EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 38)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

I am solar powered [Big Grin] [/QUOTE]
Awww now I see why I am always sat here doing nothing... bloomin UK weather! [Mad] [Roll Eyes]

I need to get my butt to Egypt for some energy then [Big Grin]

Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't you got good weather there now?
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah bit of sun but it needs to be over 20 degrees before I think of getting any flesh out or sitting out in the sun. The slightest breeze and I run indoors!!
Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I am like that... I wont even go in the sea here until June! I am a heat lover, if I wasn't I am in the bloody wrong country [Big Grin]

One thing I am looking forward to this summer is a few of the lads are going to get a Villa share up in the Marriott Villas and they will have a HUGE garden with a BBQ and a pool, the plans are already being made that we all crash there and play tunes and have pool and BBQ parties [Big Grin] Cannot wait... I don't have a garden and I really miss sitting outdoors.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A beautiful day here! Mowed the clover/dandelions, planted a few more seeds, done the housework and just taken the Easter cake (well chocolate sponge which will get cream icing on top with Cadbury's mini eggs and a couple of chickens [Big Grin] ) out the oven. Think we'll eat outside tonight and make the most of it.
Playing with my new lap top (early Birthday present)
Missed not having my own for the past 5 months [Frown]
Sounds good Ferret. I love being able to dip in and out of the pool. Going to the pool at the local hotel is just not the same!

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I love the summer!!!

Aw Cadbury mini eggs... nom nom nom

I really hope this weather holds out for you, especially for the wedding. I have friends who are going to street parties and I have friends holding wedding parties, it would be such a shame for it to pee down!

I am looking forward to the wedding [Big Grin]

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I have taken Ameria to visit the animals, put up a house and built a cooker! Talk about independent woman!
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Testing out a "facebook wall cleaner" on a dummy account!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
The only reason we ask men to this kinda stuff for us is a) they will and b) we cba to do it ourselves... and they call us stupid [Wink]

which animals did you go to see?

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ones we went to see before, went with Ameria's bf! photo on fb [Razz]
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
One thing I am looking forward to this summer is a few of the lads are going to get a Villa share up in the Marriott Villas and they will have a HUGE garden with a BBQ and a pool, the plans are already being made that we all crash there and play tunes and have pool and BBQ parties [Big Grin] Cannot wait... I don't have a garden and I really miss sitting outdoors.

Cheeky this sounds ace... I'm not gonna get a pool holiday until at least next year as my next holiday will be to visit bf in his village, therefore no sunbathing and no pool!!

Trying to persuade my mum that we need to go to Egypt for a week in Jan for my dad's b'day. the fact that they've never been abroad and hate any heat over about 15 degrees I might struggle!! But I'm trying my best [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yay Super... I love that place. I will look at Ameria's bf now [Wink] Does he have an older great uncle for me [Wink]

Sponge, good luck getting the parents out their comfort zone.. but I can assure you oonce they leave it they will have more holidays abroad than Judith Chalmers!!! I know folk who have done this [Big Grin]

Is there no rooftop you can sunbathe on, this is what I used to do as a teenager, no one could see me [Smile] and I could see straight into Mubareks kitchen!

Doesn't it sound ace, and the best bit is it will be free! Well for me anyway lol. I'm alright Jack.

Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Ah yes, there is a rooftop which I've escaped onto before, however it's a bit weird when his sisters want to come and watch me sunbathe, lol!

You'll have a great time then I bet. Maybe I could persuade the parents to rent a villa and then I could tell them it's just like a home from home [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
With the amount of air con units in Villas they would be warmer in the UK lol... I hope they will travel. My gran travelled to Cairo when she was 78, the first time she had ever been on a plane. She loved it here.

It is weird sunbathing here, especially when the young local girls have beem bleaching their skin to make it whiter, proves, no one is ever happy with what cards they are dealt!

Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
You're right there. I'm naturally blonde and dye my hair black!!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sponge:
You're right there. I'm naturally blonde and dye my hair black!!

Artificial intelligence [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My waking up in the A.M run is still alive. Will now head downtown for Arabic breakfast, hang out with wifey until noon, or in time for her to begin her lessons. She's approaching 30hrs per week, lot of hrs, but her definitely her rizq. Later.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deciding on a pub to chill @ for the afternoon. In the mood for draft kool-aid and pool. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Chilling. Chose an English joint. Have 4 hours to kill before I head home, and this joint will do. Excellent wi-fi, big screen Tvs, easy listening music (e.g. elvis/oasis ) and most importantly alfresco seating. A little pricey, but so what, English/Irish joints always are, but they do have good ambiance, great service, and the patrons more often than not are professionals.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
writing a book [Cool] [Razz]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

Cool. What is it about, if you don’t mind sharing.
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Hauling myself outa bed. Must tidy before the estate agent comes!!
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Husband is out with baby and dog so I'm enjoying the peace and quiet for half an hour. I am fasting for the first time ever this easter and because this one is so limited in what you can eat I have been eating crisps for breakfast, crisps for lunch and Koshary for dinner. I reckon I've just about destroyed all the hard work I have put in running over the last few weeks with my 60,000 grams of fat per day diet. But I do love Koshary and it was made by my husband who has never ever made it in his life until this last week but after getting detailed instructions from his mother it turns out he has a knack for making the whole thing and it tastes lush.

