots of different opinions on this subject and boy there's lotssssssssss! I just don't think its right for people to say no way, never, when they don't know the people concerned.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
His parents approve, yes but for how long. This is the next story to yours in share your egyptian experiences. Now do you see why we have said all these things

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003230

--------------------

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's not my story that started this thread actually and I posted on the thread you have shown, It's a very sad story, 6 years of your life that for the poor girl concerned will seemed like a wasted 6 years. What I'm saying is, its not going to be always the end result. We don't know the girl's story, who said age has been a factor in it, or his background. At the end of the day relationships end for all manner of reasons.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Yes but thinking that his parents approval means anything was what started this thread. As you see as soon as the Egyptian wife comes along that goes out the window

--------------------

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Well there seems to be plenty of egyptian men who have married western ladies over egyptian women. This site has many western egyptian unions.
travellady
Member # 13378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for travellady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of you make Egyptians sound like terrible people.
Posts: 117 | From: Kuwait | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with this 100%, also.

I have two sons, ages 9.5 and nearly 11. I can tell you if at 25 (I'll be 47 by then) I would be devastated if my son brought home a 42 yr old and was serious about marrying her. This 42 yr old would be nearly my age. It's just wrong. Sorry but that's how I feel.

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

Also as the Mum of a 19 year old I have to say it would break my heart if one day he told me at the age of 25 he was going to marry a woman in her 40's. Not because I am selfish but because I know all the things he was going to miss out on in life. Boys need to leave home at some point and find their own way in the world, they don't need to leave home from one mother and go to another one.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
akshar You have me confused with another person. I did not start this thread but I certainly have enjoyed reading the spirited if often slightly hostile comments.

Please Egypt is not the only country that is having problems with scams and it is NOT only men but women that are involved. The web is full of information. But who said, "Do not believe everything you hear and read"? I know my mom said it to me. She also said that I can do anything I set my heart to accomplish. And my dad said it to me as he taught me how to change the oil in the car.

Many of you are where I wish to be. I will be there soon too. I believe!!!

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
If she was a good wife, who loved your son and he loved her, I think surely a lot better than maybe a younger woman who lives her own life and doesn't care.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to believe that my sons could find women close to their own ages to marry. If the woman is a few yrs older it's cool but if she's almost my age...not cool. My sons have an Arab father...I'm sure he wouldn't allow them to marry a woman old enough to be their mother.

quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
If she was a good wife, who loved your son and he loved her, I think surely a lot better than maybe a younger woman who lives her own life and doesn't care.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
As I said earlier, my late mum was 14 years older than my late dad, His mother caused a lot of upset to my mum because she didn't approve. My mum was a lovely wife and great mum to me. She missed special times because of her resentment at my dad's choice of wife, it was her loss.
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

8 children and you're online with an egyptian half way across the world that's half your age for years celebrating a successful relationship.

oh i would pay money to see the embassy person who's going read his application for a his US visa. i bet the words 'i thought i've seen it all but this...' will escape his/her lips

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:

Please Egypt is not the only country that is having problems with scams and it is NOT only men but women that are involved.

You are right. People from any and every developing nation have scams going on to get a western visa/citizenship.

And if a Western man/woman is fine with being the means by which a person gets a precious visa, then so be it, I guess. It's not what I would want. And if I became the unknowing pawn in that game, it would break my heart. I'm still naive enough to believe in love for the sake of love.

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Of these 8 children, how many are your legal dependants? You do know that in order to sponsor your fiance/husband you must meet financial qualifications. So, if you have 8 dependant children, yourself and your husband you must make $51,912 per year to qualify. Damn that's an awful lot of kids.

quote:
My fiance and I discuss these topics. We laugh. I told him I was out for oil money and he says he was out for a gold mine. We are both POOR period. I am older but I am NOT DEAD! I still have a natural brunette color in my hair and my own teeth. Although after reading so many posts I think my mind has failed. Of course you need to understand Egyptian culture. But you know older women have one quality that Egyptian men do like.... we know how to be great wives.
My fiance tells everyone that what I have is the great heart and that is what he wanted in a wife. I have 8 children, five are adopted four still live at home and one will never leave. I cared for my parents and held them as they took their last breath. When my fiance needs to talk he knows he can say anything and I will listen. He can be angry, sad or frustrated and I allow those emotions and feelings without judgement. He knows I will go to the cinema with him and watch any thing he wants to see and he knows I will probably sleep through it as usual. He knows me and that as soon as he talks to me he feels better.

You ladies know what I am talking about. Age, country, culture, time of day does not make a man more of a man. You love your men and so do we. I do not speak for others but I know my man like no other person. Sometimes the strange and unimaginable happens. I am still counting my blessings

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com