EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
Watching the most boring final in W.C. history.. French commentating since I'm in Paris for the moment. [Frown]

I watched it in English by a dude with a short memory...

Possibly the most dull WC in my lifetime. Bring on Brazil.

BTW, I won 57le lol... erm, water is on me!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hold you to it girly
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodnight everyone, especially those in my time zone. +1 + 2 GMT or whatever. Looking forward to some squid for breakfast. [Smile]

And Shalamar...don't know why you haven't replied. Was looking forward to your reply.

I love something different and everything you're doing sounded different. I liked that. So write a post.

Sweet dreams.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New day [Smile] Hot again but I feel good, I was expecting a hangover but I did drink 2 liters of Orange Juice with the Stoli last night. So that might help explain it. Although it could end up being a delayed hangover. You guys know what I'm talking about. I just know I feel In The Mood *wink*wink* and I'm craving seafood again (I know I - I know - Say that all the time. Looked at Micky's dish again, and it asks for 6 hours of chilling in the fridge. Sorry dude, no can do. I got maybe an hour before I go into starvation mode. Had 2 measely sunny side eggs for breakfast.

***woke up this morning and my head was in a daze
a brave new world has dawned upon the human race
where words are meaning less and everything's surreal
gonna have to reach my friends to find out how i feel

and if i taste the honey is it really sweet
and do i eat it with my hands or with my feet?
does anybody really listen when i speak
or will i have to say it all again next week

hello, hello turn your radio on
is there anybody out there?
help me sing my song***

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalamar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi goodmorning- i am probably in a different time zone - so after the appauling footy, i retired to bed - as an early start!!! i had to squeeze myself into the car full of junk - and therefore having to drive at 30mph in order not to get squashed. If i brake suddenly then i probably will be.
I have never eaten squid for breakfast, and i dont know what is this stoli???

"I never ate a squid for breakfast,but
i have had eggs sunny side up
i like cereal and toast, but the brekky i like most
is a bacon buttie whilst reading my post"

--------------------
tilly
"I can make you feel good" -shalamar
Women dont have hot flushes they just have power surges"

Posts: 131 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SHALAMAR ..... stoli is vodka [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalamar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh thanks - i thought it was some form of life insurance scammer- ha ha - not into vodka , have the odd stella - And am i allowed to say the word "bacon""- I must try stoli to see if i too crave seafood/ or nuts for that matter .

--------------------
tilly

Posts: 131 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
you will crave any food if you have enough vodka in ya [Big Grin]
http://i25.tinypic.com/160bnmv.gif [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to see the parade on Champs Elyses, what a drag..they could at least allowed us to go shopping. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You had me at bacon lol...

Of course you say 'bacon' if it's banned I am scuppered when I go to buy some. [Smile]

I am settled in for the night... dvds, double deckers and an early night as tomorrow is going to be a day to catch the sun and chill out before my weekend starts [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
RSI RSS - whats the definition of repetative stress injury or syndrome ??? i have been struggling most of the morning with my ring (on my hand) it is firmly stuck, tried soap , but now my knuckle is so swollen, i cant use my mouse, my lap top, and undo the can of beans im having for lunch.

--------------------
tilly

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Chilling. Tired. Sleepy.

But I'll milk this night. Past two days, I did everything I was supposed to do a month ago.

Now...Just waiting for a new chapter in my life to begin. I love that, love change, always welcome it. I feel blessed or maybe cursed, come to think of it.

Sometimes when I write, I make everything seem so simple, as if life easily glided through the sky, it's not like that when moving from one country to another. The hardest part is always the last month in your current country and the first month in your new country, for me anyway, done a few times.

The worst part about moving is selling the furniture/electronics/etc. My bowab recommend that he bring some people over. He brought one dude over before I had my coffee and this dude was a DICK!! actually a ta-gir(business owner), so anyway this guy asks for a piece of paper and pen (kaman [Big Grin] ) and he starts writing.

Then he's talking aloud, “I can only get XX for this so I want it for XX” You know what I did, I asked for the paper and ripped it up and said thank you and maa'salaamah! This dude knew NOTHING about nothing....knew nothing about American style carpet[moquet] (for example) the best quality carprt in Jordan BTW.

Knew nothing about nothing, but felt compelled to tell me what stuff was worth.

Afterwards I kindly told him that I was the Seller and he was the Buyer, and that this wasn't his furniture store where I was offering my stuff!!

Jerk! I've never seen such rude manners before whenever buying or selling stuff.

