EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the same level of Mahjong Quest for 3 days [Mad]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont buy software online [Big Grin]

Windows7 is just great thou.The only issue I had was with intel they have not upgraded their drivers yet that are compatable with windows7.Had to mess around with the display drivers to get the best highest resolution.But windows7 has updates daily, its not a big issue as it does its job [Razz]

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:

Windows7 is just great thou.

Windows sucks. No matter which version. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
quote:

Not on my system its the far best OS there has been so far [Big Grin] I am so old I even remeber windows95 [Big Grin]
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems you haven't worked with Apple. [Cool]
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melissa87
Member # 17186

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melissa87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
going to bed now, sooo tired, gnite everyone! ims so happy i can sleep in 2moro [Big Grin]
Posts: 140 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Putting all my crap on ebay so I can make room in my wardrobe for more crap!!!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melissa87
Member # 17186

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melissa87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Putting all my crap on ebay so I can make room in my wardrobe for more crap!!!

i have a lota junk too! [Big Grin] im definately a hoarder. any luck selling ur stuff on ebay?
Posts: 140 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always sell loads and get some good cash. People are such Wombles!!!

Just got a bargain on an item as well... I think it is a fab system

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melissa87
Member # 17186

Rate Member
thats great! ones man's (or womans) trash...
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:
Seems you haven't worked with Apple. [Cool]

I have never worked with apple [Wink] I am a windows freak!! [Big Grin]
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Just had Lunch and relaxing until Thursday, thats when the work begin [Razz]

I was up at 5am [Roll Eyes]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Pls. tell me how to get windows 7, I'm sick and tired with vista, can I just upgrade the damn thing free ?? [Confused]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:

Pls. tell me how to get windows 7, I'm sick and tired with vista, can I just upgrade the damn thing free ?? [Confused]

y windows 7 has been crashing havent u read the news?
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What news tina ?
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

No,you cannot get Windows 7 for free unless you get a bootleg version,in that case it will crash constantly.
I have Windows 7 in my less than a month old new laptop,and it has never crashed.Its working fine with me.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

I'm sick and tired with vista

Vista is a glaringly obvious attempt to copy the Mac operating system. But they only managed to copy the look, not the excellent performance. [Razz]

Windows did not steal ideas from Mac OS X!

[Big Grin]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not on my system its the far best OS there has been so far [Big Grin] I am so old I even remeber windows95 [Big Grin]
Windows 95? [Eek!]
OMG!!!I wasn't even online yet for Windows 98! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
I worked on Dos baby, that's way before Windows 3.11 was even created. [Roll Eyes] [Razz]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
I worked on Dos baby, that's way before Windows 3.11 was even created. [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

You're older than dirt!!
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just been for a meal to the most lovely Japanese/Korean Restaurant ever. It was buffet style and they have strips of raw meat laid out like Beef Tenderloin, Ribeye, Chicken, Fish etc, which you dip in various sauces and you have a little grill in the middle of your table and you cook the food yourself.mmm it was lovely but also really weird barbecuing your own food in a restaurant. I was just enjoying my dessert of various kinds of bitesized pieces of cake washed down with a nice cup of tea when I casually looked at my watch and mentioned it was 9pm...my husband nearly fell off his chair in his haste to leave the restaurant and almost killed us both in his rush to get across the (majorly busy) road to the carpark he'd left his car in. We drove home at some illegal speed and got in at 9.30

9pm UAE time is 7pm Egypt time..his beloved Zamalek are playing his hated Ahli tonight and he was missing the game!!!!!

So instead of enjoying my luxury chocolate mousse in the lovely restaurant I'm sat here on the sofa listening to my lovely husband shouting insults at the TV.

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
So instead of enjoying my luxury chocolate mousse in the lovely restaurant I'm sat here on the sofa listening to my lovely husband shouting insults at the TV.

I was nice and cancelled my English lesson tonight so mine could watch the game. He's not shouting insults though. Watching it nice and calm. He does not get excited about football and it even surprised me that he wanted to watch it tonight. This is only the 3rd football game I have seen him watch in 2 years. The other 2 were the Egypt/Algeria matches.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are fortunate, not only does my husband watch Egypt football he watches UK premier league...when he set up his construction company I think he would have called it Zamalek, except there is a local company here (obviously Egyptian owned) called Zamalek Contracting so he went for the next best thing and called the company after my local and his adopted team, Sunderland!

I know more insults/swearwords in Arabic than I do in English just from being sat in the same room as when a match is on. I am not allowed to use them though...in any circumstances!

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:

There are ways and means to get anything for free,if you know How! [Wink] But I would advise you to go out a buy a copy of Windows7.

I just partitioned my hard drive, so I have both OS on my computer windowsxp and Windows7. [Big Grin]

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend and her hubby are huge Sunderland fans! Her dad played for them many moons ago [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
I Just ate half packet of chocolate biscuits [Razz]
and watching Sky News.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
I'm making a start on writing my Christmas cards.
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
I'm making a start on writing my Christmas cards.

Ah I'm doing nothing Christmasey, not even a tree
I'm not even bothering to put one up this year it does not feel like Christmas living here and we are going to a friends house for Xmas dinner and then off to Egypt on the 30th so no point. We do have a tree it is Sam's from when he lived alone and it's really tiny. I remember the first time I ever went to his apartment he had his christmas tree still standing in the corner of the living room, which would have been fine except for the fact that it was April!!!!!!!

