EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What is a true "Arab" ? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: What is a true "Arab" ?
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh,last thing.

I did read any news replies here except lioness.
Don't bother replying mike,i have not seen your recent replies except maybe the word stupid by accident when i was heading toward lioness reply,but that could have been a old reply,who knows.
I am not going back to find out.

To correct something else in the past post.
The real Arabs do belong to the haplogroup J,so i disagree with that they do not,but they belong to the later subclades,just like the white hebrews/jews.
Some blacks could belong to J just like some whites,but like i said before it depend on the J dna we are talking about.

Of course the original J IS BLACK IN ORIGIN AND IT'S SUBCLADE IT SEEMS IF YOU LOOK AT THE DATE OF ORIGIN AND ORIGIN OF AREA IT CAME FROM ,BUT LATER J1 AND IT'S SUBCLADES?NO,NO.

They are white in origin.

So the comment FROM realhistory from the guy/gal does agree with dana,but i disagree with both.

There are some confusion about arabs and hebrews and overtime i sort it out to the point that it is much more clear now to me,but mike and those of his views or of that ilk take advantage of those that have not sort it out or still maybe confused.

He knows that the real hebrews and arabs were not black.

Now a correction from another post of mine.

I MEANT to SAY that the arabs origin is from northern arabia,not central arabia.

This give even more of a idea that they are not true natives of arabia at all,and these white invaders came from outside the area right mike?
Right stupid.

Happy reading mike. [Smile]

Arabs
Identity
The early Arabs were the tribes of Northern Arabia speaking proto Arabic dialects. Although since early days other people became Arabs through an Arabization process that could mean intermarriage with Arabs, adopting the Arabic language and culture, or both. For example, the Ghassanids and the Lakhmids which originated from Southern Semitic speaking Yemen made a major contribution in the creation of the Arabic language. The same process happened all over the Arab world after the spread of Islam by the mixing of Arabs with several other peoples. The Arab cultures went through a mixing process. Therefore every Arab country has cultural specificities which constitute a cultural mix which also originate in local novelties achieved after the arabization took place. However, all Arab countries do also share a common culture in most Aspects: Arts (music, literature, poetry, calligraphy...), Cultural products (Handicrafts, carpets, henne, bronze carving...), Social behaviour and relations (Hospitality, codes of conduct among friends and family...), Customs and superstitions, Some dishes (Shorba, Mloukhia), Traditional clothing, Architecture...

Zakar-Baal

quote-
Half-right, like I said, Arabic didn't come from Yemen, it came from further north. Thus the original Arabs were not from Yemen. But Saudis aren't Arabised Yemenites, Saudis are the people that spread the language into the peninsula. Before Yemenites spoke Arabic they spoke a southern Semitic language.

The real arabs.

Azamat

quote-
Since when has "Arab" denoted a specific ethnicity, not to mention a racially distinctive group? Maghrebi 'Arabs' look substantially different from Peninsular Arabs, who in turn look different from Levantine Arabs also. Each represent a different racial stock, descended from different populations.

I think that princess Ameerah al-Taweel of Saudi Arabia is attractive, and being a Saudi she is probably one of the "purer" Arabs out there.

-

-

-

-

The Arab marker IS J-P58,THE WHITE ARABS ARE THE TRUE ARABS.

quote-
Haplogroup J is defined by a DNA marker known as M304. Everyone who carries the M304 marker today descends from a common paternal ancestor who lived roughly 30,000 years ago in the Middle East. Members of haplogroup J-M304 are found throughout Eurasia, the Middle East, and North Africa. Haplogroup J diverges into two main subhaplogroups, J1-M267 and J2-M172, with J1-M267 typical of eastern African and Arabian groups and J2-M172 more dominant in southern European and southwest Asian (Indian) populations.

