EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What is a true "Arab" ? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: What is a true "Arab" ?
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These Muslim Arab men look like they're planning something. [Big Grin]

-

Meanwhile these Muslim Fulanis look so innocent and peaceful.
 -

I have to say...Out of all Muslims. Muslim West Africans seem like the most peaceful. [Smile]

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Son of Ra:
@Dana

Really???

I thought at least this one!!!
 -

What Northern Indian ethnic group are you? May I ask...My mothers side is Tamil descent. They're recent migrates to Trinidad.

I don't know for sure since they apparently came around the turn of the 19th century. Although I do have photos that show my dad's uncles looking exactly like the Multani or Lobhana Jatts that own a lot of the gas stations where I live. They were very tall and handsone I might add.

On the other hand whomever came over obviously had Austric background and possibly some Hazara judging from my great grandmother and her sister's photos- they weren't exactly lookers and was very archaic looking at least to me. (Maybe I shouldn't say that.)

But anyway my grandmother and another of her uncle told me her Indian ancestors came from northwest India before it became Pakistan I guess or Punjab and that they were brought to South Africa as indentured before they arrived here stopping in England on the way. I guess they were among the first "Desis" in the U.S.

I was also told on my dad's father's side that there were also some people brought from the Caribbean as well very black but with straightish hair. I have a feeling they may have also have had some east Indian in them. I just heard about that line though recently. if I have any Dravidian or southern Indians ancestry it would be from that side.

As for that picture. I would say today it is less common for African Americans to look like that. Most of the Africans Americans you do see today like that are usually part Dominican or Hispanic. But I do see what your saying.

And definitely I do see a lot of Ethiopians that look Tamil and look at Susheela Raman. She is Dravidian and looks definitely Ethiopian. But i would say there are a lot more Ethiopians and Somali that look Indian rather than Indians looking like African Americans.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
quote:
@Dana

Really???

-

What Northern Indian ethnic group are you? May I ask...My mothers side is Tamil descent. They're recent migrates to Trinidad.

I don't know for sure since they apparently came around the turn of the 19th century. Although I do have photos that show my dad's uncles looking exactly like the Multani or Lobhana Jatts that own a lot of the gas stations where I live. They were very tall and handsone I might add.

On the other hand whomever came over obviously had Austric background and possibly some Hazara judging from my great grandmother and her sister's photos- they weren't exactly lookers and was very archaic looking at least to me. (Maybe I shouldn't say that.)

But anyway my grandmother and another of her uncle told me her Indian ancestors came from northwest India before it became Pakistan I guess or Punjab and that they were brought to South Africa as indentured before they arrived here stopping in England on the way. I guess they were among the first "Desis" in the U.S.

I was also told on my dad's father's side that there were also some people brought from the Caribbean as well very black but with straightish hair. I have a feeling they may have also have had some east Indian in them. I just heard about that line though recently. if I have any Dravidian or southern Indians ancestry it would be from that side.

Interesting...Most of my family moved from southern India to Trinidad. My mothers side is of Tamil descent, but both her and I don't know much about that side.

Some Southern Indians like Tamils were brought to the Caribbean. So Dravidian people too.

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
She definitely could fit in the Abyssinian category. NO?

I think they found out there are more East Indians listed in colonial records too then there were Native Americans. So that probably indicates that many south Indians were absorbed into the American populace beginning from at least the 1600s.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:

-

Meanwhile these Muslim Fulanis look so innocent and peaceful.
 -

I have to say...Out of all Muslims. Muslim West Africans seem like the most peaceful. [Smile]

lol!This seems like big stereotyping, Son. In reality I don't make fun Arabs or really any people as an adult. Besides my son looks kind of Syrian so he has been mistaken for Middle Eastern at times.
Do you know I hear a lot of people making fun of East Indians too and I don't like it truthfully.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
BTW - don't be fooled. Fulani were known not long ago as the most warlike people in Africa. At least that's what the colonialists said. [Smile]

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
@Dana

I know people make fun of East Indians and some times I use to get called terrorist in high school due to being mixed with Indian. Its just that I'm a really immature person. [Big Grin]

That picture really does look like they're planning something.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
And don't they still practice Sharia in Hausa Fulani land? i think so. I guess they're peaceful for a reason.lol!

