EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 43)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
Life is a journey
Member # 17655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is a journey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is trying to write the second half of my assignment, but have lost all desire to do so, but it needs doing by tomorrow !!! To be fair there is only so much one person can research nhs finances yawn !!

--------------------
CAIRO

Posts: 88 | From: Uk | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waiting for some lovely crispy jacket Potatoes to cook...........btw im on a diet ......And I LOVE IT !! x
Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made pretty earrings and recycled an old bracelet [Smile] what a lovely afternoon.

NHS finances lol.. shall I ask my friends who work for the NHS to give you their views [Wink]

Tonight I am going to have more curry... nom nom..

MM, dieting in Egypt is easy, I fill up on water as I dehydrate a lot and I am just not interested in food.

I should write a book about Egyptian Dieting! skinny bints in US and UK would fall for it!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they still have capital charges in the NHS? I spent 7 years doing sodding building valuations and asset valuations to get that all set up thanks to Thatcher's determination to price London healthcare out of the 'market'.
There was a job of work there - got the Inland revenue on my side from 7 different districts and saved our Trust Ł1m per annum [Smile]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all!
Was off today and tomorrow but between my own work, housework and paperwork, doesn't feel much like time off [Confused]
My friend has given me a whole load of plants including even more tomoato plants to add to the collection. Having said that she's given me plum, cherry and yellow which I didn't have [Smile]
Happy as I have discovered all the jeans I couldn't get into now fit, must be all the extra walking I've been doing [Big Grin]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excited! - have to deliver a van to Vancouver so get a free camper and petrol and my air tickets back to LA..leaving tomorrow!...have 10 days to get it there...this will be good....wonder where I'll be for the End of the World on the 21st! Seeing its a Sat I hope there's a bloody good party somewhere!
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not the end of the world on 21st, it's Judgement Day - the Rapture when 150000 'good' people will be beamed up to heaven and the rest of us get to stay behind. Apocalypse is on October 21st 2011 - be sure to put in your diary!

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

2011 AD—On May 21st, Judgment Day will begin and the rapture (the taking up into heaven of God’s elect people) will occur at the end of the 23-year great tribulation. On October 21st, the world will be destroyed by fire (7000 years from the flood; 13,023 years from creation).

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Gdeeda:
It's not the end of the world on 21st, it's Judgement Day - the Rapture when 150000 'good' people will be beamed up to heaven and the rest of us get to stay behind. Apocalypse is on October 21st 2011 - be sure to put in your diary!

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

2011 AD—On May 21st, Judgment Day will begin and the rapture (the taking up into heaven of God’s elect people) will occur at the end of the 23-year great tribulation. On October 21st, the world will be destroyed by fire (7000 years from the flood; 13,023 years from creation).

So the dinosaurs where before creation? [Confused]

I thought I'd got till 21st (or is it 23rd) Dec 2012? You mean I'm working my arse off for nothing?

Will someone please tell me which date is the END please so I can get ready. [Mad]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
December 21st 2012... that will annoy my SIL, it is her birthday! Great excuse not to buy her a present though [Wink]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

tsk tsk Ayisha - you should know that the dinosaurs didn't really exist and God put the bones there as a curio for man to find and ponder over.

Judgment days that have come and gone:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/may-21-2011-end-world-judgment-day/story?id=13570426

Weren't Waco, Jonestown and a few other tragedies based on 'end of the world' theories?

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Friday, ah... thank Crunchie. Today is the best day for me to catch up with all my friends in the UK [Smile] I can email them all while they are at work [Wink] I love gossip Fridays.

Plans this afternoon; off to meet a few friends for a nice lunch.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Reading FB updates about shootings downtown [Frown]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

According to the twitosphere, army are shooting into the air to try to disperse protest outside Israeli embassy.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
went into work @ 5am ...home for 1 hour then heading back...its Friday...( call out day ) so guess who has to go fill in? just 2 hours but come on!!!!!!!...anywho i wont mind that double time when the pay checks roll in [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
'Egyptian's protesting at the Israeli embassy......dumb shits. Sort your own damn country out you fools'

Was one I just read, his partner wrote someone was shot. They just passed there.

