EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 32)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just sooo tired what with having a 5am finish and them having a clock change. It isn't 11pm yet and I'm already in bed!!! Rock and roll lol.

I did hear about the scots. In the footy a villa player got motm for the England game, a proud time.

Tomorrows plan, walking and dining with a couple of my oldest mates.

Yah, it is nice spending time in good company.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feeling totally refreshed after a very long nap. First things first, a happy belated b-day to Cheeky. Missed contributing to this nonchalant thread. Heading out now to the theatre, a Japanese play with English surtitles. Should be cool, and for a good cause too as it's also a fund raiser for the tsunami/quake victims. This is the first installment of pampering my wife, have to, been too pre-occupied with events unfolding in the Arab World. Ciao.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is probably a stupid question, but how do you have subtitles at a play? [Confused]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Monkey - They're basically the same thing, but while subtitles are displayed at the bottom of the screen, surtitles are displayed atop the stage. ________________________________________________________________________________________

On a whim we'll head to the nearby highlands soon, to chill or whatever. Miss wearing a hoodie, miss drinking hot coffee in cool weather, miss chilly weather, period.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feeling sorry for myself!!!
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
^ why?
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Currently unwinding down. It's going on midnight at the edge of the world, not like I have any concept of time, but just saying. Tomorrow's plan > nothing ala nothing, as in literally nothing.

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While CF was visiting I had to go into hospital, with gall stones, then got severe pancreatitis and had to have gall bladder removed. Still recovering and today hasn't been a great day [Frown] CF is never visiting again if this is what she does to people! [Wink]
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watching the first baseball game of the season for the Phillie's... [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Supercalafragalistic:
While CF was visiting I had to go into hospital, with gall stones, then got severe pancreatitis and had to have gall bladder removed. Still recovering and today hasn't been a great day [Frown] CF is never visiting again if this is what she does to people! [Wink]

ooo god i feel for u i had gal stones when i was 19 and that was the worst feeling i could ever imagine. the pain is unbearable. worse than giving birth...good luck in yr recovery
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Thank you Tina [Smile] It was definitely worse than child birth! Thank god for morphine! [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey lady... How's the patient???

You were still a fab hostess and lovely company and I thought you really held up considering the outcome. If I'm still allowed to play out with you I will be back next year.

Currently just chillin with some good food, a nice glass of clever juice and 2 whole series of 24 to get through.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hope you feel better soon.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
Feeling totally refreshed after a very long nap. First things first, a happy belated b-day to Cheeky. Missed contributing to this nonchalant thread. Heading out now to the theatre, a Japanese play with English surtitles. Should be cool, and for a good cause too as it's also a fund raiser for the tsunami/quake victims. This is the first installment of pampering my wife, have to, been too pre-occupied with events unfolding in the Arab World. Ciao.

Thanks for your birthday message [Big Grin]

As for subtitles, I went to watch an Italian play with Arabic subtitles. Talk about confusion [Smile] They aren't rocket science to keep up with though... especially when the woman wails!!! That sounds the same in any language.

murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arghhh my addicton is too strong to fight.....left FB for a break but now need a dose of ES .....WTF [Wink] I just can't cure my net addiction x I'm off to bed for an early night to b ready to watch the boat race tmo in a fab pad on the river thames [Big Grin]
Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you feel better soon, Super [Frown]

Passed my exams, yaaaaaay [Smile]

Studying for the next lot, boooooo [Frown]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:

Mabruk!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thank you Tina [Smile] It was definitely worse than child birth! Thank god for morphine! [Big Grin]

no doubt thats the sergury that made me addicted to demerol...and thank god for tenz units as well. it helped me with pain when they winged me off demerol
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

Mabruk!! [Big Grin]
Shukran (Allah) [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hope you feel better soon, Super [Frown]

Studying for the next lot, boooooo [Frown]

congrats, girlie [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Congratulations to you [Smile]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Thank you, thank you.

After a bit of a ropey start it's shaping up to be quite a nice day. May even leave my coat at home for the first time this year [Eek!]

Off to find me mam something nice [Smile]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Supra. Ummm... Was thinking something far less serious, such as having to work weekends or whatever. Get well soon.

@Irda congrats on passing your exam

@Micky, nothing like opening day win, Yanks won too on opening day. [Smile]
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chilling. Hung out poolside earlier, napped, now posting on ES, soon will play X-Box.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Congrats Monkey... [Big Grin]

Painting everything but the walls by the looks of myself!!! just having a quick break before I go at it again.

For some reason I have Marillion playing on my ipod! I feel so ashamed [Frown]

Roast dinner this afternoon followed by a 24 session as I now have seasons 3 and 4 ready... 24 marathon will keep me out of trouble for a few days [Big Grin]

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Congratulations Monkey! [Smile]

My little toddler decided to jump on my stomach this morning. I was not amused!

Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Monkey [Big Grin]

I'm just trying to pluck up the motivation to do a 2000 word essay which was due about four weeks ago [Frown]

I want to watch tv and snooze... [Razz]

Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOuch Super....

Seriously lacking in motivation myself, grey Egypt is no different from grey England!!!

I have just got back after a lovely suprise invite by my Egyptian lady friends to a nice restaurant to buy me a birthday ice cream [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] painting pushed aside yet again!