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
BTW - don't be fooled. Fulani were known not long ago as the most warlike people in Africa. At least that's what the colonialists said. [Smile]

I can't believe it. They look so innocent. [Big Grin]
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
@Dana

I know people make fun of East Indians and some times I use to get called terrorist in high school due to being mixed with Indian. Its just that I'm a really immature person. [Big Grin]

I think everyone is pretty immature on this site. lol! Especially me. I blame Zahi Hawass though. I think I get it from being around him in his lab. Now I can't help it sometimes, safe to say. [Wink]
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
@Dana

I think everyone is pretty immature on this site. lol! Especially me. I blame Zahi Hawass though. I think I get it from being around him. Now I can't help it sometimes, safe to say. [Wink]
You use to hang around Zahi Hawass??? [Eek!]
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:

Anyway, to be serious I am sure they are just planning on how to teach their wives how to drive,- nothing special.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
@Dana

I think everyone is pretty immature on this site. lol! Especially me. I blame Zahi Hawass though. I think I get it from being around him. Now I can't help it sometimes, safe to say. [Wink]
Yeah - he was a friend for a while but I used to help him translate French texts when he lived in the US and was getting his advanced degree at U of Penn. He was fun to be around though - even if he did make some embarrassing jokes about black Africans. Its a long story that I don't have time to get into.
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
@Dana

Yeah - he was a friend for a while but I used to help him translate French texts when he lived in the US and was getting his advanced degree at U of Penn. He was fun to be around though - even if he did make some embarrassing jokes about black Africans. Its a long story that I don't have time to get into.
Wow...Just wow!

I notice people here on ES have connections to important people. SOme of these people being S.O.Y Keita.

Interesting.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
@Dana

Wow...Just wow!

I notice people here on ES have connections to important people. SOme of these people being S.O.Y Keita.

Interesting.

lol! I used to talk to Keita when I was still at the University of Chicago some years ago. I sent him a bibliography about the hmaitic theory and used to argue with him about the northern Egyptian populations being black. At the time I think he was convinced narrow nose equalled non-black African because of his mentors, but I'm pretty sure he's come to modify a lot of his views now. He is one of the true black American scholars that one can rely on when it comes to African population biology. Along with Kittles and this guy Explorer whoever he is. Explorer may be white for all I know.

I also met Gamal Moktar through him God rest his soul - who unlike Zahi wasn't a bigot or prejudiced against black things and was pretty openminded - although he looked more Turkish then Zahi did. [Wink]

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
@Dana

I thought Keita always thought Egypt as a whole was African. But yes he is a good scholar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpfkp4ZWm4U

You seem to be well versed on the Moors and Berbers. Your post about the Moors were good. I don't know much about the Moors and I usually avoid debating about them, because to me their origins seem to complex compared to the Ancient Egyptians.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@Dana

Really???

-

The girl is of course a mulatto.
Dravidian/Tamil girls look like this:

-

Mulattoes are particularly annoying and difficult, because they refuse to understand and acknowledge that they are NOT the "original" people. At best they are "Part" original people.
Interestingly, they have no compunction about denigrating their Black side, which WAS the original people.

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

Mulattoes are particularly annoying and difficult, because they refuse to understand and acknowledge that they are NOT the "original" people. At best they are "Part" original people.
Interestingly, they have no compunction about denigrating their Black side, which WAS the original people.

- [/QB]

Mike I made a thread about the above article, you made the below comment about this article
-but now you are using it to make some kind of point ???
Where is your apology to me now that you're using this?

quote:
^Congratulations Albinos, you have made your mulattoes just as measly-mouthed and stupid as yourselves. Doing studies to tell you what just looking around would means that the money must be flowing.