quote-
The frequency of Haplogroup J drops with increasing distance from its peak in the Middle East (see Figure 6). The highest frequency is found in the Arabian Peninsula, in Yemen (87%) and Qatar (67%). The Levant region, around present day Lebanon, Israel and Iraq, has very high frequencies around 50%. The levels of Haplogroup J continue to drop in the surrounding regions. For example, Anatolia (present day Turkey) has ~40%, the Caucasus ~33%, Iran ~25% and Egypt ~25%. North Africa and East Africa also harbor significant levels (30-40%) of Haplogroup J. While Haplogroup J is found at moderate frequencies in South Europe and regions adjacent to the Mediterranean Sea (5-25%, e.g. Greece ~20%), it is infrequent in North Europe (e.g. 1-5% in UK, Germany and Russia). Haplogroup J is not observed in the Far East (e.g. 0% in China, Korea). It is likely that geographic features helped to create this distribution pattern, where deserts (e.g. the Sahara) and mountain ranges (e.g. the Himalayas) formed barriers and seas (e.g. the Mediterranean) facilitated diffusion.

quote-
Haplogroup J1 appears at high frequencies among populations of the Middle East, North Africa, and Ethiopia (Thomas et al. 1999). J1 was spread by two temporally distinct migratory episodes, the most recent one probably associated with the diffusion of Muslims from Arabia since the 6th century CE.

Haplogroup J1 is most frequent in Arabs of the southern Levant, i.e. Palestinian Arabs (38.4%) (Semino et al.) and Arab Bedouins (62% and 82% in Negev desert Bedouins). It is also very common among other Arabic-speaking populations, such as those of Algeria (35%), Syria (30%), Iraq (33%), the Sinai Peninsula, and the Arabian Peninsula. The frequency of Haplogroup J1 collapses suddenly at the borders of Arabic countries with mainly non-Arabic countries, such as Turkey and Iran, yet it is found at low frequency among the populations of those countries, as well as in Cyprus and Sicily. It entered Ethiopia in the Neolithic with the Neolithic Revolution and spread of agriculture, where it is found mainly among Semitic speakers (e.g. Amhara 33.3%, but Oromo 3.8%). It spread later to North Africa in historic times (as identified by the motif YCAIIa22-YCAIIb22; Algerians 35.0%, Tunisians 30.1%), where it became something like a marker of the Arab expansion in the early medieval period (Semino et al. 2004). Researchers believe that marker DYS388=17 (Y DNA tests for STR - Short Tandem Repeater) is linked with the later expansion of Arabian tribes in the southern Levant and northern Africa (Di Giacomo et al. 2004). Haplogroup J1 is found almost exclusively among modern populations of Southwest Asia, North Africa, and East Africa, essentially delineating the region popularly known as the Middle East and associated with speakers of Semitic languages. The distribution of J1 outside of the Middle East may be associated with Arabs and Phoenicians who traded and conquered in Sicily, southern Italy, Spain, Azerbaijan, Turkey, and Pakistan, or with Jews, who have historical origins in the Middle East and speak (or historically spoke) a Semitic language, though typically Haplogroup J2 is more than twice as common among Jews. In Jewish populations overall, J1 constitutes 19.0% of the Ashkenazim results and 11.9% of the Sephardic results (Semino et al. 2004)(Behar et al. 2004). Haplogroup J1 with marker DYS388=13 is a distinctive type found in eastern Anatolia (Cinnioglu et al. 2004).

For more info
http://familypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Haplogroup_J_28Y-DNA

The emergence of Y-chromosome haplogroup J1e among Arabic-speaking populations

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2987219/

Y-chromosomal Aaron
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Aaron

Anyway here is some talk about here.
Maybe mike could join and have more fun. [Big Grin]

Which Arabs are the REAL true Arabs?