Despite that. Today was a very cool day. [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
sure you dont want to stop by egypt on the way to your new home...i am coming and would love to meet up...maybe cooks some dishes together and have a big feast for the ES members [Razz] [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
sure you dont want to stop by egypt on the way to your new home...i am coming and would love to meet up...maybe cooks some dishes together and have a big feast for the ES members [Razz] [Wink]

Micky...I read in another thread you were moving to Egypt. I know I criticize Egypt a lot because I believe that I earned that right. Unlike some members here who stayed a year or two and slander it left and right arbitrarily and without justification. Just felt like saying that.

I could have opted for Egypt Air which would have stopped in Cairo first, but that is not the airline we're taking [Razz]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
we will be moving in like 2 years , maybe sooner but for right now we will stay in the USA...we want to save as much as we can , and i want to settle some things here first before the final move.
change airlines [Razz] [Wink]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
we will be moving in like 2 years , maybe sooner but for right now we will stay in the USA...we want to save as much as we can , and i want to settle some things here first before the final move.

Change airlines? Heh. I ain't changin' nuthin [Big Grin] Not like I could anyway, you know it's impossible to change airlines.

We're like you guys, we had to save up to make this move (inshallah) successful. [Smile]

So where do you intend to live in Egypt?

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
seriously milking this night, and I don't care. but I see dawn...bummer.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
“the evening is over...we hope you enjoyed yourselves...and we'll see you all again in 1974 – good evening”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qn3tel9FWU

Goodnight.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
quote:

Change airlines? Heh. I ain't changin' nuthin [Big Grin] Not like I could anyway, you know it's impossible to change airlines.

We're like you guys, we had to save up to make this move (inshallah) successful. [Smile]

So where do you intend to live in Egypt?

in El Qusier , red sea, and i was JK about the changing of the airplanes...nearly impossible [Frown]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
El Quseir ... don't know much about it. I know it's not polluted and also has nice beaches.

Sounds cool.

------

I'm in total chill-mode now. It's 11:20pm but this is the equivalent of Asr time (afternoon) as far as we're concerned.

Me like.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
no pollution at [Cool] all and the beaches are awesome...we are surrounded by them ..we are on the the point so we have it made [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
no pollution at [Cool] all and the beaches are awesome...we are surrounded by them ..we are on the the point so we have it made [Wink]

Sounds lovely Micky. Maybe you can even do some fishing. I'm a wannabe fisherman, never really-really fished before. Serious fishing anyway.

You could be like totally chilling there. Like that a lot. I guess you'll have to stock up on stuff on trips to Cairo.

You live in Egypt...Cairo has to be part of the equation..somehow. [Smile]

Sounds great Dear Chef. [Smile]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Night is day, day is night, layil nahar wa nahar layil. Love it. I'm so off to bed. As stressful as past few days been. They've been memorable – so that's definitely priceless. I love life – love even the mistakes- love it all.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exiiled, I need a little advice. What do you think about a young European woman, expierenced with working in Africa, who wants to move to Mauretanie in order to start an agricultural project in the desert? Only with two persons; a man and a woman; they want to start the project to help the people and to earn a living for theirselves. What about the safety, the reliability of the gouvernment, etc...?
Should you like your daughter to do so, or is it too risky??? Thnx in advance...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Night is day, day is night, layil nahar wa nahar layil.

That is how I feel. My new baby sleeps almost all day and is awake nearly all night. Day and night has no difference anymore. It's amazing how quick you can adjust to 3-4 hours sleep per night and I'm not even getting it in one go cos she feeds every two hours. I feel permanently half asleep, but I'm not complaining cos I've lost 22lbs in 19 days and that's without any effort on my part whatsoever, although I do feel a bit like a dairy cow as all I seem to do is feed her but hopefully before long I will no longer look like one [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
Exiiled, I need a little advice. What do you think about a young European woman, expierenced with working in Africa, who wants to move to Mauretanie in order to start an agricultural project in the desert? Only with two persons; a man and a woman; they want to start the project to help the people and to earn a living for theirselves. What about the safety, the reliability of the gouvernment, etc...?
Should you like your daughter to do so, or is it too risky??? Thnx in advance...

Unfortunately Mauritania isn't very safe right now. It's not so much of violent crime but foreigners have been targeted by groups with an agenda. Namely kidnappings, to put things in perspective the Peace Corps volunteers have been pulled out of the country. As admirable as the young European woman's intentions are, she would be putting herself at risk.

The government of Mauritania is too weak at this point and are unable to maintain an acceptable level of security.