Posts: 42938 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
@Dana

I thought Keita always thought Egypt as a whole was African. But yes he is a good scholar.

You seem to be well versed on the Moors and Berbers. Your post about the Moors were good. I don't know much about the Moors and I usually avoid debating about them, because to me their origins seem to complex compared to the Ancient Egyptians.

I know a lot about the Moors and Arabs because I researched them writing some articles for Dr. Van Sertima's Journal of African civilization. I remember pleading with him about putting out something on the Moors. i knew he was interested in the subject matter because he used to teach a course at Rutgers where he was mentioningg some things about it. That's how I know that the skeletons of the early Arabs or Arabians and rock art were up until the Bronze age very similar to those found in the Nile Valley and the Sahara. Unfortunately a lot of that material on the Arabians and ancient Asia was taken out by the co-editor who then proceeded to plagiarize some of what I wrote and put it in his own article. (Which I will unfortunately be angry at for the next few lifetimes - knowing me.)
Most of that research was done for a thesis at the University of Chicago and under the counsel of the head of the American Anthropological at the time, Dr. Jane Buikstra. I had also learned something of the Upper Nile valley through independent study there with Bruce Williams who had looked into Ta Seti. I have conversed and met with many people involved in this subject so i know something about what I am speaking of although I may like to joke.

That is why believe me when i say genetics is irrelevent when you don't know the historical movements that have gone on I'm just speaking from the point of view other specializations that are equally as important. one thing is certain if the ancient Arabs were NOT black than NEITHER WERE were the Ethiopians and ancient Egyptians and Saharans who were identical populations on both sides of the Red Sea. That is a major reason why I write about it.
People have to understand Arabia, east Africa and even regions further north and east were at one time populated by related peoples. At no time will genetics ever be able to rule this out unless dna from those ancient peoples or their skeletons is analyzed.
Posting haplotype studies and pictures of modern people who are Arabs only by nationality, language or because they have just some mild amount of ancestry from these ancient groups does not address the issue of who ancient Arabians i.e. the Sabaeans and their later black descendants in the Muslim period the non-Syrian Arabs i.e."Moorish Arabs" were related to.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

-

[/QB][/QUOTE]
That word Middle Easterner in the article is rather vague. Hmmm... I wonder what they could possibly mean.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What do you mean by recent?

Trinidad
Wiki

Spanish rule over the island, which nominally began in 1498, ended when the final Spanish Royal Governor, Don José Maria Chacón surrendered the island to a British fleet of 18 warships under the command of Sir Ralph Abercromby on 18 February 1797.

In August, 1816, seven hundred former Black slaves from the US South, who had escaped to the British lines during the War of 1812 and been recruited into the Royal Marines, were rewarded for their service to the British Crown during the war by being granted land on Trinidad and Tobago. These ex-marines reportedly organised themselves in villages along the lines of the military companies in which they had fought.

To deal with the problem of "shortage of labor", Trinidad and Tobago planters compensated for the loss of their slaves by importing workers from the 1830s until 1917. Initially, Chinese, free West Africans, and Portuguese from the island of Madeira were imported. They were replaced by indentured servants from India who arrived on 30 May 1845. In addition, large numbers of ex-slaves migrated from the Lesser Antilles to Trinidad and Tobago.

Sparrow seems to have developed a taste for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNED-tP-URA

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"black"

"white"

terms that have no scientific value

Posts: 42938 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
The 20th century is pretty recent, Michael and some were coming in as late as the mid-20th - i know that.

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Son Of Ra I have met many Sri Lankans they do in fact self Id as Blacks although non claimed to be African, Africans and their descendants do not have a monopoly on the term Black as self identification ancient or modern.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
That word Middle Easterner in the article is rather vague. Hmmm... I wonder what they could possibly mean.

