EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
I'm waiting on my hubby to come home from work, he's been working nearly 16 hours now! Whoever said Egyptians come to UK for an easy life are talking rubbish [Roll Eyes]

Unfortunately ppl are small minded and fail to take into account how expensive it can be to live in western nation. They convert X western currency into local currency and think aloud “oh how much such and such makes.” They fail to grasp it.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sleep is cooking nicely.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
I'm waiting on my hubby to come home from work, he's been working nearly 16 hours now! Whoever said Egyptians come to UK for an easy life are talking rubbish [Roll Eyes]

Unfortunately ppl are small minded and fail to take into account how expensive it can be to live in western nation. They convert X western currency into local currency and think aloud “oh how much such and such makes.” They fail to grasp it.
Yeah i can relate, I work 10 hours a day too and weekends but the money is sooooooooooooooo good. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm about to log off and go to bed to read my book "Slave". Oh dear, it's only 22:30 and I'm shattered.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is why we are all deemed 'rich'... some Egyptians do not fathom that my electricity and gas bill is equivalent to their monthly pay!

I personally love to work all hours in the week and spend my weekends spending it [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... and by slave, i meant 'sold'
Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just woke up, from a good earned sleep.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been out to buy my weeks supply of crusty cobs then went to lunch with me mam... lovely day to sit outside in the sun [Smile]

I am going to have an early night in prep for the big football match tomorrow [Smile]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just planted 2 eucalyptus trees and a buddleia, watered the garden, painted the fence, and now having a nice cold bacardi and tonic water, eating peanut M&Ms, and doing someone's family tree.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sat ere squiffy postin on ES
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
I just finished watching the last episode of 'breaking bad' - awesome show. I'll read non-fiction, but anything fiction better be on DVD [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] yeah anyway, I am so craving seafood soup. I have a couple of sardine cans, and some mussels but nothing else to work with. But I'll try to make it work anyway.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
The most retarded people on earth post are the people who post on Yahoo Answers. Useless. Sheesh!

Anyway. I found how I can make a seafood soup with a measley can of Sardines.

http://shawnchin.blogspot.com/2006/01/spicy-sardine-soup.html

I got everything this blogger's grandma recipe's calls for even the Tom Yum paste. [Smile] yup-yup!

Make it in an hour or so.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Here's how I'm going to go about the sardine soup. I am inspired by the blogger's post but I'll do it my way.

First I'll saute onion>garlic>hot chillies>tomatoe

Then add 2 cups of water + 2 tablespoons tomato paste

Then add 2 cans sardines + 4 mussles

Finally season ya know begin with salt+pepper+cayenne pepper and see what else and of course ad a touch of Tum Yum paste (but not too much as I don't want it to dominate the flavor)

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
How do you spell masterpiece? (hold on let me put on a hip hop jam on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj9vGRyq154&feature=related

Okay....follow the recipe instructions and without the Tum Yum paste - not necessary. Yummmmmy

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Sat at work eating the best bread in all of Cairo... I am soooo thankful for finding crusty baguettes and cobs in the Sweet Centre.. no more of that soft bake crap [Smile] Cheese and onion crusty with a bottle of ice water. mmmm

Waiting in anticipation for this afternoons game.. trepidation, confidence... fear!!!

I cannot wait till the final whistle so I can get on with my life! I sepnd my day Googling fixtures and possibilities and % and odds!

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Going to bed !!!

Woot I have next week off work!!!

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im sitting here chugging down a bottle of v8...im hungry but dont feel like having food in my mouth.

having my last cigarette before going to bed to my little corner of the mattress because my man is a frikken BED HOG! lol

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Listening to Radio one listening to the wind whipping up!!! And it sounds like it is raining as all the ACs outside are dripping on metal! It feels like being back home!
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Enjoying the quiet darkness. It's so quiet and peaceful at this hour and I'm loving it. This is one of the reasons why I love waking up after sunset – enjoying night in its entirety.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Chilling. Listening to music. I love relaxation. Thinking seafood though....hahaha. [Big Grin] Can't help it!

I am craving some calamari. In Egypt (like most other countries) they mostly fry it. Fried food to me is nasty UNLESS it's fried chicken or french fries. I love my calamari spicy with some veggies, preferably in a spicy sauce, thai style, korean style, don't matter.

Good news is at 8:00am local safeway will open.

Mission: Spicy Calamari.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
I did'nt find fresh squid(calamari) but I did find freshly flown fish from Saudi Arabia. Fish from the Red Sea.

