EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
going to buy a new laptop...cant figure the one i want ..think i will go with another HP.any sugguestions on a good one cheap? [Razz]
other then that just enjoying being home and getting much needed rest. this week has been hell [Mad]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an acer with Dolby home theatre. It is excellent and came with Vista... only 3000le.

I am resting today as well [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
I have an acer with Dolby home theatre. It is excellent and came with Vista... only 3000le.

I am resting today as well [Big Grin]

i hate vista ...but heard the acer was ace [Big Grin] i just have to have my windows 7 and webcam builtin for my family in egypt to see that i am still alive [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vista is ok, just practise. It is common to be used to a format and then not feel comfortable with the change... a bit like when Facebook has a shuffle now and then but you soon get used to it.

Mine has an in built webcam as well... I take my laptop to the bar and connect to two dudes who work everyday and let them see us all having fun. Cruel I know but hey, it makes us smile [Big Grin]

Think I am off bowling tonight... I am so bad at it!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Vista is ok, just practise. It is common to be used to a format and then not feel comfortable with the change... a bit like when Facebook has a shuffle now and then but you soon get used to it.

Mine has an in built webcam as well... I take my laptop to the bar and connect to two dudes who work everyday and let them see us all having fun. Cruel I know but hey, it makes us smile [Big Grin]

Think I am off bowling tonight... I am so bad at it!!!

i love to bowl and very good at it , i must say [Razz] i might even go into the city tonight for some brazilian foods [Razz]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
going to buy a new laptop...cant figure the one i want ..think i will go with another HP.any sugguestions on a good one cheap? [Razz]
other then that just enjoying being home and getting much needed rest. this week has been hell [Mad]

My latest laptop is a Dell Studio Notebook,Micky.
Cost effective,totally functional for a home user like me,and you can configure it to your very own needs as you like.
I got the apple green one last Nov.
http://www1.ap.dell.com/in/en/home/notebooks/laptop_studio/ct.aspx?refid=laptop_studio&s=dhs&cs=indhs1&~ck=mn

Disregard the India prices shown.I chose the wrong country. [Big Grin] Just make sure you choose USA from the drop down arrow.

The Windows 7 is much more user friendly than Vista.The latest ones already come out with Windows 7,Micky.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Normally all laptops come with windows7 upgrade already installed on it..Acer laptops are pretty much the best model. I hopped from windowsxp to windows7 I did not bother with visa. Windows7 is far the best operating system I have ever used.

I remember far back as having windows95 then windows98 then switching to windowsXP ROFLMAO.

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything you buy today will be obsolete in a matter of months..just get one that has a fast processor and a camera..with at least 500 GB hard drive.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
Anything you buy today will be obsolete in a matter of months..just get one that has a fast processor and a camera..with at least 500 GB hard drive.

All that can be configured when you get a Dell.And yes,i agree that in regards to computers no matter that we get the latest on the market,probably the next month we will be outdated already.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just popped in here to say goodnight folks!!

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
got me a new HP Compaq Notebook, and its sweetttttttttttttttttttttt, and faster then ever [Razz]
melissa87
Member # 17186

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melissa87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats chef mick! enjoy it [Big Grin]
Posts: 140 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by melissa87:
congrats chef mick! enjoy it [Big Grin]

thanks Melissa...i love it [Razz] [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Micky. HP is a nice brand, myself I prefer Lenovo/IBM and I am now totally in love with my Sony Vaio, awesome screen, 4gigs ram, I runa audio recognition program, the AV in the background running, office is open and not a glitch, just superb. A beast actually. I'll take the Thinkpad when traveling and use the Sony at home.

Share your specs or at least the model.

At this moment I am home with a nice deep tan after spending two days on the beach in Aqaba. Those of you who don't know about Aqaba, it is the only city in all of Jordan that has a coast. The rest of Jordan is landlocked. It's only about 30km stretch of coast but the beaches are cool and best of all it's a duty free zone, so cheap booze. Although I didn't drink any while down there, but came back with a couple of cases of beer.

I guess my wife missed the kitchen because she's cooking up a storm. Yeah some Jordanian desert, eggplant stew and I'm not sure what else.

Thursdays are great and it's like a zoo outside with all the kids playing, I like that, I like the doughshah, It's about time this city woke up.

Time to hit that case of Corona! [Big Grin] Also time to read some threads and give my expert ES advice [Big Grin]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll share something tragic with you guys. A dude named Matt James, 17 years old, All-American high school football player who was recruited by every major university in the US is dead.

