EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What dates are you going to be in Egypt miffmiss and cheeky? Will you be in Cairo at any time?
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hhehehehe i really wish i can go out in bingley with you all.
I never went out there before, only keighley and bradford and leeds, and of course the small villages, howorth had a few good times there.
Have fun and dont be too sad on your goodbyes, dont drink to much, heheheheh have a drink for me.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
miffmiss I see you are working as hard as me! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha advocate head to miffmiss thread and you will see why i am working so hard today haha.

I arrive on the 3rd August and cheeky arrives the 12th. We are both in Cairo full time. Are you planning a holiday. Come see us, come see us.

Yorkie bingley is great, I went to Bingley grammar school and to gofor a night out there is like a school reunion haha. I did Keighley a few time but it is really rough now, bradford is just as bad. Leeds is good but i feel so lost there. Its too big.

I think it is starting to hit home that i am going soon. I have done so many good byes and it has gone from, "yeah i cant wait to go, not gonna miss anything" to silent tears and big hugs. I even sobbed through mamma mia last night and its not even a sad film

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really, keighley always was rough, i was always nervous going out there, you always got to look over your shoulder, and dare not to have eye contact or you get a fist in your nose.
Its years i was there, i personally loved wetherby where i partied my ass off, Oh id love to go back, lived there a few years.
I agree leeds is huge.
London, did a few years there to, worked for a club owner in oxford street, so got to go in for free, but i rather wetherby and harrogate.
It will hit home, and like me you might question wht you are doing, but look on the bright side, you know you are going to a better life, and you can always go home iff it didnt work out, but for sure it will.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I question what I am doing all the time but I always arrive at the sane conclusion I am chasing my dreams.

I was AMAZED that Bingley was a real place lol.. I expected everyone to wear bowler hats! (Bradford and Bingley!)

MM, I have sent my penultimate text to EC asking for a meeting. No reply hence being penultimate as I am flooging a dead horse I think!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keighley with the 3 f's. haha. I used to think i was so good cos i went out with one of the big boys in town. I had to stop going out there when i broke up with him and accidently broke his heart. I was so sacred he would do something to me. Instead he just cried everytime i saw him which eventually just annoyed me. I like men to be men.

Haha i told you it was real but you didnt beleive me till i showed you. Well you will be miles away soon so forget him. one more pressure you dont need right now.

Yep the emotions are running high now. I have done all i can on the flat and closed the doors. I am knackered. At one point i was trying to get the sofa out the door and just couldnt do it alone i got it wedged in the door and blocked myself out, so i sat on the floor and cried in frustration and cos i was sooooo tired. hahaha. I am cracking up now. But i have done all i can and i will be glad to give the keys back tonight.
Next job is the dentist. So hate the dentist but i have a 1 hour appointment to get everything done.
Then tomorrow it is Debbies birthday so i am calling into work to give her pressents and have a goodbye lunch. She is happy now cos she has decided to quit work and is buying a tepe and going to live on a commune. She said i inspired her to just do it.
Friday night i am babysitting for the niece and nephew from hell. OMG they have soooooo much energy.
Then the foster family leaving do on saturday, out with a friend saturday night, and my party on sunday. What i weekend. cant wait!!

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just so looking forward to not having to run around like a blue arsed fly and finally get to Cairo to relax! I will sleep for a week!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Wow i cant belive the days are coming for you.
Wow wht a busy weekend you have ahead.
I guess you have given your flat up now.
Good luck and fill us in.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Yes the flat is done and dusted. She asked me if i never cooked cos the cooker was gleaming and looked brand new haha.

I have done my back in again so i am suffering today. I think it was trying to carry a 3 seater sofa out of the house on my own that could have been the cause.

Went to give debbie her pressent today and she cried like a baby cos i am leaving.

Cheeky i need a month of relaxation when i get there to recover form this past month, how about sneaking to the beach to work on a tan

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is everyone so happy about?
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissFit
Member # 15579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissFit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LunaticFringe:
What is everyone so happy about?

I think the idea is that it's just better to be positive than negative. Negativism is so blase.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't read any of this thread really, but I like the title.

Today is a farm tour in the County and my husband and I are taking the boy to go see petting zoos and pick blueberries, maybe take a hay ride. It's a bright, sunny day, not too humid.

We are happy today. [Smile] Thank God.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissFit
Member # 15579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissFit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Event Horizon:
I haven't read any of this thread really, but I like the title.

