EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Berbers are primarily not African ? (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Berbers are primarily not African ?
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good capsule of Bekada's (2013, Pereira ed.) data
for our purposes is Table 2 with the Table S9 key.

Here is T2 with populations reordered from Mauritania
across Mediterranean Africa to Arabia and the Levant
then from Iran across Southwest Asia's mountains to
the peninsulas, islands, and coast of Mediterranean Europe.

-

I've included, at bottom, a somewhat phylogenetic reorder
of Bekada's TS9. There, are detailed, the haplogroups and
the major geographies she's assigned to each one; either
East Africa, Europe, Mid-East, North Africa, or West Africa.

Bekada recognizes a subclade may be of a different
geography than its parent clade or that clade's
upstream haplogroup(s).

-----------

-

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice way to kick the ball on the sideline.

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Please quote me saying North Africans have no Eurasian ancestry.

North Africans claim mostly Eurasian/Arab ancestry (ancient and recent), not just some. So who are you to say the contrary? They don't claim to be genetically affiliated to sub-Saharan Africans to a high level as you claim (beside I guess through some minimal level of admixture). Genetic studies show the same thing. But ES Tukuler has it's own little theory.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Maghreb, Berber, and North African frequencies repects Bekada's
* H1 & H3 _________ as European
* M1 & U6 & L3e5 __ as North African
* E-M35 ___________ as East African
* E-V13 ___________ as European
* E-M78 & E-M81 ___ as North African
* R-V88 ___________ as West African
regardless of any possible controversies about any of them since
what I want to do is show how a variety of geneticists' reports
support or refute the statement Berbers are not primarily African.

Out of Bekada's T2 target African groups
* Algeria comes out half and half
* Egypt is not primarily African
* Mauritania - Western Sahara is primarily African
* Morocco is primarily African
* Tunisia is primarily African
* Libya is primarily African
See TS3 and TS7 for sample info and reports with their backgrounds.

These are the African vs non-African frequencies
for maternal, paternal, and combined uniparentals
of each target African group and views of them as
* a Northern Africa superset
* a Tamazgha subset, and
* a Maghrebi core subset.

All three sets refute Berbers not primarliy African.
All three sets support Berbers are primarily African.

-

This posting updates or replaces my comments on
quoted Bekada non-raw data text statements made
in earlier posts to this thread.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TypeZeiss

I am not in total agreement with that quote
from the Library of Congress on Mauritania
but it served the purpose of explaining that
Maures are not Yemenis but were conquered by
them, absorbed them, and took on their lect.

You and I both know the antipathy Senegalese
hold for Mauritanians is what was behind Diop
claiming Yemeni ancestry for Maures as a whole.

Also you must be precise in examining Maure
origins and components and not think general
statements about Niger Kel Tamasheq applies
to Zenaga Mauritanians.

Of course the Imazighen avoiding the Arabs
were black or the most part but please don't
act like you don't know that in this region
non-Afasian speakers themselves do not call
Imazighen black even if they're actual skin
tone is as black as a cooking pot.

You do know I'm the guy who's posted info on
the type of black local to North Africa for
years on end. For instance see Algerian mosaics (link)
and this statement from the authentic Moors thread
quote:

We must remember Manilius derives Mauri from the Greek colour term μαῦρος black.

Even Frank Snowden wrote that Maurus is "at times obviously the equivalent of Ethiopian."
He shows that in the sense of skin colour by giving a Greek addage -- an Aithiopian black
as soot -- where black is a variant of maurus. Everybody knows soot isn't light or tawny.

Isidore in Origenes 14.5.10 equates Latin nigurm with Greek μαῦρος

Martial 6.39.6 barbs nappy haired Maurus.

Juvenal 5.53-54 makes a simile with nigri and Mauri.

There's no escaping the fact that the vast majority of authentic Maurs even into the early Islamic
era were blacks, a type of black indigenous to the North Africa between the Sahara and the Sea.

and more info I posted on black North Africa goes unsaid.
haha yes sir, but don't paint with such a wide brush brother. You know, it is those Wolof who seem to hate Mauritania, not all Senegalese. Also, I don't know that I agree that all tamasheq reject referring to themselves as black, when they are indeed black. I have seen them with my own eyes refer to themselves as "black" and the one's I know who said it were Kel Tamasheq, not Bella. But I get your point and I do agree. What your saying is true in terms of the history. Arab Islamic scholars were invited in and taught the locals Islam. It was a native African who invited the Yemeni scholar in to help educate his people on Islam and then they turned around and provided the second wave of Moors into Spain. I would be willing to bet the Yemen contingent at first probably didn't amount to much as they were probably scholars and their families in the beginning. There were Arab scholars invited into Mali as well, and again it was them and their families, not a massive amount. So I do see your point, get your point and agree.

Here is a good video by a native Mauritanian on the history of Al Muraabitoun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhtYZPSdJRg

Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beaten by the argumentation, Tukuler resort to spam this forum with posts he already made just like only 5 posts above trying to hide the part where he got his ass kicked.

ES Tukuler: North Africans are mostly genetically related to other Sub-Saharan Africans.

Actual North African people and Genetics: No we aren't.

Diop and other historians : No, they aren't.

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -
 -

Thanks for posting this. It's been such a long time I read Diop works.
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey dumbass

the idea was to start this page
with direct geneticist raw data
relevant to the thread's header

And quit making up bullshit and
claiming it's a quote from me.

Try to cut and paste my actual words.

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Another way to kick the ball on the sideline. Avoiding all the argumentation above, preferring to talk about fluff like my name or ridiculous stuff like that.

quote:
Hey dumbass

Since I disagree with him and kicked his ass with argumentation now he resorts to insults. Typical.

ES Tukuler: North Africans are mostly genetically related to other Sub-Saharan Africans.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can see where this is headed

next thing you know he'll be saying Egypt was founded by berbers, wait

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
you can see where this is headed

next thing you know he'll be saying Egypt was founded by berbers, wait

Typical undercover Eurasian nut move (they were more numerous in the past). They always try to find some proxy African populations who are actually admixed with Eurasians like Horn Africans, Berbers, modern Egyptians, etc, to take away the Ancient Egyptian origin from black Africans (sub-Saharan Africans). Hence why their new obsession with Berbers, modern Egyptians and other North African populations.

