EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 104)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  ...  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean Cameroon lol...

I like the name Ziad... Arabic boys names are so much more sweeter to the ears than girls names.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've known Cameron as a guy's as well as girl's name.Don't forget movie actress Cameron Diaz.

That i remember of,Cameroon is a country in Africa.Correct me if wrong.

Im correct:

The Republic of Cameroon (French: République du Cameroun) is a unitary republic of central and western Africa.

[Smile]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
Hey Mini, welcome back? I hope your trip was as fabulous as mine...

It was GREAT. Sounds like you had a great time as well.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
Zein means 'good' in Arab Gulf dialect, they say 'wide zein' meaning awesome, its also a girl's name [Frown] this might be a school problem for a kid, Ziyad is more of a masculine Arab name...Cameron sounds like a football thing. [Razz]

Some unisex names are ok though. I had a boy named Nour and a girl named Noor in my class. Zain might not get teased. At least not as bad as "a boy named Sue" or Leslie.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ministry of Common Sense:
quote:
Hey Mini, welcome back? I hope your trip was as fabulous as mine...

It was GREAT. Sounds like you had a great time as well.
I had the best holiday I can remember...

Can you remember the nakme of the Thai resataurant in Ma'adi you showed me ages ago? I am arranging a night out for the group and one member wants to go there.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]

Can you remember the nakme of the Thai resataurant in Ma'adi you showed me ages ago? I am arranging a night out for the group and one member wants to go there.

Bua Khao Thai Restaurant
Bldg. 9, Road 151
Old Maadi

202 2378 3355
Fax: 202 2358 0126
email: buakhaothaifood@netscape.net

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Thanks for that Mini, I will email you tomorrow sometime with all the details of the meet up if you and Mr Mini are interested.

Superstar.

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Thanks for that Mini, I will email you tomorrow sometime with all the details of the meet up if you and Mr Mini are interested.

Superstar.

I just suddenly got in the mood for curry chicken. But, God, it was hot wasn't it? And we ordered mild.
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

We never say Cameroon, its Cameron..Egyptians. [Cool]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, it made my nose run!!!

Must remember to ask for mild mild mild next time.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never knew Zain was also a girls name, Sam never mentioned that. However, He will be going to school in England, and as far as I'm aware, it's still always a boys name here. Not like it matters though, these days most boys names are also used for girls.
Going to keep the name Zain now, but probably changing middle name . We only picked Tyler because someone suggested Tailor (the English translation of Szabo which is my Hungarian side), but that sounded to surname'ish. Can't have Cameron as middle name as saving that for possible next son one day [Smile]

Mmm all this curry talk has reminded me 'm having prawn curry for dinner tonight, yum.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Zane Lowe.. very popular for radio one listeners
$sonomod$
Member # 16818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $sonomod$     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I've had dozens of classmates and friends from Cameroon. Its pronounced Cameroon.

Unless there's a Nigerian, especially one with military experience; then that Nigerian can call the nation of Cameroon anything he wants.

[Frown]

Posts: 514 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for messenger         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
Never knew Zain was also a girls name, Sam never mentioned that. However, He will be going to school in England, and as far as I'm aware, it's still always a boys name here. Not like it matters though, these days most boys names are also used for girls.
Going to keep the name Zain now, but probably changing middle name . We only picked Tyler because someone suggested Tailor (the English translation of Szabo which is my Hungarian side), but that sounded to surname'ish. Can't have Cameron as middle name as saving that for possible next son one day [Smile]

Mmm all this curry talk has reminded me 'm having prawn curry for dinner tonight, yum.

Zain is NOT a girl name. Zainah is.
Posts: 406 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Changing the subject... Ghana beat England... I wish Ghana well as I lived there but bloody hell England.

Here's gossip... in England in March
I was in an English players bed... oooooooooooo

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Changing the subject... Ghana beat England... I wish Ghana well as I lived there but, bloody hell England.

Here's gossip... in England in March
I was in an English players bed... oooooooooooo

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Zane Lowe.. very popular for radio one listeners

zane lowe = DING DONG!!!!! [Wink]
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by $sonomod$:
quote:

I've had dozens of classmates and friends from Cameroon. Its pronounced Cameroon.

Unless there's a Nigerian, especially one with military experience; then that Nigerian can call the nation of Cameroon anything he wants.

[Frown]

Dozy has become quite reknown for trying to correct my grammar and pronunciation and NEVER actually being correct in doing so,so I let this one slip. Thanks for correcting him AGAIN.

