EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correction: Tilts towards the left side. Friggin left side, right side confusion.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't drive.. never have never will [Smile]

Had a day where unexpected stories and news have unraveled. All in my favour! It's been a funny old day.

Currently watching Lucky Number Slevin... slow as hell and not overly interesting but I cba to go walk to the remote control

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got home after a 10 hour working day. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmbiBambi
Member # 18389

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmbiBambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spending the day playing with the little one..Watching every Disney movie ever made I'm sure [Big Grin]
Posts: 19 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freezing me cobs off!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Cheeky. Good on you. But knowing how to drive might come in handy one day, that's if you don't know how. You just never know what kind of situation you might be propelled into one day. I read something the other day about African soldiers that were ambushed and abandoned their vehicle. They asked the lone survivor why they tried to retreat on foot. He answered they killed the driver and he was the only one who could drive. [Big Grin] He said if they knew how to drive the rest wouldn't be dead. Just saying.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
If Heliopolis was ever ambushed all I would have to do is cross the roads and I would lose the perpetrators in the fricking one way system [Wink]

I have never learned to drive, my ex let me drive his machine a few times and yeah, I can do it but just chose to never pursue it. I have never needed to drive I am not missing out on anything [Smile]

I have just ran a HOT bath and I am going to take some candles, my ipod and a book in there and chill for half hour. Lush n luxury.

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's not much time for me to sit on ES these's day. I am working as much as possible.Which is a good thing.Take the money while you can [Big Grin]
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
[Smile] yup, me too... making the most of a golden opportunity and loving it.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Just came back from hanging out downtown. We went there after midnight, lovely ambiance, traffic a non-issue, brought home authentic Thai food, was all good. I awoke so late and thought oh man Friday done, but having a ride it's a new dimension, the entire city opens up at any hour. So that's definitely cool. The alternative would have been taxis, which charge so much more after midnight because the public transport ceases at 11:55pm.

My wife has a job well evolved into one [Smile] [Big Grin] Not a real job, but I'm supportive. She didn't initiate it. It started with one Arabian woman wanting my wife to tutor her in English several hours a week, now it's 2 women, and a third wants my wife to tutor her kids. I don't like to boast but my wife's English “drops down like a hammer”, well okay not in advanced way like teaching “O/A-Level/High School” kids but teaching Arabian women as well as elementary school kids (standard 1-6/elementary school) is no problem whatsoever, especially since she will be following their curriculum.

We have like a dozen Arab families in our condo who are all well off with many children in international schools, so there's potential there, and all indications are that several Arab moms are interested in my wife teaching their kids. Currently they mostly have Indian tutors. I think it's a good thing, there are 24hrs per day, she can feel good doing something she likes, make some extra cash, build stronger bonds with our neighbors and community, so all around it has merit. Best thing is that it is in our condo building and will be limited to our building so transportation/traffic is not an issue.

I think it's cool. It seems like they are comfortable with her and she knows that she has to be professional about it. So my 2 cents is “you know how arab are, they will pour coffee, tea, and all that courtesy and friendliness, but your responsibility is to improve their English, and that's what they ultimately expect.”

Now...chilling. Drank couple beers downtown, bought home 5*640ml bottles of beer [Big Grin] I'm chilling.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Good for your wife [Smile]

I am suffering from a hangover, I accidentally got tipsy on local red wine and aside from it being as foul as rat's piss it gives a killer headache!

So, plans for today, off to meet the boys in a few hours to watch the Villa match and drink pop...

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Thanks Cheeky.

I'm hungover too, no headache but definitely the blahh feeling. Fried calamari, yesterday's Tum Yum helped though. Coca Cola too.

Have fun and good luck to your team. I'll probably watch a movie, something not complex.

Becki22061979
Member # 18383

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becki22061979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just booked my flights back to Egypt. Yipppeeee.
Posts: 2 | From: London | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who are you ?? How did you get here ? [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Becki22061979
Member # 18383

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becki22061979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this not an open forum?
Posts: 2 | From: London | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ofcourse it's an open forum Becki!
Good you have your flights booked. I'm so jealous as it is 2 years since I was there and the world seems to have been or is going [Big Grin]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am enjoying my day off after working a double yesterday...everything hurts, so i will relax and cook a wonderful meal for hubby today...something different...hmmmmmmmmmmm what shall it be [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Thank frogs today is nearly over, just a couple more hours to go before I am reunited with my pjs!!!