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/40004-Which-Arabs-are-the-REAL-true-Arabs

Thread: Definition of Haplogroup J1

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/26703-Definition-of-Haplogroup-J1

Bye. [Cool]

Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:

Himyarite

Bronze statue of Dhamar Ali Yahbur.
"King of Sabat"
(Himyarite Kingdom) late 3rd-early 4th century AD)
 -

Sabaean
 -

Yemen, Sabaean bronze head of a youth, 2nd Century AD
sanctuary of Madrah at Ghayman
 -

-

British Museum -(detail) Calcite statue of a seated woman
 -

Qataban coin, South Arabia, Unknown Ruler, Late 2nd - 1st Century B.C.
 -

-

Posting uncolored portraits cannot tell us whether the people are black or not. They may give indication as to other physical features but not color.

Of course you know damn well that there are blacks not only in Arabia but in Africa who share those same features-- both facial features and hair texture. Also, both ancient 'Classical' authors and recent Western explorers have described the Himyaritic peoples as black. So whatever white-wash point you are trying to make is moot.

Posts: 26237 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firewall:

-

-

-

-

Firewall thinks those people are Arabs!

Yet there are those who fault me for calling them Mutts, Mulattoes, and such. Really, how could anyone take these fools seriously?

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
quote:
Himyarite

"King of Sabat"
 -

Where is this bust located?
Lioness failed to answer:

That means that I symbolically did this to Lioness:

-

I did say "symbolically".

Wouldn't touch that.

But perhaps that will teach her to stay out of it when I an correcting one of the Mutts.

Next: Uncle Mikes class # 2 on how to spot an Albino fake.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Himyarite

"King of Sabat"
 -

Sabaean
 -

-

-

British Museum -(detail) Calcite statue of a seated woman
 -

-

-

LYING _SS - I have said again and again that the non-Arab people known as Sassanids and Parthians were mixing with Yemenites in the early centuries AD. Nevertheless the Arabs and the Sassanid Iranians were two separate people and the Himyarites are mainly still a black people represented by the Mahra bin Haidan of the Quda'a branch of the Himyarites.

Sorry for the inconvenience! [Wink]

BTW all but two of these statues look like the Abyssinians. So what was your point. The Arabs TRIBES i.e inhabitants of Bilad es-Sudan (Nejd, Hijaz and Yemen) were still black.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

"King of Sabat"
 -

-

blacks not only in Arabia but in Africa who share those same features-- both facial features and hair texture.

quote:
Funny thing lioness; I went to the museum site and searched for Dhamar Ali Yahbur, it came back with "0" results, HOW COULD THAT BE????

He,he,he,he,he:

As far as I know the National Museum of Yemen doesn't have a website not even one in arabic, go ahead , try to prove the lioness wrong

But Mike, Djehuti says the above could be straight haired blacks so why are you giving me a hard time?

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nabataeans were true arabs.

So the they were not black,of course you may have had some arabized blacks in this civilization.

The meaning true arab MEANS invaders.The Qahtan were the early white invaders of southern arabia.These are whites that became known has arab first,that's why they are called true arabs.
Some of the blacks came into this group these arabian nativees became apart of the the true arabs.
Any black in this group were the first that became arabized.
This groups conqured or arabized the northern white invaders of arabia called Adnanite .

Qahtan and Adnanite are the white invaders of arabia and the former was the first to try steal or hook thier history to southern arabia/or yemen.

Yes it could be confusing and hard to take for some,but this looks like the case from what i interpreted.

Qahtan: thin face and slender body and of medium height

Here's photos

Semitic ( Adnan )
 -

-

Semitic ( Qahtan )
 -

ABSOLUTELY NOT. [Wink] All Qahtan - Azd Himyarite and all Adnan people were described as black as late as the 10th century. Including these descendants of the one black Anaeza who have absorbed white Georgian and Circassian women concubines. [Wink]

The present ruling class wasn't called ibn SAUD for nothing. [Roll Eyes]

Don't forget even Tabari refers to Shem as black.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

"King of Sabat"
 -

-

blacks not only in Arabia but in Africa who share those same features-- both facial features and hair texture.

quote:
Funny thing lioness; I went to the museum site and searched for Dhamar Ali Yahbur, it came back with "0" results, HOW COULD THAT BE????