He choose Norte Dame. You can say he had his whole future ahead of him, a very bright one too. Now check out this time line:

6:25 PM Friday April 2, 2010 – Matt James falls from a 3rd story balcony while vacation in Florida (spring break)

6:30 PM Friday April 2, 2010 – Matt James is dead

10:00 PM Same night he died more than 75 cars showed up for his vigil

1:00 AM same night a R.I.P Matt James Facebook attracts 2500 people

9:00 AM Next Morning April 3, 2010 A Prayer Service For Matt James will be held

The news of his death spread so incredibly fast that his parents can't even believe their son is dead. They are in Florida identifying their son's body as I type this.

Conclusion: God Damn Facebook!

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
Congrats Micky. HP is a nice brand, myself I prefer Lenovo/IBM and I am now totally in love with my Sony Vaio, awesome screen, 4gigs ram, I runa audio recognition program, the AV in the background running, office is open and not a glitch, just superb. A beast actually. I'll take the Thinkpad when traveling and use the Sony at home.

At this moment I am home with a nice deep tan after spending two days on the beach in Aqaba. Those of you who don't know about Aqaba, it is the only city in all of Jordan that has a coast. The rest of Jordan is landlocked. It's only about 30km stretch of coast but the beaches are cool and best of all it's a duty free zone, so cheap booze. Although I didn't drink any while down there, but came back with a couple of cases of beer.

I guess my wife missed the kitchen because she's cooking up a storm. Yeah some Jordanian desert, eggplant stew and I'm not sure what else.

Thursdays are great and it's like a zoo outside with all the kids playing, I like that, I like the doughshah, It's about time this city woke up.

Time to hit that case of Corona! [Big Grin] Also time to read some threads and give my expert ES advice [Big Grin]

HERE IS WHAT IY LOOKS LIKE
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033KELCM/ref=asc_df_B0033KELCM1078976?smid=A1U9HDFCZO1A84&tag=nextag-pc-mp01-delta-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B0033KELCM

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

HERE IS WHAT IY LOOKS LIKE
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033KELCM/ref=asc_df_B0033KELCM1078976?smid=A1U9HDFCZO1A84&tag=nextag-pc-mp01-delta-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B0033KELCM

That is a mighty fine machine Micky. I take it you just love to surf, chat and enjoy the internet. You are a smart shopper [Smile] That's a good price for a machine like that.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i need it for work also,it came out to be 579.00 after the warranty for 2 years ,but i love
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
i need it for work also,it came out to be 579.00 after the warranty for 2 years ,but i love

You got a great deal and a great warranty, although HP is solid enough that I bet you won't even need the warranty.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You got a great deal and a great warranty, although HP is solid enough that I bet you won't even need the warranty.
it is always good to have backup, you never know
also if i have any problems with it i can call them 24-7

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

it is always good to have backup, you never know
also if i have any problems with it i can call them 24-7

24/7 wow... that is definitely cool [Smile] You're right 'backup' is good. I just wanted to emphasize that HP is great and you'll probably won't need the warranty. I too get extra warranty and end up not needing it, and that's a good thing.

Enjoy your new laptop mon cherri chef Micky [Smile]

Now all you need is a digital camera [Razz] [Razz]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
got one of them too [Razz] Canon cyber shot 4.1 pixels [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
My fave gadget is called an X - mini II capsule speaker. It is a speaker for my ipod that is so powerful it is fab... but the plus side is you can buy several of them and make a chain. I bought one in London in March and then had another last week for my birthday.

I love gadgets...

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
I will prepare some dinner soon, and get ready for work tomorrow.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am listening to the sound of my dinner being cooked, I love living with a chef [Big Grin]

I might go out to see the boys but not so sure it is a good idea as I am back at work in the morning.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Im at work suffering from sleep deprivation. Went to the Jazz Club last night and there was some famous dude in there and my mate was all over him like a rash.

Anyway, spent night in Maadi and got approx 36 minutes sleep.

Luckily, I have a great job with great hours...

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
sitting home trying to get rid of the flu...think ill go outside and lay around...will be 90 degrees today....let the tan begin [Razz]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
sitting home trying to get rid of the flu...think ill go outside and lay around...will be 90 degrees today....let the tan begin [Razz]

girl i have had that damn flu for 3 weeks and cant shake it. its time for the dr, now i think its turned into broncontitus,, i am so stuffy it hurts.
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Just got back from Mogamma.... that is my 3rd yearly visa in the bag [Big Grin] Went to the Semiramis for lunch as well with me mum which was nice.

Nightmare journey home, Salah Salem is gridlocked so now I am going to powernap and then go meet the guys whose phones I somehow came home with last night [Big Grin]

Man what a day!

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Just got back from Mogamma.... that is my 3rd yearly visa in the bag [Big Grin] Went to the Semiramis for lunch as well with me mum which was nice.

