EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am fine thanks, so glad it is the weekend. [Smile]

Have you had a sickness bug? I think that's the trouble with working in offices, the small spaces breed germs..yuk!

It's pretty quite on ES today isn't it? Must be a bit early for the cauldrons to start bubbling [Big Grin]

Well I am leaving this hell hole now, chat to you when I get home, oh the joys of the roadworks on the M4!

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha gotta love those friday motorways.

Nah i poisioned myself with dodgy chicken. Not a good idea but i had 2 full days in bed so that made a nice change haha.

Yep i am glad its the weekend to (even though i have had a short week) but i am moving all my stuff out of the house this weekend so i can scrub it from top to bottom in hope of getting my deposit back. Its nearly £800 so its worth the effort.

ES is always quiet on a friday daytime. I dont know if its cos its Egypts weekend or just cos everyone knows it my most bored day waiting for the weekend bookings to come in haha

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck on getting your deposit back, and have happy cleaning.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate cleaning. I only like cleaning something if it is really bad because i love the wow factor after but this is boring cleaning in a reasonably clean apartment. Its all touch up on walls cleaning impossible to clean windows (how do i clean the outside when i am on the second floor and its the neighbours garden below) scrubbing carpet marks etc so basically white gloves and magnifying glass needed
Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't you get a cheap cleaner to do it for you? My mother has started to be my "fairy" and my kids are afraid not to listen to her but tend to keep out of her way in case she asks them to do anything! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
haha i was great at that as a kid. When i saw my granny roll up her sleaves it was suddenly time i should be elsewhere

Yes i could but every penny counts and i think i am gonna struggle to get my money back anyway cos sophie spilt curry on the carpet and i used vanish to clean it and it took the colour out. Then she drew on the walls and its builders paint so when i wiped it off the paint came too. Also my old dog chewed the blinds one day so between those things i think i will be lucky to get anything back haha

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you are a model tenant then miffmiss? [Big Grin]

I would hate to rent from a private landlord, they want to keep your deposit for such trivial things. I am in social housing and within reason we can do what we want and how we want [Smile]

Have a happy weekend cleaning [Smile]

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cleaned and cleaned as well today, im just finishing the bedroom now, pulled out loads of junk and sand from under the bed.
I cant decide whts better mud or sand, The sand here gets everywhere.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
i wish.

Yep we are great tennets. haha We had done really well (apart from the dog and the blinds) until 3 weeks ago when i handed in the notice and it all went wrong from there

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
When do you finish work for good in the UK?
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
31/07 and i leave on the 2/08.

and on the 1st i have to make the liverpool trip to get a 1 day super expensive passport cos if we stay over there i want a full long term passport for her and hers runs out next year. I tried to do it months ago but her dad messed me about with the passport numbers thinking he could ruin my move out there
I told his mum and dropped in that i have no problem going out there as i have more than 6 clear months on the passport but i might struggle to bring her home. haha she had the numbers for me 24 hours later.

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Good morning happy people. Well the weekend is here and all i have to enjoy is clearing out my old flat and finally packing up my computer. (so i might be here a little less cos i have to fight with my step dad to get on theres) I thought i had gotten clever on the window washing by going and buying one of those JML magnet window washers so you clean the inside and the magnet attached bit cleans the outside. Well i have dropped it four times now and they dont work. Now i have streaky windows haha. Cost me £40 as well. Might take em back.

Also thought i was being clever buying sophie a portable DVD from a car boot sale cos it was only £25 and i thought that would amuse her whilst we got sorted. Got it home and it doesnt work haha. great. So i dare not buy anything else cos they say these things come in 3's.

Well i guess i should get off ES and actually do something instead of making excuses as to why i cant haha.

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning to everyone [Smile]

Seems like you are having fun miffmiss with your cleaning and trying to keep sophie entertained at the same time!

