EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cooking up some sleep.

"you missed bonafire night..."

Duly noted

So what's Bonafire night, it sounds cool. Do people drink and dance round it?

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
Cooking up some sleep.

"you missed bonafire night..."

Duly noted

So what's Bonafire night, it sounds cool. Do people drink and dance round it?

they sit around it and sing kumbya [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds Good Micky [Big Grin]

A big congrats to San Francisco Giants fans (if there's any on ES) for winning the World Series. Man that team hasn't tasted a championship in 54 years. The city itself never enjoyed a WS championship before as the team was previously the NY Giants before moving to San Fran in '57.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We talk about blowing up Parliament over a cuppa tea and a jacket spud!!!

I loved Bonfire Night but hate fireworks!!! So I was one who would watch from a window.

Google Guy Fawkes and check out what he did and learn some British history... he was a dude [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and right now, I am wondering if I have moved to a city of owls!!!

4am on a 'school night' I got home!!! Am knackered!

I also met a blue nose last night (Birmingham City fan aka arch enemy) and the banter was fun.

Plan today.... I gotta go Starbucks for some caffiene!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

I loved Bonfire Night but hate fireworks!!! So I was one who would watch from a window.

When I was a kid I loved fireworks, but since the last 10 years or so I am terrified and now prefer to do the same as you...don't know where this fear came from but it's enough to keep me in the house on bonfire night. My inlaws were amazed at the amount of kids coming to our door trick or treating on Halloween. Stupid me forgot to buy sweets so ended giving out a fortune in pound coins!!!
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's one I wrote earlier (2 years ago!)

Bonfire Night

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was working halloween in fancy dress, and then after I went to a gaynight in my local club where divafeva, or whatever they are called, were playing (band that got kicked off ex factor). Parents said we had no kids knocking anway.
I don't see trick or treating as begging, it is just a fun thing for the children to do, and the whole neighborhood gets involved in. I can't wait to take Zain in a few years!

My town doesn't do it's big firework display until Sunday, so once again I'll be working. Bah!
Christmas soon though, woo!

As for what I am doing right now. Sitting on the sofa, drinking my diet coke and watching project runway.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D_Oro
Member # 17954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D_Oro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants!!! [Big Grin]

Texans still are proud of our RANGERS for making it to the World Series! [Smile]

--------------------
www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square

Posts: 770 | From: www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately our town no longer has a bonfire night [Frown] It was always such a good night. I think the cost and insurance made it not viable anymore.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to UEFA champions tonite...I hope Bursaspor beat the $hit outa Man Utd. , Chelsea play tomorrow at Stamford Bridge VS Spartak Moscow...Blues rule. [Cool]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by D_Oro:
Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants!!! [Big Grin]

Texans still are proud of our RANGERS for making it to the World Series! [Smile]

Oh yeah coming in 2nd is something to be proud of [Roll Eyes]

[Big Grin]

D_Oro
Member # 17954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D_Oro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First time to go to the World Series in 50 years and coming in second is... [Big Grin] [Wink]

We will be back!

--------------------
www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square

Posts: 770 | From: www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am not interested in UEFA... Am purely a Premiership Carling Cup kinda girl.

We will be having a BBQ for Bonfire Night.

I actually explained to a n Egyptian friend today what Bonfire Night is all about and she was so impressed by this tradition. [Big Grin]

I am going to have a night at home with junk food and crap tv... perfect. Got jarmies on already [Smile]

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been helping my mother in law to make mashy. It is harder than it looks and very time consuming. Not that I mind, I haven't cooked a meal in three weeks. [Big Grin]

Cheeky I love junk food. All of it. I have to really force myself not to eat it every day because I could quite easily. I have to close my eyes when I walk past the biscuit and sweets aisles at the supermarket. It's very hard!I wish I could be more like Sam. He never eats junk and he hates chocolate. He would rather eat fruit, but this explains why he never gets fat and I do [Frown]

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I don't eat a right lot of junk tbh. I like the odd choc bar or brownie. I don't really like fizzy pop and I don't really like crisps. I miss things like Wotsits and Skips and I crave Monster Munch!!!

So a junk night for me is a rarity. But in contrast I really dislike fruit!

Every night I stay in though I love to drink boiled milk... that is my down fall in my diet.

For dinner I had home made Shepherds pie and mash. [Big Grin]

I love how you are in England eating Egyptian food and I am in Egypt eating shepherds pie [Smile]

AND... I am on a no smoking day so junk is acceptable.

