EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Some Images from Ancient Egyptian Art (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Some Images from Ancient Egyptian Art
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
Egyptian texts from around 2500 BC refer to the Pygmies as little men from the land of trees and spirits at the foot of the Mountains of the Moon. Egyptian king Nefrikare sent an expedition into central Africa and it returned with a dancing dwarf known as Akka.

Statute of the Dwarf Perniankhu - 2500 BC, probably the reign of Khafre

-

Hidden Treasures of Ancient Egypt, by Zahi Hawass, p. 151 (2004):

"Perniankhu is clearly here as a dwarf, a diagnosis that was confirmed by the discovery of his skeleton in a burial shaft below the superstructure of his tomb. Dwarves were not uncommon in ancient Egypt and were often held in high esteem. Dwarves also participated in funeral dances and were closely associated with the sun god."

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STATUE OF RANEFEREF
Painted limestone
Dynasty 5, reign of Raneferef
Abusir, Mortuary temple of Raneferef
Excavations of Miroslav Verner, 1984

-

Hidden Treasures of Ancient Egypt, by Zahi Hawass, p. 132 (2004):

Abusir, which lies six miles south of Giza, was the burial ground for the kings of the 5th dynasty. Miroslav Verner, the Czech team has identified an unfinished pyramid at Abusir as the tomb of Raneferef, a short-lived king of the 5th dynasty about whom little is known. Their work has enabled them to clarify the history of this shadowy period. Raneferef came to the throne in about 2419 B.C. He began construction on his pyramid, just a few meters southwest of his father's complex, but only the first step of the core was completed before his sudden death only three years later. The mummy was examined, and the age of the young king at his death was found to be 22 or 23. The Horus hawk stands on the throne back behind Raneferef's head, ready to lift him to heaven. The well-preserved stone of this statue has retained much of its original paint, giving the modern viewer an excellent sense of its ancient appearance.

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Please call me MIDOGBE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some pics of Tehenu from BATES at home. I'll scan and post them tomorrow.

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
The Libyan captive depicted is unfortunately a black and white photo so I cannot really tell by the apperance. Tehennu were usually depicted in a dark brownish apperance with sometimes a pointed beard and a penis sheath. I believe the book The Eastern Libyans by Oric Bates has some pictures of the following. If you can find this book thought inter-library loan or some other means.

The fair skin tamahou type does not really appear untill around the New Kingdom.

Posts: 307 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Seti I

-

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
 -
King Sahure 5th Dynasty (2458-2446 B.C.)
Metropolitan Museum of Art.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Bes was Twa but most Kemmemou never seeing
a Denq dancer of the neteru depicted him as a dwarf
the closest living example they were familiar with.

quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
Bes, the Dwarf god or really a Twa?

-

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Late Period, after 600 BC
 -

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
 -

Middle Kingdom, about 2040-1750 BC
 -

6th Dynasty, around 2200 BC
 -

Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Please call me MIDOGBE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pics of Thnw according to BATES :
 -
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 307 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Do you feel there is any difference between the Tehenu and the Tamahou?
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Al-Takruri,
quote:

Is it dng or dnq? In Amharic the word for a dwarf is "dink", and Kitchen states that the word was "dng," connecting it to the Amharic word.
Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't there any painted depictions of Tehenu that show them to have the same brown complexion as the Egyptians?
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To a certain extent g q and k are interchangeable
as far as glyphing a sound that may or may not be
part of the language using the glyphs.

For instance the number one man of Libya, is he
* Ghadafi,
* Qadhafi,
* Khadafi ?

quote:
Originally posted by Yom:
Al-Takruri,
quote:
a Denq dancer of the neteru ...

Is it dng or dnq? In Amharic the word for a dwarf is "dink", and Kitchen states that the word was "dng," connecting it to the Amharic word.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Weren't there any painted depictions of Tehenu that show them to have the same brown complexion as the Egyptians?

Yes there are, but they are hard to locate/link on the web.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Solver:

...keep in mind that most people continue to make the mistake of not translating the Mdu Ntr words for these ethnic groups into their exact meanings; which I think leads to confusion; add nauseum...

Namou Sho > Nam=traveler - ou=people - Sho=sands;
"people who travel the sands" - Nomads who are pictorially shown to be Asiatic.

Tamh > hematite; ochre; reddish > Tamhou Red ones - What today we refer to as White people.

Tehenn = "sparkling", "dazzling", "Egyptian Faience (an opaque glaze, usually strong greenish blue)"
Tehennu = "sparkling or dazzling or bright blue ones/people"; portrayed pictorially as Blacks

and so on and so forth.