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watching the rain come down in buckets drinking my coffee..we are having major floods...wish it was snow instead [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
making cookies and scottish shortbread, wondering why the spammer is allowed to keep spamming ES, wishing we had rain or snow here too [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am contemplating getting up! I think my bug has gone and I have slept really well for the first time in ages [Big Grin]

City Stars, meet ftiends for coffee for a quick catch up and then off to a girls night in Maadi...

All good fun.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
I am contemplating getting up! I think my bug has gone and I have slept really well for the first time in ages [Big Grin]

City Stars, meet ftiends for coffee for a quick catch up and then off to a girls night in Maadi...

All good fun.

oh shut it girly ...jealous i cant be doing that with you....i have to work [Big Grin] [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
On the same level of Mahjong Quest for 3 days [Mad]

Yessssssssssss. Hallelujah. Finally got it [Big Grin]
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pulling my hair out
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
You'll go bald like me if you do that my girl [Frown]
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished 5 hours of sorting/categorizing/filing 1000's of business cards from 15 different countries. There was only 1 that I could not read - not bad considering most were in Arabic.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off to work
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
I got back from the gym some time ago; now I'm relaxed and working on designing a little wedding present for some good friends. They are getting customized luggage tags and a door hanger for their honeymoon. [Cool]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
"...and a door hanger for their honeymoon."

With the message "do not disturb". [Wink] [Big Grin]

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
My TWIX and COFFEE break is over. I'm going back to my mountain of papers to shred.
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Watching the snow melt!!

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
"...and a door hanger for their honeymoon."

With the message "do not disturb". [Wink] [Big Grin]

How did you guess? [Razz] [Big Grin]

Right now ... working and cooking a huge pot of soup. [Smile]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing nothing. I love doing nothing. Actually I'm typing this post, and drinking what's left of my becks beer, but there's plenty more where that came from.

I'm also refreshing ESPN, gotta keep up with the more important things in our world. I'm also thinking about a fat juicy chicken shawarma with tons of tahina juice, tomatoes, onions and pickles. Chicken shawerma with Iraqi bread that is, bliss ala bliss, better than sharaqi bread (sog bread) which is better than pita bread.

Earlier not to gross you fine ladies out, I waxed my chest and shaved my under-arms. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
TOO MUCH INFORMATION THERE BUDDY [Eek!] [Razz]
well my duck is in the oven and mac and cheese is browning nicely...all i have left to do is roast my root veges and dinner will be served...taking a small break before my guest arrive

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
I'm doing nothing. I love doing nothing. Actually I'm typing this post, and drinking what's left of my becks beer, but there's plenty more where that came from.

I'm also refreshing ESPN, gotta keep up with the more important things in our world. I'm also thinking about a fat juicy chicken shawarma with tons of tahina juice, tomatoes, onions and pickles. Chicken shawerma with Iraqi bread that is, bliss ala bliss, better than sharaqi bread (sog bread) which is better than pita bread.

Earlier not to gross you fine ladies out, I waxed my chest and shaved my under-arms. [Big Grin]

do u also shave yr mr man?
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
TOO MUCH INFORMATION THERE BUDDY [Eek!] [Razz]
well my duck is in the oven and mac and cheese is browning nicely...all i have left to do is roast my root veges and dinner will be served...taking a small break before my guest arrive

Micky, you are killing us with your delicious dinners. God I wish I could have a plate of your duck with mac and cheese. That super duper delicious food will melt in your guests mouths. I just know it.

And, Yeah you're right, I did say too much [Big Grin] I've never been innocent of a saying too much [Big Grin]

Have a lovely time with your guests. [Smile]

P.S When I get back from my trip I'll want that recipe! Duck with mac and cheese … bliss!

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:

do u also shave yr mr man?
Tina,

I think I said enough about my grooming etiquette. But islamically, yes men are supposed to be well groomed, including underarms, and "mr.man" [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
mac and cheese is not your ordinary m&c
browed some pancetta in a cast iron skillet then added flour to the drippings ..then added milk to make a white sauce, after it was thick i added fontina cheese and extra sharp cheese, then the cooked macs. put bread crumbs and butter on top and put it in the oven to get brown...the easiest m& c i ever made and it is excellent tasting too
ohhhhhhhhhh and you can say whatever you want to say...i also shaved my leggs today [Big Grin] [Wink]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
mac and cheese is not your ordinary m&c
browed some pancetta in a cast iron skillet then added flour to the drippings ..then added milk to make a white sauce, after it was thick i added fontina cheese and extra sharp cheese, then the cooked macs. put bread crumbs and butter on top and put it in the oven to get brown...the easiest m& c i ever made and it is excellent tasting too
ohhhhhhhhhh and you can say whatever you want to say...i also shaved my leggs today [Big Grin] [Wink]

Micky, with that delicious duck you got cooking in the oven, I knew it wasn't Kraft mac & cheese [Big Grin]

Could I substitute beef bacon for the pancetta? If not what is an appropriate substitute?

So you're going to be busy entertaining guests tonight, huh? Sounds fun. [Smile]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
does most egyptians shave their hairy men? i hope so .cas when i get mine i will have sum fun
women dont like hair balls we are not cats.shave that ding a ling boys...

Trimming the Hedge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IfOqZj2FBk&feature=related

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com