He,he,he,he,he:

As far as I know the National Museum of Yemen doesn't have a website not even one in arabic, go ahead , try to prove the lioness wrong

But Mike, Djehuti says the above could be straight haired blacks so why are you giving me a hard time?

He is correct they could be blacks i.e Himyarites who mixed with whites. What does that have to do with the fact that the Himyarites are still black. And yes some of the Mahra have wavy and curly hair.

Sorry for the inconvenience. [Wink]

BTW - I asked FIREWALL to name me an Arab tribe that wasn't originally called black. The offer is for you too. If MIKE giving you a hard time - you are just WASTING OURS. [Big Grin]

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Oh,last thing.

I did read any news replies here except lioness.
Don't bother replying mike,i have not seen your recent replies except maybe the word stupid by accident when i was heading toward lioness reply,but that could have been a old reply,who knows.
I am not going back to find out.

To correct something else in the past post.
The real Arabs do belong to the haplogroup J,so i disagree with that they do not,but they belong to the later subclades,just like the white hebrews/jews.
Some blacks could belong to J just like some whites,but like i said before it depend on the J dna we are talking about.

Of course the original J IS BLACK IN ORIGIN AND IT'S SUBCLADE IT SEEMS IF YOU LOOK AT THE DATE OF ORIGIN AND ORIGIN OF AREA IT CAME FROM ,BUT LATER J1 AND IT'S SUBCLADES?NO,NO.

They are white in origin.

So the comment FROM realhistory from the guy/gal does agree with dana,but i disagree with both.

There are some confusion about arabs and hebrews and overtime i sort it out to the point that it is much more clear now to me,but mike and those of his views or of that ilk take advantage of those that have not sort it out or still maybe confused.

He knows that the real hebrews and arabs were not black.

Now a correction from another post of mine.

I MEANT to SAY that the arabs origin is from northern arabia,not central arabia.

This give even more of a idea that they are not true natives of arabia at all,and these white invaders came from outside the area right mike?
Right stupid.

Happy reading mike. [Smile]

Arabs
Identity
The early Arabs were the tribes of Northern Arabia speaking proto Arabic dialects. Although since early days other people became Arabs through an Arabization process that could mean intermarriage with Arabs, adopting the Arabic language and culture, or both. For example, the Ghassanids and the Lakhmids which originated from Southern Semitic speaking Yemen made a major contribution in the creation of the Arabic language. The same process happened all over the Arab world after the spread of Islam by the mixing of Arabs with several other peoples. The Arab cultures went through a mixing process. Therefore every Arab country has cultural specificities which constitute a cultural mix which also originate in local novelties achieved after the arabization took place. However, all Arab countries do also share a common culture in most Aspects: Arts (music, literature, poetry, calligraphy...), Cultural products (Handicrafts, carpets, henne, bronze carving...), Social behaviour and relations (Hospitality, codes of conduct among friends and family...), Customs and superstitions, Some dishes (Shorba, Mloukhia), Traditional clothing, Architecture...

Zakar-Baal

quote-
Half-right, like I said, Arabic didn't come from Yemen, it came from further north. Thus the original Arabs were not from Yemen. But Saudis aren't Arabised Yemenites, Saudis are the people that spread the language into the peninsula. Before Yemenites spoke Arabic they spoke a southern Semitic language.

The real arabs.

Azamat

quote-
Since when has "Arab" denoted a specific ethnicity, not to mention a racially distinctive group? Maghrebi 'Arabs' look substantially different from Peninsular Arabs, who in turn look different from Levantine Arabs also. Each represent a different racial stock, descended from different populations.

I think that princess Ameerah al-Taweel of Saudi Arabia is attractive, and being a Saudi she is probably one of the "purer" Arabs out there.