Anyway... I am going to try this very basic and simple Mediterranean fish soup recipe. It's by some Europeans.

The only thing I won't do is use the strainer they used towards the end. First because I don't have it and Second I'm not a baby and can deal with fish bones.

Here's the recipe clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2sGwq8s0U0

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go to the eat like an egyptian site...you are on the wrong page buddy [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
anyway sounds great ...pictures?

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
go to the eat like an egyptian site...you are on the wrong page buddy [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
anyway sounds great ...pictures?

[Smile] pictures my dear chef wants? Pics she shall have [Smile] and in the appropriate forum. [Smile] I am slowly cooking the dish and it should be done any minute. [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cant wait to see it...you are making me very hungry Mister ...and its only 6 am here...i want seafood [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
cant wait to see it...you are making me very hungry Mister ...and its only 6 am here...i want seafood [Razz]

6:00am is perfect time for seafood, great and healthy way to start a day [Razz] I'm off to bed.. 2pm here [Big Grin] ... my hours are chaotic to say the least. I'll be up around 9-10pm (that's around 1-2pm your time - see u then [Razz] )

And the pics are in the 'eat like an egyptian' forum

Have a lovely day Micky . :-)

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
you too my friend ...Happy sleeping...and ill be at work then but will catch up later with you ...wont be home till 1 am your time [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Going to catch the guys and watch the football and no doubt have a few beers [Smile] This is what weekends were designed for [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Going to catch the guys and watch the football and no doubt have a few beers [Smile] This is what weekends were designed for [Smile]

i want to come too...* sniff* [Frown]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Well I go most weekends so when you are over you are welcome to join us for a beer or 3 [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Well I go most weekends so when you are over you are welcome to join us for a beer or 3 [Smile]

thank you so much count me in on, OR 6 [Big Grin] [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ana tipsy!!!

I have had a great laugh today, Fridays are so worth working all week [Smile]

Aaah, you have to join us, I am surrounded by the best folk [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Ana tipsy!!!

I have had a great laugh today, Fridays are so worth working all week [Smile]

Aaah, you have to join us, I am surrounded by the best folk [Smile]

will be my pleasure [Smile]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Excellent...there are very few expats here right now [Frown] Many have served their school contracts and have moved on to Malaysia, Bangkok, Russia etc... and a lot of folk simply go back to the west for the summer.

Hey ho.. we get served quicker [Smile]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I have just abused Otlob... the dude will struggle to carry the amount of curry I have just ordered from the Karvin!!!

Roll on 45 minutes time.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Hot! Hot! Hot! 100 degree weather and normally I wouldn't mind because I don't normally go out during the day. But had several errands today, and without a car it was torture getting a cab. So me aching hot feet [Big Grin] are in front of the laptop, typing this, drinking an ice cold screwdriver with more to comes. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm going to take a nice refreshing shower, drink some more and just chill for the rest of the day. Maybe order Kebab and Kofta for dinner or maybe cook Micky's calamari dish. [Smile]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Just chilling at home after a day in the sun.. power-nap, quick feed then off to watch the World Cup final with the gang. Roll on Mid August when the football starts again [Smile]
shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalamar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
worked hard all yesterday clearing the shed and outhouse - i didnt stop for a meal looked at the clock and it was 5pm - i had a powerful urge to declutter, get rid of all the junk in my shed to the car boot sale today--- - i knackered myself up that much my car all packed looking like the "clampets," i didnt wake up ----now i have to drive my car around all week until next weekend then maybe i will at last get rid of my junk. Oh theres a few Egyptians going spare...any offers??????

--------------------
tilly
"I can make you feel good" -shalamar
Women dont have hot flushes they just have power surges"

Posts: 131 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Okay let me share the perfect screwdriver recipe.

Get a tall tea glass. The same ones that they pour white tea in. Not the red tea. It's tall but not too tall.

Keepin' it simple here ..okay! [Smile]

Fill'r up with ice. New ice! Not stale frozen ice that been in the freezer all week/month/year!

Pour EXACTLY 1 ounce of Stoli. And the pour 100% orange juice.

Perfection. Don't pour more than an ounce because it will be too strong and the best way to enjoy screwdrivers during hot summer days is to do it this way.

More juice means you won't get tipsy quick, means you won't be dehydrated, means you'll enjoy a cool nice gradual feeling. [Smile] mashi!

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Going out to get a little bit more stoli, ice and also some pistachios, cashews or whatever. Damn taxis here during summer, bastards are so stuck-up. Worst yet it's not like I can stop a taxi and say “ummmm.....clear my throat...ummmm... I;m going to the Liquor store on such and such street and coming back...okay” I'll probably get a wannabe sahabi … which most these ppl are fake!