Seriously feeling bloated and knackered!!! You wouldn't think I have had 9 weeks holiday... I need another one already [Big Grin]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Been out for a lovely meal and now settling in to watch a movie - maybe Jaws? Is a zillion times too many? Nah. God I love that film.

Ah, life is good [Smile]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am ashamed to say that today I visited Karnak Temple for the first time since 2002 [Eek!] I live a bus ride away *shame*

was still bloody hot [Cool]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
@Supra. Ummm... Was thinking something far less serious, such as having to work weekends or whatever. Get well soon.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chilling. Hung out poolside earlier, napped, now posting on ES, soon will play X-Box.

well i will see what the phil's can do tonight with Cliff Lee back with us again [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Just awoke (8:30am), perfect timing as the NCAA final four game between UCONN and Kentucky will begin shortly.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am awake at a ridiculously unsociable hour!

Got to see the pitch invasion at the Egyptian match though which was cool...

Just going to take a cuppa into the bath and have a soak until the world wakes up and entertains me. Mornings are very beautiful here but man alive are they boring [Big Grin]

Plans for the afternoon, off to tell the dude who made my curtains he is a knobhead for making not only the wrong size curtains but also too many... gmafb!!!

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
My friend is coming round for a meal. Mr is cooking so man the smoke alarms [Big Grin] (only kidding!)
Muscles still sore after gardening yesterday, who needs a gym [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
quote:

well i will see what the phil's can do tonight with Cliff Lee back with us again [Wink]
well my Phils did it again Exiiled... ;)2 games in a row...hope they can keep this up all season [Razz]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Decorating nearly finished... all my muscles ached too as I had no ladders (do now!) so I was up and down off the bed to stretch up (with the roller on a pole). Why are Egyptian ceilings SO high!

Curtain debacle unresolved as it piddled it down and Heliopolis became a river!

'Big shop' done, fridge full, drinks cupboard full, ferret full and an early night on the cards as I think if I went to the airport anytime soon they would check the bags under my eyes in as excess luggage [Wink]

CM.. you still got the hot dude on the field for me to look at?

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Micky - all good. yanks 2-0 too. :-) I wish your team the best. Until they face my team :-)

Chilling. Love Asia. Like really love it. Smarest choice we made moving here.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i am so happy you are where you want to be...
and about your team? we will get them this year [Big Grin] [Wink]
and CF yes Mame...
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.customauthenticjerseys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cole-hamels.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.customauthenticjerseys.com/mlb/332-phillie s-ace-cole-hamels/&h=300&w=295&sz=62&tbnid=FVyHCtL8G0Fa6M:&tbnh=226&tbnw=223&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcole%2Bhamels&zoom=1&q=cole+hamels&usg=__IcDK3nhHRarvTf_bnxsI3F8xz0E=&sa=X&ei=46WYTd O4CoiU0QHz5536Cw&ved=0CC4Q9QEw

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
i am so happy you are where you want to be...
and about your team? we will get them this year [Big Grin] [Wink]
and CF yes Mame...
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.customauthenticjerseys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cole-hamels.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.customauthenticjerseys.com/mlb/332-phillie s-ace-cole-hamels/&h=300&w=295&sz=62&tbnid=FVyHCtL8G0Fa6M:&tbnh=226&tbnw=223&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcole%2Bhamels&zoom=1&q=cole+hamels&usg=__IcDK3nhHRarvTf_bnxsI3F8xz0E=&sa=X&ei=46WYTd O4CoiU0QHz5536Cw&ved=0CC4Q9QEw

Thanks Micky [Smile] The next guinness is for you [Smile]

Yeah, it's cool out here.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Too much sticky toffee pudding [Frown]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Going to TGIF for a bloody mary.

Also want a greasy breakfast something like fried fish sandwich with fried egg on top, extra tartar sauce, extra ketcup too. Don't think TGIF can accomodate me, but fish & chip joint better.

Totally chilling,

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
No TGIF and No fish sandwich. Instead ordered a seafood xtracheese pizza from dominos. That and a heineken and what hangover.

Last night when I mentioned my love for Asia. I felt it. Home is where you make it. In the US/Arab world it's very easy. But living in an Asian society, it's not that easy, or impossible to blend in.

Yesterday, however, I realized how much it was home. Like our condo is home and our neighborhood is home too, our friends make us feel home, parts of the city are home. It's just a great feeling, I felt proud,

Love it. Literally had to learn Arabic before Egypt became home. Everyone speaks english here though, even parking tickets are in bahasa malay/english.

Just a cool feeling.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
phillies won 3 in a row.... [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 14 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a swoon.
Arabs got TALENT - oh yes it has...

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/188151_133990726666122_4201110_n.jpg

Finally something worth watching that show for... [Big Grin]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Gdeeda:
In a swoon.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/188151_133990726666122_4201110_n.jpg

ooh might have to watch it once then [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Gdeeda:
In a swoon.

ooh might have to watch it once then [Big Grin]
ohhhhhhhhhhh come to mama [Big Grin] [Razz]
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About to make a chocolate cake with my daughter
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by adelly:

[Razz] [Razz]
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ooh make sure it's big enough for a piece for us all [Big Grin]

I'm ready for bed already. Am I getting old?!

Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sponge:
quote:

we all are sweetie [Wink]
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cake turned out great.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sponge:
quote:

we all are sweetie [Wink]
I'm not [Razz]
  This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com