-

The Arab marker IS J-P58,THE WHITE ARABS ARE THE TRUE ARABS.

quote-
Haplogroup J is defined by a DNA marker known as M304. Everyone who carries the M304 marker today descends from a common paternal ancestor who lived roughly 30,000 years ago in the Middle East. Members of haplogroup J-M304 are found throughout Eurasia, the Middle East, and North Africa. Haplogroup J diverges into two main subhaplogroups, J1-M267 and J2-M172, with J1-M267 typical of eastern African and Arabian groups and J2-M172 more dominant in southern European and southwest Asian (Indian) populations.

Y-chromosomal Aaron
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Aaron

Anyway here is some talk about here.
Maybe mike could join and have more fun. [Big Grin]

Which Arabs are the REAL true Arabs?

Bye. [Cool]

In the 7th century a Maddhij leader said according to Ibn Abd Rabbihu in the Unique Necklace a fair-skinned Arab is "inconceivable' or "unthinkable".

Thus, your definition differs from that of the early Arabs.

I wonder why? [Big Grin]

Nobody has ever said that Arabs didn't mix with other people FIREWALL so what is your point. You mention the Ghassan and Lakhmid who like their Azd ancestors are described as blacks in meidieval texts.

UR NOT GETTING IT! Arab -speakers of Syrian -J1 and the black populations called Arabs by these Syrians are not the same people. Just look at early the Syrian Arabic historians who tell us so, that fair skinned among SArabs was attributed TO SLAVE ORIGIN. [Smile]

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
FIREWALL -- there are no "WHITE Arabs" only WHITE ARAB-speakers. [Smile]

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Firewall:
[qb] Oh,last thing.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
FIREWALL- What you are not understanding is that ARAB in reality is a nationality today. However you have posted various people and have not informed of what Arab population they are derived from and that is because you do not know anything about Arabs other than those people who just speak Arabic and wear Syrian garb. You do not know, nor do you CARE about the heritage and origins of the original ethnic Arab peoples and their conquest of Syria, Iraq, North Africa and other places.

That is why you and others keep referring to genetics as if that is going to modify the origin of these BLACk peoples who were called Arab for centuries before and after Islam.

-

Were there ever a black people called Banu Kinaniyya or Canaanites, Firewall?

Or was that just from the imagination of "white Syrians".

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
The Phoenicians or Fanikha were described as black and were the same thing as the Amalekites, Firewall. Josephus calls the latter "the Phoenician Shepherds".

Thus the Amalik, A'd or Azd and Phoenicians were the same tall black peoples of Jordan and Hijaz also known as Philistines "remnants of the Anakim of Canaan (Banu Akk (Og) of Wadi Kanawnah of Saudi Arabia.

-
Philistine

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look at some of the Yemeni people
applying the terms "black' or "white" seems
unecessary and unscientific.

The term "true negro" is often
shot down on Egyptsearch.
Then someone comes in with "true arab"
and it's taken as a legit question.

Also, people who are brown are not
necessarily the product of ancestry
involving a light skinned European/Asian
and an African, not necessarily of so called
"mixed" ancestry
As people settled North of the African
continent some stayed in locations
the were not that far North,
not getting so much sun but also
not so little as someone form up North
therfore they would have a middle skin tone.
So even though they might have a
similar skin tone to a "mixed" peson
or "mulatto" they are not one and are
in fact more numerous than the people who are.

-
Ali Abdullah Saleh, was President of Yemen for nearly 33 years
was President of Yemen from 1990 to 2012.
Saleh previously served as
President of North Yemen from 1978 until unification with South Yemen in 1990.

-

-
 -

-
Alaa Jarban: One of Yemen's first openly gay men

-

-
 -

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
The Phoenicians or Fanikha were described as black and were the same thing as the Amalekites, Firewall. Josephus calls the latter "the Phoenician Shepherds".

Thus the Amalik, A'd or Azd and Phoenicians were the same tall black peoples of Jordan and Hijaz also known as Philistines "remnants of the Anakim of Canaan (Banu Akk (Og) of Wadi Kanawnah of Saudi Arabia.