They'll pimp, they'll do everything else, but to take a brother to a liquor store and back they'll make an issue out of it. Here ladies and gentleman are Arabs at their finest. Retards.

I wish I could have sold my ride 3 days before leaving here, I wish, doesn't work out that way.

Anyway... So what, if I have to walk a KM (10 blocks)there and KM back (10 blocks), no big deal.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
I'm back [Big Grin] got my stuff. it's all good. r/t taxi ride and the fare 1.2JD fare + 1 beer for the taxi driver, that's what he wanted.

WC final coming up. All good baby!

shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalamar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha - i was thinking screwdriver?????been playing one of those all weekend!! damn it..ypur post reminded me of the carlsburg advert -on the camels in the desert -----he had to go back for more , and after eating all the nuts you may need to.
[Smile]

--------------------
tilly
"I can make you feel good" -shalamar
Women dont have hot flushes they just have power surges"

Posts: 131 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by shalamar:
Ha ha - i was thinking screwdriver?????been playing one of those all weekend!! damn it..ypur post reminded me of the carlsburg advert -on the camels in the desert -----he had to go back for more , and after eating all the nuts you may need to.
[Smile]

Shalamar,

You talk so English, that most ppl here, don't understand a word you are talking about(me). I am talking about this:

"worked hard all yesterday clearing the shed and outhouse - i didnt stop for a meal looked at the clock and it was 5pm - i had a powerful urge to declutter, get rid of all the junk in my shed to the car boot sale today--- - i knackered myself up that much my car all packed looking like the "clampets," i didnt wake up ----now i have to drive my car around all week until next weekend then maybe i will at last get rid of my junk. Oh theres a few Egyptians going spare...any offers??????"

You cleared out your garage and you did this all day, skipping lunch, because you are so determined to get rid of the clutter. What is “car boot sale” = car trunk sale? You have a car trunk sale? And now you have to drive your “car around all week until next weekend”, what does that mean? “Oh theres a few Egyptians going spare...any offers?????? “ what does that mean too.

So you mistook screwdriver for a tool. I actually mistook a lot more. [Smile]

As far as the nuts(supplies), I'm stocked [Big Grin] They didn't even have the samll 375ml vodka so I gotz me the the Stoli 0,7L Woot!!! (that means I'm excited) [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
work @4am today...just got home @2..and going to take "A"s advice with a nice cold screwdriver but with grey goose. and fresh squeezed OJ...and chill for the rest of nthe day...beat .work was like being in hells kitchen, if 1 thing went wrong it 10 things did..not going to think anymore today nor tomorrow as i am sooooooooooooo off [Razz]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
work @4am today...just got home @2..and going to take "A"s advice with a nice cold screwdriver but with grey goose. and fresh squeezed OJ...and chill for the rest of nthe day...beat .work was like being in hells kitchen, if 1 thing went wrong it 10 things did..not going to think anymore today nor tomorrow as i am sooooooooooooo off [Razz]

You are definitely chilling now with a screwdriver in one hand, and a day off in the other. [Smile] You deserve it.. [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
you know A thats what i said...thanks for agreeing with me [Big Grin] ...hope your having a good day with your SD's [Razz]
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching the most boring final in W.C. history.. French commentating since I'm in Paris for the moment. [Frown]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
your really in Paris Dzosser? was there 2 years ago. sorry we missed each other [Big Grin] [Razz]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Chill mode in full effect. My girl cooked sog pizza and baked chicken wings. Sog bread is basically Persian bread, it's round, delicious and about 1/3 thick as a slice of toast, to give an understanding of what it is.

Think of it as super thin crust pizza. Sog bread is tohfaa (awesome) …..

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
I live amongst degenerates, hey that doesn't say much about me, car radios are blaring, neighbor's screaming, only I could have sworn there were Argentinean, Brazilian and German flags flying from their balconies a week or so ago.

Arabs have been reduced to spectators. I know it's the norm, don't bother me none, justing making a point. No pride, no nothing.....no nothing.

Anyway...back to youtube.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!CHANPIONS!!!!!!!!!CHAMPIONS!!!!!!LLLLLLLLLWHAT A GAME!!!OMG!!!!VA LA OLA°º¤øº¤ø España ø„¸¸„ø¤º° España ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø España„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø España ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨España ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø sigue la ola!º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º° PASEN LA OLA... ARRIBA ESPAÑA!!!!! ESPANA CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com