I will tell them to Twitter it to get folk away!!!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
In other News Dickinson's Real Deal is in my town today... which means nothing to me but there is a lil frenzy on my FB going on [Smile]

I love people's FB status updates...

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Maybe we should continue this over on the Cairo Protests thread!
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen David Dickinson in real life...

Oh, yes... It's true. And he really is orange - I can vouch for that too [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
No it is ok, I don't discuss politics, I was simply just stating what I was currently doing.

Since then I have eaten me dinner and put a film on. [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
I've seen David Dickinson in real life...

Oh, yes... It's true. And he really is orange - I can vouch for that too [Wink]

Comes to something when a) folk in my town think this is a highlight and b) DD is only famous for looking orange lol.

FB update. 'Suzanne Mubarak now also in Sharm Hospital, she is a disgrace to Wales' I love how some minds think!

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was he famous for something else [Confused] He does do a very nice suit though.

The last comment... yeah, I wouldn't touch that with your'n [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I know of him going to prison and being on some kind of Family Tree show... I am not so up on daytime and teatime shows. Thankfully [Big Grin]

BUT FB did notify me today that a lass won the biggy on deal or no deal. See, without FB I wouldn't know any of this pmsl.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Oh, I think I saw that "Who Do You Think You Were" too. Can't beat Boris's "and this is what you could have won" where they showed you a big palace and explained how his ancester was Charles II's lovechild. Love that show [Big Grin]

Is it possible to win the biggie on Deal or No Deal? Surely they were cheating like that guy on Millionaire? I betchya, somebody coughed and gave it away.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
When my Mom was in UK just she met a whole side of her family she never knew existed. One of the guys she met started a family tree and a new branch of the family opened up.

I know years ago I saw a family tree of mine and I am related to Sir Thomas Beecham [Smile] 1796 was the farthest back I last knew too. I love that kind stuff [Smile]

I have met many people with my surname on FB and we have connected and talked and I found a branch of the family I never too living in Birmingham!!! Amazing really.

It must be possible to win as it is only a game of statistics and balls.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Mmm... It's been going so long and I've seen no one win yet, I've been figuring it was more balls than statistics [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I think the same of Poker, no point having the game going your way of you don't have the balls to continue.

I LOVE poker! And I am good at it! [Big Grin]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Ah, poker I am no good at. My nannie only taught me rummy and whist [Smile]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I like rummy too, my nan taught me too... I thought nan's baked cakes lol.. not mine!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Not really relevant to ES but I just read about the British women who was beheaded in a supermarket in Tenerife. WTF???

Awful story...

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

That is just horrible!
Guy who did it must be a mental case.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
I know I just heard that. Sounds awful.
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aleya got a hold of one of my veils and begged me to let her do a number;)

http://youtu.be/ad5Nas085d4

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listening to pa'pa Americano. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About to fall asleep in my Mac Donalds coffe as I try to upload photos of todays trip to Yosemite on FB...is it my computer or does it take a long time to upload photos???
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
GF, I am loving your photos, persevere, they are being appreciated [Big Grin]

Trying to master my own mint iced tea [Smile] Casper and Gambini's do the lovliest iced teas and I want to copy them!

Todays plan finish watching this episode of 24, power nap, curry... and then wherever the wind takes me. Not bad for a TA eh [Wink]

Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a lovely lay in. Now trying to find energy to collect Avon. I think it's raining too... maybe tomorrow [Smile]
Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a lovely time with my 7abibi, I just got home no time for ES [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I could tell you what I have spent the night doing but then I would have to kill you!

Put it this way, my back and eyes hurt [Wink]

Sleep time... and why the chuff is it so cold in mid May? harumph!

Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
My mind boggles CF!...have you been planking under bright lights? Glad you like the photos...am lieing in back of van at MacDonalds and have just put some more photos on FB...todays uploading was quicker thank jebus....tried gold panning with a frying pan earlier. Am tossing up whether to have a nap or keep driving...about 300km to Portland...hopefully will be able to find a curry house....am sick of burgers....the Willy burger I had earlier may be my last for a while!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, I saw your pics. Is that snow????