Nightmare journey home, Salah Salem is gridlocked so now I am going to powernap and then go meet the guys whose phones I somehow came home with last night [Big Grin]

Man what a day!

hahaha at least u came home with the phone and not the guys huh? lolol
well i am off to the dr to see if i am dieing of the flu...cough cough cough...damn the over the counter meds do not work for fuc i need some antibotics for this crap i have get well micky...

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ah, whiskey n coffee will do the trick TK... quit whining, I had Bronchitis last month and still managed to keep going [Big Grin] I am not very sympathetic am I [Big Grin]

Seriously, get well soon though. x

Me and the boys do usually go home together but last night was a lil too crazy even for me!

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:

Man what a day!

well i am off to the dr to see if i am dieing of the flu...cough cough cough...damn the over the counter meds do not work for fuc i need some antibotics for this crap i have get well micky...

hope you feel better Tina...i am feeling a little better.sun and oranges are helping , but nothing helps my allergies [Frown]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:

Man what a day!

hope you feel better Tina...i am feeling a little better.sun and oranges are helping , but nothing helps my allergies [Frown]
ya just got back from drs. yuppers i have broncititus. it sucks.. smoking doesnt help none....
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Waiting patiently to watch the Yankees play the Rays. I don't know if I'll last but I want to follow the first few innings to see how Vazquez pitches. Last time he pitched for NY was pathetic to say the least, giving up a grand slam in game 7 of the '04 ALCS. Thing is, it's believed he grew some ballz since then, time to find out.

GO YANKEES [Big Grin] (2009 World Champions [Big Grin] )

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Waiting patiently to watch the Yankees play the Rays. I don't know if I'll last but I want to follow the first few innings to see how Vazquez pitches. Last time he pitched for NY was pathetic to say the least, giving up a grand slam in game 7 of the '04 ALCS. Thing is, it's believed he grew some ballz since then, time to find out.

bite your tongue Mister [Wink] ..its the Phillie's all the way, and i am watching them, just started..they are in Huston Texas tonight
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

bite your tongue Mister [Wink] ..its the Phillie's all the way, and i am watching them, just started..they are in Huston Texas tonight
Micky, Micky, Micky

Need I remined last year [Big Grin] . Hope the Phillies are doing well because the Yanks are up 2-0, bottom of the 4th.

Vazquez is nasty tonight! [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Phils are 3 -0 in the top of the first...off to another good start [Razz]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
With a blink of an eye it is 2-2. damn my big mouth jinxed my team. I gloated too early [Big Grin] I am keeping my mouth shut UNTIL a nice BIG nice LEAD! [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
well good luck to the yankees..they will need it [Big Grin] ...i will keep ya updated [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Well Micky I'm sure you know the score [Frown] damn! You know it's so early in the season but these games count too.

Philly seems to be rocking - good for you.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
ok its 5-0 in the top of the 4th.....go PHILSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS [Razz]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:

YANKEES 3-9..IN THE 8TH..OUCH SWEETNESS [Razz]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:

Yeah-Yeah whatever! [Razz]

hey I'm starving and it's almost 5am [Big Grin] Im going to sprinkle a chicken breast with salt, a lot of black pepper and cumin and bake it in the oven. This is a recipe from my bachelor days, well minus the cumin [Big Grin]

No need to the preheat oven, just add a little water to the baking pan every 10 minutes and it's all good. [Smile]

Yeah I'm in the mood for something hot.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
sorry i am too far away [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
SORRY EXIILED...YANKEES LOST [Frown]
7-0 in the bottom of the 5th

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
sorry i am too far away [Big Grin]

Me too micky [Big Grin] Your hubby is one of the lucky few to be married to a chef.

The chicken breast is in the oven, and yeah I know Yankees lost, and Philly is smokin' .

I guess Philly is going far and you even have the best pitcher in baseball (Halladay).

Then again it's not how you start but how you finish [Big Grin] Muwahaha (that's my evil laugh)

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
enjoy your chicken...can you get the phils game on there? since you are watching the NY game?
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
enjoy your chicken...can you get the phils game on there? since you are watching the NY game?

Thanks. It's still in the oven [Smile] and yes i can watch any game I want. Don't think that I'll be interested in the Phillies though, unless of course they play the Yanks [Razz]

I'm going to go check the oven.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
and now i will go to bed...its all over, a shut out 8-0 Phils....way to go guys [Smile] good nite Johnboy [Big Grin]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
and now i will go to bed...its all over, a shut out 8-0 Phils....way to go guys [Smile] good nite Johnboy [Big Grin]

good night to you too ... yeah I am still up, probably sleep until i dunno when [Smile] sweet dreams Micky.
  This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com