I am going to do a bit of shopping this afternoon I need some nice curtains and a matching bed set for my bedroom in Egypt and I have a Next outlet near me which has a sale on so I will have a look there

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

Cool. What is it about, if you don’t mind sharing.
Sorry, you will have to wait and see [Cool]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
Husband is out with baby and dog so I'm enjoying the peace and quiet for half an hour. I am fasting for the first time ever this easter and because this one is so limited in what you can eat I have been eating crisps for breakfast, crisps for lunch and Koshary for dinner. I reckon I've just about destroyed all the hard work I have put in running over the last few weeks with my 60,000 grams of fat per day diet. But I do love Koshary and it was made by my husband who has never ever made it in his life until this last week but after getting detailed instructions from his mother it turns out he has a knack for making the whole thing and it tastes lush.

I am going to do a bit of shopping this afternoon I need some nice curtains and a matching bed set for my bedroom in Egypt and I have a Next outlet near me which has a sale on so I will have a look there

I LOVE Koshary, share detailed instructions with me please! [Big Grin]

I have now lost FB [Confused] [Frown]

oops, now it's back [Confused]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
There is a shop in Korba that does spectacular Koshari... i don't mind it as long as it there is plenty of spicy tomato sauce to mix in [Smile]

I have slept for 11 hours... my insomnia catch up is now complete!!!

The girls I work with fast and I love it when they do as they make the most beautiful mushroom shwarmas, I love them!

I am just off to the supermarket to stock up for the week, my fridge and freezer look sorry for themselves! Then it is a day of football, Skyping home and generally catching up with any loose ends.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Re: Ayisha’s book - alright I’ll wait. Better be good! [Razz]

Re: Koshary - Yes DG share the recipe, and really we are talking about the sauce. My wife can’t even get it right like Saleh’s koshary under the bridge (road 153 Maadi), her moms koshari is NOT the inexpensive tasting koshari that abounds on cairo streets. Excuses I have heard are :#1 tomatoes (need the ripest ones) and restaurants use MSG0maggi.

On a positive note she makes perfect mashi stuffed grapes. the real deal. Sorry I had to say something positive [Big Grin] Out of habit!

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Chilling. I changed places from the last joint I was at. They served fresh oysters and I was intrigued, but while walking to the restroom, I noticed large containers (fish TANKS) on the side with Live lobsters in one tank, clams in the other and oysters in others, I don’t know how many, but not enough for my comfort. The place I am in now, I personally know the manager, they order 700 oysters x 2 shipments per week from NZ, and it‘s obvious.

So I’m here. I don’t play around with my raw seafood. Just saying. The mother Shucker here knows
what he's doing, experience, and Mother Shucker does not mean what you think it means.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Chilling. I changed places from the last joint I was at. They served fresh oysters and I was intrigued, but while walking to the restroom, I noticed large containers (fish TANKS) on the side with Live lobsters in one tank, clams in the other and oysters in others, I don’t know how many, but not enough for my comfort. The place I am in now, I personally know the manager, they order 700 oysters x 2 shipments per week from NZ, and it‘s obvious.

So I’m here. I don’t play around with my raw seafood. Just saying. The mother Shucker here knows
what he's doing, experience, and Mother Shucker does not mean what you think it means.

shucking Oysters are we? lucky you [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
^ Schucking nothing, but enjoying the oysters. [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh shut it...rub it in why dont ya [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
oh shut it...tub it in why dont ya [Big Grin] [Wink]

[Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
oh shut it...tub it in why dont ya [Big Grin] [Wink]

[Big Grin]
have a great weekend though and a great holiday [Wink]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went off to get the sun lounger it's taken me ages to pin down (everywhere has sold out [Big Grin] ). Don't think I'll be getting to use it today though - got burnt on the way there [Big Grin]

It's sooooooo nice out there, apart from the traffic - horrendous. Think I'm all set now though, no jam packed supermarkets for me. Gave up beer for lent and so looking forward to a cold one. Out for dinner later - life is sweeeeeeet [Cool]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been to the hairdressers and still have the battle of Tescos to do [Roll Eyes]
Was hoping to be in the garden but it is raining so that's off the agenda.
My friend is coming tonight so a few vinos will be had, haven't seen her since Boxing Day, a good catch up is in order [Big Grin]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Need to tackle Asda and Sainsburys yet today. Trying to put it off but closing time is looming...
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Lucky you Sponge! I thought it would be quieter today because people would be away. Not the case it was going like a fair! Good luck [Big Grin]
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Argh!! I'm going to drag my niece with me and maybe send her into the shop for me [Big Grin]
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Now that is a good idea! Then you only go home with what you need and not half the shop [Big Grin]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
You know what's one of the most beautiful things about marriage? The warm body that awaits you in bed. Tisbahu'ala'khair.
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
quote:
You know what's one of the most beautiful things about marriage? The warm body that awaits you in bed. Tisbahu'ala'khair.