Rashaaa
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rashaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now... I am back on the ES after a long time away *waves* hi to everyone....

Hubby's actually in Cairo as we speak, he touched down last night, was just chatting to him [he went home to see the folks and take a mini break, while I am here at our home with the kids, school, work etc...]

I'm going out shortly to pick up some cold medicine for the 'lil one....

--------------------
رِحْلِة الأَلْف مِيل تَبْدَأ بِخَطْوَة

Posts: 385 | From: In my hayati's heart and thoughts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
I really craved wotsits when I was living in Dubai...my mother posted me some over a few times. Since I came back to England I don't like them anymore. I'm certain they have changed the taste because they taste weird now. I got really into Hersheys chocolate products and their peanut butter bars mmmm I don't know if you can get them in the UK. Tim Tams are nice biscuits from Australia I used to to eat over there as well
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Hi Rashaaa

I have folk bringing me Monster Munch.. and before I could get them here I was getting Double Deckers in the post.

I love it when folk come over bearing gifts. The last ES person I met bought me a bottle of Vodka [Big Grin]

And I do know my lil neice is making me a Christmas parcel which I cannot wait to get!

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
I really craved wotsits when I was living in Dubai...my mother posted me some over a few times. Since I came back to England I don't like them anymore. I'm certain they have changed the taste because they taste weird now. I got really into Hersheys chocolate products and their peanut butter bars mmmm I don't know if you can get them in the UK. Tim Tams are nice biscuits from Australia I used to to eat over there as well

No it probably tastes the same but the mind is a tease. When you want something but can't have it you crave it. When it's there you don't want it as much.

By the way the best chocolate is American chocolate it's why Twix, Reeses', Hershey, Kit Kat, Snickers, etc taste best (when made in USA) because it's uses American cow milk and cocoa from South America.

Everything else is 2nd rate as it's merely licensed, the same way a Heineken (made in holland) tastes best in Amsterdam and a Budweiser(made in USA) tastes best in US. Egypt has Heineken and they do so here, it is not the same, because the water is not the same, and becuase of other metrics.

Just an observation.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
American chocolate??? What about Cadbury's man???

OOO you can't beat a good ole box of Milk Tray [Big Grin]

Admittingly though Egyptian Cadburys tastes chalky to me and I prefer Galaxy.

Beer's beer... I am easily pleased.

Am now munching cheesey nibbles... so moreish.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Cadbury Schadbury, Galaxy, whatever my wife is into imitation chocolate [Big Grin] Give me a hershey, twix, kit kat any day. [Big Grin]

That's cool though, different tastes, but for me a beer is not a beer. I'm a beer connoisseur, actually circle beer tasting events on my calendar. [Big Grin]

Watching a hilarious movie now (wildcats) with goldie hawn, woody harrelson. She's a coach of an all male football team. [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Boo hiss... Cadbury is just proof that Birmingham has talent lol.

I have been to beer tasting events, I got pissed lol. You would hate drinking with me, I like warm beer!

Think I saw that film way back when... I like Goldie Hawn.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Actually tolerate warm beer especially pilsners and stouts. So to me a warm Stella is okay, a warm Sakara would be nasty.

Beer tasting events are awesome, and yes to get pissed. [Big Grin]

Getting close to my bed time, have a steady schedule of late, sleep at dawn, awake afternoon (1-2pm) perfeccccct.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Chris Farley (rip) is AWESOME. Watching one of his movies, where he is being taught the Capital alphabet letter “A” and he understood it, then when taught the lowercase “a” he went all deranged and freaked out. Saying “you want my head to explode” ahahahahahahahhaha [Big Grin]

I gotta change channels, and not watch comedy b4 going to bed. Hilarious.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I prefer warm sakara. I think the Stella here is camel piss!

Wine tasting, now there's a strange pastime! It would kill me to spit it in a bucket lol!

I am going to try and get an early sleep in.

I have no plans for tomorrow... a nice chillaxin day [Big Grin]

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Studying and reading ES..Its so entertaining!!!

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Can't sleep. Hungry too. I'm telling u guys I have a broken circadian cycle. \
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

im sorry [Frown] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
quote:

im sorry [Frown] [Wink]
Thanks boo. [Smile] It's okay [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
oh and by the way just saw your post about Chris Farley....loved him [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
oh and by the way just saw your post about Chris Farley....loved him [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

oh yeah ... he is just hilarious...just awesome [Smile] [Smile]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why God Why?