I don't see the confusion:

The Aryans were Central Asians, Modern Europeans are Central Asians, modern middle easterners are Central Asian (mostly Turkic) and native peoples Mulattoes. The line is consistent.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
"black"

"white"

But we do know that negro and sub-Saharan has scientific value for you and other Neanderdumbs and for that matter Howell and some other "scholars", just as "albino" has scientific value for Michael. [Big Grin]
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I don't see the confusion:

The Aryans were Central Asians, Modern Europeans are Central Asians, modern middle easterners are Central Asian (mostly Turkic) and native peoples Mulattoes. The line is consistent.

And therein lies the resolution mulatto. Which in my mind means various combinations of Eurasian and Afro-Asiatic, i.e. the Middleasterner.

Glad you agree. [Wink]

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
"black"

"white"

Go away!

That sounds so stupid,

500 years of history, mostly bad, and assholes like this idiot want to make like it never happened.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
"black"

"white"

Go away!

That sounds so stupid,

500 years of history, mostly bad, and assholes like this idiot want to make like it never happened.

what are you referring to about 500 years?
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Son Of Ra I have met many Sri Lankans they do in fact self Id as Blacks although non claimed to be African, Africans and their descendants do not have a monopoly on the term Black as self identification ancient or modern.

Personally I do know and it is obvious that millions of Tamil people living in Asia have claimed and do claim to have remote African origins and strong African connections especially the ones that follow the Tamil tigers. All you have to do is look at some of the early Tamil and revolutionary writings. And, half the time they were not even the dark skinned ones.

That is why Runoko Rashidi became so popular there. [Wink]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Mike I'm still waiting for that imaginary National Museum of Yemen website you visited
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana Marniche
quote:
Personally I do know and it is obvious that millions of Tamil people living in Asia have claimed and do claim to have remote African origins and strong African connections especially the ones that follow the Tamil tigers. All you have to do is look at some of the early Tamil and revolutionary writings. And, half the time they were not even the dark skinned ones. That is why Runoko Rashidi became so popular there. [Wink]
Was that a long held belief that they were in fact Africans or is it a modern political move to link-up with Western blacks..meaning from their geographical POV Blacks of Africa and the Americas
Btw I do know of African migrants to South East Asia but that's not who were are speaking about.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
@Dana

I know a lot about the Moors and Arabs because I researched them writing some articles for Dr. Van Sertima's Journal of African civilization. I remember pleading with him about putting out something on the Moors. i knew he was interested in the subject matter because he used to teach a course at Rutgers where he was mentioningg some things about it. That's how I know that the skeletons of the early Arabs or Arabians and rock art were up until the Bronze age very similar to those found in the Nile Valley and the Sahara. Unfortunately a lot of that material on the Arabians and ancient Asia was taken out by the co-editor who then proceeded to plagiarize some of what I wrote and put it in his own article. (Which I will unfortunately be angry at for the next few lifetimes - knowing me.)
Most of that research was done for a thesis at the University of Chicago and under the counsel of the head of the American Anthropological at the time, Dr. Jane Buikstra. I had also learned something of the Upper Nile valley through independent study there with Bruce Williams who had looked into Ta Seti. I have conversed and met with many people involved in this subject so i know something about what I am speaking of although I may like to joke.

That is why believe me when i say genetics is irrelevent when you don't know the historical movements that have gone on I'm just speaking from the point of view other specializations that are equally as important. one thing is certain if the ancient Arabs were NOT black than NEITHER WERE were the Ethiopians and ancient Egyptians and Saharans who were identical populations on both sides of the Red Sea. That is a major reason why I write about it.
People have to understand Arabia, east Africa and even regions further north and east were at one time populated by related peoples. At no time will genetics ever be able to rule this out unless dna from those ancient peoples or their skeletons is analyzed.
Posting haplotype studies and pictures of modern people who are Arabs only by nationality, language or because they have just some mild amount of ancestry from these ancient groups does not address the issue of who ancient Arabians i.e. the Sabaeans and their later black descendants in the Muslim period the non-Syrian Arabs i.e."Moorish Arabs" were related to.