Unfortunately we don't have much aDNA results about AE. But the results we have thus far are very positive to confirm the mostly black African origin (Sub-Saharan African origin) of Ancient Egyptians (E1b1a, STR alleles from JAMA and BMJ studies, DNA Tribes, etc). Archaeology, and other fields, also confirm or strongly imply the mostly indigenous African origin of AE.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

More Diop on berbers

http://books.google.com/books?id=dHnDH-m9UQYC&q=berber#v=snippet&q=berber&f=false

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as I like diop, he says Khaldoun is just a bunch of undocumented statements, yet he then goes on to full on conjecture. Secondly I am not sure if he knew about the white slaves imported into North Africa. Lastly Khaldoun was THERE, he saw the population of North Africa in his time, and he said besides ONE group the rest were blacks!
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

ALGERIA

mt

EU 29.9
ME 31.4
tot 61.3%

Y

EU 10.3
ME 29.5
tot 39.8%

mt + Y = 101.1

of 200%

NOTE: NA mtDNA
incl M1 and U6

origin = ?

The unexpected presence of the European male lineages R-M412, R-S116, R-U152 and R-M529 in the Mahgreb could be the male counterpart of the maternal gene flow signaled by the mtDNA haplogroups H1, H3 and HV0. In fact, there are several haplogroups with clear geographical origins from European or North African sides of the Mediterranean, but also present on the opposite side. This could be used to estimate the respective levels of gene flow between areas, assuming that their present day frequencies in the source countries were the same when they spread to the other Mediterranean shore. Thus, mean frequency values for the native North African male clusters E-M81 and E-V65 in the Maghreb [Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya], are 40.03±11.66 and 3.40±0.60 respectively. The mean values for the same markers in western-central Mediterranean Europe [Iberian Peninsula, France and Corsica, Italy, Sardinia and Sicily] are 1.86±1.28 and 0.26±0.8 respectively. Taken together, these values would suggest around 5% male Maghreb input in Mediterranean Europe. In turn, E-V13, R-M412, R-S116, and R-U152 could be used to infer the male European input in the Maghreb, giving a value around 8%. Applying the same reasoning, mtDNA U6 and M1 frequencies on the European side would indicate the maternal gene flow from the Maghreb, the estimated value being around 10%. However, when we tried to calculate the European maternal input into the Maghreb using the H1, H3 and HV0 haplogroups, we realized that their respective mean frequencies in Mediterranean Europe [38.33+4.31, 17.27+3.57 and 5.23+1.06] are within the same range as those found in the Maghreb [42.05+4.92, 13.1+3.51 and 6.99+0.90]. This would imply a 100% European contribution to the maternal pool of the Maghreb. The fact that the three markers show similar frequencies on both sides rules out stochastic processes as a possible explanation, but further analyses, based on complete mtDNA sequences, are mandatory to investigate alternative scenarios.

-Bekada et al 2013

quote:

I've included, at bottom, a somewhat phylogenetic reorder
of Bekada's TS9.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

You Continentals brothas need to calm down. Sage never said Berbers founded AE. He never said AEians were anything but indigenous Africans. Genetically discovered to be SSA.

But irregardless of what the look like, Berbers are Africans. North Africans have a OLDER and more diverse clades of H/HV than Europeans. So irregardless of the beef within Africans, Berbers are Africans. Although some may think within their tiny little heads they are Europeans. But what can you expect from colonial mind...Fanon.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

You Continentals brothas need to calm down. Sage never said Berbers founded AE. He never said AEians were anything but indigenous Africans. Genetically discovered to be SSA.

But irregardless of what the look like, Berbers are Africans. North Africans have a OLDER and more diverse clades of H/HV than Europeans. So irregardless of the beef within Africans, Berbers are Africans. Although some may think within their tiny little heads they are Europeans. But what can you expect from colonial mind...Fanon.

Many of them are Europeans, I mean thats a fact. Just as it is is fact that some are mixed with black African and European slaves. We can't erase history.
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Do you consider Africans of partial Euro descent to be European?

I mean yeah many many coastal Maghrebis in fact have Euro mommies.

Does that discount the fact that native Maghrebi foundational roots
are Paleolithic African? Admitting that doesn't mean native Maghrebis
have no Euro or Arab admixture. It's quite obvious they are heavily mixed.

A people
P1 - in Africa
P2 - of a foundational African root and
P3 - (originally) speaking an African language are, in my opinion,
C - an African people.

Their religion and (current) language orientation to the Mid-East
and neglect of issues and matters not of North Africa cannot and
does not change the facts of their biology. Overall Maghrebis are Africans.

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:

A people
P1 - in Africa
C - an African people.

I am assuming this is addressed to me? My Great Grandmother was Hausa, but I am not Hausa, that just is what it is. Can I say I have a blood relation to them? Well yeah, sure. At the end of the day though, I am not Hausa, nor do I expect they would welcome me as such. Same for those half castes in the north. They belong to where ever their slave mothers or fathers came from, or if they are Arabs, then well they belong to Arabia, not to Africa. I know these people to well, they do not consider themselves Africans, so to speak. Its the "I am African BUT" syndrome with these people. They should be rounded up and shown the door. Its like those half caste Egyptians who want to put a claim on Kemet. You can't have it both ways. Either you fully admit your foundation is black African and you are admixed or you don't. You can't embrace the glory days and deny the bad times. I guess that is the difference. I am black like the oil, so my skin doesn't wash off. I can't play the white role with Europeans and modern day Arabs, and then put on my black robe with my African brothers.

But I do get your point in terms of Genetics, I mean the DNA make up is the DNA make up. We can't deny that. But there is a historical and cultural component to all this. Don't get me wrong, i don't hate half castes. Some of my best friends are half castes from North Africa (Im lying, just wanted to say that, it sounds funny lol). But no seriously, I don't hate anyone and I have a deep love for Brother Ghadaffi. But, I don't agree that these guys are "African" so to speak. A African is a black man, and a half caste is a half caste. I don't adhere to the Keita rubbish that there were always Africans looking like half castes and Europeans, complete rubbish.

Those blacks in the north like our Tawargha Brothers, Libyan Songhai, Black Tamashaq, Siwani, Beja, Nuba, Tebu, Dongali and others, those are true Africans, they are true northerners. The other ones, well not so much.

Look, can we say Obama is a European? No way. He has European blood yes, but his culture, physical appearance and a host of other things show he is a black man, and he counts himself as such. It is no different. We can't force people into a category that they don't belong.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Sage never said Berbers founded AE. He never said AEians were anything but indigenous Africans. Genetically discovered to be SSA.