I wish you would come cook for me, I would order a roast beef dinner with yorkshire puddings [Big Grin]

Yes Becki, it is an open forum, aka as an e-asylum!

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Thank frogs today is nearly over, just a couple more hours to go before I am reunited with my pjs!!!

I wish you would come cook for me, I would order a roast beef dinner with yorkshire puddings [Big Grin]

Yes Becki, it is an open forum, aka as an e-asylum!

when i come back , i will diffidently cook for ya , [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
When you come back I will cook for you... Nutter!!! You will be on holiday.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
thats a deal...cant wait [Wink] ill bring the beer [Razz]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Spent Sunday at Templer's Park. It's just outside the city and was once used by British officers as a retreat. Understandably as its beautiful with waterfalls, wildlife, etc. The British always had an eye for natural beauty, their colonization of some of the most scenic spots on earth is testimony of that. It felt great to be outdoors with nature. Something that we want to do with regularity, and with a ride it's doable.

Presently in wait mode. Less than 2 hours remaining until NFL conference championship games begin. Woot!!!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
For some reason my oomph and enthusiasm have been on over-drive since 4pm and I have done so many 'to do' things.

It seems I found my mojo.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Cheeky finding mojo is a great feeling. [Smile]

The Packers Vs Bears game will begin now. Some fans go over the top, a bar owner in Minnesota will roast a whole bear in a pig-roaster. There are so many wrong things with this, the Packers are from Wisconsin, but Minnesota hates Chicago Bears so much that this nutty bar owner will roast a bear to show support for the Packers.

They aren't even allowed to eat the roasted bear. The health department will allow them to roast it but not eat it. The owner said the bear will be eaten at a private party afterwards.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6049090

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
WTF??? I am so glad they aren't called the Chicago Penguins... or pandas!!!

Mojo is never too far away, but I seem to get motivated all the more by reading all the negativity on here, makes me realise my life is fricking ace [Big Grin]

See... ES DOES have a a positive effect on some of us [Big Grin]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
So true Cheeky, and what Citizen wrote in the other thread made sense, about how some people are innately happy and others quite the opposite. So even if there are hiccups in life and there always are, happy people are able to move on and continue being happy.

Just be grateful, I know I am. It's a blessing.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yup, when life throws you lemons slice em on up and throw them in some Vodka. [Big Grin]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
chilling [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
just got done dinner...had beef stew with Halah meat for the man...i learned something new ...i put a half of cup of coffee in the stew...made it richer tasting and dark brown gravy...was soooooooooo good.with a tossed salad ..hubby thought he was in heaven
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
just got done dinner...had beef stew with Halah meat for the man...i learned something new ...i put a half of cup of coffee in the stew...made it richer tasting and dark brown gravy...was soooooooooo good.with a tossed salad ..hubby thought he was in heaven

you know what you are, you're a tease [Razz] and it's "halal" not "halah" ya mozza(babe), k, want me some tasty stew right about now! You spoil your husband. Lucky bastard [Smile] It's all good Micky..cheers [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i meant halal , sorry , my bad...and yes i do spoil the guy...and he loves it..we saved ya some stew..but you got to come back to philly for it [Razz] [Wink]
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What am i doing now.. sitting here checking in on facebook and here and watching my baby play ,, rather get into everything and sneak into kitchen with a dry erase marker and decorate my freezer with it while i was uploading new photos of him and i onto facebook .... smiles, life isnt much better than this, children are treasures

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
smiles, life isnt much better than this, children are treasures

Couldn't agree with you more Mystic. I can't believe how much joy I get from my daughter on a daily basis. It's the little things that make you smile, things that would mean nothing to strangers. She is only six months but she makes me laugh every day. I really can't wait to have another baby. I go back to work in 2 weeks and I'm already planning how long I have to work before I can qualify for maternity leave. I want a year off. I have it all planned. The job I haven't even started yet!