Good post. And I agree. Genetics is not the only major factor when it comes to certain things. Physical remain, historic documentations,language, culture, migration,etc also plays a part.
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:

I agree 100% that black is NOT exclusive to Africans but other people like some Southern Indians, Negritos, Pacific Islanders,etc.
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Personally I do know and it is obvious that millions of Tamil people living in Asia have claimed and do claim to have remote African origins and strong African connections especially the ones that follow the Tamil tigers. All you have to do is look at some of the early Tamil and revolutionary writings. And, half the time they were not even the dark skinned ones.

Well Indians did have trade/connections with the Somalis, Ethiopians and Swahili's. But I am not sure about Tamils having African origins. Maybe coming into contact with Africans(Axumite, Somalis) early on?
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
@Dana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKAiVIJT448
And this is what I mean by how the use of genetic haplogroups is being distorted again by Neandernuts to write themselves into African amd in fact probably any civilized area of the ancient world.

Because a haplogroup is found in Tut that may have had connection to some ancient European haplotype showing he may or may not have had a white ancestry now the Viking is proven ancestor of pharaoh.

Just shows silliness and desperation of what's going on and has been going on for centuries in so-called Western science.

This Neanderdummy being interviewed is most certainly one of the LYIN __SSES relatives. I Guarantee it. [Big Grin] loL!

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
King Tut being R1b was already proven to be false.
http://www.livescience.com/15388-discovery-channel-tutankhamen-dna.html

Even if he was R1b it was not due to Europeans but Asian migration. R1b is found in both Europe and Africa due to migrating Asians. NOT EUROPEANS.

Didn't you see the DNAtribes results?

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Well Indians did have trade/connections with the Somalis, Ethiopians and Swahili's. But I am not sure about Tamils having African origins. Maybe coming into contact with Africans(Axumite, Somalis) early on?

Earth to Son of Ra:

Where do you think Dravidians/Tamils came from?

Look at a map:

Moving "Away" from Africa, these people are just "PAST" the Tamils.

-

Moving "Further Away" from Africa, these people are just "PAST" those that are past the Tamils.

-

Damn, what the hell do they teach these children in school?

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually I believe the present Dravidians were a mix of African Austric and Iranic people like most of today's Indians, except that their language and some of the people preserve the culture that must have been brought in by Africans. Although everyone ultimately hase come from Africa, African and Austric group have a different culture stratum and origin. Dravidians have many cultural elements that link them strongly to more recent Africans. This similarity also extends to linguistics.

There is physical or biological evidence also to show some of the settlers in the Indus were similar to Nilotic Egyptians and certain Nubian populations at Jebel Moya. Not all Indus people of course were African but some, like some of the Elamites were probably derived from the Afro-Arabians who in term had settled in Arabia from Africa.
There was at least one other group of likely AFrican origin probably similar to the Ubaid man that appears to have settled in mesolithic times in Asia including India. The same group settled in the Natufian culture.

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
@Mike111

^^^What the hell have they been letting you smoke? [Big Grin]

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually I believe the present Dravidians were a mix of African Austric and Iranic people like most of today's Indians, except that their language and some of the people preserve the culture that must have been brought in by Africans. African and Austric people have a different culture and origin. Dravidians have many cultural elements that link them strongly to Africans. This similarity also extends to linguistics.

There is physical or biological evidence also to show some of the settlers in the Indus were similar to Nilotic Egyptians and certain Nubian populations at Jebel Moya. Not all Indus people of course were African but some, like some of the Elamites were probably derived from the Afro-Arabians who in term had settled in Arabia from Africa.
There was at least one other group of likely AFrican origin probably similar to the Ubaid man that appears to have settled in mesolithic times in Asia including India. The same group settled in the Natufian culture.