It's all explained by the Mdu Ntr...

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
Sorry moderator if it's off-topic.

I'm pretty sure I have seen the first pic labeled as a Lebu somewhere so I'm not sure BATES is correct about it depicting a Tehenu.

Physically, the other pics posted above seem to depict Black African people to me as well as to BATES who labelled them as "negroids".

The New Kingdom Tamahu also don't look like those Tehenu from Sahure's tomb IMO, who look much like Ancient Egyptians (courtesy of a Berber activist site):
 -

Socially & culturally the Egyptians seem to have had a different perception of those two people, the Tehenu having being referred early as Hatyu "princes", while Temehu never had been considered positively by Egyptians to my knowledge.

Senegalese Egyptologist Babacar SALL also laid down the hypothesises that Tehenu were most likely farmers and Temehu nomads.

quote:

Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
Senegalese Egyptologist Aboubacry Moussa LAM also pointed out the resemblances between Pulaar dingaa, dengkii "shorty" and Egyptian d3ng & Amharic denk.

quote:
Originally posted by Yom:
Al-Takruri,
quote:

Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
 -

Djehuti:

Weren't those types of headbands worn by some of the Tehenu above you noticed on Asiatics, Puntites & Neteret and that you hypothetically attributed to a common cultural origin?

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Please call me MIDOGBE:

Sorry moderator if it's off-topic.

I'm pretty sure I have seen the first pic labeled as a Lebu somewhere so I'm not sure BATES is correct about it depicting a Tehenu.

Physically, the other pics posted above seem to depict Black African people to me as well as to BATES who labelled them as "negroids".

The New Kingdom Tamahu also don't look like those Tehenu from Sahure's tomb IMO, who look much like Ancient Egyptians (courtesy of a Berber activist site)...

quote:

Which is why I asked the question cited!

Ps - Any possibility that the pictures you posted earlier can be rotated, so that the remaining pictures are the right way up as the first?

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Djehuti:

Weren't those types of headbands worn by some of the Tehenu above you noticed on Asiatics, Puntites & Neteret and that you hypothetically attributed to a common cultural origin?

Yes. The headbands or "fillets" as scholars call them are not only depicted Semitic speaking Asiatics, Libyans, and Puntites but are also shown being worn by the Egyptians themselves.

And since the same type of headbands are still worn to this day by various peoples in the Horn from Ethiopia to Somalia, I would only surmise that this accessory is of common Afrasian origin.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian artwork should probably called the white racist's nightmare considering the blatant African depictions!

I take it that those same people who claim the Egyptians weren't black have seen very little Egyptian art!

I remember a thread years ago we posted a picture of a New Kingdom funerary wall painting, to which the silly troll Hore said something like "you should go digging in Nubia for more stuff like that". He actually thought the depiction of all those black people were "Nubians"! LOL

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From various locations:

Medinet Habu:
 -

-

-

Deir el Bahri:

-

-

Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Djehuti:

Yes. The headbands or "fillets" as scholars call them are not only depicted Semitic speaking Asiatics, Libyans, and Puntites but are also shown being worn by the Egyptians themselves .

And since the same type of headbands are still worn to this day by various peoples in the Horn from Ethiopia to Somalia, I would only surmise that this accessory is of common Afrasian origin.

What other Egyptians than the Neterut were shown to wear these headbands?

Also, what do you think is the common significance of this item among these people cited above?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I'm surprised you think only the Neter were depicted with headbands, as there are numerous examples of Egyptian commoners wearing such items from wall paintings to statuary.

The only example I could think of at the moment is in Tut's tomb paintings.

As for the significance of it, I have no clue! I have to do research on the significance of it in the modern cultures of people who wear it for me to get even an idea of what it meant to the Egyptians. I can say I have seen people like the Afar wear it during special occasions.

Perhaps Yom or someone else from the Horn region who is familiar with such adornments could help us out.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Midogbe

Thanks for posting that one from Sahure's tomb.
It's from Baines & Malek and I've mentioned it
before (clickable link)
but lacking a scanner
couldn't post it.

Ibumped up some "Libyan" threads but this one
Tehenu Ancient Black Libyans (clickable link)
is on lockdown. Maybe some moderator will
de-weed and unlock it or failing that just bump
it up for quick review since it's a current topic.

Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
Djehuti:

Actually, since those "fillets" are arguably some of the most banal headdresses worldwide and that I have seen them worn by many Egyptians and various Non-"Afrasian" African people I didn't think the Neteret were the only Egyptians to be depicted wearing it. It is just that I remember you associating it with Egyptian Goddesses along with Asiatic women and Puntites in an old thread.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Images from Buhen:

http://www.phouka.com/pharaoh/egypt/photos/beniHassan/amenemhet-01.html

Note the fluted columns and "subway" ceilings.

Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:

From Medinet Habu:

-

^Midogbe, if you noticed closely all the men in the painting wear these headbands.

Here is another depiction from Tut's tomb

-

By the way, what non-Afrasian African groups have you seen wear headbands like these?

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Rameses III mortuary temple:

http://mysite.verizon.net/koel/libya/luxor_west/24.html

http://mysite.verizon.net/koel/libya/luxor_west/25.html

http://mysite.verizon.net/koel/libya/luxor_west/26.html

http://mysite.verizon.net/koel/libya/luxor_west/36.html

Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
^^
Sorry Mystery Solver hadn't seen your request. I'll try to rotate the pics.

Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
Thanks for the pics Djehuti,
I didn't doubt there are pics of AE wearing the fillet as I have one of an OK or MK official from SCHÄFER's Principles of Egyptian Art at home.

Some of the other Africans who wear it are Betammaribe people from Northern Benin and Mina from Togo/Benin (I've seen pics of ritual dances).

I don't think their use is related to that of the people cited above since it is a very common ornament and I thought you claimed a common origin for them because their significance and use was the same.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^That's the problem-- I don't know what the Kemetians thought of the 'fillets' let alone what the significance is to them.
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
 -

Description: Paying respect to Akhenaten. Painted sandstone, from Karnak. Cairo Museum, Egypt.

Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
The two first characters from the left are Asiatics, right? If yes, may their different hairstyles refer to their belonging to different ethnic groups?
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
 -

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Amarna Period

Limestone scene representing the daughter of Akhenaten. Brooklyn Museum of Art, New York.

-

Sandstone and painted image of Nefertiti dating to the first 5 regnal years of Amenhotep IV/Akhenaten's reign from Karnak. Brooklyn Museum of Art, New York.

-

Painted limestone scene of a man carrying a talatat block. Brooklyn Museum of Art, New York.

-

Painted limestone scene of musicians from Amarna and it was excavated in 1935. Brooklyn Museum of Art, New York.

-

-

Limestone relief of two soldiers, dating to the Amarna period. Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge.

-

Sandstone relief of soldiers, dating to the Amarna period. Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge.

-

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Queen Tiye

-

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Painted limestone relief showing two Princesses shaking sistrums. Excavated from a chapel called the 'Weben Ateb' at the Great Temple in Amarna in 1932. Brooklyn Museum of Art, New York.

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Is that small wooden figurine really that of Tiye or one of her daughters or granddaughters?
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
quote:
^ Is that small wooden figurine really that of Tiye or one of her daughters or granddaughters?

Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. They said it's Tiye.

http://www.ancient-egypt.co.uk/amarna/pages/met_2007_0371.htm

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Tomb of DjehutiHotep (features men pulling collosal sculpture):

http://www.arts.kuleuven.be/fotolab/pages/Panorama/Djehutihotep.htm

An important tomb for information concerning how ancient monumental construction was performed, but not widely published on the web, partly because it was heavily damaged by coptic christians.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/tunaelgebel.htm

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Boston Museum

Glazed tiles from Medinet Habu. Medinet Habu was the mortuary temple of Ramesses III and is located on the west bank opposite Thebes. They represent the neighbours of Egypt. They are Nubian, Philistine, Amorite, Syrian and Mitani.

Nubian

-

Philistine

-

Amorite

-

Syrian

-

Mitani

-

Ramesses III

-

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Much thanks for the detailed zooms of the faience tiles!!!

Does anyone see a strong resemblance in the Mitanni and
"Libyan" (not shown above) profile facial features?

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Why is it that out of all these images and names that conjure up specific people and places, only the jet black African is given a name which has no meaning or identity? What does NUBIAN mean in this context? I doubt that the Egyptians actually used this term and probably gave something more descriptive than that. As opposed to the others who have a specific geographical frame of reference, where is the territory of this "nubian"? Was he from the 1st cataract? 2nd cataract? 3rd cataract? 4th or 5th cataract? Further south?