Today is a farm tour in the County and my husband and I are taking the boy to go see petting zoos and pick blueberries, maybe take a hay ride. It's a bright, sunny day, not too humid.

We are happy today. [Smile] Thank God.

VERY happy indeed, have a nice time! [Smile]
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Im very happy today.
Had some good news, just hope it will work out this time.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
Im very happy today.
Had some good news, just hope it will work out this time.

Glad that you are happy Yorkie [Smile] hope that your happiness lasts.

Good luck [Smile]

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm drinking boxed wine from a plastic pint glass... I couldn't BE more happy! [Big Grin]
God bless bbqs and the rare English summer. One hour until the party kicks off, woo.

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Thanks Miss sharm
Enjoy your BBQ, i love them, i wish i was at one now.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh very happy indeed.

My sister sent me three new CDs by IM last night...I havent bothered to by any new music in months...

Ahhhh....

Although the box wine, bbq, hay ride, and all else above sounds lovely too. Cloudy day here, for a change.

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Hello to all the new happy people.

I have been sat out at leaving party 1 and it has been great. Beautiful weather (for a change) BBQ and good company. Couldnt ask for more. Tomorrow i have leaving party 2 and everyone keeps giving me gifts. Its great.

Also it is now a week today till i come to Egypt. Life dont geet much better than this [Big Grin]

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? No happy people today?
Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Oops. Duplicate.
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Well enjoy yourself so much today, have fun.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Yes i am very very happy. I have had my leaving party and now i have my closest friends still here drinking into the night. I feel very loved and very happy right now but yet i cant wait to get to Egypt
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
And I am that happy I am buzzing. I had a great time at the stag party, I will up load the carnage ater I have started to pack my clothes [Smile]

MM, I feel pretty loved too, I spent the afternoon with a friend shopping and although I am sad to leave I am very happy at what is round the corner.

I will definately miss the English countryside, I left Brighton at 5am to get to work this morning and the sunrise and the peace was gorgeous.

Weirdkitty, you sound about as classy as me... a nice pint in a plastic cup and you are happy.

Spread the love man... why is there no hippy emoticon?

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Im so happy you had a great time, cheeky.
Yes i ofcourse miss the british countryside.
Sometimes i dream, im still surrounded by it, its quite a peaceful thought.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
This morning was lush as the sun came up as the sky was red and the mist was coming from the fields. I really appreciated it.

I will really miss seeing the rape seed and the poppy fields, they are my favourites.

It is peaceful YR, little things like birdsong etc... I really am in a hippy mood lol...

I had a fab time, if I do have to come back to the UK for whatever reason, I will move to Brighton I think, I am so happy there and it is such a nice pleasant place.

I asked ages ago what people miss about home and I guess I am compiling a list before i go lol... my list of things to look forward to is bigger though so stroll on [Big Grin]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Oh i simply adore the rape seed fields with the most amazing colour of yellow, and ofcourse the poppy.
The birds song is my most missed.
Nothing like the sad evening song of the blackbird.
Its not here at all, only the sparrow and the swallow.
Oh i miss europe for these things so much.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I have birdsong CD's packed for my folks if you wanna get a copy... not sure they want them but tough lol.

The yellow is blinding but the smell is heaven, I will also miss honeysuckle... oh and daffodils and tulips. Basically nature and English pastures. (not cow crap, that stinks) Oh, and wood fires [Smile]

I will miss woodland noises and to be fair, I will miss peace and quiet in general. I have yet to find my egyptian haven. Kitchener Island is nice a nd quaint but it is a hub as people flock there. I am sure I will find it.

I have a haven in Brighton and it is 'my bench' I sit there for hours watching the waves and listening to the sound of silence...

wow... gonna get a joss stick and put the windchimes back up lol. I am so happy and relaxed I could sleep standing up !!

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Weirdkitty, you sound about as classy as me... a nice pint in a plastic cup and you are happy.
Just to add to my class- My favourite boxed wine is the cheapest you can buy in tesco's. Only costs about £3. Gods, it's like being back in my white lightening days. Drunk on a budget, bliss lol.

There is only about 30% chance of me getting to Egypt for the 7th now, it seems I'll have to wait until sept, Ramadan- which I really did not want to do. Oh well, bloody credit crunch has to make life difficult.
If I can't get there, I expect you to all raise a glass at think of the empty seat besides you, where I should be sitting, drinking the cheapest thing on the menu, haha.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I'll drink to your absence if you cannot make it.