Consider the source. Although I tried giving ARtU
benefit of doubt he's like the Lioness' equivalent.

All ES knows who inputted Hawass' data into popSTR
and vindicated the results obtained by DNAtribes that
everybody can still read here with back filler here.

But none of that matters to some guys.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Sage never said Berbers founded AE. He never said AEians were anything but indigenous Africans. Genetically discovered to be SSA.

benefit of doubt he's just the Lioness' equivalent.

and vindicated the results obtained by DNAtribes that everybody can still read here with back filler here

But none of that matters to a fool.

All I can say Takruri is that you have made more valuable contributions to these forums then the 2 people you are debeating right now and don't let the ignorance get to you. Learning a lot just from your posts also notice the divide and conquer bull that some use in using Diop to promote there ideology.
Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

King

Yeah I do know better
but yesterday I had
time to shoot and
against better
judgement I did
that back and forth
thing.

So let me shut it down right now.

Sorry boss
and sorry to all I let down.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:

quote:

A people
P1 - in Africa
C - an African people.

I am assuming this is addressed to me? My Great Grandmother was Hausa, but I am not Hausa, that just is what it is. Can I say I have a blood relation to them? Well yeah, sure. At the end of the day though, I am not Hausa, nor do I expect they would welcome me as such. Same for those half castes in the north. They belong to where ever their slave mothers or fathers came from, or if they are Arabs, then well they belong to Arabia, not to Africa. I know these people to well, they do not consider themselves Africans, so to speak. Its the "I am African BUT" syndrome with these people. They should be rounded up and shown the door. Its like those half caste Egyptians who want to put a claim on Kemet. You can't have it both ways. Either you fully admit your foundation is black African and you are admixed or you don't. You can't embrace the glory days and deny the bad times. I guess that is the difference. I am black like the oil, so my skin doesn't wash off. I can't play the white role with Europeans and modern day Arabs, and then put on my black robe with my African brothers.

But I do get your point in terms of Genetics, I mean the DNA make up is the DNA make up. We can't deny that. But there is a historical and cultural component to all this. Don't get me wrong, i don't hate half castes. Some of my best friends are half castes from North Africa (Im lying, just wanted to say that, it sounds funny lol). But no seriously, I don't hate anyone and I have a deep love for Brother Ghadaffi. But, I don't agree that these guys are "African" so to speak. A African is a black man, and a half caste is a half caste. I don't adhere to the Keita rubbish that there were always Africans looking like half castes and Europeans, complete rubbish.

Those blacks in the north like our Tawargha Brothers, Libyan Songhai, Black Tamashaq, Siwani, Beja, Nuba, Tebu, Dongali and others, those are true Africans, they are true northerners. The other ones, well not so much.

Look, can we say Obama is a European? No way. He has European blood yes, but his culture, physical appearance and a host of other things show he is a black man, and he counts himself as such. It is no different. We can't force people into a category that they don't belong.

No argument from me about that
see NA Bottomline (link).

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

A people
P1 - in Africa
C - an African people.

What you written is nothing but True Zeiss. You see it around you with certain self hating Indians claiming anything other then there blackness. "No I am brown" I laugh at this because if it was the USA they would of went through the same things that happened to the Blacks and Latinos during the civil rights. Brainwashing is rife with Indians probably the most brainwashed people on this earth next to the white berbers. The good thing about Indians though is there are many who are trying to break the cycle of selfhate and you gotta commend them for trying because TRUTH IS that Indians shockingly ARE BLACK. Yeah lioness and her retarded Tut looks Indian was the dumbest thing I have read but it shows the Mentality of these people

I have a Friend thats light skinned and claims I stereotype people when I was telling her TRUTH not stereotypes, but because I did not say it political correct, she got upset. Blacks like her are quick to defend other races and not her own. I told her chinese people make chinatowns in every country they live in and are closed off from the larger communities they live in. There areas some cant even speak the lingua franca of the Country they live in and onluy speak mandarin and cantonese.

She goes to me oh I have many asian friends and there parents speak english good. Then I said to her if chinese arent closed off, then why is there things CALLED CHINATOWN in the 1st place and why are the signs on the shop majority in Chinese in an English country. Then she said oh there is little portagoal and Italy blah blah blah. I asked her in these places are there signs on these places strictly in Italian and Porotguese. I asked her a Yes and No question that she had no choice but to say YES TO BOTH QUESTIONS.

So its still there colonial minds is everywhere.

Colonial mind is why these berber people can't unite with there fellow brothers in there communities and open doors for each other instead of just for themselves. Yet when they reach there "MOTHERLAND" (France [Roll Eyes] ) they are actually shocked to see how they are treated. hate begets hate. It does not work, there are better ways, but to see it through the haze is difficult for many.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
What you written is nothing but True Zeiss. You see it around you with certain self hating Indians claiming anything other then there blackness. "No I am brown" I laugh at this because if it was the USA they would of went through the same things that happened to the Blacks and Latinos during the civil rights. Brainwashing is rife with Indians probably the most brainwashed people on this earth next to the white berbers. The good thing about Indians though is there are many who are trying to break the cycle of selfhate and you gotta commend them for trying because TRUTH IS that Indians shockingly ARE BLACK. Yeah lioness and her retarded Tut looks Indian was the dumbest thing I have read but it shows the Mentality of these people [/QB]

Black Indians are not related to Africans in any significant way. They don't share significant DNA or historic link with black African people like Yoruba, Wolof, Dinka, Zulu, etc. At least not more than European people for example.

It's not about semantic. If we call black Indians populations, the A group and Sub-Saharan African populations the B group. We would see only limited DNA linkage between the A and B group and thus limited historical linkage. Black Indians never cluster with African people on autosomal genetic studies. Same thing with Berbers. If we call them the A group and Sub-Saharan Africans the B group. Then we would see limited DNA linkage between the A group and the B group thus limited historical linkage. Although Berber populations, even Berber with pale skin, are much closer to African than black Indians populations (due to higher level of admixture since they are geographically closer).

Obviously all those things have repercussion in the medical field since some diseases affect more some group of people who are genetically related than others.

But it also have repercussion in the historic/archaeological field. To know for example what part of the culture is related to shared origin (like archaeological assemblage, artifact like headrests,languages, etc) or to something else. Or simply to follow population movements along the years.