Did you strike gold?

Nom, curry. I had a home made curry last night and nearly blew me bits off!!! Really good.

What have I been up to? Time will tell, time will tell [Big Grin]

Right, I think I may go watch a DVD, my sleep pattern sucks on shift work [Big Grin]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Buddha's b-day today (national holiday). Currently watching Yankees/Rays game and waiting for bowling alley to open @10am. Want to work on my bowling skills, preparing for a local amateur tournament. That's been my routine of late, basically bowling, golf and cafe chilling. BTW if someone wants pointers on cafe etiquette just let me know. [Big Grin]

Damn!!! the Rays just took the lead. Baseball which is normally fun to watch has been god awful. The Yankees got swept by arch rival Boston over the weekend and have lost 9 of 12 games. I'm out, sick of watching these asshat professional millionaires play like raggamuffins.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phillies are loosing too Exiiled [Frown] but it is early yet
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Masterchef Australia... loving it. I especially love how words that are banned on UK tv before the watershed are allowed at 3pm here but the word pork is dubbed... but badly dubbed and said several times lol.

I would SO sack the dubber for this show!!!

Made some home-made pizzas for lunch, got a cold beer cracked open and I am spending my afternoon doing nothing else! I may get off the sofa to get chocolate if I can be bothered [Big Grin]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Micky – Philly does have a little losing streak of their own (3 games), but they're still best in the league. The Yankees have lost 6 straight games and 10 out of last 13. Losing is part of the game but the way they manage to lose is frustrating.

Buddha day was cool (Wesak), seen a procession – a mass of people walking behind an illuminated Buddha float, each person with their own candle. I like Buddhists, not the western nuts with their zen books and pamphlets, but more so the authentic folk.

Day just beginning, will go down for a swim.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
@Micky – Philly does have a little losing streak of their own (3 games), but they're still best in the league. The Yankees have lost 6 straight games and 10 out of last 13. Losing is part of the game but the way they manage to lose is frustrating.

Buddha day was cool (Wesak), seen a procession – a mass of people walking behind an illuminated Buddha float, each person with their own candle. I like Buddhists, not the western nuts with their zen books and pamphlets, but more so the authentic folk.

Day just beginning, will go down for a swim.

yes they lost again..just couldnt get a hit 3-2...oh well still love the baseball season...have a great day everyone , back to work today ...grrrrrrrrrrrrr [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Micky - losing streak now 4 for your team. Fret not they’ll break out of it soon, they’re too good. Yanks finally broke 6 game losing streak. Which makes me happy. Long losing streaks are awful. Don’t work too hard [Razz]

Chilling at a café, just put down - A doctor in the house (memoirs of dr M). Great man, and probably the greatest third world leader of modern era, quite frankly no one is even close.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Just about to watch P.S I Love you , hoping the film isn't as awful as the book as there is nothing else to watch!!!

Starvin marvin too... dinner is taking way too long!!!

Chillin in a cafe, what a lovely way to wile away the days [Big Grin] I did that last week one day. all afternoon I sat outdoors at Starbucks with my laptop and skype'd home, very relaxing.

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey cheeky, i watched that the other night here in UK. such a good film...I am sittin here waiting for my takeaway.....mmmmmm hungry...its gettin late i need food..............
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I fell asleep about 20mins from the end!!! I'm quite certain it will repeat at least 10X by next week though. It is not as droll as the book, some really nice scenes and I loved the music

Internet down AGAIN... And no, not just me... Had phone calls off fellow suckers who pay for this crap. The plan for the weekend, wifi!!! I loathe paying for such a poor service, it is nigh-on theft!!! Rant rant rant.

Nice to see you here SB, this place is as bout as fun as the dentist only with less visitors so it is nice to see an old smiley face [Big Grin]

Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't believe I'm still awake!

Bloomin website I'm trying to order from is crashing and deadline is tonight Grrrr...

Need sleep now!

Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com