I am off to the sales today [Smile] my nice employer paid my wages yesterday so off to hand it all over to next [Smile]

I have woken though today with a headache from hell, went out last night with a girlfriend. I wouldn't mind but I wasn't even drinking but have a headache as though I am hungover
[Confused]

Hope everyone here as a good weekend [Smile]

Miffmiss, I can come and help you if you want...I will bring my marigolds and mop bucket [Wink]

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miffmiss so envious of you. G
I'v been working my ass off doing 2 jobs to save some money.
Today I am happy, just finsihed my second job - no more nights, yipeee.

Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Sherribaby - well done girl, it isn't easy trying to do 2 jobs, this is something I am considering doing....like you I want to save some money and with how things are at the moment in the UK this isn't something that can be done on a normal monthly salary.
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Everyone get your marigolds on (mine are the pink ones withe the jewels on and fluff round the cuffs) i have achieved naff all today haha. I did a bit this morning but it all went down hill when mr t buzzed me, then we were hungry so we did lunch, now all the boxes i packed up this morning sophie has unpacked so i have them to do again haha.

I did the 2 job thing when sophies dad 1st left and it killed me. I would work 8-6 in an office monday - friday then 9-4am in a club wednesday - Sunday. i never slept and i never saw sophie. But i had to to make ends meet. Then i ditched the 4 bedroom house for an apartment and got some of my life back. When i whine that i am tired now i think back to then and think nah! not that tired yet haha

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done nothing much today, I ache and I am stroppy so I have wrote a letter of complaint to Abbey National to get my stroppyness out my system.

I will be going to live with my mum so I will never have to clean again, well until I get my own place! Then I will pay her to clean my place lol...

MM, wanna buy my cooker? it broke last week [Big Grin] you can have it for 1p and then your jinx is over.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
haha yep its a deal.

Too late. i wanted to take cookery books but they are too heavy so i went and bought that new DS game that tells you step by step vocial cooking instructions. I figued a 1 inch game was cheaper than taking the books and paying baggage excess. I am charging the DS now so i can test it and take it back if it dont work

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a nightmare for throwing receipts away... I usually end up having to keep the damn things!

Dinner at yours one night then.. i will skip the chicken though if you don't mind... I haven't called hughey in a while and don't want to.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey girls, guess who is in the hiz-ouse?

[Smile]

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by miffmiss:
i wanted to take cookery books but they are too heavy so i went and bought that new DS game that tells you step by step vocial cooking instructions. I figued a 1 inch game was cheaper than taking the books and paying baggage excess. I am charging the DS now so i can test it and take it back if it dont work

What type of cookery books did you want to take?
You could always scan your favourite recipes and then email them to yourself and don't forget the cookery section on ES [Smile]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mirasol:
hey girls, guess who is in the hiz-ouse?

[Smile]

Hey you... wb.

Oh god... I so hate cooking [Frown] will you guys please pity me and make me food for the freezer lol. I am just a terrible cook!

Don't start me on sewing, I would rather buy a new coat than have to sew a button back on!

No wonder I am single [Big Grin] can't cook or sew, refuse to wash or iron others clothes, I hog the remote and I snore.. I am so going to be Mrs Haversham!

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
haha cute cheeky. You will have to get a house husband or a rich man who has servants for you, hey peace had a spare rich man kicking about, ask her if you can borrow him.

Hey there Mirasol welcome b to the mad house.

Missy it was my take away cooking, 5 minute wonders, cooking for dummies haha only joking. I had a right collection of cook books, with everything from BBQ books, to veggies, with kiddie cook books etc. I have managed to pass them on to my sister who will scan and email to me if i need something i havent got. I am taking only sophies fav cook book and my "past down the generations, grannys home cooking/baking" bero book. It has the best chocolate cake in the world in it.

I checked out the DS cook book last night and it is great. It hass loads of sections in it with foods from round the world and it talks you through step by step. When your all gunked up you dont even have to touch it, you just shout continue or repeat and it does it for you. haha i love it.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh MM, ain't technology grande. If only it could make cookies for you!