But, hey, English is only my first language, what would I know [Wink]

Ding dong... hell yeah

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Morning Guv'nor... my plates of meat are killin me...

How are you me ole china?

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
morning ES ,the sunrise is so beautiful this morning and the coffee is strong and Delicious, just like my men [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I like my men like my cofee, , milky, sweet, strong and often [Wink]

Cloudy here in Cairo today but still quite warm.

I was out bellydancing last night, no joke, I rolled in at 3am [Big Grin] Fab night out with my Egyptian friends...

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
I like my men like my cofee, , milky, sweet, strong and often [Wink]

Cloudy here in Cairo today but still quite warm.

I was out bellydancing last night, no joke, I rolled in at 3am [Big Grin] Fab night out with my Egyptian friends...

What time did you get home 3 am? Because according to Facebook you got home at 4 [Confused]

I was just out on the roof admiring the lovely cloudy day.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Well, I thought it ws 4am when I woke this morning but then I checked my mobile and I sent the 'i'm home ok' text to friends at 3.09am... so to be precise I got home at 3.09am.

I ate mash and posted online and then slipped into a lovely coma [Big Grin]

It is a nice day, I love this time of year,,, it is cooler and fresher.

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
ok. 3:09 it is then.

The weather now is the only thing I like about living in Egypt. It reminds me of Springtime in New York.

Now if we would only get a decent thunderstorm.

Speaking of thunderstorms...when I was in Florida it was at the beginning of hurricaine season. I got some great thunderstorms. Untill the last day when I was in the room packing to leave. The house got struck by lightening. That was a little too close for comfort. But I love to watch them from a distance.

I made sure to stop on my way to the airport and buy a lottery ticket. You know the saying - you have a better chance of getting struck by lightening than winning the lottery.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, it reminds of a British summer... it cools down so much at night now. Very pleasant.

When I was in Wales the tail end of a hurrican came over the water and hit where I was staying, the storm was amazing... sadly we were beach walking and had to go through it for two miles... were soaked and battered.

When I lived in Ghana the house was struck by lightening and our pc went bang, it must have gone down the phoneline.

I loved watching the monsoons... they are pretty spectacular.

If you win the lottery don't forget lil ole me [Big Grin]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argh bloody facebook.
Had some girl asking me if I ever kissed a guy called shane. I had, at a leaving party last feb. Seriously regretted it because he is the joke of the cinema, but I was very drunk. Anyway, never mentioned it since, and put it behind me.
Well, now she is emailing me (and even wrote on my wall) having a right go, telling me I am just lying because he rejected me, I'm a fat cow, etc etc etc.
Seriously, some people are so damn cahvtastic it's sad.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Lying about what? Lying that he kissed you?

lol.. what time is break so I can bully her in the playground.

I wish on here people would post relevant news!
Many Unis and schools went back today and I stood for 40mins outside Ain Shams uni for a cab. I so wish I had known so I could plan my day better!!!!!!!! MSE and MES return tomorrow.

Don't forget 6th Oct holiday folk.

SO many people at the Uni, it awas buzzing... and I was the only blonde! I stuck out like you wouldn't believe... no bad words or anything thou this time... lots of welcomes lol... very enjoyable experience.

Anyway, weather is fab again, I am planning a trip to the beach and I have a great week ahead.

Trip to Maadi last night, no smog as reported and the streets looked clean to me. However, the smell of rotting food in Mokattem was breath taking... literally.

I have a Visa trip tomorrow... oh the joy!

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm happy .............

had an amazing 5 second kiss the other day !!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn-Bev*:
I'm happy .............

had an amazing 5 second kiss the other day !!

[Big Grin]

Tell me more [Big Grin]

I am happy as usual, my social life is hectic and I have so much on the horizon... [Big Grin]

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
What a beautiful day today. This weather is great.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
What a beautiful day today. This weather is great.

It is nice eh... and I did like the smell of the chaff last night, it was homely for me [Big Grin]

I have booked the minibus for Friday and there are now 13 of us going... we are taking a picnic so if you want to request anything let me know.

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
I told your mother we can't go on the bus with you because my friend is flying up from Hurghada that afternoon. So we have to be able to leave earlier than you guys will want to.

By the way she wants to see you and wants to have a party at my house Friday night. She mentioned you could come, but I figured you might be back from Ain Sokhona late and be tired???

But if you want you can drop by for a bit. She is only staying over night and flies back to Hurghada on Saturday.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
That is cool, there are 8 on the bus and 2 cars going.. inc you.