If I have a daughter, I would tell her, sorry honey – but it's not safe. How about safer alternatives like Ethiopia (the northeast is desert, so she can apply a similar agriculture project). Other safe African countries include Ghana, Nambia, Mozambique and several others.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
quote:
Night is day, day is night, layil nahar wa nahar layil.

That is how I feel. My new baby sleeps almost all day and is awake nearly all night. Day and night has no difference anymore. It's amazing how quick you can adjust to 3-4 hours sleep per night and I'm not even getting it in one go cos she feeds every two hours. I feel permanently half asleep, but I'm not complaining cos I've lost 22lbs in 19 days and that's without any effort on my part whatsoever, although I do feel a bit like a dairy cow as all I seem to do is feed her but hopefully before long I will no longer look like one [Big Grin] [Wink]
Just one more reason I'm glad I was born a boy. [Big Grin] Losing 22 Lbs in 19 days is awesome, if you weren't half-asleep all the time, you would probably be jumping up and down.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:

Unfortunately Mauritania isn't very safe right now. It's not so much of violent crime but foreigners have been targeted by groups with an agenda. Namely kidnappings, to put things in perspective the Peace Corps volunteers have been pulled out of the country. As admirable as the young European woman's intentions are, she would be putting herself at risk.

The government of Mauritania is too weak at this point and are unable to maintain an acceptable level of security.

If I have a daughter, I would tell her, sorry honey – but it's not safe. How about safer alternatives like Ethiopia (the northeast is desert, so she can apply a similar agriculture project). Other safe African countries include Ghana, Nambia, Mozambique and several others.

Thank you, Exiiled, I already expected such a message.
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I wouldn't advise Ghana NM... I lived there and caught malaria. My father also got malaria and parasites on the bowel at the same time and slipped into a coma and was severely ill. Healthcare is primitive, if you think Egypt has it bad visit a clinic there!

It is riddled with crime and disease. Shame really as the people I knew were beautiful and the country is also beautiful... I fell in love with the rain forests.

It is way more impoverished than Egypt, Egypt in comparison is wealthy and the land of the free. I have never seen such poverty and filth [Frown]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
It's like with these women in love: she doesn't want to listen... [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, I rarely listen but over years I have learned to let my head rule my heart with some things [Big Grin]

Hence me never dying or being in emotional bother lol.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
I also had malaria, was sick for 2 weeks straight, and recovered in under a month. In hindsight, it was actually a blessing in disguise, because I quit smoking, and even after I was fine, I couldn't bring myself to smoke a cigarette.

When people ask, how I quit smoking, I answer....malaria.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I was ill for about 2 weeks as well, I was giving some pills for it (called 3 in 1 I think) I lost weight which was my happy side.

I quit smoking because of a lung infection in Crete... but I started up again here but I have my goal to quit again in 2 weeks time [Smile] I hate the damn things.

My father was so ill because of medical complications which affected the anti-malarial tablets.

Too risky for my liking.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
And another point is I have a friend in the UK who is a Freelancer working in a totally different Sector also looking to move here as she can see a gap in the market.

Her desire at first is to fly solo but then go onto employ... so what is the stance regarding that?

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Chilling. Thinking how I'm about to leave this country in a week but the only thing I'll miss from the Middle East is Egypt. It dawned on me. I lambast Egypt left and right. But Egyptians are mostly 90% good and 10% a-holes. That's a cool ratio.

I did my bowab wrong today, while selling my stuff this week, I forget that he told me to keep the washing machine for him as he wanted to buy it. He wanted to take it to Egypt. Just to save some money.

Egyptians are the most humble people and not damned like these people in Jordan and especially Lebanon. I'll give him a fan and my small TV and my winter gear too.

Yeah guys. I'm getting a little soft here.

When I was into Colloquial Egyptian and learned what “ahwak” meant, I was amazed...knowing such a short word meant “I Love You”. I loved it. Even playfully joked with a cutie once and pulled at a tire shop and told the dude aloud that I wanted “hawa”, “anna 3ayiz hawa” …..

Literally I said I wanted air, but colloquially it came off as “ I need love.” She cracked up. [Smile]

Egypt as a country is fundamentally flawed, but the people have always been beautiful.

Beautiful memories. [Smile]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Ahwak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMpj23K3gso

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
OOO I just noticed I posted in the wrong place. Ma'alish.

Just chatting to a friend in the UK about making an Ain Sokhna trip together... [Smile]

It is nice to read your posts about Egypt. And I agree with your ratio. I spend 90% of my life here in bliss and 10% swearing in Arabic!

