EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 36)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just re-read your post lol.. Morning to you too!!!

Right, I have a breakfast date and it is now officially sunrise so I HAVE to try to sleep so I don't look like death warmed up!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jetlag,cant sleep either Ferret...looks like I wont be doing much cooking.Seems cheaper to eat out than in Egypt here!(but that might be because Im not being charged twice as much)....infact on first impressions things in LA so much cheaper than Aus which means I might be able to afford the outrageous price to get into Disneyland- over US$150 for moi and kiddy!
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 hours sleep! I am a machine!!!

Breakfast was lovely, local prok bacon... not too bad and nom nom sausages from Leicestershire. Hobbit sausages [Big Grin]

Just putting a picnic of sorts together and then off for a walk around the park as today is very lush... 34 degrees I have been told. Like a good ole English summers day [Smile]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Glassflower:
Jetlag,cant sleep either Ferret...looks like I wont be doing much cooking.Seems cheaper to eat out than in Egypt here!(but that might be because Im not being charged twice as much)....infact on first impressions things in LA so much cheaper than Aus which means I might be able to afford the outrageous price to get into Disneyland- over US$150 for moi and kiddy!

Enjoy GF, I am very jealous of your trip, I would love to go to LA! Have much fun. x
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhh.... work done for the week. Now to watch some naff TV and get prepared for the estate agent tomorrow.

Other than that - doing nothing [Smile]

Happy weekend everyone [Smile]

Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Sitting with a White Russian... the drink not a tourist! Watching tat on tv and loving the warm air.
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got up at 5.30am and went running. I feel totally amazing. I am loving getting back into running after a good 18 months off. Tried a few months ago but could feel things movinng around inside where my C Section scar is..all seems to be ok now.

Did 5 miles today. My personal best so far, amazing to think when I started less than a month ago running two miles made me puke...literally!

It's not even 8am and I've got the whole day ahead of me. I really appreciate them weekends now I am back to work

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DG... your motivation puts me to shame!! Although I wouldn't be able to go out running even if I wanted to [Frown]

I've only had 4 hours sleep and I feel like crap! Car has got its service today, fingers crossed it goes ok.

On the up side....Monkey world tomorrow!!! yay!

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Wow DG... good on ya. I used to go out power walking and running before work years back, it always made me feel amazing.

In Cairo it isn't so easy!!! I just have a step machine and stick to the walking around.

Super, walking round Monkey World is exercise, especially if one of the lil suckers gets out and chases you around [Wink]

Good luck with your motor.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First weekend for ME in ages. [Big Grin] No tourists (of mine) and hubby out the way. working up to doing a bit of cleaning, some puter housekeeping and inshaAllah some reading of the approx 50 new books I've acquired over the last month. [Big Grin] and finally feet up with my new cross stitch kits [Big Grin]

Would like to make a teeny weeny start on the spare bedroom, but 3 years dust is daunting [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First valuation of the house done today. Not as low as it could have been but not enough to cover the mortgage [Frown]

Looks like I might be paying back my life for a while. I'm sure there's a silver lining somewhere and I think it's got the name 'freedom' on it [Smile]

TV catch up time, Glee, Desperate Housewives, Chuck... cheesy night for me [Big Grin]

Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was just asking about that?
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching the 'Clasico', RM/Barca. [Smile]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@DG – 5 miles → that's awesome!

@Ayisha – Congrats on the weekend. All those books you acquire, you read and what? You got a cool library section in the crib or what. I'm actually working on that – a home library, L-corner actually.

@Dzosser for a minute looked up what you watched on IMDB [Big Grin] but realized it was a football match. [Big Grin]

Now chilling. Yankees won. [Smile] I need to fix my hours though, there are things want to do during the day and by that I mean after 12pm noon. Also working on this week's plan, tomorrow going to the batting cage, definitely in the mood to hit some baseballs. You guys in Cairo, you do know they have softball league in Maadi. Anyway, here's their link, http://www.caslegypt.com/

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent the whole day with my partner [Smile]

Every day just gets better and better [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:

@Ayisha – Congrats on the weekend. All those books you acquire, you read and what? You got a cool library section in the crib or what. I'm actually working on that – a home library, L-corner actually.

Can't resist books Exiiled, been given piles recently by 3 different people, problem is time [Frown]

Have been thinking of having a new bookcase built as current one is collapsing under the weight. Someone bring me an Ikea flat pack please [Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Sunday, nice lay in bed earlier. Catching up on Hellcats now then maybe some work.

Can't stop thinking about food though... I'm hoofing the weight on!! Why can't I be the type of person where stress STOPS me eating!!

adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy ur weekend time!
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sponge:
Sunday, nice lay in bed earlier. Catching up on Hellcats now then maybe some work.