I just want to repeat that it's not about semantic or politic. Any citizen of an African country including Europeans, Arabs, Berbers or people of any origin have full ownership right on the continent. It's about tracing the true history of people and their linkage to one another.

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

quote:

A people
P1 - in Africa
C - an African people.

No argument from me about that
see NA Bottomline (link).

You nailed it in that first post on that thread you linked. The thing is, for TRUE africans to understand how these half caste got there. Once they understand that, then they can understand the African contribution to the world, because now, culture thieves, like Europeans and half castes can not deny us our history. Africans can understand that all the stuff you see built in North Africa is ours.

Using this information to convince half castes of their Africaninity, or trying to get them to embrace Africa is useless. One day, they will need Africa and Africa will not show them love. We saw that with those savage Hyksos.

You know though, I can not blame half caste and Europeans. They have no history, other than relatively recent, so I guess it is flattering for them to want to still African history. With that said though, Africans need to start doing more field work and publishing and bypassing Western centered academic circles. I read in some study from Rice University, that something like 80% of Africa is still on taped, in terms of archeology. One researcher said when you fly over parts of Africa, you can see old stone cities from the plane, but because it is now over grown, you cant really get in and do research. Africans need to step up and research it. There also needs to be a full on effort to un mask what is lying under the sahara. I am convinced something marvelous is there.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
quote:
What you written is nothing but True Zeiss. You see it around you with certain self hating Indians claiming anything other then there blackness. "No I am brown" I laugh at this because if it was the USA they would of went through the same things that happened to the Blacks and Latinos during the civil rights. Brainwashing is rife with Indians probably the most brainwashed people on this earth next to the white berbers. The good thing about Indians though is there are many who are trying to break the cycle of selfhate and you gotta commend them for trying because TRUTH IS that Indians shockingly ARE BLACK. Yeah lioness and her retarded Tut looks Indian was the dumbest thing I have read but it shows the Mentality of these people

Black Indians are not related to Africans in any significant way. They don't share significant DNA or historic link with black African people like Yoruba, Wolof, Dinka, Zulu, etc. At least not more than European people for example.

It's not about semantic. If we call black Indians populations, the A group and Sub-Saharan African populations the B group. We would see only limited DNA linkage between the A and B group and thus limited historical linkage. Black Indians never cluster with African people on autosomal genetic studies. Same thing with Berbers. If we call them the A group and Sub-Saharan Africans the B group. Then we would see limited DNA linkage between the A group and the B group thus limited historical linkage. Although Berber populations, even Berber with pale skin, are much closer to African than black Indians populations (due to higher level of admixture since they are geographically closer).

Obviously all those things have repercussion in the medical field since some diseases affect more some group of people who are genetically related than others.

But it also have repercussion in the historic/archaeological field. To know for example what part of the culture is related to shared origin (like archaeological assemblage, artifact like headrests,languages, etc) or to something else. Or simply to follow population movements along the years.

I just want to repeat that it's not about semantic or politic. Any citizen of an African country including Europeans, Arabs, Berbers or people of any origin have full ownership right on the continent. It's about tracing the true history of people and their linkage to one another. [/QB]

Listen man.

I said INDIANS ARE BLACK. They are. Could careless about there affiliation to Africans.

These people ARE BLACK: Africans, Indians, Fijians, Melanesian, Australian Aborigines, Malaysians, Original Hawaiians, Original Polynesians, Original Filipinos, Original Thais,.

Don't like it TOO Bad. Its Truth. Genes are genes son. ALL THESE PEOPLE WOULD OF SAT AT THE BACK OF THE BUS IN USA CUNTRY. Image is something that people are still stuck on. True people try to change that, sadly those who want to change that get shouted down and mocked by people who hang onto there color because aside from that, they see no value in there lifes.

Berbers get a wake up call when they go to France, Let me ask you this.

Are Africans and Berbers owners of Europe's continent?

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:

Of course. European people of African, Asian, Arab and Berber origin have full ownership right on the continent as any citizen of European countries.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Of course. European people of African, Asian, Arab and Berber origin have full ownership right on the continent as any citizen of European countries.
I Like That
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen. We can disagree but we have to calm down.

Brada..you got this?

I rely on scientific data FIRST. Some may not like what the data shows but....

Keita agrees with me. All scientific data has supported what I said.
European looking people have been on the continent of Africa from the very beginning. The anthropoligical and genetic data supports this...too bad.

Some of you are so dumb and can't see beyond your noses. Do you understand the premise of the Bekada study? I hate dumbing it down to my black brothas.

I will give you a hint - Bekada, Henn, etc most geneticist are trying to explain the presence of Berbers in North Africa. They are trying to give them a seat at the "Caucasian" table.

Bekada is trying to find the male conterpart of the supposedly "European" female that entered Africa 12000ya. They are caught in their web of lies and finding it difficult to get out.

Come on people think!!!!!

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
From TP. Caucasoids in SSA. You guys are believing the lie. That all SSA look alike.

In case you are not keeping up. Up to 5000BC all Europeans were black.

They are also admitting that light skin is new to the world. Notice that East Asians, Native americans(who are also light) have zero SLC45A2 mutation but Yurobans have the mutation. La Brana man did not carry the mutation. Put it together man....tic toc.

quote:
"others like Predomost and to a lesser degree Grimaldi and Teviec, are more prognathic like Skhul 5."
--Marta Mirazón Lahr. 2005. The Evolution of Modern Human Diversity:

Detailed information on metrics :

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
My Maghreb, Berber, and North African frequencies repects Bekada's
* H1 & H3 _________ as European

-

quote:

. North Africans have a OLDER and more diverse clades of H/HV than Europeans.

No they don't.

Below, your source, it came from my posting but you misinterpret it >>

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2958834/

Mitochondrial Haplogroup H1 in North Africa: An Early Holocene Arrival from Iberia
Claudio Ottoni 2010

Indeed, Moroccans and Tunisians, the populations geographically closest to Europe, harbor the highest diversity values for all considered indices.