I will let you know about Friday night as we have the bus till 10pm so it all depends on how well the day pans out and how folk want to play it. Be great to see your friend though. If I do not see her I am determined to go to Hurghada and Luxor before the end of the year anyway.

We will leave Heliopolis at 10am.

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
I'm not sure how we are going to do it, but we plan to follow your bus. He thinks he can catch up with it in Ain Sokhona? So please tell us what the bus looks like.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I will call you in the morning... I am really looking forward to it. I hope we get to see some wildlife.
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Pink Ferret:
[QUOTE]I am happy as usual, my social life is hectic and I have so much on the horizon... [Big Grin]

I'm happy because I love my new vacuum cleaner. LOL. Finally found a decent one...and it's BAGLESS.

Also, happy because I'm going to States in 2 months. [Big Grin]

Wally and I are surprising my son for Christmas - we bought him tickets to come visit Cairo for 2 weeks in March. I'm going to fly home and travel back with him so he won't have to be alone his first time on an airplane.

So I have lots on the horizon too.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
So you leaving the country in March when I too will also be out of the country again!!!

I am looking forward to meeting your son [Big Grin] He will have to come join us on a night out... perhaps in the Jazz Club.

I am going to look for that Irish band now, I just reminded myself.

You and Wally do have an exciting few months ahead.

I have to go back to England at Christmas as I have tickets for a gig, I am off to the footie, my SIL is 40 and of course, Christmas and New Year. I am off to the theatre NYE and cannot wait.

In March I am off to Scotland for my brothers birthday, we have hired a couple of cottages [Big Grin]
I also plan to go to the IOW with Sharmooooooooooota if she is still up for it.

As for here, there are the 2 balls coming up and so many folk want to get out and about and socialise so my diary is filling up.

Check out Bored in Cairo for the plan in 3 weeks.

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Pink Ferret:
So you leaving the country in March when I too will also be out of the country again!!!

I am looking forward to meeting your son [Big Grin] He will have to come join us on a night out... perhaps in the Jazz Club.

I am going to look for that Irish band now, I just reminded myself.

You and Wally do have an exciting few months ahead.

I have to go back to England at Christmas as I have tickets for a gig, I am off to the footie, my SIL is 40 and of course, Christmas and New Year. I am off to the theatre NYE and cannot wait.

In March I am off to Scotland for my brothers birthday, we have hired a couple of cottages [Big Grin]
I also plan to go to the IOW with Sharmooooooooooota if she is still up for it.

As for here, there are the 2 balls coming up and so many folk want to get out and about and socialise so my diary is filling up.

Check out Bored in Cairo for the plan in 3 weeks.

What a coincidence that you and I always travel out of Egypt at the same time. What's up with that? My son is coming in mid-March. We leave NY on March 17 and get to CAI on March 18. He will stay 2 weeks till March 31. So if you are back you will get to see him.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I fly out on March 2nd and return around 23rd.

I am hiring the BCA function room for my birthday, invite only.... naturally, you guys are invited.

Keep March 26th free.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Right I am off out to play now [Big Grin]

Have a good evening ladies and gentlemen...

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I can hear the weekend, it is just around the corner [Big Grin]
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still happy ..............
[Smile]

more kissing and holding hands, and long walks in the countryside

[Smile]

[Smile]

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello happy peeps [Smile]

Haven't heard from a single one of you lot lately! tut tut.

I am alive and well, some things are going my way, while others remain in a holding pattern. Such is life!

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Duuuuuuuuuuuude.... I don't have Yahoo or MSN
[Big Grin] This gives me so much free time!!!!!!

Send me your mob number!!!!!!!!!!!

My life is full of shiny happy people and going very swimmingly...

[Frown] I miss you, why you not on FB?

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oi, fun happy people... where ya gone??? [Frown]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Right, you all abandoned me [Wink] love don't live here anymore.

I am off to do my thang around Cairo for a few hours then I am off to see how many bar stools I can fall off.... roflmao!!!! I may even have a beer before I fall off... depends, it is a school night [Big Grin]

Ah, the tales do tickle me so.

I am still invisible btw!!!!!!!!!!!

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tumble weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!! x
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did someone say weed?

MS where are you?

I need a new job!! waaaa waaaa waaaa [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
WEEEEEEEEEEEED

Whoooooooooooooooosh

Cinderella is going to the Ball [Big Grin]

EEEK I look girly

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
WEEEEEEEEEEEED

Whoooooooooooooooosh

Cinderella is going to the Ball [Big Grin]

EEEK I look girly

I have hash at the house.
  This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  ...  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com