Drunk on a budget, wow you really are me 10 years ago lol. £3 [Big Grin]

The best thing about box wine is if you take te bagout you can get put it up your top and they never detect it...

I like how you gave us statistics on your chances of making it... lmao. How thorough you are.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
OMG i would love a copy of the cd, i was thinking of going online and checking out birdsongs, i think i lost it really, but to be honest to listen to car horns all day , does make me miss these things.
Yes all the flowers, Autumn, crunchy leaves, im homesick, aaagggggg.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I will copy them all if you like, I have a box set of various natural sounds.

Aw, crunchy leaves and the sound of fresh snow being walked over.

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
OMG i would love a copy of the cd, i was thinking of going online and checking out birdsongs, i think i lost it really, but to be honest to listen to car horns all day , does make me miss these things.
Yes all the flowers, Autumn, crunchy leaves, im homesick, aaagggggg.

Just for you Yorkie [Smile]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV0401jOkWg&feature=related

Hope to see you in August [Smile]

Take care

Amanda x

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Wow yippeee
I will listen now for sure.
See you in
August
xxx

nighty night, hes on his way back.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Anyone else having a raging thunderstorm?

It is blasting it down here in the mids. So pretty and loud [Big Grin]

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Not having a raging thunderstorm yet but think that it is on it's way to Cheshire....it is getting wet and windy out there [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Lots of flashes and bangs... great fun. Still pretty muggy but I like that as I can turn the heating off at last. [Big Grin]

Smells great [Big Grin]

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
`I wanna thunderstorm. I have a dodgy tina turner look today with the humidity and you cant beat a powercut and a thunderstorm. Even without powercut i want to turn all the electricity off and light candles and play board games.

I will miss that about england.

One thing i wont miss is living with my mother.

Kokanee
Member # 15510

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kokanee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are expecting rain tomorrow...not sure if it will thunder or not, but we do need the rain. I'm getting really excited. Just a few more days of work, then off to Cairo on the 6th. Am looking forward to being there. I'm still packing up my apartment. It's amazing what you accumulate over a 5 month period!
Posts: 49 | From: Canada/Egypt | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
All three of us are packing... I will be in the air 2 weeks today having palpitations and red wine [Smile]

We can play scrabble by candle light if you really want to MM... I can't do anything for your hair though.

I have to move in with my mother! I will be coming over to you guys for respite [Wink]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
You realise that unless I can book that ticket, I will hate you all a little [Big Grin]

Lots of rain at the moment, yet to hear thunder.

--------------------
Another one....

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Don't hate me just becasue you want to be me lmao...

your time will come WK... everybody has their own barriers they have to clamber over to get to their dream you unfortunately have a couple more than some [Frown] If it is meant to be then hell girl, it will be!

Marvellous blue skies and sunshine this morning, schizophrenic weather patterns!

Woke up to a sheep attack MM... BAA... I think the telly tubbies got a new cast member.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
oh i love the storms, got to wait till october for one to begin here.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
YR, it flooded in through patio and all over my new floors! I had to get my lodger to get a
HUGE slug out [Frown]

I love them but I wish I had remembered to shut the door lol...

Storms are great though [Smile] so refreshing.

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
haha oh no another tellytubby call this one dipsy.

Yes candle light scabble sounds good but you will kick my ass cos if you havent noticed already i cant spell to save my life haha

Well we never got the storm, just a bit of rain so i still have the tina turner hair do and looking hot (in every sense of the word)

Dont worry we are getting a 3 bedroomed house so you can have the spare room when every you want. I know what its like living with parents, the novalty wears off pretty quick

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
OK i had to write here as well cos i am sooooooooooo happy

ONLY 3 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

Egypt here we come

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
MM ... OMG

I cant belive that it is only 3 more days. You must be absolutely beside yourself.

And CF you can beat me at scrabble too, I havent played in forever! I can always make plenty of words but lack competitiveness so you can always have the triple word score [Smile]

Ahhh...WK...I am just sure you will find your way back to Egypt.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
oh my god, it will fly by, youll be so busy, how much stuff are you bringing?

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
The blackbird song is so lovely.
Dont have it here at all.
aww i could listen all day.
Thankyou

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com