I don't know about Dravidians/Tamils having recent African origins. But I believe Dravidians/Tamils descend from proto Cushite type people. Thats my theory.

I think the early Indus settlers could have looked like Nilotics from the Nile Valley.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
@Mike111

Stop saying silly things.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:

Even if he was R1b it was not due to Europeans but Asian migration. R1b is found in both Europe and Africa due to migrating Asians. NOT EUROPEANS.

Yes I think I was one of the first ones to see the dnatribes results.

But, OK so this is the r1b study people were talking about? [Frown]

What a joke. Will have to read the retort though.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

Silly things like this.

WHAT MIGRATING ASIANS?

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually I believe the present Dravidians were a mix of African Austric and Iranic people like most of today's Indians, except that their language and some of the people preserve the culture that must have been brought in by Africans. African and Austric people have a different culture and origin. Dravidians have many cultural elements that link them strongly to Africans. This similarity also extends to linguistics.

I don't know about Dravidians/Tamils having recent African origins. But I believe Dravidians/Tamils descend from proto Cushite type people. Thats my theory.

I think the early Indus settlers could have looked like Nilotics from the Nile Valley.

Son of Ra - you do realize that Tamils and Dravidic peoples in general came from the north, right. When I say recent I'm speaking in terms of during the Holocene period and within the last 3 to 7,000 years.
What you surmised, is not a theory but a speculation something people have too much of on this site. nevertheless i agree they could have had some ties to the proto-Cushitic or Afro-Asiatic speakers (if that's what you mean). That is at least what some linguistics are starting to suggest.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Dana Marniche
quote:
Personally I do know and it is obvious that millions of Tamil people living in Asia have claimed and do claim to have remote African origins and strong African connections especially the ones that follow the Tamil tigers. All you have to do is look at some of the early Tamil and revolutionary writings. And, half the time they were not even the dark skinned ones. That is why Runoko Rashidi became so popular there. [Wink]
Was that a long held belief that they were in fact Africans or is it a modern political move to link-up with Western blacks..meaning from their geographical POV Blacks of Africa and the Americas
Btw I do know of African migrants to South East Asia but that's not who were are speaking about.

Its something Diop and Dravidian scholars came to conclude together probably and of course in the 20th century. that there are too many similarities to be explained away by trade or the same latitude.
[Wink]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Son of Ra, here is a quote from Mike's webisite:

http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Indus_Valley_India_2.htm

Aryans and Dravidians, and by extension Europeans and Dravidians, are the same people genetically. This is possible because even thought their respective skin colors are very different; that difference is attributable to Albinism, a genetic defect with does not effect the general genetic make-up of those so afflicted. Thus the Albino child of a Black Dravidian father with Y-dna R1 will still, and also, have Y-dna R1 too.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxzbhjZqN51rnawmho1_500.jpg

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
@Mike111

Stop saying silly things.
No. [Smile]
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
Son of Ra, here is a quote form Mike's webisite:

http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Indus_Valley_India_2.htm

Aryans and Dravidians, and by extension Europeans and Dravidians, are the same people genetically. This is possible because even thought their respective skin colors are very different; that difference is attributable to Albinism, a genetic defect with does not effect the general genetic make-up of those so afflicted. Thus the Albino child of a Black Dravidian father with Y-dna R1 will still, and also, have Y-dna R1 too.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxzbhjZqN51rnawmho1_500.jpg

lol...Wow.

He thinks Europeans comes from Albino Dravidians.

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Son of Ra - you do realize that Tamils and Dravidic peoples in general came from the north, right. When I say recent I'm speaking in terms of during the Holocene period and within the last 3 to 7,000 years.
What you surmised, is not a theory but a speculation something people have too much of on this site. nevertheless i agree they could have had some ties to the proto-Cushitic or Afro-Asiatic speakers (if that's what you mean). That is at least what some linguistics are starting to suggest.

Yeah I mean that.

And I know Dravidians and Tamils come from the north. They were pushed south.

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com