EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The 'Average' Northwest African Phenotype/Origins of Northwest Africans (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The 'Average' Northwest African Phenotype/Origins of Northwest Africans
Snakepit1
Member # 21736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakepit1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elite Diasporan:
She's Moroccan.
 -

She has one of those "unique Northwest African" phenotypes. To me she can pass for a Caribbean Latina like a Puerto Rican or Dominican.

She looks similar to this Moroccan woman:
 -

https://www.instagram.com/nisrinasbia

Probably not unique, although more "European" looking women are usually featured in the media.

Posts: 117 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^I think posted her before. She is well known on social media.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@Ish Geber

Dang, did not know North Africans traveled Latin America like that.

Also is it true that Berbers of Sahrawi have significant SSA admixture or is that a Eurocentric myth to explain away their more "African leaning" features?

Yes, there is a study on that. I have posted it, but forgot about the authors. If I'll find it I'll posted. For what I know it was a reference to paper by DNA-tribes.

And later another paper confirmed it also. I posted it 2016-2017 in a thread about Hg V88, pertaining Berbers from Central-Africa, and Northwest vs Northeast Berbers. However, they had one of the highest scores in M81, with "sub Saharan" L-lineage.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Do you remember what were those "L-lineages" because if it were L3 then it cant be explained away via "slavery."
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^^Do you remember what were those "L-lineages" because if it were L3 then it cant be explained away via "slavery."

No it was not slavery. I think it was L2 etc.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autshumato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
quote:
Originally posted by Son of Ra:

The hair texture of the average Moroccan.

-

According to lioness this is due to recent slaves / slavery from the "sub-Sahara"

[Roll Eyes]

Love this one, the one on the right looks like my sister. My mother calls her "bossie-kop" which might translate into 'bushy head or busy hair'.

--------------------
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”

Posts: 195 | From: Southern Africa(Azania) | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what does the average North American look like?
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Another mulatta type Moroccan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdLbRqEZ11g

@Ish Geber thoughts?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you guys make of the Dutch fashion model Imaan Hammam who is half Moroccan and half Egyptian??

-

-

-

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to her Instagram page and if I recall right her mother or grandmother has a negroid phenotype so her look isn't unsual.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@DJ

What I like about her is that no one can dismiss her features as "recent SSA" because BOTH her ancestries are North African.

She looks like a pseudo-mulatto.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ If by "recent SSA" you mean 'black' then I disagree because such phenotype is indigenous to North Africa as well. This is why I am weary of the whole SSA vs. NA with the former implying black while the latter 'non-black'. As for "pseudo-Mulatto", her complexion is is actually darker than typical "mulatto" types which is usually what is held up as the standard form of beauty in North Africa.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This topic is not " hot looking females of North Africa"
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@dj misread your comment,my response was based of that.
The stereotype of a mulatto look is somewhere in between both parents isn't always true, though the lighting is a bit of here is imaam hamman with friends Cindy bruna,half Italian and African,Riley Montana who is a black American.

http://www.buro247.com.au/thumb/640x960_0/images/640-Imaan-Hammam-imaanhammam-Instagram-photos-and-videos-.jpg

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
what does the average Algerian man look like?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
I think you'll will find this interesting,

Women and Colonial Legal Pluralism in Algeria, Ottoman history.

http://www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/2017/02/ghabrial.html

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
What do you guys make of the Dutch fashion model Imaan Hammam who is half Moroccan and half Egyptian??

-

-

-

She’s has the nick name Nefertiti. And rightfully so.
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:

-

The fellas on the top row

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
what does the average North American look like?

Do you mean from before or after the annihilation of the indigenous people.

quote:

Your favorite source:

quote:
“Turkish corsair and admiral Hayreddin Barbarossa in 1516, captured the city of Algiers from the Holy Roman Empire. Although initially Barbaros and his brothers were independent, after his elder brother's death, Barbaros appealed to Selim for protection.[3] In 1532, during the reign of Suleiman I (the Magnificent), Barbaros was appointed as the grand admiral of the Ottoman Navy and Algeria became an Ottoman possession. Eventually the Ottomans began controlling the hinterland also. In 1552, Salih Reis an Ottoman admiral, marched over the Sahara and captured Touggourt.“

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_wars_in_Africa

quote:
The Turks in Algeria, also commonly referred to as Algerian Turks,[3][4][5][6][7] Algerian-Turkish[8][9] Algero-Turkish[10] and Turkish-Algerians[11] (Arabic: أتراك الجزائر‎; French: Turcs d'Algérie; Turkish: Cezayir Türkleri[12]) are ethnic Turkish descendants who, alongside the Arabs and Berbers, constitute a strong admixture to Algeria's population.[13][14][15][16] During Ottoman rule, Turkish settlers began to migrate to the region predominately from Anatolia[17][18] and many intermarried with the native population; the male offspring of these marriages were referred to as Kouloughlis (Turkish: kuloğlu) due to their mixed Turkish and central Maghrebi blood.[19][20] Consequently, the terms "Turks" and "Kouloughlis" have traditionally been used to distinguish between those of full and partial Turkish ancestry.[21]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_in_Algeria

Have a nice day!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com