Mirasol sounds like a miracle cure cream [Big Grin] Can I have some?

Hm, a rich husband and servants. Can't I have a husband who is a servand so I can have more disposable income?

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I RETURN!!
Hello people. Festival was great. Mainly stayed in the comedian’s tent, laughed like crazy for hours. Weather was typical English, rain one second, sun the next. Bloody cold at night though.

Anyway- sorry to jump back to old convo- Me and Sam came to a compromise about covering. I just point blank refused to be covered in discos, but fine with covering in streets. As Cheeky said, Egyptian woman don't always cover in them, so why would I?

Hmm, I was looking at that DS cooking thing. I can't cook anything, very typical student, if it doesn't involve a microwave it is too hard. I knew one day I was going to have to learn, but decided as I lived at home, it can always wait. But I guess it is time I looked into it more. Do you think the DS one would be good as an absolute dummies guide (seriously, I am not exaggerating my ignorance)?

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I live on mash so you can practice cooking for me [Smile]

I have never had to know how to cook so I am of the opinion why should I learn lol...

Good ole Sam, I am glad you will get to show ya elbows at some point.

I could have leant you my -15tog sleeping bag! That would have kept you warm [Big Grin] A comedians tent... wow that would be my heaven.

Good to have you back.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
lol well lets just say getting to the compromise was like (and still is) a game of tug of war. But I'm stubborn, and so is he lol, so there is a lot of tug of war going on.

The comedians tent was great! Bill Bailey, Phil Jupitus, Ross Noble, etc. Dave Gorman was in the literacy tent- ok he isn't quite Danny Wallace, but I love him anyway. So yeah, I pretty much laughed for three days.

Mash?! Wow, you are well advanced from me lol.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
If you ever move to egypt WK i will teach you the basics. I am better at baking so i can teach you how to make perfect cakes better than boil an egg.

Technology is great. I would reccommend this cooking game thing though cos at school i could make things perfect but when i followed the same instructions written down i couldnt do it. This is like having a teacher telling you how to do it.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
quote:
lol well lets just say getting to the compromise was like (and still is) a game of tug of war. But I'm stubborn, and so is he lol, so there is a lot of tug of war going on.

The comedians tent was great! Bill Bailey, Phil Jupitus, Ross Noble, etc. Dave Gorman was in the literacy tent- ok he isn't quite Danny Wallace, but I love him anyway. So yeah, I pretty much laughed for three days.

Mash?! Wow, you are well advanced from me lol.

If I were any more jealous I would implode! Bill Bailey is a genius! I also love Dave Gorman! Feck...

If you let him win the rows so early on he will think he can win em all.. stand you ground [Big Grin]

WK, I will take you to chantillys to buy cake and skip the making and washing up part, sorry MM [Wink]

Bloody baking, sheesh, are we flying back in time when we board flight to Cairo lol...

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Yeah, I've always wondered why people just didn't buy the cakes, so much easier, and probably cheaper when you think of all the ingredients you have to buy to make something from scratch. Please say Egypt has aunt bessies lol.

Bill Bailey was great, I missed him when I saw Buzzcocks because it was noel fielding instead, so yay. Dave Gorman wouldn't show his tattoo (if you know googlewack, you'll know what I mean lol). I'm not usually the biggest Ross Noble fan, but he was crazy, he got everyone doing a conga around the whole of the festival lol. Omid Djalili was also surprisingly good. Ohhh and Frankie Boyle from Mock of the week was so great!

I love my clothes way too much not to stand my ground lol.

--------------------
Another one....

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
haha didt you know that we wil be in a time warp in Egypt where women stay home and look after the children and husband after he has had a busy day at work, "can i massage your tired feet baby" haha nah i just like baking. My granny taught me as a kid. Dont get much chance now a days.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Do you darn as well? [Wink]

Noel Fielding is great as well, I love him singing the Soup Song on the Buzzcocks... croutons croutons lol. TF for youtube as I will miss certain tv shows! Thankfully I can get family guy on showtime [Big Grin]

I love shopping and in all honesty if certain clothes can NEVER be worn then City Stars would technical never sell any cloths to people living in Egypt! It is all in the math really!