^^^ this means Moroccans and Tunisians have the highest diversity of H
>>> WITHIN AFRICA

but not the highest diversity of H in the world

the context of the quote:

An arrival from Iberia explains the extent of H1 variation observed in North African populations (Table 2). Indeed, Moroccans and Tunisians, the populations geographically closest to Europe, harbor the highest diversity values for all considered indices. ( the consideration - H within North Africa )

Morocco and Tunisia have higher frequencies than Libya. Why?
They are closer to Europe

further:

Coalescence time estimates suggest an arrival of the European H1 mtDNAs at about 8,000–9,000 years ago,

^^^arrival time of hap H FROM Europe TO North Africa

It is thought to have evolved in the vicinity of the Near East ∼23,000–28,000 years ago, and to have spread into Europe ∼20,000 years ago.

Often xyyman cites articles and comes up with his won mis-conclusions

As expected, the North African-specific clades are characterized by younger ages ranging from about 3.8 to 6.7 kya for H1v, and from 2.1 to 7.9 kya for H1v1. The youngest clades were found to be H1w and H1x, with an age of about 0.8–1.1 kya.

So, besides the ‘autochthonous’ South-Saharan component, the maternal pool of Northern Africa appears to be characterized by at least two other major components: (i) a Levantine contribution (i.e. haplogroups U6 and M1, [11]), associated with the return to Africa around 45 kya, and (ii) a more recent West European input associated with the postglacial expansion.

also see

Neolithic mitochondrial haplogroup H genomes and the genetic origins of Europeans. Brotherton P,

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.researchgate.net/publicatio

High-resolution mtDNA evidence for the late-glacial resettlement of Europe from an Iberian refugium
Luísa Pereira 2005

http://genome.cshlp.org/content/15/1/19.full

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

-

Morocco

mtDNA

EU 34.9
ME 31.7
tot 66.6

Y DNA

EU 3.9
ME 9.4
tot 13.3

the question of primarily African is properly divided into maternal and paternal

As shown Moroccans are
primarily non-African maternally
and primarily African paternally

Tunisians

mtDNA

EU 24.6
ME 36.69
tot 61.29

Y DNA

EU 1.7
ME 23.5
tot 25.2

LIBYA

mtDNA

EU 28.6
ME 36.8
tot 65.4

Y DNA

EU 2.4
ME 2.4
tot 4.8

and we needed an 9 page thread for this?

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
You are sneaky little punk aren't you? That is not the study I am referring to. "Pillars of Hercules" is my source.

On one hand Ottoni, Achilli etc uses coalescance age estimation and NOT genomic haplotypes. To come up with their conclusion. Diversity/Haplotypes trumps frequency and the erratic method of coalescence age estimation.

And it was cited in this thread'

We discussed this already.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
You are sneaky little punk aren't you? That is not the study I am referring to. "Pillars of Hercules" is my source.

On one hand Ottoni, Achilli etc uses coalescance age estimation and NOT genomic haplotypes. To come up with their conclusion. Diversity/Haplotypes trumps frequency and the erratic method of coalescence age estimation.

And it was cited in this thread'

We discussed this already.

So your source that the greatest diversity in the world of Haplogoup H is in North Africa is the Pillars of Herculus ?

Somebody wrote it on the pillar?

Mitochondrial DNA haplogroup H structure in North Africa
Hajer Ennafaa1

The haplogroup H represents 44% of the mtDNA variation in the Iberian Peninsula, but only 22% in the Near East. Likewise, this distribution still reaches 25% in North Africa, but drops to only 9% in the Arabian Peninsula.

That Palaeolithic expansion would explain the notorious presence of H1 and H3 detected mainly in the most North-western populations of North Africa and the decrease in their frequency eastwards. However, if this hypothesis held, the comparatively high diversity of H1 and H3 in North Africa would point to an important Palaeolithic gene flow from the Iberian Peninsula to North Africa across the Strait of Gibraltar. On the contrary, a consensus exists regarding the Near East origin of the bulk of the Y-chromosome and mtDNA North African lineages. However, discrepancies still exists with respect to the time in which these settlements most probably occurred. In the first Y-chromosome pioneering studies of the region, a Palaeolithic settlement for the autochthonous E-M81 clade was hypothesized in accordance with the age proposed based on classical markers [30]. However, later studies have assigned this, and other subclades derived from E-M78, that are particularly abundant in North Africa, a Neolithic or even historic settlement age and a Near East or Northeast African source [63,31-34]. On the other hand, for those mtDNA haplogroups pre-eminent in North Africa, that have been analyzed at deep genomic and phylogeographic levels, such as U6 and M1, a Palaeolithic settlement and Middle East roots have been proposed [11,13,14]. From our data, it can be also deduced that the presence of the H1 and H3 subgroups in North Africa could have similar expansion times as in Europe and, therefore, a late Palaeolithic settlement in the region. Finally, it should be noted that the different levels of gene flow detected throughout the Strait of Gibraltar

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

-

Clearly we can see that mtDNA haplogroups TUV are the product of back migration into Africa (a very long time ago). They are all descendants of the N haplogroup (and R) which originates in population who left Africa after the main OOA migration. Then migrated back into Africa a very long time ago. Then they admixed between themselves, with other (sub-Saharan) Africans and with Western Asians (Arabs). They obviously have ownership right on the continent (as any citizen of African country for that matter) but they are still the product of 3 different ancestral origin. European, Eurasian and African. A nice mix.

Using autosomal DNA they tend to cluster with Eurasian more. Same as culturally. If you ask them they would also say the same thing in general; They feel they are part of the Middle Eastern/Mediterranean cultural field.

Do you have anthropological and archeological evidence of these suppose back migrations?

Successes and failures of human dispersals from North Africa
(2011)

-

-

Whole-mtDNA Genome Sequence Analysis of Ancient African Lineages

(B) Relative frequencies of haplogroups L0, L1, L5, L2, L3, M, and N in different regions of Africa from mtDNA d-loop and mtDNA coding region SNPs from previous studies.

-

--Mary Katherine Gonder*, Holly M. Mortensen*, Floyd A. Reed*, Alexandra de Sousa†‡ and Sarah A. Tishkoff*

-

Hg N, see Fig.3:

--Tishkoff S A , M. K. Gonder, B. M. Henn, H. Mortensen, A. Knight, C. Gignoux, N. Fernandopulle, G. Lema, T. B. Nyambo, U. Ramakrishnan, et al.(2007).History of Click-Speaking Populations of Africa Inferred from mtDNA and Y Chromosome Genetic Variation. Mol. Biol. Evol., 24(10): 2180 - 2195.