I left some 'tat' outside my apartment when I moved last month, an old watch, some picture frames, few clothes etc. Firstly the neighbours knocked the door to tell me about it but to them it was also 'tat' then my bowaab knocked, he took it [Smile] but he knocked first... in the UK that would have gone, along with my bin and my letterbox!!!!

I love the language.. and I make daily stuff ups but I get a laugh out of it so all is good.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
OOO I just noticed I posted in the wrong place. Ma'alish.

Just chatting to a friend in the UK about making an Ain Sokhna trip together... [Smile]

It is nice to read your posts about Egypt. And I agree with your ratio. I spend 90% of my life here in bliss and 10% swearing in Arabic!

I left some 'tat' outside my apartment when I moved last month, an old watch, some picture frames, few clothes etc. Firstly the neighbours knocked the door to tell me about it but to them it was also 'tat' then my bowaab knocked, he took it [Smile] but he knocked first... in the UK that would have gone, along with my bin and my letterbox!!!!

I love the language.. and I make daily stuff ups but I get a laugh out of it so all is good.

I enjoy your posts too, Cheeky. Humility is beautiful and Egyptians naturally have it. Stuck up Arabs from the Gulf and even Sham might deem it a weakness, because they aspire to lofty aspirations that removes them from being human.

Egyptians have never suffered from this curse.

I learned a valuable lesson by living in Jordan. Mostly that I appreciate Egyptian society more than ever, now. If I wasn't a wanderer, I would be sipping on a cold Stella somewhere in Cairo.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I have stopped wandering... until the next breeze.

Humility is beautiful.

From a travelling background I have too learned that Egyptians are very humble, loyal and generous. I feel so happy to be surrounded by such endearing people who can appreciate and find happiness in the cards life dealt.

I will raise a toast to someone else who can see the positives of Egypt the next time I pop open a Stella.. or Sakarra [Wink]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i wish you were in Sept, we all could have a couple of Stellas [Frown] [Razz] Adam
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
thinking what to eat....later. I have juicy tender jordanian steak (awesome steak by the way)..yeah jordanian beef is like up there. awesome.

2.) musseles (don't think these guys gonna be satisfying) but I love seafood 24/7

3.) Fuul & Fossullya

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
steak sounds awesome and fuul, and some sauteed mushrooms
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
steak sounds awesome and fuul, and some sauteed mushrooms

What do you mean, fuul as a side dish for steak??? Girl that would be awesome! Never tried it - that would definitely hook me up. I don't have mushrooms though...will onions do [Big Grin]

Thanks Chef M [Smile]

I also have spring onions, tomatoes, carrots, red chillies, green chillies and green pepper.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
the onions, peppers, and tomatoes= peppered steak...fry those babies up and slap them on that steak...yummy and fuul ~yessssssssssssssssss~ as a side dish [Razz]
what is Fossullya

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
the onions, peppers, and tomatoes= peppered steak...fry those babies up and slap them on that steak...yummy and fuul ~yessssssssssssssssss~ as a side dish [Razz]
what is Fossullya

You Are Awesome! And here I was thinking a typical salt and pepper steak [Smile] I'll cook it an hour or two, and I'll take the steak out from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking it (room temp [Smile] )

Foosuulya = kidney beans (the equivalent of fuul, cooked with fried tomoatoes,onions, garlic and garnished with cilantro and rich serving of olive oil...yummy)

Thanks Micky. [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
yummy ....posted my pepper steak recipe for you [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
yummy ....posted my pepper steak recipe for you [Wink]

That recipe looks great(in the food forum). BUT I'm going to do what was stated in this THREAD [Big Grin]

Sorry babe but "i'm feeling good if you know what I mean", I've been a frat boy all week. [Wink]

I'm going to cook the steak. Fry the tomatoes, onions and green peppers and put them on top of the steak. With a side order of fuul.

That is my mission. That is what I will do. Anything else - no can do.

You dissapointed?

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
not at all ...thats was my first thought anyway...if you recall..slap those babies on there and enjoy...never disappointed in you [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
not at all ...thats was my first thought anyway...if you recall..slap those babies on there and enjoy...never disappointed in you [Wink]

I know you only want me taste something very exquiste and delicious. I know that. [Smile] And your first suggestion which I will cook will be delicious too, much more delicious than the ordinary way that I would have cook the steak.
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I just finished to read" Nomad "by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
A very interesting book gave me many new aspects to Islam and Muslims.
Really a book worth while reading.
It gave me very much to think about.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com