I wish I was a bit younger than 31 because I know time is not really on my side for having more than one or two kids max. I feel as though I could have six. Can't believe how much having a baby has changed me. I wasn't even remotely interested in children before Grace...funny thing motherhood [Smile]

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
made my first kofta....yummoooooooooooooo
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
making plans and preparations... if im called a bitch and abusive then someone very well gonna find out how much of a bitch i can be.... smiles

--------------------

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Just had a coffee morning with my Egyptian friends, very interesting to hear their views on the protests in Egypt. I learned a fair amount [Big Grin]

I went to pick up a paint brush from Jotun, they tried to add 10le on to the printed price... like I am a numpty. I wish I knew how to say in Arabic 'shove it up yer ass you thieving fecker'

Afternoon plans... cheese mash, and playing on FB [Smile] Thursdays I by far one of my favourite days.

MH... if you are going to be called a bitch then you may as well act like one. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wish I knew how to say in Arabic 'shove it up yer ass you thieving fecker'

You could try "bos teezy ya harami" as not sure how to say "shove it up your" so substituted "kiss my"

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah lol, I just struggled on the 'shove it up yer' bit as well.

I need to learn some new phrases... ya Exiiled, spill!!!

Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh this should be funny....geez its been good catching up on the last few weeks of ES. just love Ayisha's "Boz teezy ya harami"....Ill have to practice trying to say it! Oh how did I end up back here in Tas so soon? Oh...and my dog bloody drowned on Australia Day(Ustralya Day yesterday) so had the doggy funeral this mornnning. I should be in the sun in Egypt not floods and a drowned dog....
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Yeah lol, I just struggled on the 'shove it up yer' bit as well.

I need to learn some new phrases... ya Exiiled, spill!!!

huhtha fee teezak ya harami
put it in your ass ya thief [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
OMG GF.... that is awful [Frown] Gutted for you [Frown]

My best friend here is an Australian lass and she sits in tears when the news is on as her home is under water [Frown]

Cheers Exiiled for the Arabic though... I am certain I will be using this each time I enter a shop!

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
OMG GF.... that is awful [Frown] Gutted for you [Frown]

My best friend here is an Australian lass and she sits in tears when the news is on as her home is under water [Frown]

Cheers Exiiled for the Arabic though... I am certain I will be using this each time I enter a shop!

My pleasure [Big Grin] Stay safe.
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes hope everyone thats in Egypt stays safe,exciting to see what happens....I think there's a teashirt in hyroglifics with that one Exiiled! If anyone works it out you can say you thought it said I went to egypt and all I got was this lousy tshirt.
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
just finished filling out divorce papers as my husband , after putting me in hospital for stitches in my head in october,in which i put him in jail for, and i stupidly let him back in house after he was released, decided to walk to town today and file false accusations of violence against me, scratched his own face apparently, said i did it and well, ultimately started arguing with detective and ended up getting himself arrested again instead,, violation of probation, disorderly conduct, false reporting and.. huge shock to me, while inventory was being done on his bag, felony drug charge for having Khat... that explains alot. well, ha, seems i didnt have to be a bitch, he did it all himself for me....hmm immigration informed and deportation to follow i believe....and i was asleep in bed
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
just finished filling out divorce papers as my husband , after putting me in hospital for stitches in my head in october,in which i put him in jail for, and i stupidly let him back in house after he was released, decided to walk to town today and file false accusations of violence against me, scratched his own face apparently, said i did it and well, ultimately started arguing with detective and ended up getting himself arrested again instead,, violation of probation, disorderly conduct, false reporting and.. huge shock to me, while inventory was being done on his bag, felony drug charge for having Khat... that explains alot. well, ha, seems i didnt have to be a bitch, he did it all himself for me....hmm immigration informed and deportation to follow i believe....and i was asleep in bed

I thought Khat was legal in UK.
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
I'm in USA not UK

--------------------

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
I'm in USA not UK

Ohh! My bad. I mistook your for roseheart or something yellow rose heart or some ID like that. UK woman who married Alex dude. Yeah now I remember, you're the midwest chick. Good for you, and...Yeah, he's screwed.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
yorkshirerose, duhhh.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

ooo sweety u have such bad luck with men..lets hope u get free of this one safly
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So this one is good ol' Ott??
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com