More about Rameses III:
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/tunaelgebel.htm

Rameses III and the famous tableu of the "races" from his tomb:
 -

More from Rameses III tomb:

-

-

-

-

-

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

Yes, but could this not be due to coincidence as such a phenotype can be found in other areas like southern Europe, Western Asia, and perhaps Central Asia.
quote:

Why is it that out of all these images and names that conjure up specific people and places, only the jet black African is given a name which has no meaning or identity? What does NUBIAN mean in this context? I doubt that the Egyptians actually used this term and probably gave something more descriptive than that. As opposed to the others who have a specific geographical frame of reference, where is the territory of this "nubian"? Was he from the 1st cataract? 2nd cataract? 3rd cataract? 4th or 5th cataract? Further south?

Come now, Doug. We are all too familiar with the 'Nubian' label and its uses by Western scholars.
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
More of Rameses III tomb walls

-

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

Yes, but could this not be due to coincidence as such a phenotype can be found in other areas like southern Europe, Western Asia, and perhaps Central Asia.
quote:

Come now, Doug. We are all too familiar with the 'Nubian' label and its uses by Western scholars.

But it wasnt a western scholar that posted it. Somebody took the time to research these images and identify them with various ACTUAL peoples and nationalities from the time EXCEPT for the one of the black "Nubian", meaning WHAT LABEL did the Egyptians use for this guy? Was he a Kushite? Kushite being much more likely as it ACTUALLY EXISTED than a non existent entity called "Nubia".
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
quote:
As opposed to the others who have a specific geographical frame of reference, where is the
territory of this "nubian"? Was he from the 1st cataract? 2nd cataract? 3rd cataract? 4th or 5th
cataract? Further south?

20th Dynasty, Ramesses III (1184-1153 BC)

At this time there are recorded ties to southern Nubia, as far south as the fort of Buhen,
that lies just north of the Second Cataract on the Nile River. The local military power,
which was neither the Hyksos nor the Kings of Thebes, but the King of Kush. A family
covering five generations left inscriptions at Buhen and these show that the last two
generations served the King of Kush. The Kushites captured Buhen during the 13th
dynasty, and held it until Ahmose I recaptured it at the beginning of the 18th dynasty.
It was stormed and recaptured by Kushites forces at the end of Egypt's 20th dynasty.

Over a period of nearly 2000 years, the fortifications seem to have been occupied by a
succession of different cultures (Egyptians, Kushites, and the Meroitic peoples) without
the need for major reconstruction.

The erection of the Aswan High Dam in 1964 has fully submerged Buhen, and all the other
monuments along this stretch of the Nile River, under Lake Nasser.

-

Source:

The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt, by Ian Shaw (2003)

Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Boston Museum

Glazed tiles from Medinet Habu. Medinet Habu was the mortuary temple of Ramesses III and is located on the west bank opposite Thebes. They represent the neighbours of Egypt. They are Nubian, Philistine, Amorite, Syrian and Mitani.

Nubian

-

Philistine

-

Amorite

-

Syrian

-

Mitani

-

Ramesses III

-

I don't think that image for Mitanni is true. That actually looks like a Libyan mulatto. Mitanni were blond haired blue eyed peoples/
Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
As opposed to the others who have a specific geographical frame of reference, where is the
territory of this "nubian"? Was he from the 1st cataract? 2nd cataract? 3rd cataract? 4th or 5th
cataract? Further south?

20th Dynasty, Ramesses III (1184-1153 BC)

At this time there are recorded ties to southern Nubia, as far south as the fort of Buhen,
that lies just north of the Second Cataract on the Nile River. The local military power,
which was neither the Hyksos nor the Kings of Thebes, but the King of Kush. A family
covering five generations left inscriptions at Buhen and these show that the last two
generations served the King of Kush. The Kushites captured Buhen during the 13th
dynasty, and held it until Ahmose I recaptured it at the beginning of the 18th dynasty.
It was stormed and recaptured by Kushites forces at the end of Egypt's 20th dynasty.

Over a period of nearly 2000 years, the fortifications seem to have been occupied by a
succession of different cultures (Egyptians, Kushites, and the Meroitic peoples) without
the need for major reconstruction.

The erection of the Aswan High Dam in 1964 has fully submerged Buhen, and all the other
monuments along this stretch of the Nile River, under Lake Nasser.

-

Source:

The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt, by Ian Shaw (2003)

So this guy was a kushite then? As there was no nubia and because the Egyptians nor the people in question used the term, you should understand why I am asking for something more meaningful than a modern label that has been applied to them by foreigners. Something like Kushite or Meroite has more meaning context and is of greater historical value than "nubian".
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com