-
Philistine

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Picture spamming modern day Middle Easterners of varied pigmentation and origin isn't going to change what the ancient and most medieval Arabs descendants of the real children of Shem and Noah looked like.

-
"Banu Yafi'i" bin Chesed (Khasdim) of ancient Sabaean Yemen and the hebrew Bible and book of Jubilees.

Yemen was the "India Minor" and Abyssinia was "Middle India" of the ancient world until medieval times (even Marco Polo writes of it). like Arabia in general - both were part of the "Ethiopia" of the ancient world. [Smile]

Need proof visit www.afroasiatics.blogspot.com

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

"King of Sabat"
 -

-

quote:

He,he,he,he,he:

He is correct they could be blacks i.e Himyarites who mixed with whites. What does that have to do with the fact that the Himyarites are still black. And yes some of the Mahra have wavy and curly hair.

He didn't say "mixed with whites"
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
OK how about mixed with "fair-skinned Eurasiatic people." in any case most Afro-Asiatics i.e. "hamitic" people of the ancient world having rither lived and/or traded since mesolithic times in and with various parts of Asia have been absorbing non-woolly haired non-African types.

Get it. Fulani included! They still use cattle only found in India today.

- Black Anatolia (Turkey) pre Bronze Age

I'm sorry you can't stomach that.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Picture spamming modern day Middle Easterners of varied pigmentation and origin isn't going to change what the ancient and most medieval Arabs descendants of the real children of Shem and Noah looked like.

-
"Banu Yafi'i" bin Chesed (Khasdim) of ancient Sabaean Yemen and the hebrew Bible and book of Jubilees.

Yemen was the "India Minor" and Abyssinia was Middle India of the ancient world until medieval times (even Marco Polo writes of it). like Arabia in general both were part of the "Ethiopia" of the ancient world. [Smile]

You seem to have a religious orientation in this comment.

Looking at the person on the far right the photo above, I had posted a man on page one who is possibly the same person in a slightly different pose

Here it is again
 -

And your comment after my post was:

quote:
Looks like you can only repost pictures of mixed arabs, Lank hair as we remember according to Arabs is a trait of non Arabs and most of the people you post regardless of how dark they are are mixed people. Really gets boring after a while although they are purer Arabs then the folks you normally post.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

-

Yemen was the "India Minor" and Abyssinia was Middle India of the ancient world until medieval times (even Marco Polo writes of it). like Arabia in general both were part of the "Ethiopia" of the ancient world. [Smile]

You seem to have a religious orientation in this comment.

Nope I don't care about religion that comment is for those who would like to believe Ham Shem and Japhet represented different peoples of the world.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
on second thought it it very well may be the same person which would mean that one of these photos is not presenting the real complexion of this person. Now wouldn't iT?!
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
That's why I prefer to see people in their true colors.

-
Like this modern Banu Kinana boy in the Syrian Levantese Jericho - as opposed to the original Yemenite one mentioned in the old Testament - who came from the Hijaz to the region probably in early Islamic or Christian times.

Feel free to let me know which Arab tribe wasn't called black in the ancient world. You have all eternity to let me know. [Wink]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
[qb]

-

Indigenous Arab Shammar OF ARABIA in their Arab dress

- Arabized Shammar OF ARABIA in their Syrian dress

Wow! Two worlds of people a WORLD apart. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass,:

Of course the figures whom you posted don't have hair that is exactly "straight" but curly and wavy, which again is not atypical among Africans next door, so don't twist my words lying twit.

By the way, neither did I say all of the portraits necessarily depict blacks either. Some of those portraits come from the 1st millennium A.D. so who's to say. My point is you can't just assume what color they are because they are NOT depicted in color, you dummy!

quote:
He didn't say "mixed with whites"
No, I didn't say they were mixed or whether they were either black or white. My point is not to jump to conclusions on their coloring based on their features which is something your lyinass is guilty of all the time, except you are more slick about it where instead of saying anything, you simply post pictures of folks who don't resemble the "true negroid" look and expect folks to agree that this somehow means they were not black. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26237 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get what's the big deal and obsession about Arabs???? They are looked down upon by Indians, Persians, Turks and even Horners...