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/24/10/2180.full.pdf+html

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Another way to kick the ball on the sideline. Avoiding all the argumentation above, preferring to talk about fluff like my name or ridiculous stuff like that.

quote:
Hey dumbass

Since I disagree with him and kicked his ass with argumentation now he resorts to insults. Typical.

That's odd, because the Moroccan Berbers I know claim indigenous situ to Northwest Africa. This includes the light skinned as well.

quote:
The results show that the most ancient haplogroup is L3*, which would have been introduced to North Africa from eastern sub-Saharan populations around 20,000 years ago
--Frigi et al.

quote:
No southwest Asian specific clades for M1 or U6 were discovered. U6 and M1 frequencies in North Africa, the Middle East and Europe do not follow similar patterns, and their sub- clade divisions do not appear to be compatible with
their shared history reaching back to the Early Upper Palaeolithic."

[...]

Some M1 and U6 sub-clades could be linked with certain events. For example, U6a1 and M1b, with their coalescent ages of ~20,000-22,000 years ago and earliest inferred expansion in northwest Africa, could coincide with the flourishing of the Iberomaurusian industry, whilst U6b and M1b1 appeared at the time of the Capsian culture.

--Erwan Pennarun, Toomas Kivisild et al.

Divorcing the Late Upper Palaeolithic demographic histories of mtDNA haplogroups M1 and U6 in Africa

quote:
Although Haplogroup M differentiated
soon after the out of Africa exit and it is
widely distributed in Asia (east Asia and
India) and Oceania, there is an
interesting exception for one of its more
than 40 sub-clades: M1.. Indeed this
lineage is mainly limited to the African
continent with peaks in the Horn of
Africa."

--Paola Spinozzi, Alessandro Zironi .
(2010). Origins as a Paradigm in the
Sciences and in the Humanities.
Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht. pp. 48-50

quote:
“..the M1 presence in the Arabian
peninsula signals a predominant East
African influence since the Neolithic
onwards.“

-- Petraglia, M and Rose, J
(2010). The Evolution of Human
Populations in Arabia:

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Sour grapes and knashing of teeth can't alter the statistical fact of Bekada's raw data.

-

So go on and whine, whine, whine.
Just remember YOU were the one
who blurted out "Berbers are not
primarily African"
without gender
qualification. You could've easily
retracted or precisioned yourself.
Instead you resort to face saving
tactics because for you it's more
important to be right than to learn.

Bekada is not the be all and the end all.
We will go on examining raw data from
other recent studies for revelations.
We will accept their geographic hg
assignments as given nor quibble
over sampling bias so to let
the professional academic
population geneticists
stats speak without
spin or interpretation.

At the end we will see what the
combined overall results conclude.
Whatever they come down to we will
accept them and not whine over if
they uphold a priori personal opinion.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Keep things in perspective, yes, the master has made valuable contribution,, but ARTU and TyepZeiss has made contributions also.

ARTU was the one who posted those never before scene images of AEians. Granted he may be a little niave and is getting ahead of himself thinking he has grasp on genetics. But...his heart is in the right place.

Please...no short memories.

quote:
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

benefit of doubt he's just the Lioness' equivalent.

and vindicated the results obtained by DNAtribes that everybody can still read here with back filler here

But none of that matters to a fool.

All I can say Takruri is that you have made more valuable contributions to these forums then the 2 people you are debeating right now and don't let the ignorance get to you. Learning a lot just from your posts also notice the divide and conquer bull that some use in using Diop to promote there ideology.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

Tukular version>
quote:

-

quote:

Out of Bekada's T2 target African groups
* Algeria comes out half and half
* Egypt is not primarily African
* Mauritania - Western Sahara is primarily African
See TS3 and TS7 for sample info and reports with their backgrounds.

I haven't checked all the figures. They nearly the same. I did find this error

Bekada

MOROCCO Y DNA
NA 73.9
EA 5.8
WA 7.0

tot 86.7

Tukular
tot 89.7

Neverthless there is only a few points difference, Tukular has added mt and Y and called it uniparental

The berbers are part Eurasian and this goes back to prehistoric times.
But according to these Bekada figures, on the whole Maghrebians while part Eurasian the are primarily in the majority sense, African, primarily African
Diop, Clyde, Amun Ra and lioness are wrong.

looking at some of the popualtion figures:

Egypt 84,605,000

Algeria 38,295,000

Morocco 32,950,000

Tunisia 10,889,000

Libya 6,323,000

Mauritania 3,461,000

Western Sahara 650,000

However the berbers are probably even more African than the population of these countries on the whole.

The thing that is really weighing the scales toward
Africa is E-M81

highest E-M81 frequencies

Chenini–Douiret, Tunisia, Berbers, 100%

Tunisia/Jradou Berbers- 100%

Tunisia/Bou Saa- 92.5%

Tunisia/Bou Omrane 87.5

Algeria/Mozabites- 86.6%

^^^^ I invite people to try to find out what these people look like. There is a point at which you take what you know about the DNA and check out the actual people.
Those particular Tunisian groups are perhaps the most African

However look how they look. It doesn't matter to the DNA,
some of them are near 100% Y DNA African add to that mt DNA which might be around 40%. That's primarily African and these are Tunisans not the Tuareg further south

Revisit the Siwa, they are perhaps an outlier berber group and have nearly no M81 (E1b1b1b)
But they have, according to the below chart
B2a1a_____28.0
and
R1b1*_____26.9

That African B is not found in the other Berber groups, nor much if any R1b1* They have a bit of J also
Some of the Hap B input is probably Sudanese.