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
haha no but i will learn if you want me to repair your sock for you. Personally i thnk they are cheaper in primark haha

I spotted a really nice furniture shop in city stars that i am dying to try out when i get there.

After all the packing i have done i dont think i need to buy clothes for a while haha. Maybe once i lose some weight i will buy some more then.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Was it Kian? I love their stuff... especially the lights. If anybody wants to buy me a welcome present [Wink]

I blanked EC [Big Grin]

I need to diet! Why does everybody want to get me drunk?

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
haha you know what my feeder friends are like, they dont wanna get me drunk they just want to feed me. haha The main feeder has been here today and she came with her 3 kids who untidied as quick as i could tidy. haha she was asking about you and is planning a week over in November to visit. yey!!

I thought you werent gonna do that. Did he try.

I dont know what it was called but it was vry modern and had a great black and white sofa in the window with a funky living room set up

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
yay.. I love your fab feeder friend... It would be great if she could be there.

He didn't try. I will tell you about it when I am free!!! idiot.

We can go take a peek whenever you are free...

goingthere
Member # 14911

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for goingthere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Cheeky
Tuesday has arrived.... Any word at all from you know who?

Posts: 21 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
yep. I plan to shop there whilst mum is over cos she is a compulsive spender so i can hope she will spend on me hahaha

I nearly cried when she said she would come over withno hubby or kids. I was so touched. She is great.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am happy today i started my new job [Cool]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a very good news Micky, congrats. [Smile]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
How was it Micky? I hope you like it [Big Grin]

My brother said he will come over christmas, now you have to come out with us then as he and I are little party ferrets when we are togther.

You really find out who you friends are don't you at times like this. x

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
I hope your job is going well,
Are you coming later in the year?

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
i am happy today i started my new job [Cool]

mabrouk micky [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
I hope your job is going well,
Are you coming later in the year?

thanks all. it was great today , sabri and i are planning to come in jan , (crossing my fingers)
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
congratulations micky

cheeky i agree. I have had friends come out of the wood work i had forgotten about and i have lost someone i classed as one of my best friends, she is sophies god mother as well.

I think i am heading home for xmas cos my sister said if i dont she will come to egypt and drag me home by my hair. haha i think shes gonna miss me.

Well just got back from mamma mia with my other sister and it was great. I actually wanted to clap at the end of the film it was that good. More so cos it was a real feel good film.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Mamma mia is a demon! Bloody selling out all over the place, and having people moan at me as if it is my fault there are no tickets left. Soon as batman is over and done with, I will be back to peace, ahhhh. And when I'm back at university, I can cut my hours again, no more popcorn nightmares lol.
Well anyway, not feeling too happy, so I shall remove myself from the thread... Or am I on the miffmiss one? It's the same people, and I'm not bothered to scroll to the top of the page to find out haha. I shall get food and see if it cheers me up lol.

--------------------
Another one....

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I will prob fly back next May if funds permit to the IOW for the estival as that is our livlihood.

WK... unhappy people are banished unless they have a counteractive tail i.e. I am soooo sad to say goodbye to people I have today BUT I am one day closer to my new life [Big Grin]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Hmmm, counteractive counteractive counteractive... nope, things genuinely suck right now. So I will leave, but I'm taking the wine with me! [Smile]

--------------------
Another one....

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
MM... well I think I lost somebody I considered a friend as well.

I have decided not to worry about the people in my past, there is a reason they did not make it into my present [Smile]

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
yes that is my thoughts too. I have another leaving night out planned if you can make it. Firday 1st. My last night in England. There is a large crowd of us girls going round Bingley as a final good bye. Dont wanna ruin your liver even more or anything. haha
  This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com