Who cares about them.

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ LOL Yes, it's funny you should mention that. [Big Grin]

There seems to be a love-hate relationship between Arabs and the various peoples you mentioned. The reason being is that all those regions with more "sophisticated" civilizations are still resentful about being conquered by the more "barbaric" Arabs, yet many especially the Muslims among the peoples of those regions still feel indebted for bringing Islam as well as other political and cultural changes which they favor today.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Who cares about who looks down on Syrians and Arabs? I personally care about history. I guess that is why most of the non-trolls are here. Or at least I had thought so.

Funny you should be talking about who is looked down upon SON. I think you forgot some people. [Smile]

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ LOL Yes, it's funny you should mention that.

Seriously I can never understand why on ES there is so many threads about them. Somalis hate them. Hausa people hate them. Berber people hate them(A LOT!). Indians hate them. Persians hate them. Kurds hate them. Turks hate them. Jews hate them. Ethiopians hate them. Swahilis hate them. Pakistanis hate them.

Seriously why are there people on here trying to claim them? What have Arabs done or contributed to? The answer is nothing...

I just don't get it...I thought black people would be ashamed if Arabs were black. I'm not trying to be racist.

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
 -
Modern Tihama - ARABIA

Whose them, Son. And whose trying to claim THEM. Somalis and indigenous Arabs though they are black are not Americans and I don't see anyone trying to claim them. Unless you are projecting something! [Wink]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

Ibn Saud
King Abdulaziz (1876– 1953) the first monarch of Saudi Arabia, the third Saudi State.

As a young man Ibn Saud
King Abdulaziz
 -

Ibn Saud, King Abdulaziz, photo 1911 (age 35)
at left, with other male members of his family
 -

Ibn Saud, King Abdulaziz, photo 1927 (age 51)
 -

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:

Ibn Saud
King Abdulaziz (1876– 1953) the first monarch of Saudi Arabia, the third Saudi State.

As a young man Ibn Saud
King Abdulaziz
 -

Ibn Saud, King Abdulaziz, photo 1911 (age 35)
at left, with other male members of his family
 -

Ibn Saud, King Abdulaziz, photo 1927 (age 51)  -

Yes LYING_SS - we already know or you have already been told the Anaeaza who come originally from the Bakr bin Wail mixed with the Syrians.

So what is your point? [Roll Eyes]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[Yes LYING_SS - we already know or you have already been told the Anaeaza who come originally from the Bakr bin Wail mixed with the Syrians.

So what is your point? [Roll Eyes] [/QB]

my point is you are a fucking smelly bitch
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
Who cares about who looks down on Syrians and Arabs? I personally care about history. I guess that is why most of the non-trolls are here. Or at least I had thought so.

Funny you should be talking about who is looked down upon SON. I think you forgot some people. [Smile]

Actually Dana...I may have some Middle Eastern/Arab in my family. [Smile]

I have some family members that I don't know of who live in Dubai. Most of my family members(on my mothers side) I know of live in the states and little in Trinidad. Again I may have SOME Arabs in my family. MAY...On my mothers side.

But I don't know much of my Indian side. That side is completely in the dark.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Son of Ra:
quote:

Seriously I can never understand why on ES there is so many threads about them. Somalis hate them. Hausa people hate them. Berber people hate them(A LOT!). Indians hate them. Persians hate them. Kurds hate them. Turks hate them. Jews hate them. Ethiopians hate them. Swahilis hate them. Pakistanis hate them.

Why would any black person be ashamed of other black people? I just don't get it.

This same sentence can be applied to African Americans too. You forgot "white Nubians" hate them too. So I sure hope you ARE NOT being "racist" - like you say! [Smile]

BTW - I still would like to find out who "them" is? Since you claim people here are claiming them.