This fits with the Bekada in that Egyptians are primarily Eurasian
--However Siwa are a very small population within Egypt, they are probably more African than the average Egyptian, although less so than other berbers.
But to complicate things more direct to an East African component

-

How do we look at Haplogroup E-M81 ??

wiki:

Arredi et al. 2004 believe the pattern of distribution and variance to be consistent with the hypothesis of a post Paleolithic "demic diffusion" from the East. The ancestral lineage of E-M81 in their hypothesis could have been linked with the spread of Neolithic food-producing technologies from the Fertile Crescent via the Nile, although pastoralism rather than agriculture. E-M81 may also have been carried into its currently most common region together with a form of proto-Afroasiatic. On the basis of these possible links, the men who brought E-M81 into northwestern Africa may therefore have come from Asia, or they may represent a "local contribution to the North African Neolithic transition". But there is no autochthonous presence of E-M81 in the Near East, indicating that M81 most likely emerged from its parent clade M35 either in [North Africa, or possibly as far south as the Horn of Africa

It's disputed by Arredi
however evidence is weighing toward East African origin

Not every Tunisian berber group has M81 this high:

Tunisia/Bou Saa- 92.5%

^^^^ but if M81 is East African derived from M35 it might be reasonable to expect these groups to look largely East African

Here's the thing>

If M81 came from the Horn descending from M35 we can look at the chart for E-M35
that's formerly known as E3b
aka E1b1b1

Why isn't that much higher in Siwa? 6.5

Here's the Arredi piece, juts posting for the alternate point of view, I don't necessirly agree

My old ES thread on it

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008340

source

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1216069/
A Predominantly Neolithic Origin for Y-Chromosomal DNA Variation in North Africa
Barbara Arredi1,

We have typed 275 men from five populations in Algeria, Tunisia, and Egypt with a set of 119 binary markers and 15 microsatellites from the Y chromosome, and we have analyzed the results together with published data from Moroccan populations. North African Y-chromosomal diversity is geographically structured and fits the pattern expected under an isolation-by-distance model. Autocorrelation analyses reveal an east-west cline of genetic variation that extends into the Middle East and is compatible with a hypothesis of demic expansion. This expansion must have involved relatively small numbers of Y chromosomes to account for the reduction in gene diversity towards the West that accompanied the frequency increase of Y haplogroup E3b2, but gene flow must have been maintained to explain the observed pattern of isolation-by-distance. Since the estimates of the times to the most recent common ancestor (TMRCAs) of the most common haplogroups are quite recent, we suggest that the North African pattern of Y-chromosomal variation is largely of Neolithic origin. Thus, we propose that the Neolithic transition in this part of the world was accompanied by demic diffusion of Afro-Asiatic–speaking pastoralists from the Middle East.

In conclusion, we propose that the Y-chromosomal genetic structure observed in North Africa is mainly the result of an expansion of early food-producing societies. Moreover, following Arioti and Oxby (1997), we speculate that the economy of those societies relied initially more on herding than on agriculture, because pastoral economies probably supported lower numbers of individuals, thus favoring genetic drift, and showed more mobility than agriculturalists, thus allowing gene flow. Some authors believe that languages families are unlikely to be >10 KY old and that their diffusion was associated with the diffusion of agriculture (Diamond and Bellwood 2003). Since most of the languages spoken in North Africa and in nearby parts of Asia belong to the Afro-Asiatic family (Ruhlen 1991), this expansion could have involved people speaking a proto–Afro-Asiatic language. These people could have carried, among others, the E3b and J lineages, after which the M81 mutation arose within North Africa and expanded along with the Neolithic population into an environment containing few humans.

On the other hand....

Deep Into the Roots of the Libyan Tuareg: A Genetic Survey of Their Paternal Heritage

Claudio Ottoni et al. 2011

Analysis of the microsatellite variation in E1b1a8 and
E1b1b1b (Fig. 2a,b) provides more clues about the history
of these haplogroups in the Libyan Tuareg. The high diversity of E1b1b1b as opposed to the sharp homogeneity
of E1b1a points to a more complex history of E1b1b1b in
the Libyan Tuareg, suggesting that this might represent
the original paternal genetic matrix of the Tuareg villages
in Fezzan. More information about the origin of the
Tuareg E1b1b1b chromosomes is given by the analysis of
STR variation in Northern African populations (Supporting Information Fig. S1). It is likely that most of the
Tuareg E1b1b1b Y-chromosomes (i.e., 13 out of 23, 57%)
are related to an expansion event that took place about
2.6 kya in an ancestral population inhabiting a region
between Tunisia and the Central Sahara. This event may
have coincided with an expansion that led to the formation of derived Tunisian and Central Saharan populations, with the latter, in turn, contributing to the paternal
genetic pool of the Tuareg villages in Fezzan.

and:

http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v18/n8/full/ejhg201021a.html

Linking the sub-Saharan and West Eurasian gene pools: maternal and paternal heritage of the Tuareg nomads from the African Sahel

In this study, we provide new mtDNA and Y chromosome data sets of three unrelated Tuareg groups from three different countries (Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso). At the same time, we try to unravel the questions of their genetic origin, the mutual relationships among their sub-populations as well as possible links to neighbouring populations. The genetic heritage of the Tuareg population is analysed within the context of the West Eurasian versus sub-Saharan contributions to their gene pool.

act
The Tuareg presently live in the Sahara and the Sahel. Their ancestors are commonly believed to be the Garamantes of the Libyan Fezzan, ever since it was suggested by authors of antiquity. Biological evidence, based on classical genetic markers, however, indicates kinship with the Beja of Eastern Sudan. Our study of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) sequences and Y chromosome SNPs of three different southern Tuareg groups from Mali, Burkina Faso and the Republic of Niger reveals a West Eurasian-North African composition of their gene pool. The data show that certain genetic lineages could not have been introduced into this population earlier than ~9000 years ago whereas local expansions establish a minimal date at around 3000 years ago. Some of the mtDNA haplogroups observed in the Tuareg population were involved in the post-Last Glacial Maximum human expansion from Iberian refugia towards both Europe and North Africa. Interestingly, no Near Eastern mtDNA lineages connected with the Neolithic expansion have been observed in our population sample. On the other hand, the Y chromosome SNPs data show that the paternal lineages can very probably be traced to the Near Eastern Neolithic demic expansion towards North Africa, a period that is otherwise concordant with the above-mentioned mtDNA expansion. The time frame for the migration of the Tuareg towards the African Sahel belt overlaps that of early Holocene climatic changes across the Sahara (from the optimal greening ~10 000 YBP to the extant aridity beginning at ~6000 YBP) and the migrations of other African nomadic peoples in the area.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^^

Nevertheless it is reasonable to suggest the berbers are primarily African.

Europedia:

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml#M81

-
 -

My question is who is more similar to North African M81 carriers>

Southern and Central Europeans

or

East Africans?

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

-

I haven't checked all the figures. They nearly the same. I did find this error

Bekada

MOROCCO Y DNA
NA 73.9
EA 5.8
WA 7.0

tot 86.7

Tukular
tot 89.7

How did Jimi put it? If 6 was 9? [Embarrassed]

Wish more people would cross examine
my stuff for inaccuracies. It's a boon.