Can't stop thinking about food though... I'm hoofing the weight on!! Why can't I be the type of person where stress STOPS me eating!!

[Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have plans to cut the grass today.

But I've been saying that for weeks.

But then again once 7abibi finish's work i 'll go and meet him.

Weather is good outside, but my garden is not. [Frown]

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:

The garden will still be there when you get back and next week and the week after. Have the fun right now [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sponge:
quote:

The garden will still be there when you get back and next week and the week after. Have the fun right now [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
ha ha thats true enough sponge!!!

But I did manage to cut the grass!!!

Weather is so nice today.

It's a 4 day working week this week, i guess the garden will have to wait until then.

long weekend coming!!! WOOT. [Big Grin]

Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]It's a 4 day working week this week

long weekend coming!!! WOOT. [Big Grin]

Woohoo!! I'd totally forgot... then only 3 days to work the week after and then another 4 day week (well apart from all the coursework I need to do but I'll fit that in somewhere!)

I think I might just manage to work without wanting to chew my own arm off with boredom this week [Big Grin]

adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Just finished making dinner
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
This week and next week are 3 day weeks too for me [Smile] Hard life eh!!

Listening to the 2nd FA Cup final.. so happy for Stoke [Smile]

Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Just watched Cemetery Junction. Nice feel good film, lovely quote in it which it said was an ancient Arab proverb.

"throw your heart out in front of you and run ahead to catch it" I like that thought [Smile]

Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
And now ordered a Chinese to sign the weekend off nicely [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watching the Phillies win ...yet again Exiiled [Razz]
they are sure doing good so far...Cole Hamel did a great job today pitching
they won 3-2 against the Marlins [Cool]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that is my week off nearly over [Frown]
It has been lovely. A good mix of things have been done.
Today had a lazy day in the garden reading my book, followed by a BBQ.

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went on a nanobus yesterday [Smile]
Rode from Zamalek to 6O in a small maroon 5-passenger nanobus. 3 guys in there for part of the journey, but most of the way just me! Comfortable and speedy as a taxi, and 2.50LE all the way [Smile]

PS Don't know what they're really called, but as they are smaller than a microbus, nanobus seems to sum it up!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Well my first long weekend is over, it has been awesome for some great football matches.

Hot milk and an early night. Rock n roll!!!

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Micky Yeah-yeah rub it in, what goes up, must come crashing down. [Big Grin] The Yankee game will come on later.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chilling now. Reaping the benefits of good neighborly housewives relations in our condo. The other day a khaleejeyeh returned from the Gulf and gave my wife Arabic coffee (the very light kind), perfect for making cardamom coffee. Today on the kitchen counter, a carrot cake. [Big Grin] So having me some of that with light coffee. Keep up the good work ladies. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kicking around some ideas... 2011 is set to be a bit of a rollercoaster ride by the look of things, but this could be a good thing... Had a brainwave today for a business idea... Need a lie down now, I reckon - I'm zapped [Smile]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Eating hot dogs with onions and wiping mustard and ketchup off front of shirt [Big Grin]

I need a brainwave Monkey, got any spare?? [Frown]

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Eating hot dogs with onions and wiping mustard and ketchup off front of shirt [Big Grin]

hot dogs?how many did you eat? [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, all out of them now - that's why I need a lie down [Smile]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
I decided to have a do nothing, sit on my bum kind of day
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
quote:

2 [Big Grin]

Are American hot dogs the same? [Confused]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by adelly:
I decided to have a do nothing, sit on my bum kind of day

oooh I want one of them too, that and a brainwave would be great.

and a cleaner! [Cool]

and a ground floor flat [Frown]

with quiet neighbours [Mad]

adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Me 2. Ill come live with u.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Me 2. Ill come live with u.

great, that's the cleaner sorted [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Quiet neighbours... I know how you feel! I have woman who is like a screaming banshee relentlessly screaming at her kids... I have had to tell her to stfu in the past!!!

I have brainwaves and ideas now and then. only to find I'm not the first person to have that idea!!! The times I think I've invented things.

Had a nice long soak in the bath and a cuppa tea and am off out to see a friend [Smile] going for a walk aroiund the park later and tonight I have no plans which suits me as tomorrow will be a looooong day!

adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
@ayisha lmao
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
quote:

2 [Big Grin]

Are American hot dogs the same? [Confused]

i am not sure . never had a hot dog in Egypt...but i only eat the all beef hot dogs, and hey ill be your neighbor [Big Grin] [Wink]
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
We could get our own building lol
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
We could get our own building lol

lets do it...will that be Luxor or Cairo girls? [Razz]
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
I vote for cairo!
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I vote for any seaside

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
I vote for any seaside

ok , well it looks like my village...i am right on the red sea...El Quseir it is [Razz] [Wink]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Yayy Micky's building us all a villa at the seaside! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com