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
 -
Modern Tihama - ARABIA

Whose them, Son. And whose trying to claim THEM. Somalis and indigenous Arabs though they are black are not Americans and I don't see anyone trying to claim them. Unless you are projecting something! [Wink]

Sorry if I said claim. But why so much analyzing on a group who cares very little about black people?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by the lyinass,:

-
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why would any black person be ashamed of other black people? I just don't get it.

This same sentence can be applied to African Americans too. You forgot "white Nubians" hate them too. So I sure hope you ARE NOT being "racist" - like you say! [Smile]

BTW - I still would like to find out who "them" is? Since you claim people here are claiming them.

You mean why would Arabs be ashamed of other black people? Or African Americans?
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[Yes LYING_SS - we already know or you have already been told the Anaeaza who come originally from the Bakr bin Wail mixed with the Syrians.

So what is your point? [Roll Eyes]

my point is you are a fucking bitch [/QB]
Boohoo! That was uncalled for LYING _SS you deliberately hurt my feelings/Boohoooo. [Frown]
 - Oh good heavens LYING _SS is that the way they talk in Sweden? I had no idea. [Big Grin]

BTW - I like your hairstyle. Is that your true color or was it dyed?

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You mean why would Arabs be ashamed of other black people? Or African Americans?
How would you know have you ever seen a real Arab or are you just talking about the Arabized people like Her Neanderdumbness above. [Smile]
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Hey Dana do these Tamils look black to you? I think some could pass for African Americans or horner. [Wink]

-
 -
 -

I believe Indians especially Southern Indians(Tamils/Dravidians) are descendants of early cushite type people.

I think Southern Indians got their features like straight hair and dark skin from them.

I think the early Iranians may have looked like these Sir Lankans.
 -

These are just my opinions... [Smile]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

notice the religious agenda
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How would you know have you ever seen a real Arab or are you just talking about the Arabized people like Her Neanderdumbness above. [Smile]
Yes I've seen Arabs before. I may actually have some in my family that I do not know of...
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Actually Dana...I may have some Middle Eastern/Arab in my family. [Smile]

I have some family members that I don't know of who live in Dubai. Most of my family members(on my mothers side) I know of live in the states and little in Trinidad. Again I may have SOME Arabs in my family. MAY...On my mothers side.

But I don't know much of my Indian side. That side is completely in the dark.

Son - I don't have A SHRED of Middle Eastern in my blood.

BTW - all early Arabs were black. I am sorry for the inconvenience. [Wink]

-
And Tigers were from India.

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
@Dana

Ma'am what is the date of that painting(badass Tiger btw)?

And if the early Arabs were African...Then why is the dominant Y-DNA in Arabian males Haplogroup J?

Ma'am...You must define black. African black or Asian black? There are blacks in Asia who look more African than some Africans but are distant from Africans like this Aeta man.
 -

You may be right. The early Arabians could have been black by todays definitions. But were they related to Africans? Can you prove they were?

Pictures are not going to really tell us anything.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Hey Dana do these Tamils look black to you?

[Smile]

Nope! They look like Dominicans or more like what they are - people of INDIA.
And that response is coming from someone who IS relatively recently descended in part from people northern India. [Big Grin]

That doesn't mean they aren't in part descended from black Africans like the original Tamil AND ARAB and AFRICAN AMERICAN.

-
BTW - this lesser modified Tamil girl DOES look black to me. Just like the lesser modified Arabs.

Hope that helps. [Wink]

HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
@Dana

Really???

I thought at least this one!!!
 -

What Northern Indian ethnic group are you? May I ask...My mothers side is Tamil descent. They're recent migrates to Trinidad.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
By the way - there is a Tamil national television host here in the US that I did think was black American for the longest time or else a "horner".

I don't know if you know of the Fox (Fixed) news host Uma Pumaraju.

-

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
By the way - there is a Tamil national television host here in the US that I did think was black American for the longest time or else a "horner".

I don't know if you know of the Fox (Fixed) news host Uma Pumaraju.

-

I know of her.
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com