I will have to recalculate everything
and wait a day later and do it again
so as to leave time enough to approach
the data fresh. Until then disregard
my table.

One thing I miss about old school
anthropology is the photos. I know
there are too many samples involved
for geneticists to do that but still
representative types would be nice.
I think it'd help show SNPs and STRs
are not necessarily predictive of a
general expected phenotypical look.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The thing that is really weighing the scales toward
Africa is E-M81

highest E-M81 frequencies

Tunisia/Bou Saa- 92.5%

Tunisia/Bou Omrane 87.5

Algeria/Mozabites- 86.6%

Those frequencies should not be aligned
with Bekada who gives her own Y freq
aggregates for Tunisia, Algeria, et al.,
not skewed to a bunch of individual
Tunisian sites and the Mzabis only.

The primary Berber Y chromosome is E-M81 that's
why it's well known as the "Berber specific marker,"
agreeing with my idea that the Berbers are primarily
local African. Local = north.

And, yes, E-M81 is the dominating Y haplogroup
and it is African and what's wrong with that?
Just as J1-M267 is the weightiest AfroAsian Y
and ranks with the other non-African nrY HGs.

So what?

-

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, here is my corrected table analyzing
Bekada's Table 2 for African vs Eurasian
frequencies with my North Africa, Berber,
and core Maghreb breakdowns.

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
OK, here is my corrected table analyzing
Bekada's Table 2 for African vs Eurasian
frequencies with my North Africa, Berber,
and core Maghreb breakdowns.

-

-

More interesting stuff,

quote:
In addition, Bayesian skyline analysis of 328 complete L3 sequences and founder analysis of 2,359 L3 hypervariable segment I (HVS-I) sequences enabled us to infer both local demographic expansions and migrations within Africa.

[...]

The diversification of L3 in Eastern Africa began early, as demonstrated by the ages of L3a and L3h (fig. 1), both of which are virtually specific to this region (fig. 3A). The BSP for Eastern Africa (supplementary fig. S6, Supplementary Material online) alone rises most steeply only after 40 ka (table 1), but the plot shows a progressive increase from before 50 ka. Accordingly, the scan of HVS-I diversity of founder L3 lineages in Eastern Africa showed a peak at ∼58.8 ka (corresponding to nearly three quarters of the L3 data in Eastern Africa; table 2), followed by a second peak at ∼1.8 ka.

http://www.plosone.org/article/fetchSingleRepresentation.action?uri=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0007842.s001

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/suppl/2011/10/02/msr245.DC1/Supplemental_TableS4.xls

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/suppl/2011/10/02/msr245.DC1/Supplemental_Material2.txt

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/suppl/2011/10/02/msr245.DC1/Supplemental_TreeUpdatedOctober.xls

-Pedro Soares et al.

The Expansion of mtDNA Haplogroup L3 within and out of Africa

Mol Biol Evol (2012) 29 (3): 915-927.

quote:

-

The American Journal of Human Genetics, Volume 88 Supplemental Data

A Revised Root for the Human Y Chromosomal
Phylogenetic Tree: The Origin of Patrilineal
Diversity in Africa

Fulvio Cruciani, Beniamino Trombetta, Andrea Massaia, Giovanni Destro-Bisol, Daniele Sellitto, and Rosaria Scozzari

See, Table S1. Haplogroup Affiliation of the Seven Chromosomes that Were Re-sequenced.

And; Table S5: Populations considered for the mutations defining major clades A1b, A1a and A2-T.

http://download.cell.com/AJHG/mmcs/journals/0002-9297/PIIS0002929711001649.mmc1.pd

Tukuler
Member # 19944

While there's great fanfare over the Eurasian
mtDNA in pre-Holocene Maghreb, not only is
L played down it has been outright denied as
a Maurusian founder. That lie must be corrected.

L3 was definitely in 12k Taforalt (Kefi).
Frigi says it was in Tunisia since 20k.
That's at Maurusian industry beginnings.

Cerezo (2012) posits three L clades for
Europe spanning LUP to early mid- Holocene.

Some propose direct migration from West
Africa. Alternately, they could've been
in North Africa, especially considering
pre-Green Sahara climatic condition obstacles.

: Ibero-Maurusian

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
No L migrated from SSA to Southern Europe bypassing the Magreb. Lol! Even Achilli et al 2012 admitted its presence in Europe at least late Holocene. Why are you losing sleep arguing with a nobody?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's arguing?
It's called knowledge flow.

You know how assumptions go.
All L must be SSA sub-Saharan African.
No thought some is SSA supra-Saharan African.
L3 is doubtlessly Pan-African.

At least they're not making the old
homebody non-explorer assumption
about "black Africans."

Straight travel from sub-Sahara Africa
to Europe means they had to know that
a Europe was even there for them to go to.

But why would pre-Holocenes settle Europe and
never do the same in the Maghreb? How'd they
bypass Sahara and Maghreb without Senegal
Airlines?

And indeed why assume Europe bound L
ancestresses were even from that far
south? For the early to mid Holocene
era why not South Morocco/West Sahara/
North Mauritania or even somewhere in
Algeria as the starting terminal?.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Agreed. SSA is a new term. Occupation was probably mostly in the Sahara.

Quote: "Straight travel from sub-Sahara Africa
to Europe means they had to know that
a Europe was even there for them to go to."

I am not sure they "knew" Europe was there. But remember they were Hunter gatherers. Maybe they did.

It was more about hunting and gathering food.

If you follow the recent discovery of Loschbour man, the hunter gather. These migrations take 1000's of years over several generations. New Migrants bringing new culture and customs. Stuttgart woman being one of the most advance. Note her burial setup is very advance and grave goods were very prominent. Unlike Motola man..with heads on a stick.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Turkuler: berbers are primarily African

xyyman: berbers are completely African

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:

The contemporary Berbers or Amazigh are all in the West. Berbers genetically are mainly related to Southern Europeans, instead of Middle Easterners (J1-M267)---support their European origin. Berber DNA:
H1 & H3 _________ European
M1 & U6 & L3e5 __ North African/European
E-M35 ___________ East African
E-V13 ___________ European
E-M78 & E-M81 ___ North African (E1b1b1b)
R-V88 ___________ West African

But Clyde when you look at the frequencies of these haplogoups in bebers the case could be made that many berber groups are half or more African.
Diop didn't have access to more recent research so not everything he said is necessarilly right

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com