You have got me wasting time on youtube now [Frown]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unyCs0aQFbw

Waynes World - Chris Farley cameo Alice Cooper gig clip

This is the one with the 'we're not worthy' at the end [Smile] hilarious love it.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

By the way the best chocolate is American chocolate

American chocolate is crap imho.

I'm not a big chocolate fan by any means, I only like it in winter and only every few weeks / months or so. But if I buy chocolate it's either Swiss, German, Belgian or French. If I'm in Egypt and happen to get a craving for chocolate, I get Galaxy. Not great, but ok.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
here ya go BRIG......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu46A69a1TE
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm addicted to chocolate..Swiss (Lindt or Suchard) and Belgian (Côte D'Or.)..only in winter. [Razz]

Never heard of American Chocolate being renowned by anyone I've known throughout my 60 years of consuming the stuff, it could be tasty.. [Confused]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
quote:

By the way the best chocolate is American chocolate

American chocolate is crap imho.

I'm not a big chocolate fan by any means, I only like it in winter and only every few weeks / months or so. But if I buy chocolate it's either Swiss, German, Belgian or French. If I'm in Egypt and happen to get a craving for chocolate, I get Galaxy. Not great, but ok.

Matter of taste Dalia, and I hope were on the same page here. Like in paper wrapped chocolate ..galaxy bar, twix bar and not gourmet chocolate from the likes of Godiva, Galler, etc. That would be unfair.
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:

Swiss (Lindt or Suchard) and Belgian (Côte D'Or.).

Lindt and Côte D'Or are very nice. Lindt makes a great chili chocolate, btw.

In general, I prefer the darker versions with a higher percentage of cocoa.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
I'm addicted to chocolate..Swiss (Lindt or Suchard) and Belgian (Côte D'Or.)..only in winter. [Razz]

Never heard of American Chocolate being renowned by anyone I've known throughout my 60 years of consuming the stuff, it could be tasty.. [Confused]

You're definitely missing out. Try a Twix, Kit Kat, Butterfinger, Mars that are actually made in the US. The taste will be much better than the same products sold in Egypt and elsewhere.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
We talk about blowing up Parliament over a cuppa tea and a jacket spud!!!

Google Guy Fawkes and check out what he did and learn some British history... he was a dude [Big Grin]

The ONLY man to ever enter parliament with good intentions.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i just had a Twix today...love em, and a milkyway [Razz] [Razz]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What's one of those, maybe I might have one and not know [Frown]

OMG this is a chocolate thread and i've been wasting time on the entertainment!

Galaxy rules! Unless there is a box of Black Magic around [Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:

You tell 'em Micky [Big Grin] Who also happens to live in the Chocolate Capital Of The World [Big Grin]

Oh they don't know Micky [Big Grin]

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White chocolate with crispy biscuit, delicious [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You tell 'em Micky [Big Grin] Who also happens to live in the Chocolate Capital Of The World [Big Grin]

Hershey's babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;)almond joy bars
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

It used to be called “night owl syndrome”, and basically the internal clock of the person afflicted with this condition is their bodies does not recognize a 24 hour day. So for example if you awake at 8 am today, you would be expect to awake at 8am the next day. But people who suffer from a broken circadian rhythm will usually awake at 9am, then 10 am, then 11am and so on. So most people are on a 24hr clock but people with a broken circadian cycle are not.

Embrace it and you will love it. Just don't make concrete plans. [Big Grin] Coz you might be sleeping at that time or two tired to be there.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hershey's babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;)almond joy bars
[Big Grin] They do not know Micky [Big Grin]

Almond joy .... what i would do for an almond joy right now. [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i will send you a whole box of'em...send me your address [Razz] [Smile] [Smile]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
i will send you a whole box of'em...send me your address [Razz] [Smile] [Smile]

OMG I believe you [Smile] Thanks Micky, You are too sweet, I'll find those suckers. [Smile] Shipping to the suburbs of Kuala Lumpur would be a hassle.

If I don't find them and get desperate, I hope the offer stands. [Smile]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

It used to be called “night owl syndrome”, and basically the internal clock of the person afflicted with this condition is their bodies does not recognize a 24 hour day. So for example if you awake at 8 am today, you would be expect to awake at 8am the next day. But people who suffer from a broken circadian rhythm will usually awake at 9am, then 10 am, then 11am and so on. So most people are on a 24hr clock but people with a broken circadian cycle are not.

Embrace it and you will love it. Just don't make concrete plans. [Big Grin] Coz you might be sleeping at that time or two tired to be there.

aahh, I think I have a faulty one!
  This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com