Ahhh, that's lovely [Smile] [Smile]
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Tackled the shops... not busy at all, but empty shelves.

Have come home with 3 green bananas [Mad] and the basics... but nothing more. Still cost me over fifty quid!! [Eek!]

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
Course it is, Marydot. Course it is [Wink]

Only kidding. I'm pleased for you MD. You sound very happy [Smile]

yes i'm very happy [Big Grin] .

I cant remember when the last time i felt this happy really [Smile]

Inshallah i want this happy forever [Smile]

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sponge:
quote:

Ahhh, that's lovely [Smile] [Smile]
When my husband comes into bed I attack him with my freezing feet MWAHAHAHA! [Big Grin]

Right now in watching CSI miami, reminds me of being in Egypt with fox series lol.

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Hubby prefers the green ones, so they ripen later [Smile]
I had no problems with empty shelves today surprisingly enough. Even a basic shop seems to leave you with not very much left in the old purse it has to be said [Confused]
My friend and I are both daftys, we got our wires crossed about her coming tonight [Big Grin]
Enjoying a glass of vino and hoping tomorrow will be good weather wise.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sponge, pheweee... I had visions of you living on marshmallow and cola bottle kebabs for the next week, washed down with vimto and tizer [Smile]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
Sponge, pheweee... I had visions of you living on marshmallow and cola bottle kebabs for the next week, washed down with vimto and tizer [Smile]

Monkey... now you have me paranoid... do you have a secret camera watching me?!
This is my typical stable diet... isn't that the basics you need to live on?! [Razz]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Ya otta fein il-recipe bitaa3 il-koshari! Okay I think I scared DG away. [Razz] I am in the process of making koshari. Made the sauce and garlic vinegar condiment, now waiting for the rice and pasta to cook. I tasted the sauce and it tastes real good, but will refrain from judging the dish until everything is done.

I hope we can all share the way we cook koshari, this particular way is the first time. I have been craving good Koshari for a while, and with DG mentioning it last night and with the slight hangover today I simply wanted some. My wife should be home soon, so she can judge this recipe as well.

For the evening I want to watch dark thriller after dark thriller.

Sauce for the Koshari

1 can whole tomatoes (blended)
5-6 fresh tomatoes peeled
Cumin-Ground Coriander-White Pepper- Salt- Dry nutmeg leaves (which I don't have)
A good amount of blended garlic about 2 heads

Directions:

Boil blended raw tomatoes for about 30 minutes.
Then add the can of blended whole tomatoes.
Fry the crushed garlic until brown and add to the sauce (above) for about 10 minutes. It's okay to scoop a little bit of the oil from the deep fried garlic. You will need this oil later on for the shata.
Add a good amount of ground coriander, cumin, a little white pepper, salt.
Continue cooking sauce for an additional 10 minutes.

Garlic Vinegar Condiment

Add coriander, salt and cumin on top of blended garlic, then add vinegar and mix well, add some water and there ya go.

The Pasta

Use anykind, I don't have Egyptian so I'm using italian, elbows, spaghetti, don't have sha3reyeh, and rice (don't have Egyptian) so I'm using Japanese.

Toppings

Fried Onion (deep fried)
Cooked plain brown lentils (salted of course)
Heated chickpeas

The Shatah

Take a half cup of the the pasta sauce including the bit oil at the top (see sauce recipe above), add red pepper flakes, add red hot chilli powder and let simmer and let it dry out a bit.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I waited in 2 hrs for my supermarket delievery yesterday, none of the numbers on line or on the receipt would work. I was not a happy ferret!

Anyway, I am stocked up till after the May holiday now... I have enough food to feed an army [Smile] I love being fully stocked, you never know when folk might just pop in and need feeding.

Nice day out yesterday, the ACE club was really quiet but the weather was really nice and the conversation was much fun.

Todays plan, well I guess not having ironed for 4 weeks I had better tackle that as I am running out of clean clothes! I am not a fan of ironing!

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
The koshari recipe is kickass. Hit the spot. Using a can of tomatoes with freshly blended tomatoes made the difference. It's where we were always going wrong. The Japanese rice was also a great choice. In Egypt, the souks usually sell regular tomatoes and very ripe (bordering on going bad) tomatoes cheaply. Those tomatoes are the ones that koshari restaurants use, for cost effectiveness and also for taste. Those lucky enough to be there, there goes your solution, and don't have to spend money on canned tomatoes.

The shata was okay but not like the koshari joints.

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com